The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

James Harden is hands down one of the most clutch players in the NBA. Didn't look like the Rockets were going to win tonight until The Beard had his say.

Jeremy Lin was pretty nasty at the end too.

For a team that supposedly cares about having home court advantage throughout the playoffs, the Pacers aren't helping their cause by losing consecutive games against inferior scrub teams. Maybe like the Blazers, they're falling back down to earth?
It really is all about peaking at the right time. Luckily for the Pacers though, Miami has also lost three in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't call Dallas a scrub team. Dirk and Calderon are high percentage shooters who never turn the ball over, Marion does almost everything well, Vince can shoot, and their center rotation is effective at protecting the rim - and Wright is efficient offensively himself.

I wouldn't call Dallas a scrub team. Dirk and Calderon are high percentage shooters who never turn the ball over, Marion does almost everything well, Vince can shoot, and their center rotation is effective at protecting the rim - and Wright is efficient offensively himself.
And we beat Indiana twice now :cool:

"Let's be honest, 70% of teams in NBA could fold tomorrow + nobody would notice a difference w/ possible exception of increase in streetcrime"

lol Minnesota reps

Goddamn bulls wtf,  looks like one of those nights.

Lol @ all the boos every time Beverly handles the ball.  If he keeps trying to undercut shooters who are already in the air like he kept doing to wade he'll be booed everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwbyUto2oR4

Someone isn't sorry about hurting Westbrook

Also, the Lakers are about ready to shut Kobe down for the season.

Phil Jackson has made up his mind and accepted the job to be a part of the Knicks' front office.

This pretty much guarantees that Mike Woodson is going to be gone.

Don't know if Phil Jackson and a new coach are enough to get Melo to stay in NY though.

Never thought I'd say this, but Patrick Beverley crossed up Lebron and then dunked on Bosh and Birdman at the end of the half. It was nasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqX_R6kHHgM

When the NBA puts ads all over their jerseys Gary Bettman is going to laugh his ass off and be all "and you guys thought WE were bush league"

Westbrook got hurt again after Lowry knee bumped his knee. The good thing was that his foot wasn't planted yet so hopefully he'll be okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6F2EMA6bp4

So 3 of the top prospects got eliminated early in the tourney. Wiggins and Parker had pretty bad games and Embiid is hurt. GMs worrying?

the top few picks haven't panned out recently anyways.  keep kids in school longer, raise the nba entrance age and fix the influx of THINK OF HOW HE WILL DEVELOP thinking please.

the top few picks haven't panned out recently anyways. keep kids in school longer, raise the nba entrance age and fix the influx of THINK OF HOW HE WILL DEVELOP thinking please.
Victor Oladipo looks decent already and has much more upside, Mason Plumlee deserves more than 17 minutes a game, Giannis Antetokounmpo is a competent role player and should be at least a serviceable starter by next season, and Tim Hardaway Jr will probably have a 10 year career as a bench scorer. The 2013 draft wasn't a total waste. Noel might be pretty good defensively, as well.

As for the 2012 draft, Anthony Davis might be the best player in basketball by this time next season, Andre Drummond is a total stud, Damian Lillard is a top 10 PG, Bradley Beal is going to be Ray Allen lite if he replaces his long 2s with 3s, John Henson, Jared Sullinger, and Terrence Jones are worthy starters.

The 2011 draft has had like a dozen solid starters, with about half of those guys already being more than that and another six to ten guys who could also potentially be at least solid starters.

Not really seeing how the draft has been terrible.

So 3 of the top prospects got eliminated early in the tourney. Wiggins and Parker had pretty bad games and Embiid is hurt. GMs worrying?
Wiggins seemed to just disappear in a lot of games this season. I'm not sure who I'd take if I had first pick. This draft is pretty loaded, but I'm not sure if there's one guy that's clearly above the rest.

It's interesting how the Blazers continue to fumble this month, especially without Aldridge. They're 3-7 over their last 10 games and have lost 3 in a row now.

With half of their remaining games being against really good playoff teams, how crazy would it be if they don't make the playoffs? There's only a 2.5 game difference between them and the 9th place Suns.

Should be interesting to watch as the season comes to a close. Playoffs start in less than a month already.

Its pretty pathetic that Monty McCutchen has been doing a superb job and not calling flagrants on these obvious flop attempts and yet these other 2 dipshits are constantly ruining this game by falling for the typical shit. Wade getting posted up by Stephenson  then whines to the ref just cause Lance said something now hes tossed because refs decided to issue the usual bail out double tech from earlier, So fucking stupid.

Nike will probably let this one slide because they feel bad George got catfished and sent pics of his junk to a dude.
If you want to believe a story originating from a website that has a category called "groupie tales" or promises of maximum exposure on "tips", good for you. http://blacksportsonline.com/home/

I have a few more media recommendations that may pique your interest:

If you want to believe a story originating from a website that has a category called "groupie tales" or promises of maximum exposure on "tips", good for you. http://blacksportsonline.com/home/

I have a few more media recommendations that may pique your interest:

I actually saw it on Deadspin, but nice try deflecting. George has admitted it was his pic, but is anyone really buying his story that someone else sent it?

I actually saw it on Deadspin, but nice try deflecting. George has admitted it was his pic, but is anyone really buying his story that someone else sent it?
The first link was the site from which the story originated. Deadspin is not much better.

Did he do it? Don't know and don't care, that's his issue. All I'm saying is when you get information, consider the source.

The Rockets have set a franchise record by sweeping the entire Eastern Conference at home 15-0 and at the same time delivered Philly their NBA record tying 26th straight loss.

And The Beard got a triple-double in just three quarters.

Haha good one :roll:

At least he wont be a bitch about it and try to blame someone else for his injury.

But yeah, someone getting hurt is something to be celebrated right?
I'm not celebrating an injury. And if you think Beverley crashing into Westbrook's knee shouldn't get the blame for the injury, then I guess there's nothing left to discuss.

I'm not celebrating an injury. And if you think Beverley crashing into Westbrook's knee shouldn't get the blame for the injury, then I guess there's nothing left to discuss.
You just said that someone tearing their meniscus is "Karma at its best." How can that be construed as anything more than you praising an injury?

What happened between Beverley and Westbrook was an accident, that yes, Beverley was responsible for. But there was nothing intentional behind it. So for you to call it some form of Karmic retribution is a fucking joke.

More people believing it was an accident went right out the window when he seemed to try to do the same exact shit just not long ago that made westbrook almost punch him. Not that big of a loss, most people were starting to figure out his brand of "defense" anyway. Maybe Lin can step his ass up and live up to that contract.

More people believing it was an accident went right out the window when he seemed to try to do the same exact shit just not long ago that made westbrook almost punch him. Not that big of a loss, most people were starting to figure out his brand of "defense" anyway. Maybe Lin can step his ass up and live up to that contract.
Going after the ball purposefully and injuring someone on purpose are not the same thing. Westbrook getting injured was an accident.

It's clear you don't know much about the Rockets though. Patrick Beverley is the best defensive guard on the team and one of the best in the league, and his brand of defense isn't that hard to figure out in the first place. It's just effective and annoying for opposing players. He's going to be in your face and putting pressure on the ball every single second of the game. It's pretty simple. He's also a better fit with the starting line-up then Lin is.

I guess I'll be seeing a lot more of Isaiah Canaan.

Should be interesting tonight to see if the Sixers break the NBA record and lose their 27th game in a row. I think a lot of people want to be there to say they saw the record broken in person since the lowest price on StubHub is almost $50 a ticket when a few days ago it was as low as $20 a ticket.

Honestly Beverly getting hurt couldn't have been more ironic considering the way he tries to under cut shooters who are already in the air. He did that shit twice in the same game to D wade and wade was about to lose it.

LOL the clippers put big baby on the DNP for "temper tantrum"

And Chandler parsons looked like he hurt his hand from a high five lol.

Cp3 too brutal right now, put this man into the mvp convo.

LOL the clippers put big baby on the DNP for "temper tantrum"

And Chandler parsons looked like he hurt his hand from a high five lol.

Cp3 too brutal right now, put this man into the mvp convo.
He's easily the most underrated player in the game today. On a per possession basis, he's the best PG of all time, and he's got a bit of room between him and Magic, who is number 2. How often is he spoken of in such terms?

He also should have been MVP in 07-08 over Kobe.

With that said, he's missed too many games to be ahead of LeBron, let alone Durant, this season.

Definitely wont win because of games missed but it would be nice to see maybe a vote or 2 thrown in for him at the end of the season.

After saying they wanted the number one seed all season long, the Pacers have slipped and let the Heat get ahead of them. I'm not sure they can get it back either.

I have to admit that PTI bit about Bird "re-assigning" Vogel within the Indiana organization and taking over coaching duties himself got me. It sounded like something that could totally happen.

bread's done
Back