The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

I'm sorry, but this whole Lebron needs to thank Miami for the championships is just ridiculous!!

lebron-miami-akron-billboard-ad.jpg

I'm not really a Lebron fan, but I can't wait to see how these three do together this year.   I just hope that it doesn't become the sit back and watch Lebron show though and Kyrie can keep moving up the ranks of NBA PGs. 

I'm not really a Lebron fan, but I can't wait to see how these three do together this year. I just hope that it doesn't become the sit back and watch Lebron show though and Kyrie can keep moving up the ranks of NBA PGs.
I think these three make more sense then the Miami three. Love is a rebounding machine, which neither Lebron, Wade, or really Bosh did. Kyrie is a better point guard now then Wade when Lebron was there. I say turn Kyrie into an assist machine and let Lebron do most of the scoring? To me it just seems like a better team then the Heat had.

So Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace is now changing his name to Panda Friend The Panda's Friend.

HAHA what in the entire fuck

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/report-metta-world-peace-changing-name-to-panda-friend/

Also it seems Dion Waiters was never an option to be traded. LBJ called him up a couple days before the decision and told him to be ready. Even if someone wanted him, he wasn't going since it was most likely Bron's decision to keep him or let him be apart of any deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see the Uncle Drew and Wes reunion is official. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyvkBifQ3w

Stats are great at predicting future returns if baseline conditions stay the same or are somewhat similar. Playing with James and Love will drastically change the baseline conditions. Their presence on the court will afford Waiters more open looks at the basket, which in turn will improve his shot selection. Additionally, he'll be asked to do far less than before meaning that he should be able to give you greater output whenever he is on the court, allowing him to play at a higher level. All these factors should result in improved efficiency numbers. Either way by the end of the season we'll all know what type of player Waiters really is.
This isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Waiters. Any player will have more open looks with LeBron and Love on the floor together. However, Waiters isn't a good shooter, and the minutes he would play would be better given to players who can shoot, like Miller and Allen.

This isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Waiters. Any player will have more open looks with LeBron and Love on the floor together. However, Waiters isn't a good shooter, and the minutes he would play would be better given to players who can shoot, like Miller and Allen.
It wasn't meant to be. I was merely making a case that he should be given a chance prior to being written off. The ceiling for Waiters on this team is as a 4th scoring option/defensive stopper (Thabo Sefolosha lite) or providing a spark off the bench. You are right he is a poor shooter but it's much easier to score efficently when you are getting open looks and are not the second or third scoring option. If Lebron pushes him there is no reason why Waiters couldn't get better defensively. He is pretty athletic for a two guard. At the end of the day, if he puts in the work he can change his game completely.

P.S. Miller and Allen will get plenty of time but ideally neither should log more than 15min a night.

It wasn't meant to be. I was merely making a case that he should be given a chance prior to being written off. The ceiling for Waiters on this team is as a 4th scoring option/defensive stopper (Thabo Sefolosha lite) or providing a spark off the bench. You are right he is a poor shooter but it's much easier to score efficently when you are getting open looks and are not the second or third scoring option. If Lebron pushes him there is no reason why Waiters couldn't get better defensively. He is pretty athletic for a two guard. At the end of the day, if he puts in the work he can change his game completely.

P.S. Miller and Allen will get plenty of time but ideally neither should log more than 15min a night.
Miller and Allen won't need to play more than 20 MPG, they essentially occupy the same role. Waiters himself only played 30 minutes a game last season, so he could be moved for someone who actually plays defense (another thing Waiters has never done) for about 15 minutes a night, while Allen and Miller split the other 33 minutes.

If the only thing positive you can say about a player is that he'll be acceptable as a rotation player if he does or improves two things he's never done, chances are he'll never be worth anything.

Last I read, Allen is going to decide whether or not the money is worth putting his body through another season. Sounds like he might sign with a playoff team that gives him the most $$.

Dunno if anyone follows the Basketball World Cup, but Durant has withdrew from the team. So that leaves.. Anthony Davis as the best player on the team?

Ray Allen should just sign in February/March. Cavs will only need his shot making for the playoffs and he will be fresh and rested while getting to spend a majority of the year with his family.

[quote name="zyk" post="11991616" timestamp="1407456971"]Dunno if anyone follows the Basketball World Cup, but Durant has withdrew from the team. So that leaves.. Anthony Davis as the best player on the team?[/quote]
Don't forget about d rose, curry, harden etc. Although they lost some key pieces (blake, love, george and now kd) I still think they can succeed with the team they have. Also have to wonder if durant leaving was a result of the pg incident, I believe he cited "physical and emotional reasons" on his departure.

According to Donatas Motiejunas, Dwight and Harden are on a hi and bye relationship with their teammates and eat separately from the team. Great chemistry and leadership building right there.

According to Donatas Motiejunas, Dwight and Harden are on a hi and bye relationship with their teammates and eat separately from the team. Great chemistry and leadership building right there.
He's still upset about the Harden comments(which never should have been said).

Dwight's instagram proves everything he's saying about them eating separately or on a hi and bye relationship with the team is false. Not to mention the countless times I've seen photos of the team eating together after a game or on off days. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the guy.

If someone like Pat said this, then it would be more believable.

edit

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/08/james-harden-dwight-howard-eat-rockets

Paul George changing his number to 13 and Melo has lost weight

927735_318325095009168_487488716_n.jpg
Looking good. Losing weight will certainly help his knees, inturn prolonging his career. The only downside would be that it will make it tough for him to play the four. Here's hoping the Knicks surprise a lot of teams this year.

[quote name="renique46" post="12003760" timestamp="1407872409"]If by surprise you mean "lol i scored that easily? i love playing this team."[/quote]

The defense won't be any worse than last year. I think they are a borderline playoff team.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 41m
As @JerryZgoda 1st reported, Minny's Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and Heat '15 1st-rounder go to 76ers for Thad Young. Deal done Saturday.
Decent deal for the Sixers. Surprised they manage to get a 1st for Young

bread's done
Back