The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

I guess I'm the only Miami Heat fan here. The Heat are lucky people didn't leave after the 1st half. As far as I'm concerned the Heat team owes for the 2 quarters they took off this game.
I'm a Heat fan too. I catch flack for it all the time because everyone thinks I band wagoned cause of LeBron. I admit in the 90's I loved the Bulls cause of Jordan, I was like 6 lol. Then I lost my love for basketball for a long time and eventually just started liking Miami cause I was a bit of a fan of Dwayne Wade. James coming along a few years later was just a plus. I admit I don't watch much of the regular season but the postseason I usually try to watch.

That feeling when 37 year old Ray allen is outplaying D wade. Wade looks like he absolutely no clue what to do when he doesn't get his whistles. These fans are booing like they matter but yet couldn't bother to stay and support their team the last game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Heat... but That win or go home motto applies to them too.  If they want to play around like they don't understand how to play Basketball, then give the spurs the championship and call it a season.  

Alright, gotta feel bad for LeBron right now. Dude scored 19 points on 7/8 shooting in the 3rd and the Spurs still extended the lead. His team has checked out.

Can't believe Wade let Kawhi take the ball away from him like that. He's officially hit rock bottom

The three-peat is pretty doubtful at this point. The way the Spurs offense has played the last two games how terribly Miami has played those two games also I don't see them coming back and winning three in a row against these Spurs.

I don't know what's up with James but he doesn't appear in to this series at all. A little bit in Game 2 and a little bit in the 3rd tonight and that's about it. And Wade looks so out of it like he has no clue what's going on or what to do. I don't get it.

James as in Lebron? Are you serious? Without him the series would already be over and the average margin of victory for the Spurs would be 36

James as in Lebron? Are you serious? Without him the series would already be over and the average margin of victory for the Spurs would be 36

yeah honestly lebron is the only one trying on the team. He had almost half of the heat points in the 3rd quarter
You guys act like I said he's not playing at all lol. I basically said he's showing up for a quarter or so here and there each game. You can't tell me he's putting in a full pull in every game though. Not going to deny that when he does show up it's huge though compared to the rest of his team.

I'm just saying he's not playing like we've seen in the past.

He had the shits. I can barely even lay down when I have a nice taco bell diarrhea day

UMeBIdK.jpg

OK, can we just give credit to the Spurs offensive masterpiece? That is the reason the Heat got no motivation. They just surrendered. Kahwi and the boys are too much for the heat. Also, why da heck did it took a whooping for Spoke to put Haslem in to the game. Smh.

I've just realized the finals for the Spurs happened on the first round of the playoffs.

Look all the bandwagoners now saying that Spurs are gonna win (I bet they didn't said that when we were down 2-1 against the Mavs). SPURS4LIFE.

"Off topic" - Could Lebron + Melo = Championship? I don't think so...

OK, can we just give credit to the Spurs offensive masterpiece? That is the reason the Heat got no motivation. They just surrendered. Kahwi and the boys are too much for the heat. Also, why da heck did it took a whooping for Spoke to put Haslem in to the game. Smh.I've just realized the finals for the Spurs happened on the first round of the playoffs.Look all the bandwagoners now saying that Spurs are gonna win (I bet they didn't said that when we were down 2-1 against the Mavs). SPURS4LIFE."Off topic" - Could Lebron + Melo = Championship? I don't think so...
Wow wow wow. Take it easy. I'm pretty sure everyone outside of Miami has always been rooting for the Spurs in the finals for the past two years and they are pretty much everyone's second favorite team besides their own team, so lets not act like it's been Spurs vs the world lol.

[quote name="wwe101" post="11839134" timestamp="1402635087"]Wow wow wow. Take it easy. I'm pretty sure everyone outside of Miami has always been rooting for the Spurs in the finals for the past two years and they are pretty much everyone's second favorite team besides their own team, so lets not act like it's been Spurs vs the world lol.[/quote]yeah, that's why they are bandwagoners. They are fans when they get to the finals.

OK, can we just give credit to the Spurs offensive masterpiece? That is the reason the Heat got no motivation. They just surrendered. Kahwi and the boys are too much for the heat. Also, why da heck did it took a whooping for Spoke to put Haslem in to the game. Smh. I've just realized the finals for the Spurs happened on the first round of the playoffs. Look all the bandwagoners now saying that Spurs are gonna win (I bet they didn't said that when we were down 2-1 against the Mavs). SPURS4LIFE. "Off topic" - Could Lebron + Melo = Championship? I don't think so...
I don't know but as a Heat fan I will admit that Spurs offense has been pretty amazing the last two games. Tim Duncan is still a beast. Parker's killing it and holy shit did Kawhi come to play the last two games. More motivation in that kid alone than the entire Heat team. His play has been insanely impressive. Can't deny that.

OK, can we just give credit to the Spurs offensive masterpiece? That is the reason the Heat got no motivation. They just surrendered. Kahwi and the boys are too much for the heat. Also, why da heck did it took a whooping for Spoke to put Haslem in to the game. Smh. I've just realized the finals for the Spurs happened on the first round of the playoffs. Look all the bandwagoners now saying that Spurs are gonna win (I bet they didn't said that when we were down 2-1 against the Mavs). SPURS4LIFE. "Off topic" - Could Lebron + Melo = Championship? I don't think so...
I wouldn't be talking this kind of shit until the series is over. Crazier things have happened, and against the two-time defending champs, I would never count them out. Unless you want to look like an asshat when you jinx your team. Just celebrate when it's over.

To be fair, Wade at least puts some effort in some of the time, but he does run to the wrong man a lot. I'm not sure if that's any better or worse than Harden's "olé" bullshit.

Judging by that completely ridiculous phantom foul fest of a 1st quarter. Spurs are gonna have to accept the fact that they need to play 5 on 8 in order to win this title.

Bosh is completely trash, letting manu put him on a poster like that. To think this guy is making the same amount of money as Lebron lmao. Wade looks like hes good for about 5-6 mins then he's completely gassed. He definitely should opt in since hes not seeing that type of money for the rest of his career.

I think if LeBron wants to win another championship he needs to separate himself from D. Wade. I think he's too loyal, and to a fault but I don't see him winning another championship in Miami unless they blow this roster up and bring in younger talent and develop a bench.

But congratulations to the Spurs. Better team won. Convincingly.

I'd say Lebron's legacy is still intact since his team was complete garbage. On the other hand Jordan always found a way to win regardless of his teammates.

He's in his 30s, his body is breaking down, and he's gained weight as the season has progressed.
But his mistakes were not due to age, he made horrible decisions.

I think when all is said and done LeBron will be considered the most talented all around player. Jordan will always be the greatest winner and competitor. 

I wish I had been following the Spurs all these years. They seem like my kind of team, so I wonder why I  lost interest in the NBA so many years ago. Do the Spurs manage to fly under the radar or something even though they are a championship team? I heard one of the commentators say that he didn't think any of them had endorsement deals. 

I wish I had been following the Spurs all these years. They seem like my kind of team, so I wonder why I lost interest in the NBA so many years ago. Do the Spurs manage to fly under the radar or something even though they are a championship team?
Yup small market team not many sponsorships no real drama with them no illegal activities. They've been one of if not the best team in the west for the past 12-14 years? Won 60 games this year but still no attention.

I'm happy for Kwahi future NBA superstar. Perfect spur mold. Doesn't show any emotion and just wins

I'll definitely have to read up on Spurs history. It seems like they got a lot of humble players, the best from around the world. Years ago I got tired of Shaq/Kobe drama and shit like that. A lot of egos just turned me off to the sport. 

bread's done
Back