(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='litepink']dangit, meant to say "won't be half price". So I agree with you[/QUOTE]

No biggie. :)

[quote name='JohnWayne']I don't know much about the walking dead comic books or comic books in general but any chance this collectors edition could be worth a lot in the future (not the game but the comic books)[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I see very little chance in this being big money down the road because in the end its still a reprint...

Short term, The Walking Dead is incredibly hot right now, and really that's sort of an understatement, so something with a rare cover (That truly is limited) could indeed go up in value... I just don't see it holding its value. (And considering you can get the normal cover for about 35 dollars right now you might be lucky to get that MSRP cover price.)

Isn't there a Walking Dead season pass on PSN a while back? I forgot how much was it, was it $14.99 for all of the episodes (game, not TV episodes)?

[quote name='TooPoor']I hate it when GameStop has these exclusives that I want. I don't resent them that much like some of you guys, but I don't have credit there, unlike amazon and BBY...[/QUOTE]

dude, use your credit on the compendium at amazon. it's cheaper there and has been around for well over a year now.

Funny watermark, lol.

These are supposed to be "extremely limited". I'm considering pre-ordering 2 copies. Anyone think this is going to be valuable post release?

[quote name='serpentor']isn't there a walking dead season pass on psn a while back? I forgot how much was it, was it $14.99 for all of the episodes (game, not tv episodes)?[/quote]

$20

[quote name='Davivascaino']just a heads up. This game has no inverted Y axis options. I bought this POS and can't get used with this stupid scheme.
So if you can't play games like you used to play 20 years ago, do not buy it.
I just wasted 20 bucks on psn, since I can't get used to play this[/QUOTE]

I can't help myself, I need to say it:
WHUT. IN THE HELL. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.
Okay, that's all I have to add, and I'll be here waiting patiently for your answer.

And (I guess I wasn't quite done) to anyone thinking about flipping these for their "collector's value" later on, consider the size and weight of this sucker; this is going to cost an absolute fortune to ship.

Sanges99, Davivascaino is pointing that there's no option for you to change the up is down, down is up control option. You know, like the flight simulators, where you pull down to go up and push up to go down... For me, I can't stand inverted controls, UP is UP, DOWN is DOWN...

I probably get the disc version when there's a deal... Like the other games, disc version will have separate trophies :)

[quote name='Davivascaino']just a heads up. This game has no inverted Y axis options. I bought this POS and can't get used with this stupid scheme.
So if you can't play games like you used to play 20 years ago, do not buy it.
I just wasted 20 bucks on psn, since I can't get used to play this[/QUOTE]

I use to be the same way. For first person view games, I used normal x & y axis controls. For 3rd person view games I used both inverted x & y axis controls. I just ran into too many 3rd person view games that only offered the option to invert the Y axis, but not the x and it totally screwed me up when I tried to play the game... I ended up just forcing myself to play all games with the normal x & y axis controls.

[quote name='Serpentor']Isn't there a Walking Dead season pass on PSN a while back? I forgot how much was it, was it $14.99 for all of the episodes (game, not TV episodes)?[/QUOTE]

$19.99 is the MSRP of the season pass on PS3, $24.99 on PC.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sanges99, Davivascaino is pointing that there's no option for you to change the up is down, down is up control option. You know, like the flight simulators, where you pull down to go up and push up to go down... For me, I can't stand inverted controls, UP is UP, DOWN is DOWN...

I probably get the disc version when there's a deal... Like the other games, disc version will have separate trophies :)[/QUOTE]

Are you sure there's seperate trophies? The download already has a Platinum. I think they learned their lesson after BttF.

[quote name='Vinny']Did you seriously watermark a stock pic with your own info...?[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I did. :booty:

In jest, I added a watermark like many gaming websites would do. Click on the IGN link in the OP, they did just that. It was a parody, a joke, as I alluded to in an earlier reply.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']OP, are you the same litepink who's an administrator at TrueAchievements?[/QUOTE]

Just a staff member but yes, that's me :)

[quote name='Sanges99']I can't help myself, I need to say it:
WHUT. IN THE HELL. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.
Okay, that's all I have to add, and I'll be here waiting patiently for your answer.

And (I guess I wasn't quite done) to anyone thinking about flipping these for their "collector's value" later on, consider the size and weight of this sucker; this is going to cost an absolute fortune to ship.[/QUOTE]

You never played Mario or Mega man with inverted camera controls?!? ......geez

[quote name='litepink']
In jest, I added a watermark like many gaming websites would do. Click on the IGN link in the OP, they did just that. It was a parody, a joke, as I alluded to in an earlier reply.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize other gaming websites actually put their own watermarks. I avoid giving IGN clicks but I guess it's ok if they put a watermark if they're the first hand source.

While this is the least "CE" CE I've ever seen, I like it. The price is the same (going through Gamestop, I realize the compendium is $4 cheaper at Amazon) if you get the game and compendium separately or bundled together. Gamers can't complain that they're not getting the complete experience since there isn't any exclusive DLC. Gamers don't have to buy the CE if they're not interested in the compendium. I think the exclusive cover also entices the more hardcore comic fans. Just browsing the completed auctions of the #100 cover variants on eBay, some of the covers fetched more than others. It really depends on how many are produced.

Two bigger pictures of the one in the OP:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182y18moex2t6jpg/original.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182y18mohxl9bjpg/original.jpg

il probably just buy the book and the game separately down the line...there's nothing really exclusive that makes me want to get it at full price.

Wow, talk about dropping the ball with this one, that's pretty weak for a "Collector's Edition". Oh well, better this way so I'm not tempted to spend money I probably shouldn't be spending right now but still a bummer for the missed opportunity to actually do something really good.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Walking Dead CE is up on Gamestop now. They say it's "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY"

PS3
360[/QUOTE]

Value shipping is $3.49. Is there any free shipping codes floating around?

[quote name='Sway']Value shipping is $3.49. Is there any free shipping codes floating around?[/QUOTE]

SAVER works, but when you go to checkout it says the item in the cart doesn't qualify.

I wish they would fix the store credit tax charge on online orders. I don't get charged tax in-store when I use store credit.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Noticed this on TWD's facebook page, thought it was interesting. Sorry if its already been talked about.

The Walking Dead: The Game

Have you heard the news? With a current target release date of Dec 4th in North America, The Walking Dead: The Game from Telltale Games is coming to retailers with all five game episodes from season one for $29.99 (MSRP) on disc.

A second season in our future sometime?...[/QUOTE]

Statement made in July:

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

[quote name='louiedog']Statement made in July:

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."[/QUOTE]
Guess I'm late to the party

[quote name='Brother Daz']Guess I'm late to the party[/QUOTE]

I think that's the extent of information about it. That's the last word that I heard and it's not an official announcement. Of course I can't imagine they wouldn't after all of the success it's had.

[quote name='Serpentor']Like the other games, disc version will have separate trophies :)[/QUOTE]

Can you, or someone, else confirm that? That's the deal breaker for me being I already played through this great game.

Its nice to know that I can come over here and at least find some like-minded comments about stuff like this. So sick of going to other sites and seeing "OMG WHAT AN AMAZING DEAL" BS.

Bunch of damn lemmings...

I've got a ton of credit and I need the compendium(borrowed the first three hardcover collections from a friend and bought the next three), so even though I have this for Steam, I'd love to have it for my xbox as well.

I'm really glad the show and hype is getting people interested, my only real gripe is why now, you people are late to the party! If you had a PS3 should have got the season pass when it was 19.99. Was great deal and have been using the free dynamic theme ever since.

I have the Hardcover editions of the comic series and own both compendiums. I loan out the compendiums to friends who want to read it but if you are looking to "own" the comic series the hardcover books are worth dropping the cash on. They are bigger pages, better quality paper and the right size and weight for reading. The compendiums are really bulky and only comfortable reading laying on a table.

That being said if you get the game digital for $25 and the compendium for the $36 its going for on Amazon you are only saving $10 from the CE. The new cover art, retail copy and exclusive artwork is worth it for the extra $10 imho. If you waited this long to play and read the comics then a couple more months won't hurt. If you are serious about the comics though I would suggest skipping it, jumping on the digital version and start collecting the Hardcover books of the series.

[quote name='ponn01']I'm really glad the show and hype is getting people interested, my only real gripe is why now, you people are late to the party! If you had a PS3 should have got the season pass when it was 19.99. Was great deal and have been using the free dynamic theme ever since. [/QUOTE]

Backlog or not enough time to get to it really. I am a PS+ member and got Episodes 1-2 free, but never got around to playing them. Once I heard about a physical release, I just deleted the downloaded episodes so I can play through all the episodes at once instead. Plus I rather own it on disc than digitally.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='barrit']Backlog or not enough time to get to it really. I am a PS+ member and got Episodes 1-3 free, but never got around to playing them. Once I heard about a physical release, I just deleted the downloaded episodes so I can play through all the episodes at once instead. Plus I rather own it on disc than digitally.[/QUOTE]

But Walking Dead transcends backlogs.

[quote name='barrit']Backlog or not enough time to get to it really. I am a PS+ member and got Episodes 1-3 free, but never got around to playing them. Once I heard about a physical release, I just deleted the downloaded episodes so I can play through all the episodes at once instead. Plus I rather own it on disc than digitally.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I also prefer a physical disc, and I didn't want to get hosed like I did with the BttF disc version so I waited it out.

And ya, it's $25 for pre-order.

ummm episodes 1 and 2 only dude.

[quote name='Fire2box']ummm episodes 1 and 2 only dude.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, thx for the correction. I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

I'll probably pass on the Limited Edition, but I'm definitely picking up the regular version. Been hoping for a disc release of this since I no longer buy downloadable games/content.

[quote name='KneeKnee']
I'm all over this if they make stackable trophy lists. I would like an excuse to play the game and see the different outcomes.[/QUOTE]

If by stackable you mean you can re-earn the same trophies a second time, that probably won't happen. At least it didn't with Journey/Flower/fl0w or the Back to the Future compilation.

I wish it included compendium two instead of one. Its now on the third season of the TV series. Everyone who was interested in the game or comics has already played them digitally or read the comics.
Its a good CE for someone brand new to walking dead wanting to get into it. For me ill wait for a price drop on teh vanilla version which won't take long either.

dropped 30 bucks on a Collector's Edition this morning. I'm 50/50 about purchasing it, but might as well get my copy reserved in case it really is "limited."

I'd just like to say: To all the haters who bad-mouthed a HUGE zombie fan for waiting to save money for a retail disc of The Walking Dead episode collection and actually save money (because this is Cheap Ass Gamer after all, not dumb-ass gamer for buying every episode digitally): I told ya so! :)

Looks like I'll be picking up this! Completing the game, and reselling it afterward! Have fun with the digital copies!

Yep, the Back to the Future disc got to 10 dollars pretty fast. Also went on sale for 10 on PSN. Learned my lesson from that.

After trying the game on PSPlus, loved it, but stopped at Chapter 1 so I can buy the physical game cheap sometime soon.

bread's done
Back