The 7th Annual Cheapy Awards - Vote and Win 1 of 2 $500 Amazon Gift Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd ask that next year links/reasons are provided for CAG Villain nominees so people know who they are/what they did to put them in that situation. This year was different in the fact that one person managed to make the entire site angry, but next year won't be so fortunate.

Over a year ago I posted Cheapy and wombat would not be together much long due to the constant bickering on the cagcast............ I was wrong. Congrats!

Am I the only one thinking the B&M stores are all about equal? I voted Target over BB and TRU only because they have better clearance stuff, but all said and done, they all have good deals sometimes and about the same quality customer service, at least IMO. Im interested to see what others say when all the voting is done.

Did my duty. I think the "December Best Buy Reward zone" thread should have been one of the choices for best thread or "under boob or side boob". Both were entertaining and had some great tags.

Ahhh, awards season. I played games through the Golden Globes, skipped the Grammy's. But this? I will put down the controller for this.

Please draw my name from the hat. I have decided I will use the $500 for an iPad. I don't think I'd buy one otherwise.

[quote name='barchi01']Most likely to marry their cousin
(A) Master Chief
(B) Mario
(C) Kratos
(D) Batman[/QUOTE]

Lmao,wth......................B

[quote name='chriscolbert']So are the polls open or closed? Yesterdays post said they were open and "closing soon", but they appear closed now. That was quick![/QUOTE]

they closed at midnight on 2/5, like all the polls were labeled.

Hey Cheapy, when can we expect the results?

That was a quick poll closing. I wish it were extended to more than just one or two days... Not even that many votes per poll...

What the hell, I've been looking forward to voting again this year and now the polls are closed. That sucks. I take one day away from the computer......

[quote name='erik_wolff']What the hell, I've been looking forward to voting again this year and now the polls are closed. That sucks. I take one day away from the computer......[/QUOTE]
Dude its been up for like 2-3 weeks.

The polls were not mentioned on the front page to be open until the 4th, yesterday. I sure as hell didn't subscribe to this part of the forum. I would even check the front page once in a while, but there was nothing about the polls being open for a while. A couple weeks ago, nomination phase was up, I know that.

But seriously, what the hell.

[quote name='option.iv']The polls were not mentioned on the front page to be open until the 4th, yesterday. I sure as hell didn't subscribe to this part of the forum. I would even check the front page once in a while, but there was nothing about the polls being open for a while. A couple weeks ago, nomination phase was up, I know that.

But seriously, what the hell.[/QUOTE]

+1

I check this site every day and yesterday was the first I heard about it aside from the nomination mention back on 1/12.

[quote name='chriscolbert']+1

I check this site every day and yesterday was the first I heard about it aside from the nomination mention back on 1/12.[/QUOTE]
Glad I wasn't the only one. You can call me lazy, but I just won't go to the main forum page and look through every single sub-forum for updates. I already have certain sub forums subscribed to and I just go immediately to my Control Panel which lists all the updates that I'd like to watch. As for the front page, every couple of days I check it out. But you really can't assume that everyone goes through the front page when they want to access the forums.

Well, I guess I missed out... fuck.

[quote name='option.iv']The polls were not mentioned on the front page to be open until the 4th, yesterday. I sure as hell didn't subscribe to this part of the forum. I would even check the front page once in a while, but there was nothing about the polls being open for a while. A couple weeks ago, nomination phase was up, I know that.

But seriously, what the hell.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were...It was announced on the front page immediately as the polls opened, about 10 days ago. I merely bumped up that post to announce they were closing.

I'm sorry that you missed out.

[quote name='chriscolbert']+1

I check this site every day and yesterday was the first I heard about it aside from the nomination mention back on 1/12.[/QUOTE]

ditto for me (please extend them through the weekend.)

For those of you who did miss out and have a hard time keeping up with the front page, we've got an RSS feed and twitter:

I lied when I said the results will be up Monday or Tuesday. I need to notify the winners and get their victory statements. This, combined with my moving apartments will likely stave off the announcement until next week. Sorry!

[quote name='CheapyD']I lied when I said the results will be up Monday or Tuesday. I need to notify the winners and get their victory statements. This, combined with my moving apartments will likely stave off the announcement until next week. Sorry![/QUOTE]

So that means you already picked winners and notified them?

I'm talking about winners for the awards, not the Amazon gift cards. The amazon gc winners will be notified next week.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm talking about winners for the awards, not the Amazon gift cards. The amazon gc winners will be notified next week.[/QUOTE]

Ah, glad to hear I still have a chance :roll:

I'm sure he'll post announcing the winners. Just appears to be a delay of the poll results, possibly due to waiting on comments from some winners/losers? Just a though. =]

If anyone was contacted already about winning the GC, please feel free to speak up, unless cheapy has advised you otherwise. I'm interested to know if I still have any hope of winning one or not. :)

He said a week,but now its been 2 weeks. I guess he is trying to get replies from those sites or just a busy man in general. Although its killing me to find out who won the gift cards. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back