(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the PS3 issues were towards the end of episode 2. The other glitch I experienced was at the train on episode 3. Other than that I didn't experience any problems on chapters 1,4 and 5. It's far from being unplayable

Okay guys, I am sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I didn't see it mentioned, and this thread is 30 pages. I went a few pages in...so don't bite my head off completely if it's been asked...

Are these compendiums exactly the same, outside of the variant covers?

There are two minor problems I have with my regular compendiums, which I hope are addressed, but I doubt it.

#1 - No comic book covers - I'd have preferred them to have kept the front covers intact, or at least collected in the back of each compendium. At the very least, give me some damn page numbers! Cheese-us. So, does this add any of those?

#2 - No hardcover - This one looks like paperback, too. The only reason I don't mind the paperbacks for these is because they already weigh an imperial ton. I highly doubt these are available in hardcover, but a man can dream.

I don't even care about the game, not on a console. I bought the game already for PC, would probably just resell it to offset the cost here, IF I could find it somewhere.

I am still in utter shock at how much money I have made selling off part of my Walking Dead comic collection. The prices people are spending....well, I have never seen anything like it. The Walking Dead can just do no wrong right now. So I had to take a chance on this set. The Walking Dead Compendium One is massive and depending on how many copies were produced, it could be quite valuable if things keep going as they have been. I now have 5 copies and will buy a couple more if I can get them at MSRP. Something tells me getting them CGC graded is going to be a bit of a problem, lol.

Time to stuff them in a closet for a few years!

[quote name='pwnthee']
#1 - No comic book covers - I'd have preferred them to have kept the front covers intact, or at least collected in the back of each compendium. At the very least, give me some damn page numbers! Cheese-us. So, does this add any of those?

#2 - No hardcover - This one looks like paperback, too. The only reason I don't mind the paperbacks for these is because they already weigh an imperial ton. I highly doubt these are available in hardcover, but a man can dream.

I don't even care about the game, not on a console. I bought the game already for PC, would probably just resell it to offset the cost here, IF I could find it somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Adding the covers would have just added to the already massive size of the book. In fact, I think they should have split the book in two, part 1 and part 2. If they had done that, then I agree it would have been nice to have a cover gallery at the back of each book. Splitting the book in two would have also been better for the long term condition of the book. Books this big usually start to have problems with the spine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FNL 4EVA']why nonstop bumping the item is so long gone. Sorry but wow haha move it to other section?[/QUOTE]

MANY of my local stores still show stock... Not sure where you live...

[quote name='pwnthee']Okay guys, I am sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I didn't see it mentioned, and this thread is 30 pages. I went a few pages in...so don't bite my head off completely if it's been asked...

There are two minor problems I have with my regular compendiums, which I hope are addressed, but I doubt it.

I don't even care about the game, not on a console. I bought the game already for PC, would probably just resell it to offset the cost here, IF I could find it somewhere.[/QUOTE]

1) Ugh really? Considering every 3-5 issues is a mini series, that's annoying. I read these digitally and can't imagine just being page after page.

2) Hardcover versions of Compendium 1 exist that we're issued this year.
Gold Foil HC Ver - 1000 made, 100 were released at Emerald Comic Con and the other 900 at San Diego Comic Con for $100 each.

Red Foil HC Ver - 1500 made, all 1500 at New York Comic Con

I have 1 of each sealed still. Putting them in my luggage made was a bitch because they weighed a ton.

They also released Kirkman's other new comic (concept started but not written by him), Thief of Thieves Volume 1 Gold HC. I think 1000 made, also New York Comic Con and was $30.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I am still in utter shock at how much money I have made selling off part of my Walking Dead comic collection. The prices people are spending....well, I have never seen anything like it. The Walking Dead can just do no wrong right now. So I had to take a chance on this set. The Walking Dead Compendium One is massive and depending on how many copies were produced, it could be quite valuable if things keep going as they have been. I now have 5 copies and will buy a couple more if I can get them at MSRP. Something tells me getting them CGC graded is going to be a bit of a problem, lol.

Time to stuff them in a closet for a few years!

I disagree. Adding the covers would have just added to the already massive size of the book. In fact, I think they should have split the book in two, part 1 and part 2. If they had done that, then I agree it would have been nice to have a cover gallery at the back of each book. Splitting the book in two would have also been better for the long term condition of the book. Books this big usually start to have problems with the spine.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I would much rather have the current compendiums spread out across three books each, 16 chapters each.

However, I know it would've worked to have included the covers because it's worked with other collections this big. For example, The Dark Tower. I actually like that set better across the board anyhow [hardcover, color, better story imo, a whole book full of extras, and a sturdy slipcover]. Not disagreeing with you though really. My arms get tired holding these massive omnibus beasts up. They're not very travel-friendly. Spreading them across more books.

I was actually mistaken in thinking that this had both compendiums in it. This is still a decent deal at retail for a variant cover version, but yeah, I'm definitely passing. I prefer the covers of the regular compendiums anyhow, and I like that they match. My only qualm with the compendium 1 cover is that it contains a significant spoiler.

[quote name='pwnthee']Oh yeah I would much rather have the current compendiums spread out across three books each, 16 chapters each.

However, I know it would've worked to have included the covers because it's worked with other collections this big. For example, The Dark Tower. I actually like that set better across the board anyhow [hardcover, color, better story imo, a whole book full of extras, and a sturdy slipcover]. Not disagreeing with you though really. My arms get tired holding these massive omnibus beasts up. They're not very travel-friendly. Spreading them across more books.

I was actually mistaken in thinking that this had both compendiums in it. This is still a decent deal at retail for a variant cover version, but yeah, I'm definitely passing. I prefer the covers of the regular compendiums anyhow, and I like that they match. My only qualm with the compendium 1 cover is that it contains a significant spoiler.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like the cover on the original better to. The problem with the original, at least when compared to the variant, is its an open edition book. It will never be worth anything as they will print it to death and probably already have. The variant cover is a limited edition so from a collectors stand point...well, you cant even compare one to the other regardless of what cover might be nicer.

[quote name='pwnthee']Okay guys, I am sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I didn't see it mentioned, and this thread is 30 pages. I went a few pages in...so don't bite my head off completely if it's been asked...

You were aware that these exist, correct?
http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-D...tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1356215750&sr=8-1

Individual comic covers? Check.
Hardcover? Check check.
Smaller & much more "wieldy"? Super check.

These are my personal favorite way to collect all of TWD comics--although I'm a couple books behind at this point, I need to do something about that soon.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']MANY of my local stores still show stock... Not sure where you live...[/QUOTE]

No 360 or PS3 versions in STL. Many stores also sold out of the standard version.

bread's done
Back