The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Does anybody know if Gamestop is supposed to charge tax for games if you pay with credit? I ask because I think someone mentioned it before in this thread and was curious seeing as how I was charged tax on my copies of octomania bought the other day with credit. Is this a state by state thing? I live in California.

Might be interested in this deal, for a potential flip if in need of a mat.
Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 Bundle got another 5$ price drop (19.99 iirc). If you're wanting a dance mat, you might look at getting the 20% off (edge + 10%) and trade in the game... but keep the mat.

Lists at 69.99 new, like eye of judgment. No idea about the TIV and phone is dead. Worth a look, though, if your local GS is giving away the mat with it... and not a disc-only copy.

EDIT: Second Spin lists a TIV of the DDR Universe 2 game for the 360 as 18.00. BBV typically has a higher TIV than SS, and if it results in a free DDR mat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Does anybody know if Gamestop is supposed to charge tax for games if you pay with credit? I ask because I think someone mentioned it before in this thread and was curious seeing as how I was charged tax on my copies of octomania bought the other day with credit. Is this a state by state thing? I live in California.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please add this answer to the first post? It's a state by state thing.

[quote name='confoosious']Can someone please add this answer to the first post? It's a state by state thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm not adding information about Gamestop charging tax or not to the Blockbuster thread. It's confusing enough as it is ;).

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Does anybody know if Gamestop is supposed to charge tax for games if you pay with credit? I ask because I think someone mentioned it before in this thread and was curious seeing as how I was charged tax on my copies of octomania bought the other day with credit. Is this a state by state thing? I live in California.[/quote]

As confoosious said, it's a state thing. I wish I had waited a day after buying my Wii, Wii Fit, and other stuff and bought it over in Jersey because they don't charge tax on credit purchases and I could've saved $30 picking all that stuff up there. But it doesn't really matter to me, since I ony spent $28 to start up my credit during the perfect storm.

Wow banned from GS Trading cause I trade in 2 copies of a few games... not even on the same day. I told him I buy doubles of games from them and he replied we only want one back....

I'm at a loss for words.

[quote name='DaFederal']Wow banned from GS Trading cause I trade in 2 copies of a few games... not even on the same day. I told him I buy doubles of games from them and he replied we only want one back....

I'm at a loss for words.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got Octo blocked today. I went to the same BBV and they said I've already traded those games before and they wouldn't take them. Oddly enough I saw none of my copies of the game on the shelves so I would assume they sold them. Ended up going to another BBV and they took the games BUT no longer worth $23 dollars so it was a rough day for me.

[quote name='DaFederal']Wow banned from GS Trading cause I trade in 2 copies of a few games... not even on the same day. I told him I buy doubles of games from them and he replied we only want one back....

I'm at a loss for words.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop or Gamerush? It would be very unusual for a GS to ban you for trading 2 copies of a few games. Hell, most of us have done anywhere from 2 to 10 copies of things like Spideman 3, Iridium Runners, etc during the last month. If you meant BB, though, that is a different matter.

TiV quotes - 8/4

History Channel: Battle For the Pacific (Wii) - $20
Fatal Inertia (360) - $28.50
Kane & Lynch (PS3) - $30
Stacked (XBOX) - $1
Onimusha 2 (PS2) - $1
Graffiti Kingdom (PS2) - $1.50
Harry Potter : Order of the Phoenix (PS2) - $2.50
Brave (PS2) - $2.50

[quote name='io']I'm not adding information about Gamestop charging tax or not to the Blockbuster thread. It's confusing enough as it is ;).[/QUOTE]

In that case, can I smack around anyone else who asks?

[quote name='io']Gamestop or Gamerush? It would be very unusual for a GS to ban you for trading 2 copies of a few games. Hell, most of us have done anywhere from 2 to 10 copies of things like Spideman 3, Iridium Runners, etc during the last month. If you meant BB, though, that is a different matter.[/quote]

Gamestop. Oddly enough I have built a pretty good rapport with the Blockbuster people. They don't even bat an eye at double copies from me.

[quote name='JAR']TiV quotes - 8/4

Harry Potter : Order of the Phoenix (PS2) - $2.50[/QUOTE]

That's unusually low for a game they sell for $10. I wonder if it had a price drop? It would make sense for them to lower the TIV on the B1G1 games but they hadn't done that so far.

In any case, take it to GS - you'll get $5 for it there before any bonus (I got $7 with the 40% for it yesterday).

DaFederal - that's just strange. Is this just at one store? You could just have one store manager on your case and could just avoid that store in the future. But if it was brought about by loss prevention during one of their computer searches then you ought to talk to the DM as someone a few pages back had to do - they got it cleared up almost immediately. You don't want them thinking you are trading stolen stuff. Just offer to show them receipts.

Since I'm done with the GS trading (assuming some other deal doesn't pop up here soon) it might take a while before I'd realize if they put a block on my account :lol:. I was good yesterday in any case. I suspect I will only be doing purchasing at GS for a long time to come, though. But who knows, they always surprise us with 1 or 2 good trade-in deals a year.

[quote name='io']Gamestop or Gamerush? It would be very unusual for a GS to ban you for trading 2 copies of a few games. Hell, most of us have done anywhere from 2 to 10 copies of things like Spideman 3, Iridium Runners, etc during the last month. If you meant BB, though, that is a different matter.[/quote]

Man a GS ban, I hope they don't check on me. If they do, they'll discover I've traded in more copies of Golden Compass, Manhunt 2, and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe then they've probably sold since they were released.

Io: Yeah I guess I left that part out. I talked to the Manager at the store because the salesperson that initially rejected me said that he was told that I was stealing from somebodies mom. That got me so fired up I demanded to speak the manager. The manager came out and said the salesperson had got it wrong and the person he was thinking of was not me. He told me my name was on the list sent out by the district manager. I remember reading the post a few pages back about someone else that had the same problem so I decided to get the DMs # and I left him a voice mail. He returned my call and spouted off that I traded spider-man and full-auto on one day then traded the same two games a few days later. He asked if they were both for 360. I told him yeah, I have 2 360's for network play (same excuse at BB) and that I buy multiples of games from GS all the time. It was obvious he wasn't calling to *talk* about it as he seemed very annoyed. In the end he Just stated that it was against company policy and that my games were not welcome there anymore. Never thought I'd get banned trading at GS before BB.

[quote name='DaFederal']Io: Yeah I guess I left that part out. I talked to the Manager at the store because the salesperson that initially rejected me said that he was told that I was stealing from somebodies mom. That got me so fired up I demanded to speak the manager. The manager came out and said the salesperson had got it wrong and the person he was thinking of was not me. He told me my name was on the list sent out by the district manager. I remember reading the post a few pages back about someone else that had the same problem so I decided to get the DMs # and I left him a voice mail. He returned my call and spouted off that I traded spider-man and full-auto on one day then traded the same two games a few days later. He asked if they were both for 360. I told him yeah, I have 2 360's for network play (same excuse at BB) and that I buy multiples of games from GS all the time. It was obvious he wasn't calling to *talk* about it as he seemed very annoyed. In the end he Just stated that it was against company policy and that my games were not welcome there anymore. Never thought I'd get banned trading at GS before BB.[/quote]

If you got receipts for those still. Keep 'em. DMs hold a lot of sway, but they're not the highest rung of the ladder. You can contact the 800 number and they're pretty knowledgeable on further actions you can take. Even if you're banned, just get another EDGE card at a different GS and start trading again. Basically a $15 fee for getting banned.

I'm at a loss for words.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm dealing with a similiar situation at a store in the OC. I tried to trade 3 spiderman's at a store that I frequent occasionally, the trade wouldn't go through for some reason and when I went back to the same store a few weeks later, the same guy told me he had spent some time researching the earlier problem only to discover that I had been banned in the system. The odd thing was that all the other stores i traded at were still accepting my trades. He then refused to give me his DM's number when I asked for it, so I left pissed. I happended to do a BB/GS flip today and mentioned it to the manager of my fav store. He told me first off the manager's are always supposed to give the DM's number when asked for it. And that most likely my ban was only at that store because that manager had somehow been spooked by my trading pattern. He plans on talking to that managers dm and ratting him out.

So the first thing I suggest is try to trade in a GS in a different district, most likely you're only banned in that dm's district. And why did you lie to GS anyway, just tell them the truth BB are having a B1G1 Free and your transferring credit for all the preorders you plan on making :)

got hit with my fist refurb fee today. but It was no big deal. Found GT5 for $16.99 today at an out of the way BB. all in all a decent day. Finally get to relax and play some games now that the "perfect storm" is over.

Thanks to IO and the rest of the CAG's for doing such and awesome job with the thread! :applause::booty:

FYI for the people being banned by GS for excessive trade ins, you can also be banned from GS from excessive buying. Currently im on ban from GS.com from buying multiple copies of the same game and buying in bulk. They blocked my credit card, address, and account id. Apparently if you are buying games not intended for personal use its against their policy and they can ban you. That means if they find proof you are buying games to sell on ebay or to trade in to another store they can ban you. This is what i was told by a GS.com rep.

[quote name='edostar44']Finally get to relax and play some games now that the "perfect storm" is over.

Thanks to IO and the rest of the CAG's for doing such and awesome job with the thread! :applause::booty:[/quote]

I second both these statements!!!!!!!

[quote name='david12795']So any good clearance gamecube games?[/quote]

Please wait more than 3 hours before asking the same question over and over. :roll:

[quote name='DaDeuce']You could even use the credit on a edge card to buy your new edge card....:whistle2:$[/quote]

:rofl:

Yeah, i was GS banned from using coupons. But today i was able to use the Madden one and yesterday i used the 10% off used. Pretty sure they won't stop me from doing pre-orders. LOL.

Anyway, i was going to get a new edge card and pair that up with my dads address and my work mobile number. I just gotta make sure they don't see my drivers license \\:D/

[quote name='david12795']So any good clearance gamecube games?[/quote]

I had a killer run on gamecube games but i now regret selling mario tennis. Is a new version for the wii coming out?

:gc:
1x Mario Baseballl
2x Smash Brothers Melee
1x Pikmin 2
1x Mario Tennis
1x Mario Party 4
2x Zelda Twilight Princess
2x Zelda Windwaker
4x Lego Star Wars 2

Yes, I kept the pikmin :)

Has anybody heard anything about GameRush getting the Fable 2 preorder bonus, Pub Games, that GameStop is getting? The sign that advertised that Fable 2 was available for preorder didn't mention it and the employee didn't know anything about it.

I guess I'll get it from GameStop if GR won't have them. It's weird because the first Fable came with a preorder disc that actually had GameRush printed on the cover.

[quote name='king007']FYI for the people being banned by GS for excessive trade ins, you can also be banned from GS from excessive buying. Currently im on ban from GS.com from buying multiple copies of the same game and buying in bulk. They blocked my credit card, address, and account id. Apparently if you are buying games not intended for personal use its against their policy and they can ban you. That means if they find proof you are buying games to sell on ebay or to trade in to another store they can ban you. This is what i was told by a GS.com rep.[/quote]

Thats very interesting, you must have really pushed the envelope to trigger that one, either that or you're the tip of the iceberg. The number of us who buy 5-10 copies of a single game each week must be in the 100+'s, I'm actually very open about what I'm doing at my local store and they do not have a problem with my trading habits. I feel a chill coming.

I've traded (at various stores on various days) roughly 15 copies of golden compass and about the same THPG and Manhunt 2 without any issues so far. Assuming that you have receipts to back up your purchases, just tell them that you contacted the BBB because of the ban and because the employee said you had stolen games when other customers were present in the store. But then play nice and tell the DM that you told the BBB you didn't want to file a complaint without first speaking to the DM again.

So how exactly does Gamestop ban someone from trading? Do they just ban the account linked to the edge card, or does the computer flag your name, address, etc? Is it coporate-wide, and what recourses does one have to lift it?

[quote name='david12795']So do you think they will BBV will still have some 1st party games for gamecube left?[/quote]
I've seen Mario Tennis/Kart/Golf available for rental, along with Super Smash Brothers, Pikmin 2, Mario Party 4/5/6, and Paper Mario. If those get converted to used, they're probably your best chances.

[quote name='stoned99']Thats very interesting, you must have really pushed the envelope to trigger that one, either that or you're the tip of the iceberg. The number of us who buy 5-10 copies of a single game each week must be in the 100+'s, I'm actually very open about what I'm doing at my local store and they do not have a problem with my trading habits. I feel a chill coming.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty shocked about my BBV not taking another duo of Octo's today. In comparison of some people that post here I'm very small time. Not sure if BBV is changing how they track what users trade in but never again will I be trading in more then two copies of a game at one BBV. Hopefully for the hardcore this isn't a policy change.

[quote name='JJSP']I've seen Mario Tennis/Kart/Golf available for rental, along with Super Smash Brothers, Pikmin 2, Mario Party 4/5/6, and Paper Mario. If those get converted to used, they're probably your best chances.[/quote]

All right. I'll head to my local BBV and see if they do. Thanks.

Picked up Killzone: Liberation for PSP for 9.99. Not bad to be able to get it for 5 bucks. I wish I found Blockbusters with more PSPs because their prices seem to be very awesome for some of the PSP stuff I've been able to find. RIP B1G1 free.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Picked up Killzone: Liberation for PSP for 9.99. Not bad to be able to get it for 5 bucks. I wish I found Blockbusters with more PSPs because their prices seem to be very awesome for some of the PSP stuff I've been able to find. RIP B1G1 free.[/quote]

In total agreement with you there. Luckily I've been hunting since Day 1 of this sale and have gotten 50+ PSP games this past month. I think there were only 5 I've seen that I didn't pick up a copy for myself because they were overpriced or not complete. I think they were SEGA Rally Revo, Alien vs. Predator Requiem, Smackdown vs. Raw 07, ATV Offroad Fury, and Outrun. I picked up a copy of everything else I've seen, but did not manage to find a Castlevania in all of my travels :cry:. Oh well, still got well over $500 worth of PSP titles for free.

By the way, if you guys want a way to convert GS or BB to cash, grab mario kart wii whenever you can. No loss on that, even after all ebay/paypal or amazon fees. I figure I will sell a couple more mario kart wiis to offset my initial cash outlay. Then sit on my $700 of credit for games I want and then flip if a good opportunity arises.

I feel like BB and GS are monitoring more closely so I will lay low on flipping for a couple of months. I don't really even need more credit.

When does GS change TIV? I saw several flippable games from BB but did not want to get them in case GS lowers the TIVs for these games tomorrow.

[quote name='stoned99']Thats very interesting, you must have really pushed the envelope to trigger that one, either that or you're the tip of the iceberg. The number of us who buy 5-10 copies of a single game each week must be in the 100+'s, I'm actually very open about what I'm doing at my local store and they do not have a problem with my trading habits. I feel a chill coming.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought it was already confirmed that if you hoard/buy too many copies of a single game at a time, you're flagged as a reseller. This has happened to a CAG before where they wouldn't allow him to renew his Edge card. I believe he bought many copies of Ico. I don't believe it matters per store, but if you walk up to the cash register with ten copies of Mario DDR, you may be asking for trouble.

Well, the B1G1 sale is essentially over (though on the west coast, there may be some last minute finds to be had). It's been extremely interesting and entertaining - I, for one, would never have had so much fun with a simple B1G1 sale full of ex-rentals. I can't wait for the next one, and I'd like to take a moment of silence for those we've lost along the way.

Okay, that's long enough. Bring on the new thread!

Wow. I did a last-minute run today, and burned about $150 in GS credit for a handful of flippable games, four seasons of Smallville, three of Teen Titans, season 1 of Wonder Showzen, and a handful of other DVDs...and right now I have DOZENs of games that have to go to GS that will net me another couple hundred in credit there, a couple more PSP games for me, and a big stack of PSP games for Goozex. Oh, and a couple of Iridium Runners and Soldier of Fortunes for GameCrazy.

I, sadly, had to spend $2 out of pocket when burning the last of my BBV credit.

This was truly epic.

[quote name='DaFederal']Io: Yeah I guess I left that part out. I talked to the Manager at the store because the salesperson that initially rejected me said that he was told that I was stealing from somebodies mom. That got me so fired up I demanded to speak the manager. The manager came out and said the salesperson had got it wrong and the person he was thinking of was not me. He told me my name was on the list sent out by the district manager. I remember reading the post a few pages back about someone else that had the same problem so I decided to get the DMs # and I left him a voice mail. He returned my call and spouted off that I traded spider-man and full-auto on one day then traded the same two games a few days later. He asked if they were both for 360. I told him yeah, I have 2 360's for network play (same excuse at BB) and that I buy multiples of games from GS all the time. It was obvious he wasn't calling to *talk* about it as he seemed very annoyed. In the end he Just stated that it was against company policy and that my games were not welcome there anymore. Never thought I'd get banned trading at GS before BB.[/QUOTE]

wow this is the opposite response I had from the DM I dealt with last week. He was falling over himself apologizing for the problem, and when I said I am a little uneasy doing business with them, he was "oh please don't feel that way". I was kinda surprised. Must be because a couple of the guys at the stores I go to stuck up for me saying there is NO WAY this guy is trading in stolen games...

[quote name='sj41']Has anybody heard anything about GameRush getting the Fable 2 preorder bonus, Pub Games, that GameStop is getting? The sign that advertised that Fable 2 was available for preorder didn't mention it and the employee didn't know anything about it.

I guess I'll get it from GameStop if GR won't have them. It's weird because the first Fable came with a preorder disc that actually had GameRush printed on the cover.[/QUOTE]

I preordered it at Gamestop because I assumed they wouldn't get those codes at BB.

OK, well, as I said earlier, I sat today out. I was hoping to get a lot of work done but that went down the tubes as, apparently, the entire state of Oregon lost the Internet all evening :lol:. At least that's what tech support at my cable company told me. So instead of running around all evening in our mini heat wave scrounging up the last remnants of good games at BB, or even wasting my time here on CAG, I spent all evening in nice cool air conditioning playing with the kids. Anyway, I'm back now but I have a lot of issues to deal with (my huge backup HD seems to be failing and I have work to catch up on). I'll make a new thread sometime soon though. I expect things to be much quieter around these parts for a while.

hey has anyone else bbvidoes been selling memory cards.
mine got Sony for the psp & the ps3, and scandisk for the wiis and ps3.
and Usb flash drives

hit a BBV after I ate lunch at work, was about .1 miles form where I work. Traded in the fatal inertia I got in the mail today, thank god it held at $28.50, and taht gave me about $74 total credit left.

They had a lot of NDs games marked 14.99 so I took a shot at one, this is what I ended up with
$14.99
Spyro: eternal night NDS
Harvest Moon: boy and girl PSP
Enchanted arms ps3 (mispriced, got 14.99)
SW battlefront II PS2
TH: PG 360
Halo 2 LE xbox

$9.99
Manhunt 2
lego SW 2
Golden compass 360
hot shos tennis PS2

plus all the crap I got left over from other BB trips. So not bad for 20 min of work.

Also had a weird occurance at BBV, I was talking to a manager that was training the cashier to do trade ins and he told me that they will beat any advertised price by 20% (highly YMMV)

Anyone else hear of this. I am going to go in tomorrow and just take in the best buy ad and see if he will actually give me 20% off, not new games he said priced at $60, but if gamestop/anywhere has a game advertised (flyer or newpaper ad) thats on sale, they'll beat the sale price.

I find this weird and will test it out tomorrow, I'll trade in like a blacksite and then try and buy a game on sale at best buy for 20% less, worth a shot. Thats what he told me to do...

edit: what does the club get at BBV now, like $9?

I asked both a BBV and Gamerush about price matching just a couple weeks ago. Can you ask your store if pm'ing is something all stores will do?

Yesterday I got a TIV for Dancing w/the Stars Wii over the phone ($30). When I traded it in, along with K&L, I got $26 for it. :whistle2:s Picked up Pokemon XD: GoD and Harvest Moon PSP at the same BB.

Later on, I went to another BB and was able to pick up Manhunt 2 PSP, IR, GC, SW:JK2, Spiderman FoF and Killzone PSP. I had problems with a jr detective who told me he couldn't check a price without finding the game first. He kept quoting me the wrong prices when I asked for a price check on MH2 PSP and KZ. He couldn't find Spyro PS2 and Manhunt 2 PS2. He also asked me where I had gotten the GCs I was using. :roll: :whistle2:s :headache: :bomb: Don't really think he wanted to honor the B1G1 an hour before closing.

Anyways, looks like we have now had TIV drops on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. WTF? Maybe this is the beginning of BB moving towards a GS-like way of handling TIVs. Looks like Saturday is now definitely "Dump" day.

[quote name='makstaks']I asked both a BBV and Gamerush about price matching just a couple weeks ago. Can you ask your store if pm'ing is something all stores will do?[/QUOTE]

I will test it out tomorrow morning and post my results tomorrow night. But from what he told me its YMMV, or maybe its a franchise store or something. I will get more info for you guys tomorrow night hopefully.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I will test it out tomorrow morning and post my results tomorrow night. But from what he told me its YMMV, or maybe its a franchise store or something. I will get more info for you guys tomorrow night hopefully.[/quote]

Which store is this? Did you find those copies of Twin Snakes again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back