TenneCAGs

theq87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I think it'd be pretty rad if someone with better image-generatin' skillz than me made a graphic of this. Y'know, to help us rep TN...

And a pun. Anyway, yeah, I'd be sure to include it in my sig.

Good day.

edit: If this wasn't supposed to be in this forum, my bad.

I think we'd have to worry about people of fatwallet more. When I went to the $5 CC sale, there were tons of people with print outs from fatwallet hoarding games. I mean people with 25+ games in a cart... bastards.

I hit the CC in Antioch the day after the CC sale leaked, I was able to get decent stuff. Ran into Guessed there, actually. I've only ran into one FW guy, and that was at the 90% sale off at TRU. I had gotten what I wanted earlier in the day (Fatal Frame on XB for $4, yay! also found a third party PS1 screen for $5) and there was this guy looking through stuff.. I asked if he's looking for anything specific because I had a few games in my hand, and he said no thanks.. I asked where he heard about this sale, he said FW, and that's what he does for a living, drives around, hoardes, sells the shit on ebay.. said he had already hit Antioch and Franklin.. needless to say, I said nothing and walked away.

Hopefully there won't be many FW people out there, there's only like.. four games I want.

Are all the games on that list really 9.98? If so, if someone see's: Killer 7 (ps2), Budokai 3 (ps2), Super Monkey Ball Combo (GC), Doom 3, Conker, or Darkstalkers. Give me a call (edited out PM me if you see 'em!).

I think the only thing i'm gunning for is Area 51.. the others I want are FF 1&2 DOS, RE4, Unreal Championship 2, Wrestlemania 21, Conker and Pariah. But all of those take a back seat to Area 51, i've been wanting that game since April, it's awesome.

There's quite a few I'm wanting at the TRU sale, but I refuse to buy in advance and then price match, so there probably won't be much left. But, ah well, I did just get DW8 for $30 from gamecrazy, so i'll live if I strike out at TRU. And yes, there is a special place in hell for the members of fatwallet, or even (much) worse, someone that uses this site for that.

I work in Cool Springs, so I'll be checking out the TRU there in the morning - probably not until around 10am or so, though. I'm hoping to pick up Klonoa 2 for GBA, DDR Extreme, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (the big one for me), and RE4 for Gamecube (the next big one). Maybe Killzone (hey, $10 is probably worth it). So, if you find any extras...

[quote name='swick']I work in Cool Springs, so I'll be checking out the TRU there in the morning - probably not until around 10am or so, though. I'm hoping to pick up Klonoa 2 for GBA, DDR Extreme, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (the big one for me), and RE4 for Gamecube (the next big one). Maybe Killzone (hey, $10 is probably worth it). So, if you find any extras...[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was through there the other day. I think you guys only have one RE4. You guys have a ton of Area 51.. I might head out and grab one.

The Murfreesboro, TN store (TRU) still had plenty of Psychonauts (PS2), Final Fantasy 1&2 DOS, and Golden Sun: TLA. There was also a ton of Doom 3 and a few Conkers left. No DDS, No Tekken 5, No Pikmin 2, No RE4, No Pirates, No Zelda: 4S.

Yeah about the whole "i'm not going to this clearance" I lied :p. I got pariah, FFT advance, FF 1/2, Metal Slug Advance, Silent Hill 4, Pyschonauts, Conker and Metal Slug 4/5

Another Nashville CAG checking in.

karmapolice - just came from the Bellevue TRU and they had a dozen copies of Doom3.

Everything on the TRU list seems to ring up 9.98 at all Nashville stores. I even got a couple of the Jedi Hunter controllers for free. Great deal - buy a $9.98 game and get a free controller.

The FW people bug me too. The local CC clerks hate them too. They know they are reselling everything on eBay and not giving others a chance to pick up a deal.

the Murfreeesboro TRU is pretty much sucked dry. They have some GBA games left(FF 1/2, FZero, etc etc). I left a Darkstalkers there. They had a TON of Golden Suns

[quote name='Odenat']the Murfreeesboro TRU is pretty much sucked dry. They have some GBA games left(FF 1/2, FZero, etc etc). I left a Darkstalkers there. They had a TON of Golden Suns[/QUOTE]

They also have a ton of Doom 3's. There's 3 Wrestlemania 21's left in the case, and there's a lot of GunGriffon.

/edit: and DBZ Sagas for XBox

Kingston here.

I have so many places I could shop within a 25 mile radius its silly. I could hit Knoxville, Lenior City, Oak Ridge, Rockwood and Im sure there are more, but I just moved to the area earlier this month and Im still learning my way around. Oh, and the in-laws live in the Nooga, so I am usually down there every other weekend. So there are countless more places to shope. Yes, I love McKay's also, I have dumped a lot of money in there myself. Any other CAGs in this area that know if anyone has any 360's in? Of course, my hubby didnt want one until I missed my change to buy one. I was at the local walmart and they had some in, at the time he didnt want one. Now that I cant find one, go figure, he wants one.

Made it to the Cool Springs TRU around 10 this morning, and discovered that absolutely nothing was marked. The prices were still good, though! Managed to get Romance X, RE4, and Killzone. Even better, I used a giftcard that I've had for forever on the deal, so no cash out of pocket for me. Still looking for DDR Extreme and Klonoa 2 GBA, though.

Off-topic, does anyone know of any computer tech job openings in the 'boro? Rent's cheap over there, so I was thinking of moving.

I'm gonna give local Nashville/Murfreesboro area people first dibs on some of the stuff I picked up at TRU. I have DDS, Metal Slug 4/5, Pikmin 2, Romance X. The Antioch TRU still has some Metal Slug 4/5, Romance X and 3-5 Advance Wars II

[quote name='Odenat']I'm gonna give local Nashville/Murfreesboro area people first dibs on some of the stuff I picked up at TRU. I have DDS, Metal Slug 4/5, Pikmin 2, Romance X. The Antioch TRU still has some Metal Slug 4/5, Romance X and 3-5 Advance Wars II[/QUOTE]

I'll have to head down there tomorrow and see if I can pick up a MS 4/5. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone here have any info on the Chattanooga TRUs? I'm visiting some friends today might hit them up if anyone has some info on them

[quote name='matowest']Not much to report at the Knoxville store near W. Town mall. Plenty of Killzone and Bloodrayne 2 though.[/QUOTE]

Most of the good stuff got picked up before Christmas...I should know, that's where I work. :)

[quote name='karmapolice']Anyone know if bellevue or cool springs still has killzone or conker?[/QUOTE]

Hell I think the Murfreesboro store had a bunch of Killzones (a couple that weren't GH if that matters to you) I got the last conker at Murfreesbore didn't see it at the antioch TRU

I was just checking to see if anyone has hit the Media Play there in Chattanooga. How is the selection? Anything good left? Im gonna be visiting the inlaws this weekend and I was wondering if I should stop on by while I am there.

Anyone?

Thanks, Kim

hi there,

I live in Shattanooga, here's what I know:

The Toys R Us at Hamilton Place doesn't have anything worth a crap.

The TRU at Northgate Mall has a few things left worth a look (psychonauts, pop:warrior within) but that was this weekend, I'm going there today as well.

Mediaplay had a few goodies that I spotted, all PS2 mostly: Killer 7, Darkwatch (1 copy left Friday), Destroy All Humans (XBOX as well), and a couple other giver or take titles.

I just got a copy of Rez from Rhinos. May be a good time to see if you can trade 2 for 1 and get it. They also had Gitaroo Man. Nice games to pick up even if they are reprinted

I live in Savannah, Tennessee and besides a shitty Gamestop and Wal-Mart theres nothing to find unless you travel a few hours. Not like I do much game shopping anymore, but....eh.

Hastings had PD:Z LE used for $34.99.. why? I dunno, a used copy of the normal version was $39.99.. told Guessed about it, he picked it up.. nothing else good to report..

Anyone know of any copies of phoenix wright in the area? One of the few DS games out that I want and I just found out today that capcom cut production THREE MONTHS AFTER RELEASE! Bastards. But anyway, if anyone knows where one is (that isn't $50), the info would be much appreciated.

[quote name='mietha']Anyone know of any copies of phoenix wright in the area? One of the few DS games out that I want and I just found out today that capcom cut production THREE MONTHS AFTER RELEASE! Bastards. But anyway, if anyone knows where one is (that isn't $50), the info would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Scorch PMed telling me that gamecrazy had a few copies. I'm not really intrested in the game maybe one day I will.

[quote name='mietha']Anyone know of any copies of phoenix wright in the area? One of the few DS games out that I want and I just found out today that capcom cut production THREE MONTHS AFTER RELEASE! Bastards. But anyway, if anyone knows where one is (that isn't $50), the info would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

PM'ed

Is the TRU in NorthGate closing? I figured if Chattanooga had any closing, that would be the one. Its old, small, and not ever busy. Anyone have any word?

Does anyone here have Culdcept? I've never played against a real oppenent only AI would be intresting to see if we could get a tourney going if theres enough avid players local

Anyone here (in the Nashville area) know if the Media Play at 100 Oaks is closing/closed? I got some credit there I need to use before they close.

[quote name='specialk']Anyone here (in the Nashville area) know if the Media Play at 100 Oaks is closing/closed? I got some credit there I need to use before they close.[/QUOTE]

Every Media Play in the nation is closing.

[quote name='specialk']well piss, gotta make a run to n'ville. any idea when it's closing?[/QUOTE]

I think it varies from location to location. Check the thread in the video game deals forum

Good luck finding anything to buy. I was at the 100 Oaks Media Play over XMas and it was pretty picked over and looked nearly ready to close. It's a shame too. I used to spend a lot of money there before going to the Regal Hollywood 27 to see movies.

[quote name='specialk']well that sucks, b/c if they're still open i'm gonna have to find something to buy or i'm stuck with credit.[/QUOTE]

You could try Hickory Hollow or Rivergate. Between the 3 there might be something worth getting. I didn't get much of anything because even with the sale most of the prices on what was available ranged from moderately good deal to still too expensive, but if you have credit to burn instead of spending cash, then it'd be worth it. Out of curiousity, roughly how much credit are we talking about? Enough to bid on master chief? (would they even take credit for that?)

30 to 40 bucks, irc.

I got it when i unloaded some of my old ps1 games there when they had the killer trade-ins.

If I got a game or some DVDs I'd be happy, just something.

Also, is the one at Hickory Hollow near Hickory Hollow mall? It'd be nice to swing by the mall if I make it up that way (that store Sports Seasons always has some good stuff)

[quote name='specialk']Also, is the one at Hickory Hollow near Hickory Hollow mall? It'd be nice to swing by the mall if I make it up that way (that store Sports Seasons always has some good stuff)[/QUOTE]
It is. I don't know where you're coming from, but if you head towards the mall from I-24, it's past it and on the right after half a mile or so. After the Kroger's, I guess. They've actually still got a few decent things, though their stock is diminishing pretty rapidly.

I come from 65 south, and then turn off at the exit and the mall's a few miles from there on the left (right after an underpass)..I just may check it out...is it in the same shopping area as the mall or just on the same road?

did they have many games left? also what's the sale on the games? if i can't use it on games i'll go dvds..

you could hit up the TRU down there, too. It's one of the ones that is closing and apparently has some good deals on game accessories.

[quote name='specialk']I come from 65 south, and then turn off at the exit and the mall's a few miles from there on the left (right after an underpass)..I just may check it out...is it in the same shopping area as the mall or just on the same road?

did they have many games left? also what's the sale on the games? if i can't use it on games i'll go dvds..[/QUOTE]
Like I said, it's past the mall about half a mile and on the right. A few games left, not many - they're getting pretty bare this late in the game. Everything's around 50% right now, though.

Hey all you Nashvillians wanted to give ya'll a heads up for any who want Guitar Hero and can't find it. The Best Buy here in Clarksville has 10 copies left. This is confirmed as of Jan. 17 @ 2 p.m. and it will be one less tomorrow afternoon... :rofl:

Just moved back into town from Carbondale, IL after graduating college. I've been consoleless since the Dreamcast and the plan was to save up for a next-gen system after getting a job(still looking, by the by) but my mom dropped a PS2 in my lap. Not lookin' a gift horse in the mouth, so I'm keepin' it and trying to get in on all the games I missed. Any shout outs from other Chattavegas members would be appreciated.

For anyone in clarksville that might care in the slightest, K-Mart on Wilma Rudolph and the Big K out in Sango still have a few e-reader card sets floating around their electronics department. The Wilma Rudolph store has them all on clearance. Mario Party e-Reader is at 2.99 .

I was wondering how the Hickory Hollow TRU close-out is going. Do they still have any DS games? More specifically, any good DS games?

Hickory Hollow is the one in Antioch right? If so, yes, they have plenty of games. The DS games are only marked at 10 percent off, so they really aren't flying off the shelves. They are also charging 20 a foot for Gondola displays and 70-85 dollars for sliding glass doors (which require you to have a gondola).

All in all it was a disappointing experience. The store has sold plenty of items though, as all the outside shelves have been emptied and pushed more towards the center. I picked up GUN for 20 percent off (paid 26).

GBA games are the same way. Just a small percentage off at the time. I wound up just getting GUN, a Nintendo Themed Uno card game, wrapping papaer, batteries, and a Poker set.

I'll go back in about 2 weeks to pick through the lefovers at a more discounted rate. I was there this last Saturday (yesterday).

bread's done
Back