The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

Well bad news for me. I had applied for the card a couple weeks back and just received my denial letter in the mail. The reason listed: "Credit report shows total available credit on accounts too low." Anyone know what that means?

I'm kinda depressed now, because I already had almost 4,000 points saved up from playing the games and was ready to cash in on a free blu-ray. Wow. Now it's basically pointless because being able to use only 500 points as a non-card member means I can only take 5 bucks off an overpriced dvd from the sony store. Useless.

What I'm having a tough time grasping is why. Here's my current finacial scenario, summarized:

I own a home with a roughly 140,000 mortgage loan I've been paying on for over 2 years. I've never been delinquent on a payment.

I had a car payment but paid it off a couple years back. Again, I was never delinquent. I pay about 5 different monthly utility and phone bills and am not behind on any of them.

I had, at one time, a Macy's and Best buy card. I used the Macy's card as a youngster to try to establish credit. I made 7 or 8 transactions before closing it years ago. I got the best buy card around 2005. Purchased a large HDTV, and paid it off in about 7 months, never delinquent. I then closed the card.

Are they not approving me because I don't currently hold another credit card? Wouldn't a home loan of over 100,00 be enough proof that my credit is good? I just don't get the banking system.

[quote name='JoshTX']Well bad news for me. I had applied for the card a couple weeks back and just received my denial letter in the mail. The reason listed: "Credit report shows total available credit on accounts too low." Anyone know what that means?

I'm kinda depressed now, because I already had almost 4,000 points saved up from playing the games and was ready to cash in on a free blu-ray. Wow. Now it's basically pointless because being able to use only 500 points as a non-card member means I can only take 5 bucks off an overpriced dvd from the sony store. Useless.

What I'm having a tough time grasping is why. Here's my current finacial scenario, summarized:

I own a home with a roughly 140,000 mortgage loan I've been paying on for over 2 years. I've never been delinquent on a payment.

I had a car payment but paid it off a couple years back. Again, I was never delinquent. I pay about 5 different monthly utility and phone bills and am not behind on any of them.

I had, at one time, a Macy's and Best buy card. I used the Macy's card as a youngster to try to establish credit. I made 7 or 8 transactions before closing it years ago. I got the best buy card around 2005. Purchased a large HDTV, and paid it off in about 7 months, never delinquent. I then closed the card.

Are they not approving me because I don't currently hold another credit card? Wouldn't a home loan of over 100,00 be enough proof that my credit is good? I just don't get the banking system.[/QUOTE]

You dont have any revolving credit other than your mortgage? Maybe they see that as a risk since you could run up the credit card and not pay. I have been reading/hearing about people running up credit cards and defaulting to settle for pennies on the dollar, but they will have terrible credit for a long time (years).

[quote name='nakanenui']You dont have any revolving credit other than your mortgage? Maybe they see that as a risk since you could run up the credit card and not pay. I have been reading/hearing about people running up credit cards and defaulting to settle for pennies on the dollar, but they will have terrible credit for a long time (years).[/QUOTE]

You could be right. They may think I'm running out of money or something and trying to grab the card as a last ditch effort to stay afloat. I guess when they run the report they can't see that I have a checking account, 2 savings accounts and two 401K's. Ironically enough, the credit card company is CHASE and I've been holding a checking and savings account with their company in good standing for almost 5 years now. Everytime I talk to a banker about my accounts they try to push credit cards on me - now that I've applied for one finally, they deny it.

Josh,

CC / banks suck. I hate hate hate them. 'Credit' is such a joke. They don't make money on people who can pay it off. They make money on people who pay late. I was easily approved for a CC during college then got denied for a CC 3 years later when I made 65k a year - wtf (and I never had debt during either time!)

I'd call them up and ask what "Credit report shows total available credit on accounts too low" means. Like, what is the minimum total available credit required to get this card?

[quote name='JoshTX']You could be right. They may think I'm running out of money or something and trying to grab the card as a last ditch effort to stay afloat. I guess when they run the report they can't see that I have a checking account, 2 savings accounts and two 401K's. Ironically enough, the credit card company is CHASE and I've been holding a checking and savings account with their company in good standing for almost 5 years now. Everytime I talk to a banker about my accounts they try to push credit cards on me - now that I've applied for one finally, they deny it.[/QUOTE]

Also, did you say you cancel your cards after you pay them off? That does wreck your credit history because canceling will erase any history you did have. These cards do show up on your credit report (annualcreditreport.com for free one each year from each of the 3 bureaus) so run your free one and see that they do show up "closed by request" (something like that) with GOOD standing. Anything that shows up delinquent or unpaid is bad. Keeping a card active, even if you dont buy anything on it shows that you dont use available credit excessively so that could help your history, just dont keep one with an annual fee unless you are utilizing its benefits to justify the annual cost.

I have a few cards still active that dont have an annual fee that I keep in a safe place because I have had years of use out of them and canceling them would eventually drop that credit history off my report after a few years. I do make sure I monitor my credit report and credit card statements to ensure nothing fishy goes on like fraud/stolen identities.

I have had the Sony card at least 3 times over the last 5+ years. Canceled them after the bonus was paid because they were meant for short term accounts for bonus. Now that this program is so nice for card holders, I am on the fence if I want to apply for it again, since the bonus currently is not that great (less than $100).

[quote name='greatdevastator']I've been a member for over a year and I've gotten over 20 movies for free.

The MSRP is often times overpriced, yes, but when you factor in getting around 500 points per week just from doing a few things on the site the prices seem much more reasonable. As well as the points earned from every day purchases and promotions here and there like triple points for every day purchases. Sony Rewards sucks if you're not a card holder, but it has its many many perks if you are.

I earned 3,356 points in January just from using the card and doing things on the site. Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

but you prob could have gotten 30 movies for free instead of 20 if you did purchase credits. That, and you could buy movies that aren't Sony/Columbia Tristar. I guess that's what my point was.

[quote name='nakanenui']Also, did you say you cancel your cards after you pay them off? That does wreck your credit history because canceling will erase any history you did have. These cards do show up on your credit report (annualcreditreport.com for free one each year from each of the 3 bureaus) so run your free one and see that they do show up "closed by request" (something like that) with GOOD standing. Anything that shows up delinquent or unpaid is bad. Keeping a card active, even if you dont buy anything on it shows that you dont use available credit excessively so that could help your history, just dont keep one with an annual fee unless you are utilizing its benefits to justify the annual cost.

I have a few cards still active that dont have an annual fee that I keep in a safe place because I have had years of use out of them and canceling them would eventually drop that credit history off my report after a few years. I do make sure I monitor my credit report and credit card statements to ensure nothing fishy goes on like fraud/stolen identities.

I have had the Sony card at least 3 times over the last 5+ years. Canceled them after the bonus was paid because they were meant for short term accounts for bonus. Now that this program is so nice for card holders, I am on the fence if I want to apply for it again, since the bonus currently is not that great (less than $100).[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking my situation may be similar to what N64ra said. And yeah I'm going to go ahead and run my own credit report to be sure nothing strange is going on. The last time I ran it was when I bought the house over 2 years ago, my broker ran it, said my credit scores were in the 715-730 range, and I ended up qualifying for a 5% flat fixed interest rate. Going off of that I figured my credit was pretty good. I still think it is, but they may be concerned that they won't make any money off of me, and honestly, they are right, because I would pay the balance in full each month. I'm not going to get pinged for 10 or 12 percent interest or higher, that just kills the benefit of the rewards program.

[quote name='Rig']Using the 20% Bing Cashback Wal-Mart had today, I ordered a Sony digital camera. I plan on using my 20,000+ Sony Reward points for the purchase.

I've never done this before, so I hope it's not too much trouble![/QUOTE]
It won't be a problem. I bought a lcd tv at best buy and submitted a purchase credit form on it for over 40000 points and it worked nice and smooth.

Ok so question. I've recently signed up and have done all the required stuff to get my points to nearly 3300 (and will continue to keep updating) so i've been hearing some rumors I was wondering if anyone can CONFIRM or DENY about this reward program

1) if you have the card, and lets say 6000 points, I want to purchase Drakes fortune for ps3 for 3400 pts, can you not use all your points because max allowed on pts between 2000-10000 is 500?! i've heard accounts in favor or denying this and also,

2) once you register your 10th blu ray, (you would have gotten 1000 pts, each blu ray 100 pts x 10) I heard they cash out 1000 pts from you automatically to mail you a $10 blu ray gift certificate?
Thanks in advance

[quote name='jmarano7836']
1) if you have the card, and lets say 6000 points, I want to purchase Drakes fortune for ps3 for 3400 pts, can you not use all your points because max allowed on pts between 2000-10000 is 500?! i've heard accounts in favor or denying this and also,[/QUOTE]

if you have the sony/playstation credit card, you can use however many points you want on anything. if you wanted drakes fortune, you should go play the wheel of fortune (wof) or sony pictures television (spt) games 12 times in a month to get 15% off all store items, making it 2890 points, and if you have at least that many points in your bank, you don't pay a dime out of pocket

2) once you register your 10th blu ray, (you would have gotten 1000 pts, each blu ray 100 pts x 10) I heard they cash out 1000 pts from you automatically to mail you a $10 blu ray gift certificate?
Thanks in advance
sadly, yes, they pull 1000 points on #10 (they didn't do this at first). And since the bluray $10 gc are totally useless because their BRs are full frickin price, it's a waste of time, but there is a workaround. If you have no points in your bank, they can't pull any of them. This includes "points on hold". So here's the trick, either spend them all before you register #10, 20, 30 (which is easier now and possibly in your favor since they have the PSN $10 vouchers). OR, tie up all your points in daily/weekly giveaways. If they're on hold, the bluray coupon can't take them (and you'll get the coupon anyways). So with the 1000 monthly and 500 daily, and the day it takes for them to give you back your points from the daily, you can put up to 2000 points on hold. Although you should leave 1 point in your bank for them to pull at the 10th, 20th, 30th bluray (i did it with zero in my bank, and they pulled half of the 100 pts i got for #10, which was kinda odd and didn't make much sense). And at #30, you get a 20% off electronics coupon, which is nice, and stacks on the wof/spt 15%, making their prices actually competitive lol. No points after #30 tho. This is how it played out for me like a year ago when i hit #30, they could have changed things since then but i doubt it. Coupons are still good too, even after a year.

Ok, I'm confused here. I have a few Blu-Rays here with BD Live, and I want to register via BD Live to get the credit. I know it has to be a Sony BD, but I what I do not know is how your Sony Rewards is attached to your BD Live registration. In other words, how do you get the points? I don't see on the registration form for BD Live, anywhere to connect it to your Sony Rewards acct. Do they do it by e-mail address or what?

[quote name='jh6269']Ok, I'm confused here. I have a few Blu-Rays here with BD Live, and I want to register via BD Live to get the credit. I know it has to be a Sony BD, but I what I do not know is how your Sony Rewards is attached to your BD Live registration. In other words, how do you get the points? I don't see on the registration form for BD Live, anywhere to connect it to your Sony Rewards acct. Do they do it by e-mail address or what?[/QUOTE]

I figured out that for a good portion of Sony Blu Ray Discs, just because it has BD Live DOES NOT mean you can register it to your account. I have 4 BD Live Blu Rays and can only register one (Resident Evil Degeneration)... most of these blu-rays were early release blu-rays and a majority of the current ones are registration accesible & allowed. There's some lists online I found before ( and am searching to try to provide a link) but try searching for a list i guess..

[quote name='jmarano7836']I figured out that for a good portion of Sony Blu Ray Discs, just because it has BD Live DOES NOT mean you can register it to your account. I have 4 BD Live Blu Rays and can only register one (Resident Evil Degeneration)... most of these blu-rays were early release blu-rays and a majority of the current ones are registration accesible & allowed. There's some lists online I found before ( and am searching to try to provide a link) but try searching for a list i guess..[/QUOTE]

Ok, but how is the BD Live registration connected to your Sony Rewards registration? In other words, how did you get credit on Sony Rewards by registering via BD Live?

It will ask you to sign in with your Sony rewards id/password when you register the BD Live disc via your BR player, that's how the credit will be linked to your points (there's a button where it says if you're a sony rewards member just click here and sign in, and you skip filling out the whole registration form)

Sent my "purchase request" form (for my newly purchased digital camera) off today. I'll update with the results.

Hopefully, there won't be a problem. I remember way back having issues getting the bonus points on the PS3 I purchased with the card. :l

I sent to get my triple points for a Sony Laptop I purchased at NewEgg. I sent the purchase on 12/14, and still no credit. So, some might be luckier than others. I've done it in the past and it's been ok, but this is taking forever. I may call soon.

I'm on the same boat. I submitted rewards purchase points on 12/14. Still haven't heard back from them. Maybe they got flooded during the Christmas season

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When registering for the Sony Card... it wants my Social Security Number??[/QUOTE]

how else they going to check your credit?

[quote name='darken']I'm on the same boat. I submitted rewards purchase points on 12/14. Still haven't heard back from them. Maybe they got flooded during the Christmas season[/QUOTE]

i would email/call (although it seems email has become useless lately with these guys). It was taking too long to get my triple points from my ps3, so i sent them an email and the worked it out in a day.

Does anyone else have points on hold from random days still? I have 500 points from 2/12/10 frozen, and also the monthly prize ones frozen from 2/8/10 (which should resolve by end of this week)... but the daily sweepstakes one..i dunnooo sony's slacking

Just a note, it took over 2 months to get a $900 credit (90,000 points) finally added to my account for the purchase of a Sony TV back in the beginning of December.

Just be patient and you'll get your credit after some time. The only thing that matters is that it is showing up as "Pending" in your credit requests list. I called the reps multiple times about this and they told me the delay was due to the overflow of requests over the holidays. My previous requests took a month to process.

informer

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When registering for the Sony Card... it wants my Social Security Number??[/QUOTE]
Heh, just wait until you buy your first house. You'll feel pretty violated after that.

[quote name='redline']Heh, just wait until you buy your first house. You'll feel pretty violated after that.[/QUOTE]
And wait until you get married, even more violated!

[quote name='hanun1002']I plan to apply for sony card.
Any good deal at the moment?[/QUOTE]

believe current deal for ps3 is still $50 credit towards purchase... plus the 250 pts min x3 = 750 pts or $7.50.... not horrible, but $100 back would be a steal:D

Well I just saw you need a sony card to use all your points. Finally had enough points to get a game, applied for a card and got denied. Not sure why, i have no debt and pay all my stuff off on time. Sucks I wasted all that time on there.

[quote name='Bucknut']Well I just saw you need a sony card to use all your points. Finally had enough points to get a game, applied for a card and got denied. Not sure why, i have no debt and pay all my stuff off on time. Sucks I wasted all that time on there.[/QUOTE]

totally just saw that as well. dont need another credit card. goozex it is for me.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If my brother already has a Sony Card, could I just attach his to my account to redeem my points?[/QUOTE]

If he already has an account I doubt it. I don't think you can have two rewards accounts with one card. If he doesn't have an account, keep in mind that all his rewards points in the future will go to your account. That may be great for you, but not so good for him.

[quote name='Bucknut']Well I just saw you need a sony card to use all your points. Finally had enough points to get a game, applied for a card and got denied. Not sure why, i have no debt and pay all my stuff off on time. Sucks I wasted all that time on there.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me - I did a little research on the issue, since I was rather shocked that I was declined a credit card.

Much like you, I have always paid off my credit card on time, and never have a balance - this is why you were denied. They don't think they'll be able to make any money off you with the card - it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, and apparently Chase are the only bank who do it, but the basic fact of the matter is that you were declined because you're too good with your money.

Blurgh - all I know is that Sony just lost a bunch of business from me (even if it is not their fault) - now that I have no incentive to buy PS3 titles, I'll generally go for the 360 option unless there is something overwhelmingly recommending the PS3 (eg : FFXIII not having to switch discs every three seconds).

[quote name='wuLFe']Same thing happened to me - I did a little research on the issue, since I was rather shocked that I was declined a credit card.

Much like you, I have always paid off my credit card on time, and never have a balance - this is why you were denied. They don't think they'll be able to make any money off you with the card - it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, and apparently Chase are the only bank who do it, but the basic fact of the matter is that you were declined because you're too good with your money.

Blurgh - all I know is that Sony just lost a bunch of business from me (even if it is not their fault) - now that I have no incentive to buy PS3 titles, I'll generally go for the 360 option unless there is something overwhelmingly recommending the PS3 (eg : FFXIII not having to switch discs every three seconds).[/QUOTE]

I don't think they denied you because of your good credit. I've always paid off my credit card and never pay interest but they were glad to give me a credit card (granted this was back in '07 before the financial meltdown). I think it may even come down more to the fact that the Sony Card may be considered a more prestigious rewards card to Chase considering all the free money they give away with the silly WoF/Jeopardy games that they only want to give the card out if they can give you a higher limit (>$5000). My brother has one bank credit card with a limit of $2000 and always paid it off but also got denied for the Sony Card a few months ago. Most likely because he has very little credit. They did give him the Chase Freedom though so it would appear that your point is moot that Chase will only give out CC's if they know you carry a balance.

[quote name='bigl523']I don't think they denied you because of your good credit. I've always paid off my credit card and never pay interest but they were glad to give me a credit card (granted this was back in '07 before the financial meltdown). I think it may even come down more to the fact that the Sony Card may be considered a more prestigious rewards card to Chase considering all the free money they give away with the silly WoF/Jeopardy games that they only want to give the card out if they can give you a higher limit (>$5000). [/QUOTE]

i'd honestly be surprised if even 5% of people knew about/played the wof, spt, and jeopardy games. And the percentage of them that know of the SpinID forums with the answers would be far less. They even cranked up the rewards dramatically a couple months ago with the jeopardy games, so they couldn't have been shelling out that much. To most everyone this is just a 1% cashback card with no fees and a small signup bonus.

Hey guys well Ill try to to sign up today for it. Now I just need some advice. Whats the pros/cons of the Sony Card and the Amazon CC card?? Also does the Sony and Playstation cards the same? For me it looks the Sony card is the only one that provides all the cool stuff from this thread. Thanx

[quote name='bigl523']I don't think they denied you because of your good credit. I've always paid off my credit card and never pay interest but they were glad to give me a credit card (granted this was back in '07 before the financial meltdown). I think it may even come down more to the fact that the Sony Card may be considered a more prestigious rewards card to Chase considering all the free money they give away with the silly WoF/Jeopardy games that they only want to give the card out if they can give you a higher limit (>$5000). My brother has one bank credit card with a limit of $2000 and always paid it off but also got denied for the Sony Card a few months ago. Most likely because he has very little credit. They did give him the Chase Freedom though so it would appear that your point is moot that Chase will only give out CC's if they know you carry a balance.[/QUOTE]

I can see your point, but i genuinely disagree with you... part of what the credit card companies do factor in, is the time you've had the card, current amount on the card, which essentially computes how much they are possible to make off of you.... i was in the same boat as you, and would continually pay off my CC, and my credit limit jumped from 500 too 2500 within the year... they also look at how big your charges are on the card too (i believe, which is reason for them to bump you up if you keep using your card).. but if you have insanely good credit, they would not be making any money off of you if you pay off your balance during your grace period... just saying...

[quote name='jmarano7836']I can see your point, but i genuinely disagree with you... part of what the credit card companies do factor in, is the time you've had the card, current amount on the card, which essentially computes how much they are possible to make off of you.... i was in the same boat as you, and would continually pay off my CC, and my credit limit jumped from 500 too 2500 within the year... they also look at how big your charges are on the card too (i believe, which is reason for them to bump you up if you keep using your card).. but if you have insanely good credit, they would not be making any money off of you if you pay off your balance during your grace period... just saying...[/QUOTE]
Hell, credit card companies haven't made a single penny in interest off of me in over 18 years. The only interest I pay is on my house.

[quote name='jmarano7836']I can see your point, but i genuinely disagree with you... part of what the credit card companies do factor in, is the time you've had the card, current amount on the card, which essentially computes how much they are possible to make off of you.... i was in the same boat as you, and would continually pay off my CC, and my credit limit jumped from 500 too 2500 within the year... they also look at how big your charges are on the card too (i believe, which is reason for them to bump you up if you keep using your card).. but if you have insanely good credit, they would not be making any money off of you if you pay off your balance during your grace period... just saying...[/QUOTE]
I actually applied for the card a few weeks ago and got approved. I only have one other credit card (Amazon card also from Chase) and have never carried a balance on it. Furthermore I don't have much of a credit history apart from the Amazon card for less than a year, my cell phone bill and a car loan.

You guys don't realize that credit card companies charge a transaction fee to the vendor every time you use the card, so they are in fact making money off of you even if you don't pay interest.

[quote name='bigl523']You guys don't realize that credit card companies charge a transaction fee to the vendor every time you use the card, so they are in fact making money off of you even if you don't pay interest.[/QUOTE]Really, ya don't say? Wow, I had no idea.:roll: Thats pocket change compared to the interest though. Plus, the vendor spreads that around to all customers not just credit card customers. Even the cash paying customers have to eat part of that.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Really, ya don't say? Wow, I had no idea.:roll: Thats pocket change compared to the interest though. Plus, the vendor spreads that around to all customers not just credit card customers. Even the cash paying customers have to eat part of that.[/QUOTE]

All I'm trying to get across is that Chase isn't going to flat out deny you a credit card simply because you have a squeaky clean statement and that they know they aren't going to make any money off of you via interest. If anything they would LOVE to give you a card because you are easy money (assuming you use the card regularly) and they don't have to worry about you defaulting as there is very little risk. There's a reason why you typically don't get a credit card if you have terrible/no credit history.

There's a little bit more going on with vendor's spreading around the "cost" of using the credit card. It's a love/hate relationship between the two. Sure they get screwed if you go in and buy a pack of gum and use your Visa card. This is why small mom and pop stores will require a minimum of like $5 or $10 (even though this is technically against their agreement and illegal, see here) However, the vendor has a higher likelihood of getting customer's to buy more if they use a credit card than paying with cash. I wouldn't expect all items to cost a significant amount more because the store is factoring in that you are going to be buying everything and anything with a card.

[quote name='bigl523']All I'm trying to get across is that Chase isn't going to flat out deny you a credit card simply because you have a squeaky clean statement and that they know they aren't going to make any money off of you via interest. If anything they would LOVE to give you a card because you are easy money (assuming you use the card regularly) and they don't have to worry about you defaulting as there is very little risk. There's a reason why you typically don't get a credit card if you have terrible/no credit history.
[/QUOTE]

I'd be most interested to find out the reason I was denied then - squeaky clean credit history, no debt other than mortgage/car loan, homeowner, extremely high credit rating, no defaults on any bills, existing card with a high credit limit used intermittently, but generally used only for large purchases, stable employment, relatively decent salary, etc, etc.

The official reason that I was given in the denial letter was:
"Cost of opening account exceeds expected revenue generated from account" - that certainly sounds to me like they're denying me the credit based on me being too creditworthy!

[quote name='wuLFe']I'd be most interested to find out the reason I was denied then - squeaky clean credit history, no debt other than mortgage/car loan, homeowner, extremely high credit rating, no defaults on any bills, existing card with a high credit limit used intermittently, but generally used only for large purchases, stable employment, relatively decent salary, etc, etc.

"Cost of opening account exceeds expected revenue generated from account" - that certainly sounds to me like they're denying me the credit based on me being too creditworthy![/QUOTE]

Jeez, that's weak. I guess I take back what I said :whistle2:#

[quote name='wuLFe']
"Cost of opening account exceeds expected revenue generated from account" - that certainly sounds to me like they're denying me the credit based on me being too creditworthy![/QUOTE]
They will give you a card after you pay only the minimum payment for a few months on your other cards. LOL

You would think they could make money off the 2% transaction fees from the merchants....then again 2% fee is nothing compared to the 20% interest they were making.

What is your credit score? Mine's like in the 780s and I got approved right away... But I do have another card through Chase... maybe that had something to do w/it. I believe that if you're declined, you have the right to a free credit report and a reason for why you were denied. Perhaps you do not have enough credit, or don't have a long enough credit history.

Don't fret about the 3%-4% transaction fees that the merchant pays. People that pay by debit card or cash pay the same price as you do when you use a credit card.

[quote name='jh6269']What is your credit score? Mine's like in the 780s and I got approved right away... But I do have another card through Chase... maybe that had something to do w/it. I believe that if you're declined, you have the right to a free credit report and a reason for why you were denied. Perhaps you do not have enough credit, or don't have a long enough credit history.

Don't fret about the 3%-4% transaction fees that the merchant pays. People that pay by debit card or cash pay the same price as you do when you use a credit card.[/QUOTE]

Mine is about the same I believe - just had to have a credit check done recently when I refinanced my house - it's definitely not a credit issue, since over the last year I have refinanced my home, and bought a new car, both of which one would think have a far more stringent credit requirement than a credit card.

I'm not really too upset about it, since I really only wanted the card for the sweet, sweet Sony points, and its not life or death or anything, but I was certainly a little taken aback by being declined :)

Oh well - I'll quit whining about it, and wish everybody who DID get the card best of luck in getting all the free goodies Im going to be missing out on :bomb:

@wuLFe

Sorry dude, guess you can always wait 30 days, or whatever the time period is, and reapply.

I like this card b/c I can get so many free PSN games with the free points. I think you can get like 435+ points a week for free:

10 points (daily) - Sony Pictures question
25 points (daily)- Final Jeopardy Category
10 points (daily)- Wheel of fortune
10 points - Anniversary question on Wheel of Fortune site
200 points - Jeopardy weekly contest
---
45 daily points x 5 days = 225 points a week, + 200 + 10 = 435 a week.

I know the 10 points for that anniversary question comes up more than once a week, but I don't know the frequency (bi-weekly?).

So, every 1,000 points is a $10 Sony PSN Card, so I've been "buying" games like mad. The cool thing is that it's instant and I can spend the points and get my code right away. Anyway, I don't feel so bad about buying the premium themes and all the other rip-offs when the points are free LOL

bread's done
Back