The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Platted Assassin's Creed Syndicate and finished Akiba's Beat. I've been working on longer games lately so I don't have as many updates.

Here's my priority list:

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Bulletstorm
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Mass Effect Andromeda

Hoping to finish all of those by June 25th to get a 60% bonus on trade in to GS.
Corg, I wish I could talk you out of Mass Effect. I don't want to be that guy.

wait ...

GS has a 60% bonus for trade ins?

Corg, I wish I could talk you out of Mass Effect. I don't want to be that guy.

wait ...

GS has a 60% bonus for trade ins?
Lol. It's totally cool. I'm probably going to blast through it, enjoy some poorly done facial animations get a good laugh and get rid of it. Also, right now GameStop has 50%+(10% for PUR members) bonus on trades when you purcahse any preowned item. I recommend picking up something in the $0.99 to $1.99 range to maximize the amount that you get for your games. This promo ends June 25th.

Lol. It's totally cool. I'm probably going to blast through it, enjoy some poorly done facial animations get a good laugh and get rid of it. Also, right now GameStop has 50%+(10% for PUR members) bonus on trades when you purcahse any preowned item. I recommend picking up something in the $0.99 to $1.99 range to maximize the amount that you get for your games. This promo ends June 25th.
wow. thanks.

Beat the Tekken 7 story mode, pretty good for a fighting game story. It got a little wacky at times though, and had weird plot holes. The individual character stories are super disappointing though, we don't even get artwork or good CGI, just a 15 second cutscene for each character after one battle. The Tekken lore is so interesting too, sad to see them waste that potential like this.

Yea. I would need a break from Souls, too.

And Nioh, for that matter.

Dragon Age is so great. I recommend reading a bit up on builds. You can really mess up a character if you don't build it correctly. I found Crushing Prison to be one of the most OP moves. (mage)

I went duel wield rogue. Once you get them leveled correctly, you can backstab people in the face, which are crits. Murders enemies so fast.

You're so lucky you haven't played that game. One of the best ever made. The rest of them, not so much.
The only one I've ever played was Dragon Age Inquisition, and I loved that game. The world is so huge and detailed in that one, the graphics were amazing, and there were so many variations in the game it never got old. A lot of different classes, and each class has sub classes and different moves. Then you have different mounts and can pick different partners. Different decisions made will change the story too.

I know that there's been a huge amount of praise for the original Dragon Age, and while it seems to be a masterpiece, it's a pretty old game by this point that I don't see myself being able to play it without getting picky about it's age. I know that the stories are connected well, and progress/story decisions carry over, so if anyone is looking to run through the trilogy, that might be a good reason to do so. I think progress only carries over on PC and Xbox though.

Beat the Tekken 7 story mode, pretty good for a fighting game story. It got a little wacky at times though, and had weird plot holes. The individual character stories are super disappointing though, we don't even get artwork or good CGI, just a 15 second cutscene for each character after one battle. The Tekken lore is so interesting too, sad to see them waste that potential like this.

The only one I've ever played was Dragon Age Inquisition, and I loved that game. The world is so huge and detailed in that one, the graphics were amazing, and there were so many variations in the game it never got old. A lot of different classes, and each class has sub classes and different moves. Then you have different mounts and can pick different partners. Different decisions made will change the story too.

I know that there's been a huge amount of praise for the original Dragon Age, and while it seems to be a masterpiece, it's a pretty old game by this point that I don't see myself being able to play it without getting picky about it's age. I know that the stories are connected well, and progress/story decisions carry over, so if anyone is looking to run through the trilogy, that might be a good reason to do so. I think progress only carries over on PC and Xbox though.
I love the original Dragon Age because of its game play. Even by today's standard's it's still amazing and requires deep thought into executing tactics. That's why I love it so much. And DA:I wasn't that bad, you're right. I personally disliked it because it promised strategy like Origins, but never delivered.

The story in DA:O is great, too. And I'm not one who really cares about story. You should really give it a shot; you can get the delux with all the DLC and everything for cheap these days.

I love the original Dragon Age because of its game play. Even by today's standard's it's still amazing and requires deep thought into executing tactics. That's why I love it so much. And DA:I wasn't that bad, you're right. I personally disliked it because it promised strategy like Origins, but never delivered.

The story in DA:O is great, too. And I'm not one who really cares about story. You should really give it a shot; you can get the delux with all the DLC and everything for cheap these days.
Sounds like it would be a good game to get remastered.

Thanks! I might go and try it out sometime!

Yeah, I loved the lore and story in Dragon Age so much. During my DA:I playthrough, I actually went online and literally read the entire story for both Origins and Awakening. There was a lot of references to the old games, especially Morrigan's character who wasn't a big player in DA:I but was super interesting. I spent hours just reading up quest synopses, character backgrounds, and fan theories. They put so much work into the lore of this series.

And you are definitely right about the strategy element missing. A lot of the really strong characters, especially the mages, can just spam spells, recover mp, and rinse and repeat, with AOE spells that will dominate. There is a top down/time stop mode that will make it similar to a turn-based RPG. I never really used it, same for the one in FFXV but I can imagine it making things a little more strategic. That being said though, it's still one of my favorite games of all time, just on story and the consequences of your actions alone. If there is ever another Dragon Age game, I might run through the series again, maybe just with Origins since it gets such high praise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only ever played the first Dragon Age game. It was alright, but I never beat it.

I did finish up the last two dungeons and beat Ganon in Twilight Princess HD last night. It was a decent Zelda game, but Windwaker is still my favorite of the traditional Zelda games. My least favorite part was the horse riding combat. Ugh. That last part where you fight Ganon on horseback took me forever.

I also beat Resident Evil 5 yesterday. Probably the shortest Resident Evil game there is, and my very least favorite of the series, although I still haven't played RE6 or the new 7 yet.

Next up on the backlog list is Assassin's Creed Unity and RE: Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles. I love on-rails shooters.

I've been playing Thief for a few days. It is like assassins creed (if you are a shitty fighter) crossed with metal gear. I tend to play even FPS stealthy, so I do like it. I wish it was easier to get around the city. I find myself going through the same places 100 times trying to get around. You can't even set a waypoint for yourself on the map. I had to look up where to buy thief supplies as you meet a guy early on and I couldn't find him again until I was 3-4 missions in. I haven't played the dishonored series yet, but I am hoping it is "thief light".
I absolutely adored Dishonored and have all stealth no detections played it a few times, but for some reason I couldn't get into Dishonored 2. I downloaded it a few months ago when the first three levels were free, but something about it didn't click for me. I might give it another shot once I'm done replaying Witcher 3 new game +

I absolutely adored Dishonored and have all stealth no detections played it a few times, but for some reason I couldn't get into Dishonored 2. I downloaded it a few months ago when the first three levels were free, but something about it didn't click for me. I might give it another shot once I'm done replaying Witcher 3 new game +
My greatest claim of fame is clean hands!

But no detections! Wow. That takes skill.

Couldn't get into D2 as much, either, but I plan on revisiting it if I can snag for $15 or so. Got about 60% through and then BB offered me like $40 for it and I traded it in.

My greatest claim of fame is clean hands!

But no detections! Wow. That takes skill.

Couldn't get into D2 as much, either, but I plan on revisiting it if I can snag for $15 or so. Got about 60% through and then BB offered me like $40 for it and I traded it in.
Let me know if you like it better the second go around!

I've hit a wall on Thief (there is a point in the game where you can't go back until you finish it, so I wanted to do some cleanup). I decided to replay the 1st mission and I still missed something. I consider myself to be thorough, but apparently not enough for the devs of thief.

Let me know if you like it better the second go around!
I liked the game.

Now knowing what I know, I'd say it's a terrific game for $20 but not a terrific Day 1 game -- if that makes sense.

I should clarify ..

I was enjoying it, but when BB offered me like $40 for it I had to trade it in. I knew the price would go down and I believe some other games were coming out that I was more excited about. Def worth playing, but not as good as first, IMO.

Actually have the itch to play it right now ...

I've beaten Breath of the Wild and God of War Ascension recently. I just got Titanfall 2 and Dragon Quest Builders. Those will be my next two.

Update: I ordered Dishonored 2 after talking about it here from Amazon for $20; comes tomorrow and I had a $5 credit. 

Thanks backlog support group. 

I've still got Dishonored 1 on my backlog. I'll get around to it eventually....

I'm giving up on AC: Unity. The story is boring, and the controls (especially the parkour/climbing) is terrible. I loved AC IV, but Unity is a step in the wrong direction. And that map, omg, so many collectibles/side-quest/crap. I was scared to climb up to sync more viewpoints just to keep the map from looking like a mess. Maybe I'll get back to it eventually, but right now, there's just so many other backlog games, that I'm not gonna waste any more time with it.

Beat some PS4 games and got Prey on PC as well which I will beat it on as well. As strange as it sounds I like beating and owning my favorites on PC as well because I will eventually sell the PS4. Got Evil Within PC after hearing about a Resident Evil 4 clone and the newest River City Ransom Knight Game 3DS.

Edit Beat Evil Within on 360 a while back.....

Edit Disliked the River City Knight of Justice game no levels just equipment and a strange setting also disliked the Ever Oasis demo so I won't be getting that. Just got three games in my backlog now.

Beaten 24
Playing Overwatch PC Prey PC
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy PS4
Future Purchases Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy PS4 Revolution PS4 Hey! Pikmin 3DS

Just went back and finished Resistance 3. Great story and a short one to get through. The guns in it are fantastic and there feels like a need for each and every one of them. The way the ammo is distributed through the game really encourages you to use them all as well. 

Decided next up is Beyond Good & Evil. Missed out on the excitement of the E3 trailer for the sequel so figured I should catch up. Seems cool after the first hour or so. 

Hey all and Corg, EvilChamp sent me.  Copy + pasting my post from collector's edition thread:

Hey all just wanted to check in and say hey. Purchased my first collectors edition this year (Battlefield 1 super cheap on Amazon) and quickly followed by Horizon Zero Dawn collectors edition at launch. I didn't know what I started.

I went quiet until the last couple weeks when I decided I wanted to start a collection of statues, figures, and other goodies from special editions. Heres my current list as of now with more on the way.

The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition statue + art book + comic + strategy guide
Battlefield 1 complete collectors edition
Horizon ZD complete collectors edition
Horizon ZD complete thunderjaw edition

Hitman complete collectors edition

CoD Black Ops complete collectors edition

Ghost Recon Wildlands complete Ghost Nomad edition

Bloodborne Diorama from PS Gear store
The Last Guardian CE statue + art book
Uncharted 4 CE statue + art book
Killzone 3 CE helmet + figure + art book
Infamous 2 CE statue + comic
LittleBigPlanet 2 CE bookends
LittleBigPlanet 3 BestBuy free sackboy plush
God of War Ascension CE figure
Resistance 2 CE figure + art book + bonus disk
The Order 1886 CE statue bookend + art book with vial
Gran Turismo 5 CE car
Skylanders Spyro figure
Fallout 4 CE Pip Boy case only
Assassins Creed 3 CE figure
The Division CE art book
Destiny 3D printed ghost + lootcrate class patches
CoD4 Modern Warfare art book

Beat Hell on Earth difficulty for Killing Floor 2, close to platinuming that game. Same for Tekken 7, 1 trophy away from Plat.

After that, I'll probably go back to Horizon: Zero Dawn. I hate having to go back to games after really long breaks, I feel like I forgot most of the controls and the story thus far.

Beat Hell on Earth difficulty for Killing Floor 2, close to platinuming that game. Same for Tekken 7, 1 trophy away from Plat.

After that, I'll probably go back to Horizon: Zero Dawn. I hate having to go back to games after really long breaks, I feel like I forgot most of the controls and the story thus far.
How hard was Hell on Earth?

How hard was Hell on Earth?
It's insanely difficult, I don't even think its possible to do it legit. But I was in a room with someone doing the corner glitch and he took down the boss pretty easily. I feel like you have to cheat, or have the best possible team and perfect coordination running in circles and shooting backwards. Other than that, it's impossible, cheating is the easiest and best way to get the trophy.

I will say, Berserker seems to be the best class right now. Most of the high level players that survive all use Berserker and can take down armies of Zeds by themselves. Also with melee weapons, if you do the glitch you'll never run out of ammo which makes it waaaaay easier.

Someone check the temperature in hell :cold:

Shelved (completed) :shock:

+ Batman - The TellTale Series

+ The Wolf Among Us

+ 四女神オンライン Cyber Dimension Neptune

+ Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

Sooo close...

+ Minecraft: Story Mode (DLC left)

Backlog

+ Persona 5

+ √Letter

+ Danganronpa 1・2 Reload

+ Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

+ Darksiders - Warmastered Edition

+ Darksiders II - Deathinitive Edition

+ Touhou Double Focus

+ Valley

So, thoughts. Batman was good but suffered heavily from technical difficulties (heavy stuttering, Martha Wayne missing her hair model...). The Wolf Among Us is still one of my favorite TellTale games. Cyber Dimension Neptune is pretty bland if you're looking for gameplay, but if you're a franchise fan you'll probably like it. The Unreal 4 engine does some nice things for the world. Noire is a grindfest supreme with a side of grindamole. If you like strategy RPGs, you'll probably love it. If you hate them like me, you'll curse your existence when going for the plat. Minecraft was good but the main story ending seemed rushed.

For the fourth time in my life, I've picked up a copy of Deus Ex Human Revolution. 

Once for PC

Once for PS3

Once again for PS3, but this time it was a digital download 

And now for the Wii U. 

EDIT: I should note that each time I've played it, I've stopped at about the same spot every time; maybe 70% complete. I don't kill anyone.

The Wii U lured me because it was like $12 and I think the idea of the gamepad is neat (you can see maps and enemies, hacking, etc). 

Plus, it came with the DLC and I've never played it. Not a fan of Mankind Divided; man was that game booooring. 

Dark Souls II: SotFS UPDATE:

I have been wrecking this game, save for a few frustrations I put on myself trying to go too fast. So I have made it through:

Forest of Fallen Giants
Heide's Tower of Flame
No Man's Wharf
The Lost Bastille
Belfry Luna
Sinner's Rise
Huntsman's Copse
Undead Purgatory
Harvest Valley
Earthen Peak

I'm about to go through the Iron Keep.

I already defeated one of the four Lords - the Lost Sinner - and when I found out who it was...WOW! I hope there is more significance that unpacks this later. There were so many bosses I defeated, I will update later.

I'm going for a balanced sorcery, dex, and dark hex build which is working out quite nicely.

I have to admit so far I'm really enjoying Dark Souls II: SotFS. It's a good mix of Dark Souls and Demon's Soul with Majula being the hub world and the Emerald Herald like the Maiden in Black.

With so much I've already done I wonder how much more I have left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn and Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition. I just started Dragon Quest Heroes The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below and I'm loving it so far. 

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn and Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition. I just started Dragon Quest Heroes The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below and I'm loving it so far.
What are your thoughts re: Horizon ZD?

I'm just wondering if the game is challenging and if there are cool upgrades, play styles you can get. Thanks Corg

What are your thoughts re: Horizon ZD?

I'm just wondering if the game is challenging and if there are cool upgrades, play styles you can get. Thanks Corg
It's definitely challenging. The upgrades are okay, nothing to spectacular, but they do determine if you're going to be more combat based or stealthy. I might be crushed for saying this, but if you like the Far Cry series I see no reason why you wouldn't like Horizon ZD.

It's definitely challenging. The upgrades are okay, nothing to spectacular, but they do determine if you're going to be more combat based or stealthy. I might be crushed for saying this, but if you like the Far Cry series I see no reason why you wouldn't like Horizon ZD.
Totally. I once liked the FC series, when 3 and blood dragon came out. After that, though, I never could get back into them. It became more of the same and there wasn't so much innovation in later installments. Think I'm going to wait.

Side note, I'm am really enjoying Dishonored 2. I stopped playing it a while ago, but picked up at Chapter 5. Wow. There are so many different ways to tackle missions and the maps are huge. Really enjoying it so far. I think someone here said something about D2 that made me pick it up again ... I don't kill anyone in this game, either. Makes for a good challenge!

Beat Prey PC so much better on PC but after my second playthrough I dislike the combat even more. Got Valkyria Revolution and going to get Crash Friday.

Edit: Giving up on Valkyria it got boring fast.

Edit: Got Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Crash

Beaten 25
Playing Overwatch PC Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy PS4 Mighty Gunvolt Burst 3DS
Future Purchases Hey! Pikmin 3DS

Backlog

+ Danganronpa 1・2 Reload

+ Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Instead of working on my backlog this weekend, I binged my way through Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy (Future, Despair, and Hope Arcs). They wrapped the story up so well, I kinda don't see where they go with Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony. Still getting it though!

Totally. I once liked the FC series, when 3 and blood dragon came out. After that, though, I never could get back into them. It became more of the same and there wasn't so much innovation in later installments. Think I'm going to wait.

Side note, I'm am really enjoying Dishonored 2. I stopped playing it a while ago, but picked up at Chapter 5. Wow. There are so many different ways to tackle missions and the maps are huge. Really enjoying it so far. I think someone here said something about D2 that made me pick it up again ... I don't kill anyone in this game, either. Makes for a good challenge!
I did a no powers run to learn the maps, then I pushed through one of those kill no one and never be seen runs, and finally I gleefully did a kill basically everything, collectible run to get the plat and channel my frustration of reloading so many saves from the earlier run. Overall I really enjoyed dishonored 2 as well.

Got the platinum for Tekken 7 and Killing Floor 2. If anyone collects trophies, I highly suggest those 2, since they are easy to get and fun while getting it.

Gonna work on Horizon next, and currently playing through the Injustice 1 story mode so I can move onto the Injustice 2 story mode with more context.

I'm currently at 22 platinum trophies, gonna wait until I have 24 to platinum IA/VT since the PSNProfiles site displays every 5th platinum you get.

I finished Killzone: Shadow Fall. The first half was kind of dull, but I enjoyed the second half. I liked the way the levels looked, and the shootouts were more fun. I picked it up for $5.00 during a PSN sale a while ago. It was a decent one-and-done playthrough for that price.

A funny thing about playing it now is you're reminded it's a game that came out within the first six months of the PS4's release because it actually uses swiping on the touch pad.

I've finished up Suikoden IV. I was about 2/3rds thru it when I took a break from it, and plowed thru the last 3rd. Certainly, it is my least favorite of the Suikoden series. It did get better the longer I played it and the more time I got used to its quirks, but still, the story is dull, the characters are shallow, the random encounter rate is annoyingly high, and the voice acting was pretty terrible. The music was okay when it was present but there were a few times in the game when stuff was happening and there was no music at all and the lack of it just made everything feel empty, especially during the ending cutscenes. I hope Suikoden V can redeem the series, but I'm gonna play something else before I get to it.

I've also finished up RE: Umbrella Chronicles on the Wii and about to start on Darkside Chronicles.

I've got a few short vacation trips planned for the next couple months, so I think I'm gonna work on my handheld RPG backlog. Need to finish DQ VII, and I recently picked up Bravely Second.

Spent the entire day beating Crash which I will soon trade in damn TIV is $15 though did not 100% but I just suck at it now. Spent so many lives on some stages I started running into trouble on Hog Wild and then my god Slippery Climb was impossible. I skipped Warped because I beat it so many times. Probably the easiest of the three but the one I most enjoyed after 2 then 1. Onto Mighty Gunvolt Burst then waiting for Pikimin 3DS.

Edit: Damn the bosses are hard maybe I just suck but I beat Mighty No 9.

Edit: Replayed some levels of Crash for the PS1 copies they are easier for me maybe it is the controls or something but the PS1 crash games are far easier or control better perhaps. Regardless maybe the graphics have improved but my skill is terrible in the remasters.

Beaten 26
Playing Overwatch PC Mighty Gunvolt Burst 3DS
Future Purchases Hey! Pikmin 3DS

Hey all -- 

Just an update from me. I've been on the SNES Mini Pre Order forum, so forgive my signature =)

So, I finally beat Dishonored 2. A few things: 

• I played it on Hard and I recommend anyone who hasn't checked this game to also play on Hard. It was a very good challenge; enemies can spot you from pretty far away. However, the game is very vertical and they give you an excellent sandbox to play in. There are so many different ways to approach a mission. Enemies generally don't look up or down, so this isn't cheap. 
  • Generally speaking, I attempt to take out ALL enemies. I don't always find all enemies, but I like to clear out areas so I can move about freely and get Bonecharms and Runes. 
  • I beat the game with the CLEAN HANDS achievement. I'm not a trophy person, but I love this one and also got it in D1. Overall, there are less "how did that guy die" deaths when compared to the first game. Still, there was a glitch where if you shot a Witch with a sleeping dart and reloaded, she would count as "dead" from time to time. This became a problem in the final level where there are A LOT of witches. You can't spam sleeping darts, but man, they really come in handy. 
  • The Stop Time perk is a game breaker. It consumes a lot of mana and takes a lot of Runes to upgrade, but it really makes the game easy. I resorted to this mechanic as a last option because I enjoyed the overall challenge of the game. No matter the situation, you are always equipped to handle anything the game throws at you, regardless of perks. 
  • All and all, it took me about 35 hours to beat with the Clean Hands perk and I want to say I found like 75% of all secrets and extras, etc. There is another option to play as Emily, who has different powers. If I decide to go that route I'll likely go lethal. 
  • IDK how people beat this game without getting spotted. 

Overall, I give this game an 8.5/10. And here's why: 

• If you try to beat the game without killing anyone, you have zero incentive to try out some of the other Perks like Rat Swarm, for example. I feel this could be circumvented by offering a wider variety of enemies; you can kill wolfhounds and robots, for example, and they won't count as a "death," so more of that stuff. 
  • I thought the graphics were fine, but they won't blow you away, either. D3, whenever that comes out, could use a facelift. 
  • Overall, few different enemy types. There were times when the game felt a little repetitive.
  • Final boss battle was a head scratcher and overall, pretty lame: I took out boss with a "stun mine." lol
  • Not a story person, but man, super weak ending. Especially for you know, BEATING THE ENTIRE GAME WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE EVER.
This was a great game. I feel it never got the love the first one got. Don't know why. The controls are so tight and having so many options to creatively take out enemies is a lot of fun. 

Now idk what to play. Might end up snagging Inside, but I don't want to pay $20. 

EDIT: Thanks to the CAGer on this board for recommending D2. 

BAB1BD74-8AB6-45D6-84B2-34D7C246B9E5_zpsywtb2cjk.jpg

Hey all --

Just an update from me. I've been on the SNES Mini Pre Order forum, so forgive my signature =)

So, I finally beat Dishonored 2. A few things:

• I played it on Hard and I recommend anyone who hasn't checked this game to also play on Hard. It was a very good challenge; enemies can spot you from pretty far away. However, the game is very vertical and they give you an excellent sandbox to play in. There are so many different ways to approach a mission. Enemies generally don't look up or down, so this isn't cheap.
  • Generally speaking, I attempt to take out ALL enemies. I don't always find all enemies, but I like to clear out areas so I can move about freely and get Bonecharms and Runes.
  • I beat the game with the CLEAN HANDS achievement. I'm not a trophy person, but I love this one and also got it in D1. Overall, there are less "how did that guy die" deaths when compared to the first game. Still, there was a glitch where if you shot a Witch with a sleeping dart and reloaded, she would count as "dead" from time to time. This became a problem in the final level where there are A LOT of witches. You can't spam sleeping darts, but man, they really come in handy.
  • The Stop Time perk is a game breaker. It consumes a lot of mana and takes a lot of Runes to upgrade, but it really makes the game easy. I resorted to this mechanic as a last option because I enjoyed the overall challenge of the game. No matter the situation, you are always equipped to handle anything the game throws at you, regardless of perks.
  • All and all, it took me about 35 hours to beat with the Clean Hands perk and I want to say I found like 75% of all secrets and extras, etc. There is another option to play as Emily, who has different powers. If I decide to go that route I'll likely go lethal.
  • IDK how people beat this game without getting spotted.
Overall, I give this game an 8.5/10. And here's why:
  • If you try to beat the game without killing anyone, you have zero incentive to try out some of the other Perks like Rat Swarm, for example. I feel this could be circumvented by offering a wider variety of enemies; you can kill wolfhounds and robots, for example, and they won't count as a "death," so more of that stuff.
  • I thought the graphics were fine, but they won't blow you away, either. D3, whenever that comes out, could use a facelift.
  • Overall, few different enemy types. There were times when the game felt a little repetitive.
  • Final boss battle was a head scratcher and overall, pretty lame: I took out boss with a "stun mine." lol
  • Not a story person, but man, super weak ending. Especially for you know, BEATING THE ENTIRE GAME WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE EVER.
This was a great game. I feel it never got the love the first one got. Don't know why. The controls are so tight and having so many options to creatively take out enemies is a lot of fun.

Now idk what to play. Might end up snagging Inside, but I don't want to pay $20.

EDIT: Thanks to the CAGer on this board for recommending D2.

BAB1BD74-8AB6-45D6-84B2-34D7C246B9E5_zpsywtb2cjk.jpg
Awesome! I'm intrigued but I know it will be a minute before I play - Question: Is this game heavy on trial and error being that it seems to be heavy on stealth?

Awesome! I'm intrigued but I know it will be a minute before I play - Question: Is this game heavy on trial and error being that it seems to be heavy on stealth?

If you are going for a specific achievement it is about 30% trial and error. Most of the time your plan will go accordingly, but sometimes, things will go south, and they'll go south quick.

If you're asking whether this is a guns blazing type of game, or a heavy stealth game like Deus Ex, it's honestly either or both. The game developers did an excellent job to cater toward anyone's play style. If you crave a good challenge, stealth might be your cup of tea. Super rewarding. Then again, combat can also be rewarding, too.

In many cases, taking out enemies quietly is far more effective then fighting them head-to-head. So props to anyone who can walk up to four enemies and wipe them all out.

In my case, I didn't want to kill anyone, but if that wasn't the case, there would be far, far, less reloading. You literally have an arsenal of options to handle any situation at your disposal.

The game developers knows there are people like me, so there is a quick save and quick reload feature: When you press start, you can hold R2 (quick save) or L2 (quick load) for about two seconds before jumping back to game play.

There were only a handful of times that I got annoyed. I want to say the game really opens up about Mission 5, when the levels become so much fun and there are so many different ways to tackle objectives and your character has upgraded several perks/skills.

That's when it really becomes fun.

If you are going for a specific achievement it is about 30% trial and error. Most of the time your plan will go accordingly, but sometimes, things will go south, and they'll go south quick.

If you're asking whether this is a guns blazing type of game, or a heavy stealth game like Deus Ex, it's honestly either or both. The game developers did an excellent job to cater toward anyone's play style. If you crave a good challenge, stealth might be your cup of tea. Super rewarding. Then again, combat can also be rewarding, too.

In many cases, taking out enemies quietly is far more effective then fighting them head-to-head. So props to anyone who can walk up to four enemies and wipe them all out.

In my case, I didn't want to kill anyone, but if that wasn't the case, there would be far, far, less reloading. You literally have an arsenal of options to handle any situation at your disposal.

The game developers knows there are people like me, so there is a quick save and quick reload feature: When you press start, you can hold R2 (quick save) or L2 (quick load) for about two seconds before jumping back to game play.

There were only a handful of times that I got annoyed. I want to say the game really opens up about Mission 5, when the levels become so much fun and there are so many different ways to tackle objectives and your character has upgraded several perks/skills.

Wow good breakdown. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Dark Souls II SotFS - I have defeated all 4 big bosses and many bosses in between and a few after and made it past the castle. Now I need maybe 3 more giant Souls to progress.

As for my backlog, I just purged a bunch of physical games - took advantage of the Gamestop trade promo and got enough to purchase an Xbox One X! Now I have to redo my backlog.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst 3DS was 3 hours long for each character to 91% minus some of the challenges. That was just sad though once you get enough points and the right upgrades. Homing and Damage Reduction for Beck then Rapid Fire with remaining points the game is a breeze. Ended up with 8168 CP at the end I think you get a couple CP every blue diamond thing you pickup but I am not doing that 2 CP is not a lot when you start need 2500 for a worthwhile upgrade. One of the annoying things is you have to beat a level 3 times for all the bonuses or twice for the final stage. Also they reuse stages between both characters and pretty much give Gunvolt the advantage of having skills which are crap really 3 hp on a 100hp boss real useful. I really wish Beck had more benefits like a Dash ability not the air dash. Beck does have weapons for boss weaknesses I suppose but swapping through them all seemed pointless. There is a hard mode which I will not be playing. It is a fun and difficult game if you choose to challenge yourself and worth at least one playthrough. Beck is far superior mid and late game while Gunvolt is just difficult except for the double triple quad jump. 

Beaten 27

Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy PS4 Overwatch PC
Future Purchases Hey! Pikmin 3DS Kirby's Blowout Blast 3DS

Finally beat Horizon: Zero Dawn, what a masterpiece it is. That game is a work of art with the rich storytelling and world building. Many chilling moments that mix so well with the amazing soundtrack. Possibly GOTY for sure. 

Now I started on Yugioh Legacy of the Duelist, I'm disappointed this game isn't open world like the previous Yugioh games.

Also beat the Injustice 1 story mode so I'll get back to Injustice 2 soon.

This thread is a breath of fresh air.

I don't know how some of you guys like Corg can stand dealing with the Gamestop thread.
$1600+ in credit > dealing with jerks. Honestly, I just pay attention to the people who've been there for awhile. I do try to help people who are new when I can, but I feel like there are people who are better than me at explaining things.

As far games go I finished Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below, Titanfall 2, and Outlast 2.

I absolutely loved Dragon Quest Heroes. I bought the sequel during the B2G1 at GS with Bomberman and something else. I'll probably start working on it after I finish Deadpool.

Titanfall 2's campaign was pretty fun. I had zero interest in it, but since it was on sale and traded in for more than I paid for it, I decided to blast through it and trade it back into GS. I feel like it's hard to mess up a mech shooter, especially since they don't come out that often. One of my favorite features is you can do turn autorun on so you're character is always sprinting.

Outlast 2 was okay. The first Outlast was way better and the Whistleblower DLC is my favorite of the 3.

Right now I'm working on Deadpool for PS4. The "remastering" isn't all the great, but the game is a blast.

Thanks for letting us know what you thought of D2! You've inspired me to give it another shot, just after I'm done replaying Super Mario Galaxy!

$1600+ in credit > dealing with jerks. Honestly, I just pay attention to the people who've been there for awhile. I do try to help people who are new when I can, but I feel like there are people who are better than me at explaining things.
Ya I started with $100 back in the Target Ghost days and now I have $3000+ in credit and a bunch or preorders paid off plus I haven't paid for gas and video games in years. I also have a sizeable collection X1 PS4 3DS. I have 60+ digital 3DS games and some physical as well as some PS4 and X1 games 20+.

Kirby's Blowout Blast is coming out on the 6th hope it isn't F2P like the last game. Giving up on Evil Within my PC cannot run it well or something. Strange I run Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Fallout 4 fine.

Beaten 27

Future Purchases Hey! Pikmin 3DS Kirby's Blowout 3DS

Ya I started with $100 back in the Target Ghost days and now I have $3000+ in credit and a bunch or preorders paid off plus I haven't paid for gas in years or video games in years. I also have a sizeable collection X1 PS4 3DS. I have 60+ digital 3DS games and some physical as well as some PS4 and X1 games 20+.
I have so many games preordered and paid off here that I'm looking into buying other region games from PlayAsia.

Kirby's Blowout Blast is $6.99 and worth a purchase. It can be short but getting all the Platinums can take a while. Not many stages or worlds but five bosses at least. Will 100% soon.

Edit The Ex levels are actually difficult hopefully this game will last me till Pikimin. Perfect runs are needed for Plays.
Edit Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 releases on the 11th to get it on PC or PS4.

Beaten 28
Future Purchases Hey! Pikmin 3DS Minecraft Story Mode Season 2

I recently finished all the dlc for the witcher 3. Feels good to check something off the list for once. That being said I did buy 12 games from GameStop thanks to the B2G1 and GameStop's generous handing out of free money. So... 1 step forward, 12 steps back. God I'm bad at this.

bread's done
Back