The BioWare Bazaar thread of get tokens, win auctions, get stuff

[quote name='YodaEXE']That was probably all they had left at the time that you looked. I ordered one a while back and got a medium. Nice hoody too.[/QUOTE]

Since this has quickly become the most misconstrued/misunderstood comment of-all-time, I'll clarify.

The day the contest ended, I went online and looked in the store. When I looked in the store, I went to select my size for a hoody - "XL" - and found that it was not available. I went through all of the other sizes in the drop-down, just for the hell of it, and the only size that was available was a "Large" - I assume that is all they have left, but found it entertaining that people were supposed to be sending in their sizes for like 21 hoody prizes, yet only a large was available.

That's all I was trying to say...

Sorry about that guys!!!

[quote name='microcuts777']I also met a good 10 - 12 nice people thanks to this little thing. We chatted for 5 days straight, helped each other out and rooted one another on. A pretty cool thing to happen as a result of what were essentially bidding wars. Good community here at CAG.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The people in the auction thread was so nice and friendly

[quote name='microcuts777']The day the contest ended, I went online and looked in the store. When I looked in the store, I went to select my size for a hoody - "XL" - and found that it was not available. I went through all of the other sizes in the drop-down, just for the hell of it, and the only size that was available was a "Large" - I assume that is all they have left, but found it entertaining that people were supposed to be sending in their sizes for like 21 hoody prizes, yet only a large was available.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they set aside some stock specifically for the contest? The hoodie has always been a popular item on their store. They've gotta keep some around to give out to the auction winners.

[quote name='microcuts777']Since this has quickly become the most misconstrued/misunderstood comment of-all-time, I'll clarify.

The day the contest ended, I went online and looked in the store. When I looked in the store, I went to select my size for a hoody - "XL" - and found that it was not available. I went through all of the other sizes in the drop-down, just for the hell of it, and the only size that was available was a "Large" - I assume that is all they have left, but found it entertaining that people were supposed to be sending in their sizes for like 21 hoody prizes, yet only a large was available.

That's all I was trying to say...

Sorry about that guys!!![/QUOTE]
The JE fleece jacket wasn't in the store at all, so store availability is likely not tied to prize availability.

I imagine they'll either get more hoodies (likely, since more people will be looking to order them now) or they held some back from the store inventory to fulfill the prizes, then they'll put the remainders back into the store inventory.

[quote name='Salamando3000']So, has anyone received anything in the way of confirmation of their address or anything? So far, I've only received notices that I've won and an auto-reply from their email account, but nothing else.[/QUOTE]

It does suck that they have sent no confirmations, but maybe they are in the investigation part of the auction now where they make sure the points that were gotten were legitimate.

[quote name='reininop']It does suck that they have sent no confirmations, but maybe they are in the investigation part of the auction now where they make sure the points that were gotten were legitimate.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, I hope that's the case and that they give the person who had 2nd highest bid the prizes...oh, and that the person who was ahead of me on the PC - and/or laptop - is a bad, bad person...lol

[quote name='microcuts777']Jeez, I hope that's the case and that they give the person who had 2nd highest bid the prizes...oh, and that the person who was ahead of me on the PC - and/or laptop - is a bad, bad person...lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, I've been secretly hoping the person who outbid me on the character lithographs cheated or something. I know they didn't because they only beat me by 200 points, but a man can dream right? A man can dream. It wasn't you Reininop.

[quote name='microcuts777']Jeez, I hope that's the case and that they give the person who had 2nd highest bid the prizes...oh, and that the person who was ahead of me on the PC - and/or laptop - is a bad, bad person...lol[/QUOTE]
There was at least one person who was ineligible (lives in NY) that bid and won a prize in the auction. There was a post on the BioWare forums about it. He knew he was ineligible, but bid and won anyway. I imagine some others might not have even realized they were ineligible.

There's no way they can just give the prize to the second place winner of an auction if the winner was a fraud. That opens up a large number of problems. Simplest of which - guy A came in second in one auction, and won another one. Or, you could run into the problem where the second-place person only had a bid of like 50 tokens, and wouldn't have won any auction. Although it's not like they could just do another round of auctions, as then people would complain about how they burned all their tokens at the end since they assumed it was over.

Honestly have no idea how they can handle it.

[quote name='Salamando3000']There's no way they can just give the prize to the second place winner of an auction if the winner was a fraud. That opens up a large number of problems. Simplest of which - guy A came in second in one auction, and won another one. Or, you could run into the problem where the second-place person only had a bid of like 50 tokens, and wouldn't have won any auction. Although it's not like they could just do another round of auctions, as then people would complain about how they burned all their tokens at the end since they assumed it was over.

Honestly have no idea how they can handle it.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about it, and my conclusion was that they could give the person who placed in 2nd the option to take the prize that they placed 2nd on, but had a cheaters winning bid, and forfeit the prize that they did actually win. The prize that they did end up winning would then go to the person who placed 2nd on that auction, etc, etc.

Or that person who placed in 2nd could just take the prize that they did win later on, and forfeit the prize that they were outbid by a cheater on.

Wouldn't that be a method that would work? I think it would be the most fair...

^
For any of those situations they should just give the randomly pick 1 person that bid on ANY auction.

The reason I say random bidder from any auction is as follows.

(note: This is a Fake situation)

Let's say a Computer is up for bids
Dogmae bids 24 Tokens
Player B bids 18000 Tokens
Microcuts tried to bid 15000 tokens, but was too slow, and since Player B already bid, he couldn't place a bid

Player B lives in NY or FL, and is not eligible so no prize to him. Now if they just picked the second highest bid Dogmae would get the computer for 24 tokens, even though Microcuts would have, and tried to bid 15000, but was unable to because of the way the bids worked.

So take whatever prizes people were not eligible for, maybe even split up the packs into single items, and then use a random number generator and pass them out to people that participated in the auctions.

Now, I didn't read what the official rules said about it, so maybe they would give it to the second highest bidder, even if they only bid 24 tokens

[quote name='dogmae']^
For any of those situations they should just give the randomly pick 1 person that bid on ANY auction.

The reason I say random bidder from any auction is as follows.

(note: This is a Fake situation)

Let's say a Computer is up for bids
Dogmae bids 24 Tokens
Player B bids 18000 Tokens
Microcuts tried to bid 15000 tokens, but was too slow, and since Player B already bid, he couldn't place a bid

Player B lives in NY or FL, and is not eligible so no prize to him. Now if they just picked the second highest bid Dogmae would get the computer for 24 tokens, even though Microcuts would have, and tried to bid 15000, but was unable to because of the way the bids worked.

So take whatever prizes people were not eligible for, maybe even split up the packs into single items, and then use a random number generator and pass them out to people that participated in the auctions.

Now, I didn't read what the official rules said about it, so maybe they would give it to the second highest bidder, even if they only bid 24 tokens[/QUOTE]

All this looks like to me is some ploy by "dogmae" to steal my computer...

lol

But really, that MicroCuts bid wouldn't have been recorded, so there would be no way for that person to win...they would have to go off of recorded bids only, otherwise people would just be running around saying that they bid "XXXXX" on that one! Part of the key to that auction was knowing what to bid and when - for instance, don't bit 11.5k toward the beginning of the Space Litho auction to bump the bid price up when you really want the N7 Pack...you might actually win that Space Litho item...

[quote name='microcuts777']
But really, that MicroCuts bid wouldn't have been recorded, so there would be no way for that person to win...they would have to go off of recorded bids only, otherwise people would just be running around saying that they bid "XXXXX" on that one![/QUOTE]

Yeah thats why I think they should randomly give to to somebody that bid on ANY auction not just the one that went unclaimed , make a list of all the active people bidding, and random off the unclaimed items to them

I think the point is, in the fake situation, Microcuts would've won the auction, had the ineligible person not placed their ineligible bid. There's no guarantee that the second highest bid was the second highest amount of tokens someone wanted to put on that auction

[quote name='microcuts777'] Part of the key to that auction was knowing what to bid and when - for instance, don't bit 11.5k toward the beginning of the Space Litho auction to bump the bid price up when you really want the N7 Pack...you might actually win that Space Litho item...[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='microcuts777']Part of the key to that auction was knowing what to bid and when - for instance, don't bit 11.5k toward the beginning of the Space Litho auction to bump the bid price up when you really want the N7 Pack...you might actually win that Space Litho item...[/QUOTE]
Man, that was hilarious, especially the complaining in the Bioware forums afterwards :D

Last edited by a moderator:
micro, I found out who won your N7 Pack...

836142109_AJGdT-L.jpg

Received an email about two hours ago asking me to confirm my address (won auction 13 - ME2 and DA Character posters). So, definitely looks like things will head out today/monday.

Cool. Anyone who didn't put their clothing size has a second opportunity to get the size in.
If you won any of the following auction items and didn't include your shirt size please send me a message on Social so I can update that information:

Hopefully the JE pack is one of the first sent out. :)

[quote name='Arikado']Got my confirmation email not too long ago. If you won something, be on the look out for something from Jesse Reid ([email protected]).[/QUOTE]

Confirmation that it shipped or that they got your info?

[quote name='OddLogik']Confirmation that it shipped or that they got your info?[/QUOTE]

They were just confirming the information I sent them after winning the auction was correct. Here's the email:

Hi ArikadOdakirA,
This is an email to confirm you have won auction #105 (Dragon Age: Origins White Box Art Computer) in the BioWare Bazaar. We need to confirm your information before sending out your prize. Please read below and let us know if it is accurate.

...followed by my name, address, and phone number.

[quote name='Arikado']Got my confirmation email not too long ago. If you won something, be on the look out for something from Jesse Reid ([email protected]).[/QUOTE]

Later in the thread he said most people will be notified next week. So it's likely if any of you haven't gotten a message yet, like me, that we'll get one then. :)

I feel left out. I haven't gotten a confirmation yet.

Edit: As *soon* as I posted this I got the email. :)

They're giving me the option of Jade Empire on the Xbox or the Pc. The Xbox version will work on the 360 right? I Think I'll go that route, instead of dealing with SecuROM that they put into the PC version. Also I think it was originally designed for the Xbox, so the PC is a port?

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I feel left out. I haven't gotten a confirmation yet.

Edit: As *soon* as I posted this I got the email. :)

They're giving me the option of Jade Empire on the Xbox or the Pc. The Xbox version will work on the 360 right? I Think I'll go that route, instead of dealing with SecuROM that they put into the PC version. Also I think it was originally designed for the Xbox, so the PC is a port?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the PC version is a totally rebuilt game. Came out just a year or two ago. And yes Jade Empire works on the 360. I have a copy of the Special Edition that I still play some times.

Got my comfirmation email yesterday, I won a novel pack and they asked for a shirt size... was probably a mistake.

I was surprised by my confirmation email. I thought all the games would just show up on PC which would have been terrible because of the whole having the same PC since Bush's first term nonsense. Now I'm getting both Mass Effect games for the 360, Jade Empire for the PC because I already have the xbox version and the PC version of Dragon Age which I will be gifting. Pretty sweet deal from just sitting around doing nothing.

[quote name='ohram']I was surprised by my confirmation email. I thought all the games would just show up on PC which would have been terrible because of the whole having the same PC since Bush's first term nonsense. Now I'm getting both Mass Effect games for the 360, Jade Empire for the PC because I already have the xbox version and the PC version of Dragon Age which I will be gifting. Pretty sweet deal from just sitting around doing nothing.[/QUOTE]

which pack did you win?

And yes, Igot a confirmation email as well for the character litho pack.

[quote name='reininop']which pack did you win?

And yes, Igot a confirmation email as well for the character litho pack.[/QUOTE]

I settled on the Jade Empire pack. I was just a twitter win away from having the character lithos, but oh well. There's always next time.

[quote name='ohram']I settled on the Jade Empire pack. I was just a twitter win away from having the character lithos, but oh well. There's always next time.[/QUOTE]

It didn't list mass effect 2 in that pack, at least not that I saw. Deal got even sweeter there, especially letting you pick your platforms. I would have definitely given it more consideration had they given more details.

[quote name='reininop']It didn't list mass effect 2 in that pack, at least not that I saw. Deal got even sweeter there, especially letting you pick your platforms. I would have definitely given it more consideration had they given more details.[/QUOTE]

It'll be pretty cool when it arrives, due to me not having a very strong computer I could never play the Mass Effect games. I tried twice on the Xbox but both times fate had stopped me. The first time my Xbox decided to eat the disc making it unplayable, and when I tried again with a new copy my Xbox red ringed out of warranty. So this will be the first time I actually get to play Mass Effect.

My white Dragon Age: Origins PC just arrived already! I'll get some pictures of it up soon enough.

You winners keep your eyes out for FedEx!

[quote name='Arikado']My white Dragon Age: Origins PC just arrived already! I'll get some pictures of it up soon enough.

You winners keep your eyes out for FedEx![/QUOTE]
Nice! That was definitely the best looking PC, I think.

Did they inform you ahead of time that it shipped? Or did it just show up?

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Nice! That was definitely the best looking PC, I think.

Did they inform you ahead of time that it shipped? Or did it just show up?[/QUOTE]

It just showed up. I was pretty surprised.

bread's done
Back