(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came back here to hear about disc problems/issues/resolutions.

I was about to leave after being slapped in the face by giant bags of dicks spewing tears of flipper sorrow and "LE lies".

and now I'm just sad:
[quote name='shadowkast']Perma banned[/QUOTE]

R.I.P.:
IamTheCheapestGamer
CaptainKirk
FireThief
9k=

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how accurate the numbers are on Gamestop's website but it now says there are 394 360 CEs. I wonder how many of the PS3 version are left...

[quote name='Kerig']I came back here to hear about disc problems/issues/resolutions.

I was about to leave after being slapped in the face by giant bags of dicks spewing tears of flipper sorrow and "LE lies".

and now I'm just sad:

R.I.P.:
IamTheCheapestGamer
CaptainKirk
FireThief
9k=
[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:# No.....

[quote name='kouleefoh']IATCG is among us. I have a few guesses but don't want to get anyone in trouble. haha[/QUOTE]

Nope. He is too busy flying choppers through buildings in GTA IV and when not doing that he is out flipping HDMI Cables and chasing kids of his grandparents lawn.

[quote name='PetersHere']Exactly. He acts as if Gamestop is the be-all and end-all game retailer, so the way they do things is obviously the right way. Gamestop is a fairly new company. There have been Game retailers for a long time, and they never did this, so how someone can suddenly deem it acceptable, "because it's Gamestop," is dumbfounding.
[/QUOTE]Fairly new? GS's been around for about 20 years, actually 30 if you count before the name change. That hardly qualifies as "fairly new"

really?? 20-30 years?? man i feel old. i hate gamestop, but i absolutely loved electronics boutique. software etc was cool too though mine was way too dark and full of neon lights.

I remember back in the day in the mall in south FL they were called Babbage's. I still have Nintendo plushies I bought there while they were under that name. They changed it to gamestop since.

[quote name='Havok83']Fairly new? GS's been around for about 20 years, actually 30 if you count before the name change. That hardly qualifies as "fairly new"[/QUOTE]

Oh no, you got me! I guess that one six word line [that I just threw in for the hell of it] discredits and nullifies my point entirely! :applause:

Seriously, why are you trying to start something?

Went to Gamestop last night... there were about 4 360 copies and 2 PS3 copies. I asked if they were preorders that no one picked up... he said no, we got about 5 or so of each of them in addition to the preorders.

So much for this being "limited." These will still be available to buy at Gamestops everywhere several months from now, probably marked down to $30 (if they don't all get gutted).

[quote name='Olympus']Went to Gamestop last night... there were about 4 360 copies and 2 PS3 copies. I asked if they were preorders that no one picked up... he said no, we got about 5 or so of each of them in addition to the preorders.

So much for this being "limited." These will still be available to buy at Gamestops everywhere several months from now, probably marked down to $30 (if they don't all get gutted).[/QUOTE]

It won't drop in price much based on the compendium. The regular compendium has never been cheaper then $35 since it's been out and retials for $59.99.

[quote name='PetersHere']Oh no, you got me! I guess that one six word line [that I just threw in for the hell of it] discredits and nullifies my point entirely! :applause:

Seriously, why are you trying to start something?[/QUOTE]
No need to get overly sensitive. Just clarifying that GS is not a new company by any means

Ebay has a few PS3 versions listed, not one single person is bidding on them. I love it!!!

I still ordered one of these sets. Shipped today. Glad I ordered regardless of the qty and rarity .

It really is getting harder to tell what is limited. Kingdom Hearts 3DS CE wasn't advertised as limited. Yet it was basically preorder only, with no re-print. Then other times, things will be advertised almost only on how limited they are. Then reprint a week later. It gets confusing and annoying.

[quote name='kouleefoh']IATCG is among us. I have a few guesses but don't want to get anyone in trouble. haha[/QUOTE]

hahah you KNOW he's here. He'll show his hand eventually though. People can't help themselves.

Any talk of HDMI cables to him is like mentioning pepsi products to other people. :lol:

[quote name='Olympus']Went to Gamestop last night... there were about 4 360 copies and 2 PS3 copies. I asked if they were preorders that no one picked up... he said no, we got about 5 or so of each of them in addition to the preorders.

So much for this being "limited." These will still be available to buy at Gamestops everywhere several months from now, probably marked down to $30 (if they don't all get gutted).[/QUOTE]

These no longer qualify as limited, in my book, however, they won't be available in a few months. They'll be gone in a week, if the numbers on the website are right. It has lost it's value as a collectible to me, though. They wouldn't drop to that price though, unless you're suggesting the compendium and game will both drop significantly in price, as well. They'd have to drop to bargain bin prices before this "step up" edition (which includes those two exact items, plus the so-called collectible art) dropped to that. Its price would depend on their prices. Why would they undercut those items, when it's the exact same thing, in a box? But, since this is Gamestop, they probably would be stripped from the box. Actually, that's what these assholes should have done to begin with.

Honestly though, I sold mine already, so I don't give a shit anymore. Now I can just laugh at the ones who bought multiple copies, and watch as they lose money on eBay...

I bought and played this game month by month since day one. I am so happy this game is getting all the GOTY nominations and awards that it is.

[quote name='ZiggyGod']I bought and played this game month by month since day one. I am so happy this game is getting all the GOTY nominations and awards that it is.[/QUOTE]

Well I picked up my PS3 CE preorder today.... it had been opened and resealed.

I know it's Saturday but I called my Gamestop on Tuesday to tell them I wouldn't be able to get it until Saturday and they assured me they would hold my preorder.

It had been opened and then resealed with those clear circle stickers. I'm not sure why---as when they went to get the preorder they went to the back room. It wasn't as if they opened it to put on display.

I'm guessing one of the employees was a Walking Dead fan and wanted to skim the contents. I picked it up anyways as it was already paid off in GS credit... but now I'm not sure what to do.

I haven't opened it to inspect the contents; are the individual game and compendium sealed?

I should probably go back to that gamestop before I open it to inspect---I'm just afraid the comic book has been thumbed through.

[quote name='confoosious']hahah you KNOW he's here. He'll show his hand eventually though. People can't help themselves.

Any talk of HDMI cables to him is like mentioning pepsi products to other people. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, well said

[quote name='GBAstar']I haven't opened it to inspect the contents; are the individual game and compendium sealed?[/QUOTE]

The game is sealed. The compendium is not sealed.

I'm pretty sure they opened it and thumbed through it with their grubby fingers.

[quote name='storino03']For those wondering, the CE comes sealed in plastic (the outer box). I ordered mine from the gamestop website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know the outer box is supposed to be sealed (mine wasn't). It had those stupid clear circle stickers attaching the sleeve to the physical box.

I'd like to know the condition of the compendium so I think I'll go back to that gamestop and open it in front of an employee. I'm afraid if I cut the gamestop seals (despite it already having been opened once) they won't let me return it if the compendium shows obvious wear.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I know the outer box is supposed to be sealed (mine wasn't). It had those stupid clear circle stickers attaching the sleeve to the physical box.

I'd like to know the condition of the compendium so I think I'll go back to that gamestop and open it in front of an employee. I'm afraid if I cut the gamestop seals (despite it already having been opened once) they won't let me return it if the compendium shows obvious wear.[/QUOTE]
Smart move

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I know the outer box is supposed to be sealed (mine wasn't). It had those stupid clear circle stickers attaching the sleeve to the physical box.

I'd like to know the condition of the compendium so I think I'll go back to that gamestop and open it in front of an employee. I'm afraid if I cut the gamestop seals (despite it already having been opened once) they won't let me return it if the compendium shows obvious wear.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty fucked up. I'd call corporate if I were you. It's not like you bought a new game and saw that it had already been opened before you paid. You pre-ordered something and they went and opened your order. If anything, you should get a percentage of what you paid back.

edit: And those clear stickers are going to tear up the box.

Well against my better judgement i will be picking up my Ps3 CE soon, and i have to say i am cautious because of the fact i have had 2 not so good experiences in the past 2 days.

First i went in to trade my copy of ass creed vita for their advertised price of $20 only to be told that i NEEDED to upgrade my membership to receive the price. I almost left but decided to speak to another employee and was informed that this was not the case. The second was more aggregious

I called ahead to procure a copy of Adventure Time Ce and was told they had it in stock. I sent a friend of mine to pick it up only to discover when she returned that the case was empty. As in there was not a damn thing in the box. Before sending here back (pimpin) i explained to here everything that was supposed to be in the box and told here to check the condition of everything before she left. When she came back she said the guys were chuckling (like they almost got away with something?) and after they gave her the map and monster guide she had to ask where the finn stylus was.

I just called again to make sure the CE was still factory sealed and was assured by "chris" that everything was good.
I share the feelings of many that GS as a company sucks ballz but my geekdom and pursuit of some items seems to always lead me back through their doors of lies and deception. Wish me luck people. LOL!

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Has anyone played there 360 disk copy of the game?

I'm asking because I heard alot of bad things about the 360 disk version[/QUOTE]

haha, I haven't yet, and I've only been checking this thread for someone to say a patch has come out.

and so much for the vanilla LE to be flying off the shelves. Best Buy I picked it up from on Tuesday still has the same exact amount of copies it did that day, practically looked untouched.

[quote name='token2k6']haha, I haven't yet, and I've only been checking this thread for someone to say a patch has come out.[/QUOTE]
I bought the 360 and plan on giving it to a family member for christmas, but I might exchange it for a PC copy since I'm hearing that it has alot bugs and in some case made the game unplayable for some.

can u post a pic of the poster it came with? havent been able to find a pic online. thx in advance

[quote name='token2k6']haha, I haven't yet, and I've only been checking this thread for someone to say a patch has come out.

and so much for the vanilla LE to be flying off the shelves. Best Buy I picked it up from on Tuesday still has the same exact amount of copies it did that day, practically looked untouched.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='token2k6']haha, I haven't yet, and I've only been checking this thread for someone to say a patch has come out.

and so much for the vanilla LE to be flying off the shelves. Best Buy I picked it up from on Tuesday still has the same exact amount of copies it did that day, practically looked untouched.[/QUOTE]

Strange mine has sold most of the LEs and now has regular ones on the shelf

Also found that the game has issues with the 4gb slim models so if you have that stay away?
]http://http://www.qj.net/xbox-360/n...=Feed:+qj/qjnet+(QJ.NET+-+Quick+Journal+Home)

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol they deserve that winning bid based on how much effort they put into the item description. heck after reading it even i wanted to bid haha[/QUOTE]

Oh shit son, better call Petershere in here, cause that ebay seller is advertising it as "pre order only!". Get the fraud patrol wagon out :D

[quote name='saiyajinsc']probably an international buyer paid that much.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and it was the same two bidders after 140... So its very unlikely to be duplicated.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Has anyone played there 360 disk copy of the game?

I'm asking because I heard alot of bad things about the 360 disk version[/QUOTE]

I bought a regular copy of the game to keep my CE sealed, but I can say this: I didn't install the game to the HD, and there were a few parts were it did lag some, but nothing during any "gameplay moments", so nothing that effected QTEs. A lot of the complaints I see are the usual fanfare type you get with people complaining about things that don't bother me though. The game is very playable to me, and if they patch it, even better for everyone else.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Oh shit son, better call Petershere in here, cause that ebay seller is advertising it as "pre order only!". Get the fraud patrol wagon out :D[/QUOTE]

Oh no, the inept troll is trying to start trouble again... :applause:

[quote name='shadowkast']Found a ps3 one in stock nearby, gonna swoop it up tomorrow. Will wait on word on a patch before I open though[/QUOTE]

Episode 2 had some minor glitches during cutscenes and some dialogue scenes, but nothing that affected the gameplay (played ep.1 download, so can't speak for that). I had no issues with episodes 3 or 4. If you have PS+ and have those free downloads for 1 & 2, I suggest playing those and then jumping to the disc version for episodes 3-5.

I'm loving this game. I want to jump right into the final chapter, but I don't want it to end. :lol:

there was a ps3 patch on release day. i havent had a single issue, and i installed the patch before i started playing.

[quote name='shadowkast']Found a ps3 one in stock nearby, gonna swoop it up tomorrow. Will wait on word on a patch before I open though[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kiun']you can't install the game[/QUOTE]

I meant a disc install, as in copying the whole thing to the hard drive, unless that's somehow not allowed just on that disc.

[quote name='PetersHere']Oh no, the inept troll is trying to start trouble again... :applause:[/QUOTE]

No reason to get upset bro, just ribbing you. But then again, you seem to be internet = srs business guy.

bread's done
Back