The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mitch079']He was JBL's manager when JBL debuted as Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw. Thinking that's what you were going for here, but wasn't sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was going for...Bradshaw would have been able to sell it better than Lawler going "hey, I know this guy from way back...here's his new name"

[quote name='-Never4ever-']At this point, WM29 looks pretty underwhelming. I hope Taker stays sidelined if rumors of him being in rough shape are true. Give him more time to heal and if he's up to it, have him go out 20-1 next year to Ryback or someone who desperately needs the rub.

I've got this crazy idea that the main events for WM will be;

Rock Vs Punk Vs Cena - This way way they can stick with the "once in a lifetime" mantra.

Ziggler Vs Y2J for the World Title - How so? Have Ziggler cash in on ADR or TBS and win the belt, have Y2J win the elimination Chamber.

What other Marquee stuff could they do?

Team Hell No Vs Who? The tag division has been done to death. Maybe a fatal four-way with Rey / Cara, Rhode Scholars PTP? One last hurrah before they split them all up.

[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking...

Ziggler/Jericho
Del Rio vs. Mark Henry vs. Big Show
Punk vs. Rock vs. Cena

The idea being that Ziggler gets his moment - probably match of the night with Jericho and then after Del Rio somehow manages to win against Henry/Show Ziggler cashes in on him.

Lesnar I really have no idea if its not Triple H. Ryback or Sheamus?

The midcard is really difficult to predict at the moment, there's no faces who should be in a WM match against Barrett or Cesaro.

I think Ziggler-Jericho at WM would be pretty damn cool. It would put Jericho in the opposite role he was in at WM 19 against HBK. Much like that match did, this one could steal the show.

Exact same match I was thinking of. I'm not really all that stoked about WM this year. I'm pretty sure, in fact, that I haven't even seen WM29 yet, for that matter.

EDIT: WM28, duh. duh, duh, duh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='-Never4ever-']At this point, WM29 looks pretty underwhelming. I hope Taker stays sidelined if rumors of him being in rough shape are true. Give him more time to heal and if he's up to it, have him go out 20-1 next year to Ryback or someone who desperately needs the rub.

I've got this crazy idea that the main events for WM will be;

Rock Vs Punk Vs Cena - This way way they can stick with the "once in a lifetime" mantra.

Ziggler Vs Y2J for the World Title - How so? Have Ziggler cash in on ADR or TBS and win the belt, have Y2J win the elimination Chamber.

What other Marquee stuff could they do?

Team Hell No Vs Who? The tag division has been done to death. Maybe a fatal four-way with Rey / Cara, Rhode Scholars PTP? One last hurrah before they split them all up.

ADR, Orton, Henry, TBS, Ryback, Shield, Kofi, Truth, so much talent, but there's nothing built up. WM looks extremely weak this year.[/QUOTE]

That bolded portion is what makes me which they hadn't given MitB its own PPV. It was a great way to get guys who weren't in a feud into a WM match while simultaneously giving them a potential main event push.

Still holding the door slightly ajar in the event that glimmer of hope sneaks in and Take Two pushes for actual innovation in the WWE franchise rather than Maddennovation ("Same Bike, Different Bell")

Yeah, my small glimmer of hope is that they may just have Yukes guarantee a product on the shelves this November while they have someone else working on a next gen engine/game.

Really would have liked for THQ San Diego to get a shot at the mainline series at some point.

The WWE games aren't *horrible*, they're just "good enough." Some of the glitches are poor, I still despise the bloated and convoluted menu system, and they seem to be too busy adding modes and updating the wrestler's tights and music to fix long-running problems (i.e., the "we brought this problem over from WvR" problems).

People can do a lot worse with wrestling games - just ask those who owned the first Xbox. But this concerns me that Take Two isn't really taking the license all that seriously.

Had the Nitro Vol 2 Blu-Ray in my hand at Best Buy, then noticed it didn't have the "exclusive Best Buy content" sticker that the DVD version did, so I didn't get it. Did some researching when I got back and can't really confirm one way or the other that the Blu-Ray doesn't have the two extra matches the DVD does (Sting vs. Bret Hart 10/5/98, Mysterio/Regal vs. Malenko/Guerrero 11/3/97). Right now I'm assuming it does not.

Kind of annoyed because the Blu-Ray otherwise has a lot more content than the DVD, but if those matches aren't on there, there is no way to get a any version that has everything there is to offer on the set. If the Best Buy version of the Blu-Ray doesn't have the two extra matches, I just assume get it from Amazon...same price and I'd rather give them my business.

So, if anyone bought the Blu-Ray at Best Buy, let me know if those two matches actually are on there.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Here's a glimmer of hope for El Generico fans: He's retained his persona in NXT: https://twitter.com/ChaseIsStupid/status/301870388906962946[/QUOTE]

The only thing that worries me about that is that in the event his WWE tenure bombs, El Generico remains locked within the WWE Phantom Zone Universe while the now TAFKA El Generico has to tweak his well established persona for an indie return. I'm hoping for a nice Antonio Cesaro compromise where he's the same guy with a new WWE name that won't pin him down. However that's really asking much when it's friggin' El Generico we're talking about.

I really don't think the WWE would let "el generico" fly, he'll prob keep the same gimmick but a different name. I also have a strange hunch he'll end up tagging with "El Local" at some point.

I don't think the trademark is even needed. Lance Storm has said that if you came up with it before you got to WWE, it's yours, unless you're the Dudleys. I can't think of anyone else that invalidates his claim.

DDP posted a video on his YouTube account where him and Jake call up Scott Hall, as a plead for help from Sean Waltman. Quite a tearjerker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTy7BNuQOg4

I hope Hall accepts the help DDP is willing to give him. I really don't want to be reading "RIP Hall" or coming to the Scott Hall Memorial Thread anytime soon.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Damn.... This just further cements how good of a dude DDP is.[/QUOTE]

I think the fact that he needs to film it and post it online diminishes how good of a dude he is. Kind of trashy if you ask me to do that. That is the sort of good deed you do in private.

[quote name='musha666']I think the fact that he needs to film it and post it online diminishes how good of a dude he is. Kind of trashy if you ask me to do that. That is the sort of good deed you do in private.[/QUOTE]

Point. However, the fact that he's taking on this daunting task (if Hall even accepts, which I'm sure he does or else DDP wouldn't have posted the video without Hall's prior approval) of trying to clean up Scott Hall is something in itself.

The fact that he's helped out Jake and hundreds of other "normal people" with his program and hospitality kind of cements that he's a good enough guy.

DA HAIL?

Did I just see an awesome mixed tag match? What dimension am I in?

hey guys

I won a WWE twitter contest back in November and finally received the tickets. I have 2 tickets to wrestlemania ($150 face value) and 2 general admission tickets to axxess the night before from 6-10pm ($90 face value)

wrestlemania tickets arent too bad. they're in the higest level concourse (section 324, 5th row) but almost directly across from the set.

id like to sell the whole group together for $200. price is negotiable. send me a PM if interested. thanks

The axxes tickets for that time frame seem kind of shitty because that is the time period they would be holding the Hall of Fame ceremony. So, unless those grant you access to that more than likely you wont be seeing anyone worth mentioning I would think.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Had the Nitro Vol 2 Blu-Ray in my hand at Best Buy, then noticed it didn't have the "exclusive Best Buy content" sticker that the DVD version did, so I didn't get it. Did some researching when I got back and can't really confirm one way or the other that the Blu-Ray doesn't have the two extra matches the DVD does (Sting vs. Bret Hart 10/5/98, Mysterio/Regal vs. Malenko/Guerrero 11/3/97). Right now I'm assuming it does not.

Kind of annoyed because the Blu-Ray otherwise has a lot more content than the DVD, but if those matches aren't on there, there is no way to get a any version that has everything there is to offer on the set. If the Best Buy version of the Blu-Ray doesn't have the two extra matches, I just assume get it from Amazon...same price and I'd rather give them my business.

So, if anyone bought the Blu-Ray at Best Buy, let me know if those two matches actually are on there.[/QUOTE]

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/matches-best-buy-wcw-nitro-vol2-dvd/34603/

We can now reveal the content planned for the Best Buy exclusive Best of WCW Monday Nitro Vol. 2 DVD (pre-order on BestBuy.com).
There will be two extra matches included on their version, which are listed below.

Rey Mysterio & Lord Steven Regal vs. Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko
3rd November, 1997
WCW United States Championship Match
Sting vs. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
5th October, 1998

In the United States these two extra matches will only be present on Best Buy’s store exclusive DVD. They will not be included on the Blu-ray edition. For the United Kingdom and Australia the Best of Nitro Vol. 2 DVD will include these extras as standard.

One of the guys at my local BBY noticed that I had the BD version in my hand and started started talking about it. I asked whether any of the BD's had the extra content but he had no idea.

I went ahead and picked up the BD version since it had exclusive content, but I have been contemplating returning it and picking up the dvd version and trying to find the BD on the cheap later on.

To compare vs the Best Buy DVD exclusive matches, here's the Blu-Ray exclusive content:

Blu-ray Exclusives
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger
11th September, 1995

Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman
18th September, 1995

J.L. vs. NWO Sting
21st October, 1996

Sting & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & Randy Savage
16th March, 1998

Steel Cage Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Savage
15th June, 1998

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Goldberg vs. Sting
14th September, 1998

WCW Television Championship Match
Scott Steiner vs. Chris Jericho
1st February, 1999

Ric Flair & Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hogan & Kevin Nash
15th March, 1999

Jeff Jarrett reclaims his WCW World Heavyweight Championship
22nd November, 1999

DDP and Randy Savage’s War of Words

[quote name='HydroX']DDP posted a video on his YouTube account where him and Jake call up Scott Hall, as a plead for help from Sean Waltman. Quite a tearjerker.[/QUOTE]

THAT...was a good thing.

[quote name='musha666']I think the fact that he needs to film it and post it online diminishes how good of a dude he is. Kind of trashy if you ask me to do that. That is the sort of good deed you do in private.[/QUOTE]

What's trashy is when people look for an opportunity to diminish and disparage someone's kind act. That's the sort of deed that should be kept private.

Thanks for the Nitro Blu info...I guess I'll get it since it still has far more than the DVD version even with the two extra matches on the BB DVD (plus I was at the Luger/Hogan title change match on the Blu), but it still sucks there is no baseline parity between the BB versions.

[quote name='Spyder187']The axxes tickets for that time frame seem kind of shitty because that is the time period they would be holding the Hall of Fame ceremony. So, unless those grant you access to that more than likely you wont be seeing anyone worth mentioning I would think.[/QUOTE]

yea, they arent hall of fame tickets, just axxess. sheamus is supposed to be there from 6-7:30 for VIP ticket holders, not sure what these general admission tickets get you though

You all realize that youtube actually pays people who upload videos, right? If you have a really popular channel, it can amount to a good chunk of money.

Just saying that there is really no reason why DDP needs to film this stuff. Granted lots of people would like to see it, but that doesn't mean it needs to be done.

[quote name='dkreegz515']
this is so great to see.[/QUOTE]

These videos really make you want to believe that both Jake and Scott will finally turn things around for good.

[quote name='dkreegz515'] this is so great to see.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

Does Hall know he's being put up on YT like this?

It's great to help someone, but if he's not aware that this is as public as it is, that's pretty unethical.

Kevin Nash tweeted the following about his friend Scott Hall and the news that he will be moving in with Diamond Dallas Page and Jake Roberts to get back into shape:

“Scott told everyone 2 months ago he was going to DDP’S going to be there that weekend.Show me the tape when he walks in the door.”

“This is my friends life,not a PSA.You want the truth it’s not for you to know.”

Nash also posted some tweets that have since been deleted:

“I love everyone telling me about what Scott needs, been dealing with this for 20years.Scott will get healthy when Scott wants 2 period. This has nothing to do with me.This is on Scott and him alone.He knows he’s loved.I’ve been there since day one.Nothing I can do_Only Scott”

“Does anyone realize Scott will die if not taken to a hospital and clinically detoxed? You f**king idiots……Yoga great.20 years of abuse?”

[quote name='mykevermin']Does Hall know he's being put up on YT like this?

It's great to help someone, but if he's not aware that this is as public as it is, that's pretty unethical.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet they ironed out details before posting these videos. DDP isn't a total idiot.

This isn't the classic Hogan-Bubba the Love Sponge story we have going here. ;)

If would be great if Jake and Scott were able to get/stay sober with DDP's help and then go into the Hall of Fame together. That's probably a pipe dream but a man can hope damnit!

[quote name='mitch079']I know I will sound cynical but I will believe it when I see it.[/QUOTE]

I think that's realistic. That's the way rehab tends to work - if people relapse enough (as Jake and Scott have done), you lose faith in their ability to succeed. You don't want them to fail, but you can't get your hopes up with people like that. See also: Sunny.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm willing to bet they ironed out details before posting these videos. DDP isn't a total idiot.

This isn't the classic Hogan-Bubba the Love Sponge story we have going here. ;)[/QUOTE]

Even if Hall agreed to it, he is in no condition to do so. Its like sleeping with a drunk girl, once she sobers up she can claim rape if she wants to because we was in no condition to agree to it to begin with. DDP helping Hall is great, just keep it private. Dont try to get youtube hits for doing so.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/15-superstars-you-didnt-know-competed-in-wcw/page-6

Okay, I never knew that. The others on the list I did know, though. Putting Greg Valentine on the list is a very odd choice, since when I think "WCW," I often say that in reference to Ted Turner's promotion as well as Jim Crockett's NWA territory (mid-south?). It all blends together too cleanly.

The WWE list is fascinating as well - they do a good write-up on Samoa Joe's indy career and ROH tenure. For a guy who had *one* match in their promotion, they show him a lot of respect. Is there something to read between the lines there?

Interesting, Trakan. Thanks for posting.

Nash almost sounds like a jealous girlfriend, but I understand his side as well.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/15-superstars-you-didnt-know-competed-in-wcw/page-6

Okay, I never knew that. The others on the list I did know, though. Putting Greg Valentine on the list is a very odd choice, since when I think "WCW," I often say that in reference to Ted Turner's promotion as well as Jim Crockett's NWA territory (mid-south?). It all blends together too cleanly.

The WWE list is fascinating as well - they do a good write-up on Samoa Joe's indy career and ROH tenure. For a guy who had *one* match in their promotion, they show him a lot of respect. Is there something to read between the lines there?[/QUOTE]
Aww, they left out my favorite...Not Mantaur Even Though He's Using His Name vs. Sting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4XFMfJaZHg

EDIT - It actually took me a second before I realized who the guy on the right is. Daymn.

qGJRVqG.jpg

And I know Shane isn't actually THAT old is he? Could it be from stress/working? Good to see them together again.

And if it's ok to ask what was in part 2 of the video? I understand if people don't want to talk about it if that's disrespectful to Scott.

Damn he's only 43 and that is seriously white hair on him. Can't really imagine that being 100% genetic.

[quote name='TerraBemani']And I know Shane isn't actually THAT old is he? Could it be from stress/working? Good to see them together again.

And if it's ok to ask what was in part 2 of the video? I understand if people don't want to talk about it if that's disrespectful to Scott.[/QUOTE]

It was a conversation between Hall, Jake, and DDP with DDP and Jake asking him to come up to DDP's place. Scott sounded hammered, said he was dying over and over, and then eventually said he would come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back