The Cabin in the Woods

[quote name='shieryda']
By the way, what did everyone who saw "Cabin" think of the new trailer for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"? I cannot freaking wait to see that movie.[/QUOTE]

That movie will either suck complete ass or be really good. Hope it's the latter.

Convinced a co-worker to go see the movie last night. She really enjoyed it.

Domestic Total as of Apr. 24, 2012: $28,839,977

Saw it last night, loved it. Reading about it and hating on it is god damn dumb. Go see the movie and how it's presented.

got it for free last night out of redbox and hated it... could of been so much better

what is worse heard they are thinking of doing a paranormal activity thing

(where the movie goes backwards where part 2 came before part 1. part 3 came before part 2 ect)

just an awful movie with so many plot holes it was not funny

(like the system purge, sorry but your going to need a key or pass code to do that)

those saying it was like

evil dead.... evil dead is a billion times better then this (well the 3rd part sucked ) 2nd part was okay

cabin fever... again i would watch fever 100 x before paying to see this again.. the first one 2nd one i run screaming from

it was just a very poor rip off of everyone elses ideas

[quote name='slidecage']evil dead.... evil dead is a billion times better then this (well the 3rd part sucked ) 2nd part was okay[/QUOTE]

I was ok with your whole rant until I got to this part. People are comparing Cabin to Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, not really the first Evil Dead, because they're horror with a lot of comedic elements. Since you didn't like them, you wouldn't have liked Cabin, where everything is done tongue in cheek. But really, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are fucking amazing and you should feel bad for liking the first one better. But then again, you're slidecage, so who knows what's going on in your head.

[quote name='slidecage']

it was just a very poor rip off of everyone elses ideas[/QUOTE]

Totally dude. Like how spaceballs just ripped off Star Wars.

[quote name='tcrash247']I was ok with your whole rant until I got to this part. People are comparing Cabin to Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, not really the first Evil Dead, because they're horror with a lot of comedic elements. Since you didn't like them, you wouldn't have liked Cabin, where everything is done tongue in cheek. But really, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are fucking amazing and you should feel bad for liking the first one better. But then again, you're slidecage, so who knows what's going on in your head.[/QUOTE]

i have to go back and watch part 2 i think it was good but not really sure (cause it was years ago)

I know for a fact i hated ARMY of darkness cause they took a very good horror series and made it into a joke

i still stand and say the movie was very bad , too much crap going on too freaking dark ect ect ect. i just hope they dont start making the movies go backwards . Like i said movie could of been so much better but the entire ZOMBIE thing is so wore out its not even funny.

it would of been neat in a way if one of the extras on the DVD or RAY was how each creature would of been unlocked

[quote name='slidecage']i have to go back and watch part 2 i think it was good but not really sure (cause it was years ago)

I know for a fact i hated ARMY of darkness cause they took a very good horror series and made it into a joke

i still stand and say the movie was very bad , too much crap going on too freaking dark ect ect ect. i just hope they dont start making the movies go backwards . Like i said movie could of been so much better but the entire ZOMBIE thing is so wore out its not even funny.

it would of been neat in a way if one of the extras on the DVD or RAY was how each creature would of been unlocked[/QUOTE]

I know, who wants comedy in a horror movie? They should have made 10 Evil Dead movies, all the same as the first! Would have never gotten old!

You're all so fuc*ing stupid. Did you not understand it was making fun of other horror movies? It was a fantastic film. Bunch of middle schoolers who can't comprehend anything.

[quote name='computingwarren']You're all so fuc*ing stupid. Did you not understand it was making fun of other horror movies? It was a fantastic film. Bunch of middle schoolers who can't comprehend anything.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the joke within the joke, new guy.

[quote name='computingwarren']You're all so fuc*ing stupid. Did you not understand it was making fun of other horror movies? It was a fantastic film. Bunch of middle schoolers who can't comprehend anything.[/QUOTE]

maybe in your mind it was a fantastic film i still say it sucked and this is why people never took the horror idea serious.. My cousin kids just entered high school and taking drama as one of their classes and she goes I will not accept anything horror cause its just plain stupid . bring back the Classic horror movies and not crap like this and then push it into HORROR CAT.

then again people think paranormal activity is so good they got to keep making more parts to them even though once you seen part 1 there is no reason to see any other part

[quote name='slidecage']maybe in your mind it was a fantastic film i still say it sucked and this is why people never took the horror idea serious.. My cousin kids just entered high school and taking drama as one of their classes and she goes I will not accept anything horror cause its just plain stupid . bring back the Classic horror movies and not crap like this and then push it into HORROR CAT.

then again people think paranormal activity is so good they got to keep making more parts to them even though once you seen part 1 there is no reason to see any other part[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I love this thread. Slidecage has no f'ing clue what cabin in the woods is about and new guy has no clue what slidecage is about.

High comedy.

rented this a day or so ago and its worth seeing if youre into horror or a fan of whedons stuff. damn shame it ended how it did id have liked to see more but the idea was very fresh. that said i can see why people would be disappointed reminds me of blue chips people were expecting this big badass sports movie full of action and dunks and got something more cerebral than that.

Saw this in theaters when it came out. Loved the hell out of it and recommended to everyone. Cabin in the Woods and Chronicles were my 2 favorite surprises this year.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Saw this in theaters when it came out. Loved the hell out of it and recommended to everyone. Cabin in the Woods and Chronicles were my 2 favorite surprises this year.[/QUOTE]

hey little off topic but on Chronicles

if they can die why didnt that one person get killed when the bus hit them?

[quote name='slidecage']hey little off topic but on Chronicles

if they can die why didnt that one person get killed when the bus hit them?[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned earlier in the film that they had "force fields" of sort. It was demonstrate when Andrew slammed the fork into his cousin's hand.

[quote name='lokizz']damn shame it ended how it did id have liked to see more but the idea was very fresh.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It was a bold choice, but I would have liked the chance for a sequel. Apparently they're going to do some prequels which is way more meh.

Just finished watching it and thought it was good. The ending was weak though. The scenes when the creatures get released was great. I loved how they ripped off Hellraiser with the dude with the circular saw blades in his head. The clown was a bit like Stephen King's It.

When I went to see it, I actually thought it was a straight-faced horror movie. Left confused at what I just saw. But my date was a HUGE Buffy fan and explained the director's style. It actually made sense then and I want to watch again with that new knowledge.

[quote name='slidecage']movie sort of grows on you when you watch it a second time but still was expecting more[/QUOTE]
It's not the movie's fault if your expectations were off

Yeah, I don't get how people can be upset with the flick. From the opening scene where they're in the golf cart and all of a sudden the big blood red letters "THE CABIN IN THE WOODS" hit out of nowhere, you know it's not a typical scary flick.

By the time of the speakerphone call, I don't know how anyone can take the movie seriously. (And I don't mean that in a bad way.) I guess what makes the difference is if you think that stuff (like the stoner saying things like "DON'T READ THE LATIN") is funny. I did, so I liked it.

I mean, I know that you can accuse it of being too smart and smug for its own good. "too meta" or whatever. But between the stoner and the cutaways to the directors, that's fun. A little easy, but still fun. Enjoy it.

[quote name='camoor']I agree. It was a bold choice, but I would have liked the chance for a sequel. Apparently they're going to do some prequels which is way more meh.[/QUOTE]

i figured that would be the way they would go about doing more films that said heres to hoping they show how they even set that whole deal up or just show how some of the other countries dealt with it as well as some of those countries
monsters. i could see the prequel maybe focusing on japan considering how much they were mentioned in the film.

[quote name='lokizz']i figured that would be the way they would go about doing more films that said heres to hoping they show how they even set that whole deal up or just show how some of the other countries dealt with it as well as some of those countries
monsters. i could see the prequel maybe focusing on japan considering how much they were mentioned in the film.
[/QUOTE]

i hope its not japan.. knowing them they will DUB it making it look more stupid

also what horror movie was the unicorn out of

[quote name='slidecage']i hope its not japan.. knowing them they will DUB it making it look more stupid

also what horror movie was the unicorn out of[/QUOTE]

Just, stop, please.

[quote name='dothog']Yeah, I don't get how people can be upset with the flick. From the opening scene where they're in the golf cart and all of a sudden the big blood red letters "THE CABIN IN THE WOODS" hit out of nowhere, you know it's not a typical scary flick.

By the time of the speakerphone call, I don't know how anyone can take the movie seriously. (And I don't mean that in a bad way.) I guess what makes the difference is if you think that stuff (like the stoner saying things like "DON'T READ THE LATIN") is funny. I did, so I liked it.

I mean, I know that you can accuse it of being too smart and smug for its own good. "too meta" or whatever. But between the stoner and the cutaways to the directors, that's fun. A little easy, but still fun. Enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I think they hit on damn near everything someone would want or think when watching a horror movie. Just like when the blond was taking her top off. The way the two in the control room were acting is the way most teenage boys would act. It is like they were trying to direct it all for the audience watching and at times I thought they were going to go against the 3rd rule.

[quote name='lokizz']i figured that would be the way they would go about doing more films that said heres to hoping they show how they even set that whole deal up or just show how some of the other countries dealt with it as well as some of those countries
[/QUOTE]

I could see it poking fun at Japanese horror or maybe go with more American horror.

[quote name='camoor']I agree. It was a bold choice, but I would have liked the chance for a sequel. Apparently they're going to do some prequels which is way more meh.[/QUOTE]

If they are doing prequels, it is going to be without Whedon. The whole movie was a send up of the horror genre. He clearly ended it the way he did so that it would not be a franchise.

I really enjoyed it because it worked on so many levels. It is a satire with some great writing. My favorites being the "speakerphone" scene and elephant v. elephant seal.

I think the stoner made the movie. The movie was intended to be a joke and it did a great job at that.

[quote name='dothog']Yeah, I don't get how people can be upset with the flick. From the opening scene where they're in the golf cart and all of a sudden the big blood red letters "THE CABIN IN THE WOODS" hit out of nowhere, you know it's not a typical scary flick.

I mean, I know that you can accuse it of being too smart and smug for its own good. "too meta" or whatever. But between the stoner and the cutaways to the directors, that's fun. A little easy, but still fun. Enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

cause in the promos )tv ads) they showed before the movie came out MADE IT looks like a true horror movie ..

[quote name='UjnHunter']I enjoyed it... but hated the characters. Annoying stoner especially. 3 out of 5.[/QUOTE]

Really? The stoner made the movie!
He was the only one that had a clue what was really going on (or first to figure it out at least).

[quote name='whoknows']Whedon did everything. Just like Spielberg did the Transformers movies.[/QUOTE]
And real steel. Spielberg makes all these great movies that have robots.

[quote name='slidecage']cause in the promos )tv ads) they showed before the movie came out MADE IT looks like a true horror movie ..[/QUOTE]

The ads a week or two before the movie came out and after it came out gave some of it away. I remember seeing them thinking it was a horror movie then the scene with the bird hitting the grid was in one of them about two weeks before it came out and I was confused. After that other parts were in it and I found out it was a horror/comedy like Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil.

bread's done
Back