Tekken 5 Ultimate Collector's Edition $29.99 at EB/GS

Just came back from my local GS and they had a dusty T5 arcade stick. Sticker said $79.99 but rang up for $29.99. I was tradding in a copy of Halo2 to get the $22 credit and ended up having to pay just $10 for the stick. Sweeet

Man too bad I bought all my classic arcade compilations on xbox or I would pick this up just for the arcade stick. Anyone want to put up some pictures?

[quote name='S_G']For those who were able to get a sealed edition can you tell me what the exact contents were? I was only able to get a display copy. Luckily the collectors dvd case was sealed. The joystick had the bubble wrap and I didn't see any fingerprints, but the buttons have a bunch of scratches on them. Is this normal? I had to spend a few minutes explaining to the clerk that the collectors dvd case is empty and that Tekken 5 comes in a separate case. He couldn't find it so he gave me a GH version off the shelf. Is that all the contents that are supposed to come in this edition?[/quote]

Yeah that's it. The stick, the empty case that can hold all 6 tekken games, and Tekken 5 (non-gh).

[quote name='MarkMan']Very wrong.

If you check with real 2D and 3D fighting game players. Players that attend major tournaments etc. You'll see that the T5 Hori stick was probably the most popular stick there. I saw more of those than any other stick at EVO2006 world fighting game championships.

This is a great deal, it is IMO the best stick out the box available in America.[/QUOTE]

I know you know your stuff about fighters and all but was the "real" 2d and 3d fighting game players comment neccessary? I tried using the stick for 2d fighters on mame, ps2 and xbox and didn't like using it for them. I wasn't comfortable with the stick's "loose" feel and the button layout. I would rather use Hori's DOA stick for 2D fighters.

In any case I stand corrected on it not being good with 2D fighters, especially when someone else pointed out how others mod the stick, which is something I need to despertly do with my SF stick.

Thanks OP I got one. I'm just wondering who around here picked up the other two. You should PM me so we can get some fighting game tourneys going local.(that is if you are on CAG)

Just got one, employee commented if he had known the price on it he would have gotten it himself. Now I feel even better about getting the last one

Just picked up a Tekken 5 UCE AND a Hori DOA4 stick at EB for ~$76 w/tax ... sweet!! I've been looking for the Hori stick for weeks and decided to try an EB I have never been to - looks like I got lucky :)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I know you know your stuff about fighters and all but was the "real" 2d and 3d fighting game players comment neccessary? I tried using the stick for 2d fighters on mame, ps2 and xbox and didn't like using it for them. I wasn't comfortable with the stick's "loose" feel and the button layout. I would rather use Hori's DOA stick for 2D fighters.

In any case I stand corrected on it not being good with 2D fighters, especially when someone else pointed out how others mod the stick, which is something I need to despertly do with my SF stick.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it, "high-level" fighting game players are probably the most elitist gamers in existence.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I scored a sealed one. I was debating on picking up two but I didn't want to be greedy lol.

[quote name='peteyrose']Don't worry about it, "high-level" fighting game players are probably the most elitist gamers in existence.[/QUOTE]

With good reason!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I know you know your stuff about fighters and all but was the "real" 2d and 3d fighting game players comment neccessary? I tried using the stick for 2d fighters on mame, ps2 and xbox and didn't like using it for them. I wasn't comfortable with the stick's "loose" feel and the button layout. I would rather use Hori's DOA stick for 2D fighters.

In any case I stand corrected on it not being good with 2D fighters, especially when someone else pointed out how others mod the stick, which is something I need to despertly do with my SF stick.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it, "high-level" fighting game players are probably the most elitist gamers in existence.

[quote name='peteyrose']Don't worry about it, "high-level" fighting game players are probably the most elitist gamers in existence.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, have you ever met any Neo Geo collectors?

[quote name='Mr.FoodMonster']I don't know, have you ever met any Neo Geo collectors?[/QUOTE]
someone called?

i just found 1 at a "hidden" gamestop.... the cashier's jaw dropped when i asked for a price check! $32.09 later and i was out...

also, the system said they had a used on as well for $17.99... needless to say, they ran to the back after i left to see if there was one there.

Hmmm I went to my local gamestop and asked for a price check on the unit they had.(They didn't scan it, since it was on a high shelf) The guy said it was still 80 dollars.

Does the 30 only show up if you actually scan it? Or is it in the system? Or is the guy just a douche and planned on buying it himself? :\

Hmmm I went to my local gamestop and asked for a price check on the unit they had.(They didn't scan it, since it was on a high shelf) The guy said it was still 80 dollars.

Does the 30 only show up if you actually scan it? Or is it in the system? Or is the guy just a douche and planned on buying it himself? :\

[quote name='LOC_Fchaos']Hmmm I went to my local gamestop and asked for a price check on the unit they had.(They didn't scan it, since it was on a high shelf) The guy said it was still 80 dollars.

Does the 30 only show up if you actually scan it? Or is it in the system? Or is the guy just a douche and planned on buying it himself? :\[/quote]

Just go ahead to buy it, it will scan as 29.99 plus tax, The guy is just lazy.:lol:

The weird thing, is that he checked it on the computer, so I don't know if it will actually scan differently. I don't really want to make him take it off the shelf just to discover that it's still 80. Which, it shouldn't be. Hmmm...

(Sorry for the double post btw)

[quote name='LOC_Fchaos']The weird thing, is that he checked it on the computer, so I don't know if it will actually scan differently. I don't really want to make him take it off the shelf just to discover that it's still 80. Which, it shouldn't be. Hmmm...

(Sorry for the double post btw)[/quote]

I'm thinkin that you are lazy. You'd better get your arse over there and make him take that stick down with his bare feet!

Sheeeeeit.

So I got lucky and sent a friend to pick the stick up for me. I only want the stick since I already have Tekken:DR. So wheee.

I wasnt gonna buy it but i went out today and just so happened to pass by a gamestop and i saw the controller and went bought it cause i was planning on buying tekken 5 in the near future anyway. The cashier was like wtf it was actually pretty funny. Well now im down to $8 till my paycheck on wednesday lol

i was in my local store 2 days ago, i walk in and the guy behind the counter holds it up and yells "MINE" (i was the only one in the store, just me and two employees"

yeh thats what sucks about GS, the employees always get everything good

i nearly shit myself when i saw this post cause i was just at eb holding the box when it was still 69.99. so a quick phone call, told em to put it on hold cause im comming. picked it up and now happily rocking my brother in SFIII. thx op!

Crap i just saw two of these today...It was 29.99 but i didnt' know it came with a game...I thought it was just an arcade stick...I don't know if its worth the 1hr drive to get this...

I got a dirty looks from the manager when I got mine yesterday. It was like they thought I was cheating the store out of something. Also I was doing some trades and the clecrk who was taking care me goes "As a bonus for trading today you get a free pre-order". I say no thanks, and he gets this look in his eyes like he wants to jump over the counter and stab me.

[quote name='rcaido']Crap i just saw two of these today...It was 29.99 but i didnt' know it came with a game...I thought it was just an arcade stick...I don't know if its worth the 1hr drive to get this...[/quote]

It's the best arcade stick in america with a copy of Tekken 5 and the collector's edition dvd game case. It's up to you.

[quote name='rcaido']Crap i just saw two of these today...It was 29.99 but i didnt' know it came with a game...I thought it was just an arcade stick...I don't know if its worth the 1hr drive to get this...[/quote]

This package will change your life for the better. You will lead a happy life until you die. Is that worth it to you?

so is this stick really good, even if you decided to leave it unmodded?

I was thinking about picking this up the other day. I already have a custom arcade stick I got back in July. But I want to get another joystick so my friends can play.

[quote name='asianxcore']so is this stick really good, even if you decided to leave it unmodded?

I was thinking about picking this up the other day. I already have a custom arcade stick I got back in July. But I want to get another joystick so my friends can play.[/quote]
I've left mine unmodded, and it works amazingly (Is that a word?:p).

i had 1 of these sticks and got really lucky in buying my second one today. It was brand new and everything. These are awesome sticks and really the shell alone is worth 30. There is another one an hour away from me and I am debating if I should drive to get it just so I can modd it with different parts.

[quote name='eau']This stick will probably not work with a PS3, will it?[/quote]

Why would you say that? PS3 is backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 controllers just like the PS2 lets you use PS1 arcade sticks. I've got a metal PS1 arcade stick I use on my PS2 to play Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

Strider Turbulance: Sorry I didn't mean to be offensive in the post. I just wanted to make a comment on how the competitive community has it's take on this joystick.

Also as with all joysticks, controllers etc. It's all about preference, not everyone will like something. But in general this stick and many other Hori sticks have been regarded as very good. Hori has a fine track record with arcade sticks and it shows.(IE take into account the Hori Real Arcade Pro and the insane prices they fetch on ebay).

I've been looking for a used Tekken 5 for a while now, picked a bundle up today, another GS I went by also had one, I may go back and get it. Thanks, OP!

Picked one up yesterday. Brought in my unopened copy of Tekken 5 that I got from the $10 TRU sale a while back and traded that in for $7, so I only ended up paying $23 + tax for it.

Didn't have any problem finding a bundle to buy either. Just went to the EB where I saw same 2 sets sitting on the shelves since the day these came out. I even peeled off the $29.99 sticker and the original $99.99 one was still there. The guy ringing me up laughed and said this was the first Tekken bundle his store ever sold.

I'm so glad I waited to buy this. I came so close to buying it at full price several times. :)

Every game genre has elitists.

This stick will probably not work with a PS3, will it?

It's unknown at this point, but judging by the pictures and information released, probably not. PS3 will use bluetooth controllers (wireless) and has USB ports. It's possible adaptors will be used to allow older peripherals for use, but as it comes, probably not.

so is this stick really good, even if you decided to leave it unmodded?

I was told by another enthusiast on the board it's not as good as the Japanese one, but it's still better than anything made by most American console stick makers. However, it does have a square gate like most Japanese sticks, which many American players don't like.

Thanks MarkMan.

The only reason why I asked was because I was unhappy with the SFA stick I got from EB. Luckily I was able to get my store credit back for it. With that stick some said it was great unmodded, some thought it was crap out of the box. Which is the point you were making. That led me to getting a custom stick made.

I am in the market for a good stick I can use when my friends are over, but I really don't want to pay the price I did for my custom.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Picked up the last one at my EB Governers Square Tallahassee. Casheir muttered 'Holy Shit!' when he scanned it and it came up as $30 :whistle2:D.

THANK YOU![/quote]

Damn you! I went to that location today and the gamespot around the corner and they were all sold.
Guess I was too slow this time.

Can someone from canada confirm this, specifically Toronto? I asked for a price check and he said it was 84.99, but he never scanned it just looked on the computer.

I saw 2 of these at an EB today when I went to preorder a black DS Lite. I'm debating getting one...they're heavy as hell so getting one to trade it out of the question...it'd probably cost $30+ to ship one via Parcel Post. For my personal collection maybe...they were still marked at $70 so I doubt they're going anywhere.

I picked up two yesterday - one for me and one for sale. It would be cool if this controller would work with the PS3. It's too early to tell at this point.

[quote name='Rictor']I saw 2 of these at an EB today when I went to preorder a black DS Lite. I'm debating getting one...they're heavy as hell so getting one to trade it out of the question...it'd probably cost $30+ to ship one via Parcel Post. For my personal collection maybe...they were still marked at $70 so I doubt they're going anywhere.[/quote]

Don't be naive. CAG isn't the only site that knows about this sale.

[quote name='Rictor']I saw 2 of these at an EB today when I went to preorder a black DS Lite. I'm debating getting one...they're heavy as hell so getting one to trade it out of the question...it'd probably cost $30+ to ship one via Parcel Post. For my personal collection maybe...they were still marked at $70 so I doubt they're going anywhere.[/quote]
Once you hit a pound or two in shipping weight(and not media mail), thats when you switch to FedEx.

For example, 20lbs from PA to CA is $15 fedex, $27 parcel post, $38 priority. :cool:
On top of that, FedeX gives you $100 insurance by default.

[quote name='Rictor']Why would you say that? PS3 is backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 controllers just like the PS2 lets you use PS1 arcade sticks. I've got a metal PS1 arcade stick I use on my PS2 to play Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but PS2 uses the same connection as PS1 controllers while ps3 uses wireless. And I believe they have already gone on record saying that if you wanted to use ps1/ps2 memory cards that you would have to buy an adaptor and even if they do make a controller adaptor, they may only make it compatible with ps1/ps2 games since those controllers dont have the motion sensing or the guide button.

bread's done
Back