CAG 4.0 The CAG 4.0 Soft Launch Alpha/Beta Thread of Excitement, Feedback, and Bugs

The place for CAG 4.0 feature discussion and bug reporting.
Yes, the CAG deals last three items are 1 from November and 2 from August. The video game deals feed does not work at all. Will these be updated at some point to function?

I was just using a site that converted Twitter to an RSS feed until Elon killed that, so I have done without for a while now.
Try Nitter. Converts Twitter to RSS just fine.

Highest compliments to CheapyD and his team of programmers. Like the new site - better front page, intuitive interface and simpler navigation! Two thumbs up!

Yes, the CAG deals last three items are 1 from November and 2 from August. The video game deals feed does not work at all. Will these be updated at some point to function?

I was just using a site that converted Twitter to an RSS feed until Elon killed that, so I have done without for a while now.
I’ll fix that today. Fixed.

Last edited:
I see you made the conversion to xenforo 2. Just make sure you keep it up to date from the XF.

Its faster, its smoother, its blazing fast.

John seems to know how to maximize the speed of the forum in conjunction with the server.

man dollar GIF

sci-fi running GIF by MANGOTEETH

I seem to have lost access to my old account (redvsblue). First it wouldn’t recognize my password (which was saved in Apple passwords app, so I know it was correct) then when I tried to reset my password it told me the email address associated with my account was incorrect.

I ended up making this new one but kind of sucks to get locked out of an almost 20 year old account.
I also couldn't log in using my previous credentials. I'm not here frequently so there's a *slight* chance I misremembered my password, but pretty sure I had it correct. I was able to reset, though. I'm wondering if the change to a minimum password length had something to do with it, as my old password didn't meet the requirement. If so, there are gentler ways of dealing with it, like allowing login with the old password and then requiring a password update.

Otherwise, haven't spent much time here yet but kudos for not forgetting about the site, continuing to put work into it, and welcoming feedback.

Hello. I wanted to leave feedback for a member. They bough a few Steam keys from me, but I cannot leave positive feedback to them. I can leave feedback to others that already has previous feedback, but not for this member, as they don't seem to have any.

Is it possible to whitelist sites like Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox, etc so we can click to a sale without having to go through "You're leaving CAG to visit an external site." first. It's one extra click, but a little annoying.

Will our old collection info still be retained when it rolls over to the new version? I was in the middle of adding everything I had already logged into CAG into Collectorz. T_T

Howdy! It’s been nearly a year since I last logged on. I’m in the midst of a trade and just found out…. all of my feedback of the past is gone 😵. Is there anyway I can retrieve it?

The thing where clicking on a thread to go to the newest post of a thread that hasn't had a new post in a while (3+ months?), but instead takes you to the opening post / first page seems to have carried over from 3.0.

Also, as stated before, please do something to visually make more apparent the difference between a thread with new posts vs. NO new posts. Simply "bold" is not enough.

Something that has happened to me three different times now:

When I insert an image into a new post, and then I go to edit the wording of the post afterwards, it breaks the image contained inside.

Like you can still see the image if you were to quote the post. But the main page / weblink displays a broken post with no image. So editing a post seems to break the inserted file. Or break the twitter re-post.

I've run into an odd issue a couple times now. Alerts for a thread I watch (Playstations Deals....) seem to stop working so I don't get the alert showing that there were new posts since my last visit. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it looks like there may have been some spam posts in there that were removed which may affect the alert on the thread?

bread's done
Back