The beatles Premium bundle 50 buck at TRU B&M until 2/5

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
5396498781_0545948123_z.jpg

Member when this hunka plastica coma outa fora 250 bona. Well, if you held out for 15 months, then its time to get it.

Problem is actually finding one. Locally, my store, Whitestone, ny 11356 have 2.

Yeah, there's one copy at my Toys R Us, I've called twice. Both times they told me its not on clearance and its $99... I'll try again tomorrow and if they reduce it then I'll buy, if not I'm going to pass.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']My kmart had 2 360/2 ps3 le bundles, and maybe 5 standard editions, none were marked...which versions should be $50?[/QUOTE]

At KMart? All of them. Just walk up to the counter and tell them you heard it on the internets. They'll honor the price.

Ugh, picked up a 'Special Edition' hoping it would have RB2 drums in there.

Guess it's going back tomorrow. Thanks for the info guys. Already got the game so I was gonna give it to a friend, but I'm not keeping these shitty RB1 instruments. Not worth $10 much less $50.

I'll stick with my GH5 guitar.

[quote name='FQRizzo']Same here. It's will be very YMMV to get the limited edition for $49.99 as the item number on the sign is for the Special Value Edition.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me today. I didn't even know about this, was walking all around toys r us for 30 minutes looking for something to spend my 45 in rewards certificates on. I went to pay and it rung up 99.99. I brought the tag, he input the numbers on the bottom and they rung up the special value edition. I pointed how the tag said "limited edition" and after 5 minutes with the manager he brought it down with no problems. I ended up paying 4.99 plus tax for it, $5.34. I'm gonna post a pic of my receipt.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5733/20110129211332.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any know the SKU so we can search it up on TRU, print it up assuming the item at the price is on the site, and PM at BB?

TRU today rang up normal price but on the bottom of the price it also stated "hero bundle promotion" and the clerk was confused so he called up the manager and even the manager was confused and didn't know what the promotion was so they couldn't give it to me for a lower price:cry:

Yeah, the UPC number on the tag matches the Value Bundle, not the Premium bundle, so if you're lucky enough to get a store that will honor that price, good for you, cause they most likely will not.

My store only had the Value Bundle. :(

seems this sale is for the limited edition (with rock band 2 gear) AND the special value edition (with rock band 1 gear) My toys r us had tons of special value edition but no limited edition ones. I picked it up anyway though.

EDIT: did not see above posts, but marker at my toys r us says the sale is for the premium edition and not special value. I would think both should be on sale.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Yeah, the UPC number on the tag matches the Value Bundle, not the Premium bundle, so if you're lucky enough to get a store that will honor that price, good for you, cause they most likely will not.

My store only had the Value Bundle. :([/QUOTE]

Most places will honor it it if it's posted like it is in the OP's picture.

My TRU had the LE in stock and the price said Limited Edition $49.99 under the special edition ones. The LE ones were up high and the special editions were easy to reach along with the guitar heroes, etc.

Still wondering if I should go back tomorrow or tuesday and get one.

[quote name='ajumbaje']My TRU had the LE in stock and the price said Limited Edition $49.99 under the special edition ones. The LE ones were up high and the special editions were easy to reach along with the guitar heroes, etc.

Still wondering if I should go back tomorrow or tuesday and get one.[/QUOTE]

If i am not mistaken i think it was a 2 day sale only 1/29 and 1/30

[quote name='ajumbaje']title says till the 5th. If it isn't, oh well[/QUOTE]

Touche'! I could be wrong, i thought it was a weekend deal since it started I think on Friday...

Called the 3 closest places and one said they had a bundle way up high on a shelf, but couldn't reach it. I waited for 5 minutes on the phone while the guy "tried" to find a ladder, but he said he couldn't get a hold of the guys in the back. I tried asking him what bundle it was and he said he didn't know since it was face down.

20+ miles away (although I have lots of friends there...place I grew up) but don't know if it's worth it to go and check. Seems like it's kind of YMMV. Not really a Rockband fan, but I love the Beatles so only want to get it if I'll be able to snag a limited bundle. If the sale goes until 2/5, maybe I'll hit it up on Friday after work and hope it's still there.

EDIT: Have you guys had luck showing the above picture (or any picture of a deal)? I feel like employees may just brush it off.

My main issue if i get this will be then paying more for rock band 3 then getting rb2 for the disc transfer. Still debating :p

Stopped by TRU yesterday was told the price was for the "Special Value" edition, the one with the RB1 instruments. Showed the guy the words "Limited Edition" on the sign, then on the box, he gave in right away. The Bloomington TRU in Minneapolis has a few of the LE sets up front.

[quote name='ajumbaje']My main issue if i get this will be then paying more for rock band 3 then getting rb2 for the disc transfer. Still debating :p[/QUOTE]

Just so you're clear, the Beatles Rock Band is and always will be purely a stand-alone game. You can't export it's tracks to Rock Band 2 or 3, that was part of the deal for the Beatles allowing their music.

The instruments obviously will work with any Rock Band game.

how much for each set? 50.00 ea. if so i will take both for total 100.00 phone no. 931 996 3732...ask for roger to make arrangements...

I was also denied the Limited Edition bundle and told the deal was for the Special Value bundle only. The wording on the sale sticker is somewhat ambiguous in my opinion. It's a good deal, but the Rock Band 2 Wireless Drums and Guitar in the LE bundle are much better quality...and they are wireless! Still a pretty good deal IMO.

bread's done
Back