The 2008 MLB Season Thread (Update: Phillies Won)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it, I fuckING QUIT. ZITO ALREADY GIVES UP A DINGER TO fuckIN JEFF KENT.

GO fuck YOURSELF SABES AND ZITO AND MCGOWAN

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Not even through an inning and you've given up on the season?[/quote]

No, I love my Giants, i'll watch every game.

But, i've quit on Zito.

Down 4-0. He throws this dumb fuckin' curve/change-up and it never works.

I'm tired of playing vets, like Roberts,Aurilla,Durham.

I'd trade Zito for Brett Tomko..

OK, I can see the issue over Zito. Only pitcher I know who's fastball can't equal is uniform number.

Hudson looked outstanding last night, after the early inning jitters.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']OK, I can see the issue over Zito. Only pitcher I know who's fastball can't equal is uniform number.

Hudson looked outstanding last night, after the early inning jitters.[/quote]

How dare you! Barry Zito's fastball has consistently hit 82 so far!

Barry Zito is that guy you pick at a YMCA pick up game, you pick him because you know he had that one good game where his 3's were droppin'. And you keep picking him and he dissapoints you every game, but you think "Hey, he gets in a rhythm he'll be back!".

Damn Cubs bullpen! Fukudome was the hero while the bullpen was the goat. I hope Big Z is ok. I saw they pulled him early because of a forearm problem.

Now Fukudome has played a game so lets get that MLB 08 The Show roster update out!!!

[quote name='klwillis45']Not a good debut.[/quote]

It wasn't terrible. 7 balls, but some of those were really close, the Ump just wasn't giving them to us. I thought Woods looked worse.

A little late on the Predictions but here are mine:

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Dodgers
WC: Phillies

AL East: Boston
AL Central: Detroit
AL West: Angels
WC: Yankees

AL Champ: Boston

NL Champ: Mets

The Mets played well yesterday but some of the analyst talking about Santana having a great performance were take things a little too far. I mean they did play the Marlins, who could be the worst team in baseball. Santana should be dominant against them. I think tonight is a more interesting game to watch because again, Pedro should be dominant but I have a lot less confidence in him then Santana.

I'd think it'd be awesome, if some team just purchased the Marlins and put them as their Triple A team. Shit, i'd trade straight up, my Giants for the Marlins.

Cameron Maybin + Dan Uggla + Hanley Ramirez= $$$$A

al east: redsox
central: indians
west: mariners
wc: tigers

nl east: braves
central: cubs
west: Diamonbacks
WC: Phillies

Got to love MLB Season pass free preview, now if the Sox would play when I am not going to bed or at work, it'd be great. Will only catch a few innings tonight.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'd think it'd be awesome, if some team just purchased the Marlins and put them as their Triple A team. Shit, i'd trade straight up, my Giants for the Marlins.

Cameron Maybin + Dan Uggla + Hanley Ramirez= $$$$A[/quote]

The Marlins have the best talent to salary ratio in baseball. Their total payroll is $21.8 Million. I remember a couple years ago, Mike Hampton was the highest payed player on the Marlins, AND HE WAS PITCHING FOR THE BRAVES.

Going to give a shout out to one of my favorite baseball blogs

www.firejoemorgan.com

[quote name='paddlefoot']The Marlins have the best talent to salary ratio in baseball. Their total payroll is $21.8 Million. I remember a couple years ago, Mike Hampton was the highest payed player on the Marlins, AND HE WAS PITCHING FOR THE BRAVES.

Going to give a shout out to one of my favorite baseball blogs

www.firejoemorgan.com[/QUOTE]

And then when they actually have to pay that talent they let them go.

[quote name='DomLando']And then when they actually have to pay that talent they let them go.[/QUOTE]

No. This must be an April Fool's joke.

There's no way the former owner of the Montreal Expos would let talent slip away over something so trivial as money.

The Red Sox are down to 4th in payroll, behind the Yankees, Mets, and Tigers. They're spending $10 million less than last year.
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/04/sox_drop_to_4th.html
N.Y. Yankees -- $209,081,579
Detroit -- 138,685,197
New York Mets -- 138,293,378
Boston -- 133,440,037
Chicago White Sox -- 121,152,667
Los Angeles Angels -- 119,216,333
Chicago Cubs -- 118,595,833
Los Angeles Dodgers -- 118,536,038
Seattle -- 117,993,982
Atlanta -- 102,424,018
St. Louis -- 100,624,450
Toronto -- 98,641,957
Philadelphia -- 98,269,881
Houston -- 88,930,415
Milwaukee -- 81,004,167
Cleveland -- 78,970,067
San Francisco -- 76,904,500
Cincinnati -- 74,277,695
San Diego -- 73,677,617
Colorado -- 68,655,500
Texas -- 68,239,551
Baltimore -- 67,196,248
Arizona -- 66,202,713
Minnesota -- 62,182,767
Kansas City -- 58,245,500
Washington -- 54,961,000
Pittsburgh -- 49,365,283
Oakland -- 47,967,126
Tampa Bay -- 43,820,598
Florida -- 21,836,500

Of that 77 million, the Giants are spending, roughly i'd say Zito earns around 15 mill a year, which equates to "THAT fuckER IS 1/5 OUR TEAMS SALARY".

But, it somewhat proves you have to spend a shit load of cash in baseball to be competitive. The teams below 90$ million dollars (excluding Colorado,Arizona,Milwaukee,Cleveland) everyone else is trash.

[quote name='DomLando']Pedro hurt. What a surprise. Huge blow for the Mets.[/quote]

Yes!

fuck you Pedro! I hate you so much!

This is fuckin' ridiculous.

Matty Cain pitches six scoreless innings, and will get a no decision. The Giants are currently riding a streak of 15 scoreless innings.....

[quote name='CocheseUGA']0-162, M I Rite?[/quote]

THEY SCORED!!

THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!

[quote name='DomLando']Pedro hurt. What a surprise. Huge blow for the Mets.[/quote]

this calls for an ULTRA sad face

=(

i missed the game today..and im glad i did. Pedro got rocked in 3 innings and left. we got Ollie tomorrow...but now i have no clue who will go in the 5th spot if the injury is prolonged..which wouldnt surprise me one bit if it was. i mean Duque is out, and pelfry is in. Does this mean we call up Figueroa and slot sosa in 5?

[quote name='integralsmatic']this calls for an ULTRA sad face

=(

i missed the game today..and im glad i did. Pedro got rocked in 3 innings and left. we got Ollie tomorrow...but now i have no clue who will go in the 5th spot if the injury is prolonged..which wouldnt surprise me one bit if it was. i mean Duque is out, and pelfry is in. Does this mean we call up Figueroa and slot sosa in 5?[/QUOTE]

Just wait until Santana goes on the DL.

Every pitcher does at some point...well, except for Glavine.

Only if life was this easy...

Kent-HBP3-Reduced.gif

[quote name='ph33r m3']And just like that Hennessey gives up a 2 run single to Furcal.

The pain continues...[/quote]

Ah, the joys of being a Giants fan.

Joe Torre, 2-0 as Dodgers Manager. Great start to the season. Aw crap what am I saying, we are playing the Giants. It shouldn't count, it is the same as when Pro Teams play against college teams for exhibition games. But tonight was close, 3-2 win in the bottom of the ninth.

[quote name='integralsmatic']this calls for an ULTRA sad face

=(

i missed the game today..and im glad i did. Pedro got rocked in 3 innings and left. we got Ollie tomorrow...but now i have no clue who will go in the 5th spot if the injury is prolonged..which wouldnt surprise me one bit if it was. i mean Duque is out, and pelfry is in. Does this mean we call up Figueroa and slot sosa in 5?[/QUOTE]

Pedro said he felt something pop, which is definitely not good. He was starting to settle in right before the injury as well. They can go with only 4 guys for a certain amount of time. I forgot how long the schedule has enough days off where you can go with a 4 man rotation. If that does not give El Duque enough time to come back I can see them using Sosa. If not, then I think they will go out and get a guy like the recently released Woody Wiliams.

so is which fat 1b will break out this year? it went howard, then prince, now who? i think derek lee will be carlos delgado from last year.

LOL. Did I just hear right on Sportscenter? They said Moises Alou ran into Steve Bartman and he told him that he would not have caught the ball even if Bartman had not interfered with it. (Unless that was an April Fools story or something. The boy was up sick most of the night so I'm half asleep as I type this).

I still feel bad for the guy and I think I am one of the few Cubs fans that didn't blame him for our 2003 choke job. Everyone seems to forget that SS Alex Gonzales got a perfect double play ball on the very next pitch and booted it.

Here's hoping the Cubs bounce back and someone besides Fukudome hits today.

[quote name='Chitown021']LOL. Did I just hear right on Sportscenter? They said Moises Alou ran into Steve Bartman and he told him that he would not have caught the ball even if Bartman had not interfered with it. (Unless that was an April Fools story or something. The boy was up sick most of the night so I'm half asleep as I type this).

I still feel bad for the guy and I think I am one of the few Cubs fans that didn't blame him for our 2003 choke job. Everyone seems to forget that SS Alex Gonzales got a perfect double play ball on the very next pitch and booted it.

Here's hoping the Cubs bounce back and someone besides Fukudome hits today.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was an April Fool's joke also. I think Alou just said to a reporter than he feels bad for Bartman and that he would not have caught the ball anyway. He did not run into him.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Just wait until Santana goes on the DL.

Every pitcher does at some point...well, except for Glavine.[/quote]

i dont even want to think about that if it or does happen. if somehow pedro is prolonged again..and then we lose Santana...we will have barley any SP left.

[quote name='DomLando']Pedro said he felt something pop, which is definitely not good. He was starting to settle in right before the injury as well. They can go with only 4 guys for a certain amount of time. I forgot how long the schedule has enough days off where you can go with a 4 man rotation. If that does not give El Duque enough time to come back I can see them using Sosa. If not, then I think they will go out and get a guy like the recently released Woody Wiliams.[/quote]
Woody would be nice 4th or 5th guy. He can eat up some inning in the back end and leave sosa for long relief.

Hearing something pop..is a nice sign that he will be on the DL for a nice time. =(

[quote name='vrs1650']Joe Torre, 2-0 as Dodgers Manager. Great start to the season. Aw crap what am I saying, we are playing the Giants. It shouldn't count, it is the same as when Pro Teams play against college teams for exhibition games. But tonight was close, 3-2 win in the bottom of the ninth.[/quote]

Your actually somehow right, the college team was lead by BoCOCK and Velez, both made key plays for us to score.

How the hell Velez isn't starting? I have no clue.

Last year, the Giants led the league with blown wins from the bullpen with 33.

Teh Franchise pitches tonight, he'll have to pull another Matt Cain on the bums tonight.

before the season started, i laid down $7000 on the nationals to win it all, so if they can pull that off then I am a millionaire!!!

OK maybe not

Consavative bet is on the tigers winning the AL and the brewers in the NL. But that can change, the red sox, angels, mariners, yankees, indians all figure to be in the mix in the AL. The NL is garbage this year. I guess the mets look solid, and maybe whoever comes out of, the NL central- the cubs and brewers could get it done. IMO the Nl looks weak this year

[quote name='ph33r m3']But, it somewhat proves you have to spend a shit load of cash in baseball to be competitive. The teams below 90$ million dollars (excluding Colorado,Arizona,Milwaukee,Cleveland) everyone else is trash.[/QUOTE]
90 million is about an average payroll... It would stand to reason that if your payroll were below average, your team is more likely to be below average.

That you can name 4 teams that are competitive despite a below average payroll shows that its not impossible. Cleveland will probably win the division while spending $60 million less than Detroit, and the Sox will probably win theirs despite spending $76 million less than the Yankees. I'll also take the Brewers at $81m over the Cubs at $121m, and Colorado (68m) and Arizona (66m) are probably both better than the Dodgers (118m not incl. the manager)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back