The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

[quote name='jallen']try that code again in a day. i've applied some coupon codes just to see the final price, then removed the item from my cart. If you try to use it again right away it says invalid, try it again later.[/QUOTE]
It didn't work after waiting 24 hours. Damn their glitchy site. Promo ends on the 24th and I doubt they'll fix it on time. :whistle2:(

[quote name='jughead']Woot! Just got four 10 dollar codes. I hope they work because I like to use these as trade bait.[/QUOTE]
If you want to use them as trade bait, just input the code via PSN Store to see if they're redeemable then cancel the redemption confirmation.

Re: 100 points via GameFly and 100freepoints.com
A lot of people are complaining to CSR about this issue. There's even a thread on Wheel Watchers Club forums. Give them a quick call at 1-866-556-7669 and they'll put a note on your account. People on the WWC forums have had their issue resolved via phone after a few days.

2,000 free points for redeeming any item 1,500+ points from the Sony Rewards Catalog
I believe this promo is still running and ends this month. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jughead']Did you do the email to get the points or did you use the link on the page right after registration?[/QUOTE]

Well, on the OP page- I click his link and it brings me to SONY STYLE, not Sony Rewards. My login and password do not work there.

I didn't get an e-mail to get the points, should I have?

[quote name='redline']Insider Specials, browse all.[/QUOTE]

I cannot seem to located Insider Specials. Could you explain where it is?

Sorry! :whistle2:X

Being a noob sucks!

Yup, my 5 earlier codes all work now too. Now if only Sony would release some goddamn games in 2010! PSN Store updates have been anemic!

At the top of the main page you should see a link that says "Sony Card Insiders Special"

Here's a screenshot:

sony_is.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']At the top of the main page you should see a link that says "Sony Card Insiders Special"

Here's a screenshot:

sony_is.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You NEED a SonyCard for the PSN points?

Also, does the SonyCard have any annual fees?

[quote name='redline']Insider Specials, browse all.[/QUOTE]
Also, you must be a card holder otherwise it won't show insider specials.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']You NEED a SonyCard for the PSN points?

Also, does the SonyCard have any annual fees?[/QUOTE]

Yep you need to be a cardholder. No annual fees.

I signed up when they offered $150 towards a purchase of $299 or more. That's how I got my PS3 two years ago (for $280 after taxes). I think they have similar promotions now, but haven't looked lately.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yep you need to be a cardholder. No annual fees.

I signed up when they offered $150 towards a purchase of $299 or more. That's how I got my PS3 two years ago (for $280 after taxes). I think they have similar promotions now, but haven't looked lately.[/QUOTE]

Assuming the offer is similar (I think it is $100 now), does the $299 have to be 1 item, or can it be multiple items that add up to that price?

Thanks

does the WWCWeek code work on PSN vouchers? anyone tried it?

...nevermind, it doesn't

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameofdoom666']Assuming the offer is similar (I think it is $100 now), does the $299 have to be 1 item, or can it be multiple items that add up to that price?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The offer is not that great right now.
(there might be other offers floating around but I only found this one)
It is a $50 statement credit and you have to make "a single sales receipt purchase at SonyStyle.com, equal or greater than $249"

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...0151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644595898

I got the Playstation Card last year and the offer was much higher.
($300 back on the card after charging $3,000 on it
I ended up with a free PS3!)

[quote name='jallen']does the WWCWeek code work on PSN vouchers? anyone tried it?

...nevermind, it doesn't[/QUOTE]

It did for me 3 days ago. I got three PSN vouchers for 2700 points.

Just wondered if anybody noticed this. Not to seem or feel greedy but when I was getting the 2500 points for registering products it doesn't care that you registered those products before since I missed doing a step. I'm pretty much saying is that you can rack up tons of points by just using the registering cycle and click onto your rewards page.

Damn, I was going to get a $10 voucher but then heard the codes weren't working so I held off.

Now the discount code doesn't work, bah!

Does anyone know how often they change the "first purchase" deal for the credit card? I want to buy a ps3 using the offer but it's not so attractive right now...

[quote name='sniper3469']Just wondered if anybody noticed this. Not to seem or feel greedy but when I was getting the 2500 points for registering products it doesn't care that you registered those products before since I missed doing a step. I'm pretty much saying is that you can rack up tons of points by just using the registering cycle and click onto your rewards page.[/QUOTE]

How DO you register the products? On Sony Style and it links up, or what? I can't figure it out! Do I need a Sony Rewards card for this??

Also, you can get unlimited points bu what you are saying, or what? Please fill me in :whistle2:D

Everything else works great for me so far. I do the puzzles when I remember. I want to save up for the PS3 Eye or BluRay Remote :)

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How DO you register the products? On Sony Style and it links up, or what? I can't figure it out! Do I need a Sony Rewards card for this??

Also, you can get unlimited points bu what you are saying, or what? Please fill me in :whistle2:D

Everything else works great for me so far. I do the puzzles when I remember. I want to save up for the PS3 Eye or BluRay Remote :)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you have to use a separate Sony style account to register the products (use the same email) and then after registering something click on the box in the lower right hand corner that talks about receiving your 500 points for doing so, and it will post to your account. It worked this way for me, anyway. And I haven't tried to cheat yet but I think you can only gain a maximum of 2500 points by registering 5 products. And no you don't need a Sony card to get these points.

[quote name='JoshTX']Unfortunately you have to use a separate Sony style account to register the products (use the same email) and then after registering something click on the box in the lower right hand corner that talks about receiving your 500 points for doing so, and it will post to your account. It worked this way for me, anyway. And I haven't tried to cheat yet but I think you can only gain a maximum of 2500 points by registering 5 products. And no you don't need a Sony card to get these points.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I thank you much!

Noticed a couple new items today including a new poll (What Sony product are you looking forward to?) and a Quarterly Tournament (first time I've seen this).

You must match the score (perfect 30,000) to earn 25 points. All answers can be found here and game expires on January 31st at 11:59 pm est .

Finally got my 100 free points from the GameFly District 9 promo after calling them less than a week ago.

In the Wheel Watchers Club forum, this comment was addressed to a CAG known as "specifione":
[quote name='CURIOUS77']By the way, just for the record, you are saying that you entered
the code posted on CAG, which was copied here, into the 100freepoints
website?[/quote]This is actually one of the few codes I did not copy from there. :lol: I actually have a GameFly subscription and didn't notice their thread until later.

[quote name='evergoo']Noticed a couple new items today including a new poll (What Sony product are you looking forward to?) and a Quarterly Tournament (first time I've seen this).

You must match the score (perfect 30,000) to earn 25 points. All answers can be found here and game expires on January 31st at 11:59 pm est .[/QUOTE]

This is only worth 25 points total?

sorry for asking because it was probably answered somewhere else in the post but how come only 200 of my points are available for purchase?

ty

[quote name='samisdumm']sorry for asking because it was probably answered somewhere else in the post but how come only 200 of my points are available for purchase?

ty[/QUOTE]

did you enter any sweepstakes or anything?

I'm considering joining in on this, but I have no interest in getting a card. Is there a set limit (#) on how many points you can spend at once? That's pretty much the only factor I'm considering right now.

I've registered 3 movies so far and havent gotten any points for them, anyone know what the deal is, does it take a day for them to go through?

If you don't have the card, then yes there is. I believe you can only spend 500 points on an item. Program is so not worth it if you don't have the card.

[quote name='anthfett06']If you don't have the card, then yes there is. I believe you can only spend 500 points on an item. Program is so not worth it if you don't have the card.[/QUOTE]

Are there any catches to the card? Annual fees? etc

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Are there any catches to the card? Annual fees? etc[/QUOTE]

no there are no annual fees at least i dont pay them.
but if you are really interested in the card, read the terms and agreements before you sign up for it so you cant blame anyone else if you get hit with a charge or penalty that someone said doesnt exist.

Hey guys - just a quick question on the Sony Card - I just signed up for one, but wasn't sure if there were any current deals (eg : buy a PS3 and get $200 card credit, or whatever).

I know that they periodically have deals like that, but wasn't sure if there was something on at the moment that I can take advantage of.

EDIT : Nevermind - just read pg 28 of thread which had all the info - sorry for the stupid question!

[quote name='wuLFe']Hey guys - just a quick question on the Sony Card - I just signed up for one, but wasn't sure if there were any current deals (eg : buy a PS3 and get $200 card credit, or whatever).

I know that they periodically have deals like that, but wasn't sure if there was something on at the moment that I can take advantage of.

EDIT : Nevermind - just read pg 28 of thread which had all the info - sorry for the stupid question![/QUOTE]

I've been looking for the best offer for getting a sony card too.
The sony rewards site seems to have several different offers - the best one seems to be the jeopardy one.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=srjpc

It's $50 credit after initial $150 purchase and then $50 each for the next two months if you spend $500 each month on the card. (Although the wording is kind of confusing - so not 100% sure if there is another $100 - the terms sheet doesn't have much info.)

Anyone seen anything better?

I need to sign up by March so I don't lose the points I have earned already.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Once you reach gold and jackpot status, does it reset every month, or is it permanent? How does it work? Thanks![/QUOTE]
My understanding is you need to reach jackpot status each month to retain your jackpot status. I think the way it works is if you did 12 puzzles in January, you'll start off February with jackpot status and have the discount for all of February. But if you don't do your 12 puzzles in February, you'll lose your jackpot status in March. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='redline']My understanding is you need to reach jackpot status each month to retain your jackpot status. I think the way it works is if you did 12 puzzles in January, you'll start off February with jackpot status and have the discount for all of February. But if you don't do your 12 puzzles in February, you'll lose your jackpot status in March. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

So as long as you keep it going, the following month will be affected?

Awesome.

Anyone else having problems using their "bluray" coupon?

I've been a member for a little over a year now and I've thought about using the code a couple times, but never have. Just last week the code was working, but today I tried redeeming a movie and it says "We were unable to apply that coupon to your cart."

Just curious if I'm the only one. Maybe it expired, but hopefully it's just a glitch that will be corrected.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']So as long as you keep it going, the following month will be affected?

Awesome.[/QUOTE]

yes. i actually received an email once telling me since i kept reaching 12 questions month to month, that they were going to extend my platinum status, and i don't think i've dropped out of platinum status since.

[quote name='greatdevastator']Anyone else having problems using their "bluray" coupon?

I've been a member for a little over a year now and I've thought about using the code a couple times, but never have. Just last week the code was working, but today I tried redeeming a movie and it says "We were unable to apply that coupon to your cart."

Just curious if I'm the only one. Maybe it expired, but hopefully it's just a glitch that will be corrected.[/QUOTE]

even with any coupon, movies off sonyrewards are grossly overpriced (MSRP hahaha), and you'd be better off getting something else or buying from amazon and doing a purchase credit. I was tempted to use one of the $10 coupons at one point, but when you do the math, even with a 12% wof/spt discount on top of it, it's such a waste of points.

I've always considered the best way to use your reward points and get the biggest bang per buck ratio is to buy during Best Buy's or TRU's B2G1F sale. Pick up three new games for $120, send in the credit reimbursement form, get $60 credited (6000 points) and end up with three new games you only paid $20 each for.

[quote name='jallen']even with any coupon, movies off sonyrewards are grossly overpriced (MSRP hahaha), and you'd be better off getting something else or buying from amazon and doing a purchase credit. I was tempted to use one of the $10 coupons at one point, but when you do the math, even with a 12% wof/spt discount on top of it, it's such a waste of points.[/QUOTE]

I've been a member for over a year and I've gotten over 20 movies for free.

The MSRP is often times overpriced, yes, but when you factor in getting around 500 points per week just from doing a few things on the site the prices seem much more reasonable. As well as the points earned from every day purchases and promotions here and there like triple points for every day purchases. Sony Rewards sucks if you're not a card holder, but it has its many many perks if you are.

I earned 3,356 points in January just from using the card and doing things on the site. Not too shabby.

[quote name='Archgarth']I've always considered the best way to use your reward points and get the biggest bang per buck ratio is to buy during Best Buy's or TRU's B2G1F sale. Pick up three new games for $120, send in the credit reimbursement form, get $60 credited (6000 points) and end up with three new games you only paid $20 each for.[/QUOTE]

I'm not following your math here... or are you just saying that you use 6000 of your points earned to get $60 back on your card?

Using the 20% Bing Cashback Wal-Mart had today, I ordered a Sony digital camera. I plan on using my 20,000+ Sony Reward points for the purchase.

I've never done this before, so I hope it's not too much trouble!

bread's done
Back