The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is when wrestlers get gimmicks like Tensai or 3MB, why don't they actually start to live the gimmick?

3MB should practice learning instruments and surprise the hell out of us. If Tensai is going to run with this dancing thing, shouldn't he just take dance lessons?

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']What I don't understand is when wrestlers get gimmicks like Tensai or 3MB, why don't they actually start to live the gimmick?

3MB should practice learning instruments and surprise the hell out of us. If Tensai is going to run with this dancing thing, shouldn't he just take dance lessons?[/QUOTE]

3MB is that of a faux band. They aren't supposed to play... it's the element of teasing that they are going to play....

What I don't understand is when Zen Davis comes back, and someone brings up Zen Davis, why does Zen Davis always disappear for a month or two, then make his triumphant return with an equally ludicrous post? Why don't they actually start to live the gimmick?

Sounds like he's sort of like Mr. Mxyzptlk, sees his name mentioned, and he goes back to the 5th Dimension for a few months.

And then there's the Earth-Zero version of Zen Davis, Pepsiman.

Nah. Was going to go to the afternoon card b/c it was 2 subway stops from my house and had another event around the corner from it today at 4 (so duh, of course I'd go). They then moved the venue to NE Philly, which is now a 25 minute drive plus parking. Kinda miffed they moved it.

Good news is you get unlimited video on demand replay with the order. Thankful for that since I won't be able to watch the evening show live. Also dude 25 minute drive for a full day of (free) wrestling is nothing to sneeze at. ;)

no, I hear you on that. but the original venue is in my neighborhood and I have other plans in my neighborhood today, so I was gonna try to squeeze a few matches in (the shows are free). Since they moved, it screwed that up. I'm not mad, just unable to make things work the way I want them to today.

[quote name='diddy310']Guys, Jack Swagger still exists..I've seen him...and he looks kinda bloated and burned out. His match with Kofi tonight was pretty good though.[/QUOTE]

Interesting that he won his return. But that's probably gonna lead to no where.

Sorta wish Swagger would have gone the MMA route. Looks like he has at least an 80-inch reach. Work hands, get takedowns. He's 6-feet 7-inches, degree in finance, and a former Division 1 wrestler. You would never know considering how WWE jobs him out to everyone. What a waste. They shotgun him to a world title and then drop him off the face of the earth. Sorta like Del Rio prior to his recent face-turn title run. Typical WWE.

Never been a fan of shoot interviews because they feel a little sleazy. Haven't seen many in all my years as a fan. Saw this in my YouTube recommendations in the sidebar for Kingston-Swagger. Shame that the biggest remaining wrasslin promotion has no interest in pro wrestling. I need to mix some ROH into the days when I catch-up with puro.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYxMDg5Mzc2.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm going to regret this, but what does a 5XL wrestling fan look like? Kinda reminded of that Gabriel Iglesias levels of fatness bit.

[quote name='Chase']Interesting that he won his return. But that's probably gonna lead to no where.[/quote]

Nothing screams "creative has nothing for you" like jobbing for months, being taken off of tv to "reset" the character, and returning in *precisely* the same persona, look, etc. Perhaps we'll see "Jake Hager" in Aces and Eights by the end of the year.

They shotgun him to a world title and then drop him off the face of the earth. Sorta like Del Rio prior to his recent face-turn title run. Typical WWE.

Isn't this Del Rio's first WWE title run (right now)?

[quote name='Clak']I know I'm going to regret this, but what does a 5XL wrestling fan look like? Kinda reminded of that Gabriel Iglesias levels of fatness bit.[/QUOTE]

8xDYOwO.jpg

That's Ahmed Johnson

[quote name='mykevermin']Nothing screams "creative has nothing for you" like jobbing for months, being taken off of tv to "reset" the character, and returning in *precisely* the same persona, look, etc. Perhaps we'll see "Jake Hager" in Aces and Eights by the end of the year.

Isn't this Del Rio's first WWE title run (right now)?[/QUOTE]

First WHC run.

Had the WWE title before. Twice, even. He's actually the one that Punk beat to start his reign, if I'm remembering correctly. It was during the whole Nash thing.

How many total belts are there currently? Active at least, meaning they're still being won/lost.

WWE, WHC, IC, US, Tag, Divas... so, 6?

That's just off the top of my head, so I could be wrong. That's actually less than I thought, but then I remembered that they combined the Tag and Women's belts a while back. Really, if they wanted to end the brand split once and for all, they'd only need to ditch the WHC and US titles, neither of which would be a huge loss.

Last I serously paid attention to WWE product there were 3 belts I think, The championship belt(or whatever they actually called it back then), Intercontinental, and tag team.

Team Hell No
Prime Time Players
Team Carlitos brother
Kofi and Truth
Errrr Punjabi Playboy and Hornswoggle.

That's from someone who barely watches wrestling these days and is barely paying attention when he does, how'd I do ?

[quote name='benjamouth']Team Hell No
Prime Time Players
Team Carlitos brother
Kofi and Truth
Errrr Punjabi Playboy and Hornswoggle.

That's from someone who barely watches wrestling these days and is barely paying attention when he does, how'd I do ?[/QUOTE]

As someone who still follows, I had to look it up beyond Team Hell No. Looks like you scored 2/5.
THN
Kofi and R-Truth
Epico and Primo
Kofi and Evan Bourne (really!)
David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty (really?)

I used to really enjoy the tag teams too. Headshrinkers, Bushwackers, Natural Disasters, Legion of Doom, various versions of the Hart Foundation etc.

Sigh...

The shame of it is that WWE seemed to actually be a building a division again. With the announcement that the Rhodes Scholars are done, I'm not so sure anymore. Up until that, the division was stronger than it had been in years.

I will at least give them credit for breaking up the RS in a non-obvious fashion. No bust up, no face turn... just a decision to go singles. It's almost refreshing.

[quote name='mykevermin']Quick, no googling: name the last 5 tag team champions, in order, starting with the most recent![/QUOTE]

To be fair, the only title I can do this for with any amount of confidence is the WWE Championship (Rock, Punk, Del Rio, Punk, Cena). The end of that I'm not even sure on, wasn't that when they had dual champions and the tournament and all that?

[quote name='007']I will at least give them credit for breaking up the RS in a non-obvious fashion. No bust up, no face turn... just a decision to go singles. It's almost refreshing.[/QUOTE]

Almost, but they did the same thing with Kofi/Truth a few months ago.

Well, rumors are they are killing PTP to set Titus O'Neil on a singles career.

That tag team division rebirth sure did last long.

[quote name='mykevermin']Quick, no googling: name the last 5 tag team champions, in order, starting with the most recent![/QUOTE]

Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
The Rockers

[quote name='TerraBemani']Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
The Rockers[/QUOTE]

quality.

[quote name='HydroX']Well, rumors are they are killing PTP to set Titus O'Neil on a singles career.

That tag team division rebirth sure did last long.[/QUOTE]

stillborn.

Well. This tops the returns of both Sable and Bret in the "never happening" category for me. Daymn.

Still think it's overkill to do Foley/Backlund/Bruno all at once, but fuck it. Do it while you can.

Mick Foley revealed during a comedy show in Adelaide that a neurologist informed him that he is not able to wrestle ever again.

Foley got the news after he explained his proposal to WWE about having a match with Dean Ambrose at SummerSlam as a follow-up to their YouTube/Twitter feud. Foley noted that he proposed to have a “fake” Dude Love come out of the entrance way, but would be attacked by Dean from behind as Mankind was coming through the ring.
These plans would later be nixed due to his diagnosis from the neurologist.

Also at the comedy show, Foley noted that he felt Dean made very personal comments about his family within the feud and asked him to stop, but Dean thought this was “face” Foley actually egging him on.

I'm sad this never happened. What little bit that did happen was very entertaining.

Bruno, huh? I'll cop to being wrong, and to being pretty impressed with HHH for pulling it off.

Never thought it would happen.

Props to Trips for pulling off what we thought was nigh impossible: getting Bruno to agree to be inducted into the WWE HoF.

[quote name='mykevermin']quality.

stillborn.[/QUOTE]

Titus might get over. Particularly with the barking.

I never thought Darren Young would get out from underneath being "Black Cena", but he's done well with Titus. I still don't see him as being more than a jobber as a singles guy, though.

I hate how they keep having Cesaro & Ryback matches. If they built up Cesaro more and then had them fight it would have probably seemed like a pretty big deal.

I'd think HHH would induct Bruno, since a) He put this together and b) Obligatory comment about WWE likes to portray HHH as a star of the highest magnitude and they want him in that spot.

If they are trying to reboot Swagger they probably should have changed his stupid theme.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, yikes. Does that make me a moron or WWE too cluttered?

I could see either argument. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sir, it makes me a moron for remembering such things when that space could be given to more important bits of information. ;)

[quote name='TerraBemani']Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan
The Rockers[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Off the top of my head, I can name more WCW tag team champions from 1996 than WWE tag team champions from the last five years.

[quote name='Genocidal']Bruno Sammartino has officially been announced for this year's Hall of Fame.[/QUOTE]

All things in consideration, I think I'm okay with giving Triple H some credit for this development. The day Owen Hart and Randy Savage have places in the physical WWE Hall of Fame is the day Curt Hennig wins a WWE world title.

Edit: Holy shit, 1996 is 17 years ago.

By saying The Rockers I was reminded of the infamous "top rope broke" match with the Hart Foundation where The Rockers DID win the belts. But it never aired so it never happened. It was shown on that Shawn Michaels DVD set from 2007 though.

[quote name='Scorch']King said "come at me bro"..

I don't know anymore.[/QUOTE]

I was almost mad at myself for laughing at that, but it really sort of came out of nowhere.

[quote name='mitch079']Titus might get over. Particularly with the barking.[/QUOTE]

DMX was famous for a while.... barking might work for Titus too.

Did anyone else find RAW hard to watch? I swear they have shown the Heyman/Shield backstage video 30 times in the past week. The only thing I've gained from seeing it is more appreciation of Heyman, with him screaming "GET OUT OF THE RING VINCE". That man can work.

Claudio and American Dragon are the only reason I even watch, and by watch most of the time I mean fast forward with the DVR

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back