The Demo & Beta Thread

There's a Gran Turismo 4 Demo Disc being given out by Toyota.
To obtain it,
Go to toyota.com, go to Vehicles -> Brochures -> Request a Brochure.
Fill in all of the details, and where it says "select two vehicle-specific brochures", make sure one of the entries says Prius (doesn't matter what the other is). You should get your disc along with some other brochures very quickly in the mail. :)

[quote name='tumbenhaur']There's a Gran Turismo 4 Demo Disc being given out by Toyota.
To obtain it,
Fill in all of the details, and where it says "select two vehicle-specific brochures", make sure one of the entries says Prius (doesn't matter what the other is). You should get your disc along with some other brochures very quickly in the mail. :)[/quote]

Nice one, thanks.

Well, I filled that out, but I'm wondering if it is actually a demo for Gran Turismo. If it is, they mispelled it... After I submitted it, it listed 'Gran Tourismo 4 DVD' as one of the items ordered. Is the Tourismo part just a typo on their part?

from what i've heard, it's a demo with 1 car, 1 song, and it's timed so that u cannot even finish the number of laps. o well ,free is always good

[quote name='tumbenhaur']There's a Gran Turismo 4 Demo Disc being given out by Toyota.
To obtain it,
Fill in all of the details, and where it says "select two vehicle-specific brochures", make sure one of the entries says Prius (doesn't matter what the other is). You should get your disc along with some other brochures very quickly in the mail. :)[/quote]If this works, you are the master. *crosses fingers* This could be the best demo deal ever.

[quote name='TheVandit']from what i've heard, it's a demo with 1 car, 1 song, and it's timed so that u cannot even finish the number of laps. o well ,free is always good[/quote]That's more than eleventy billion times better than no demo at all. ^_^

Thanks for the GT4 demo! I'm gonna have to pass this on to my buddies at ocgn.com! (Online Console Gaming Network)

On the other hand, if you're into Phantasy Star Online, and you have a Windows PC, you'll like what I'm about to tell you!

PSO: Blue Burst is currently in OPEN beta over in japan! This means you don't even have to sign up to get the beta! Just download, make an account, and get on.

It's in Japanese but there are many helpful guides on the website I'm about to link you to.

To get PSO:BB beta, and learn how to get it running and how to get an account, snoop around:
http://forums.psocheats.net/index.php?showforum=35

*Also, please search before posting a question! Tons of repeated questions are there, you're bound to find your question somewhere--most likely in one of the pinned topics.

[quote name='Ebraum']Got mine today &.......it couldn't suck more. Still cool to have in the colection though.[/quote]

By "it", do you refer to the GT4 demo? For the benefit of those of us who have not yet received it, what about it sucks? Is it non-playable?

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Ebraum']Got mine today &.......it couldn't suck more. Still cool to have in the colection though.[/quote]

By "it", do you refer to the GT4 demo? For the benefit of those of us who have not yet received it, what about it sucks? Is it non-playable?[/quote]

I just got mine today, I also know what he means. It features two tracks, a racing track and a rally course. It has two cars,which I can't remember the names of right now. You have a 2 minute time for each track. That's why it sucks, it won't even let you finish the track.

i'm guessing it'll be like one of those racing games where i just drive around hitting other cars then

[quote name='Cracka']i'm guessing it'll be like one of those racing games where i just drive around hitting other cars then[/quote]

The problem is... there are no other cars in the demo, lol.

I just got mine today, I also know what he means. It features two tracks, a racing track and a rally course. It has two cars,which I can't remember the names of right now. You have a 2 minute time for each track. That's why it sucks, it won't even let you finish the track.

Come on people! If the demo had half a car on a drag strip for 15 seconds, it's still be awesome! It's frikkin' GT4! And the demo is free, and the only one we'll have for a while (until OPSM gets one in a few months...). Don't complain. It's a lot better than no demo at all.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Come on people! If the demo had half a car on a drag strip for 15 seconds, it's still be awesome! It's frikkin' GT4! And the demo is free, and the only one we'll have for a while (until OPSM gets one in a few months...). Don't complain. It's a lot better than no demo at all.[/quote]Hell yeah! That's what I'm saying!!! I'm excited now to hear that it actually has 2 tracks and 2 cars!!! How could anybody possibly complain?!

The problem is... there are no other cars in the demo, lol.

......those...basterds...

so is there any purpose to the demo at all? cruise around in a car for 2 minutes by yourself.. sadly i will still play this demo when i get it lmao

[quote name='Cracka']so is there any purpose to the demo at all?[/quote]Well, you could always just enjoy the incredible feeling of actually driving in GT4.

Usually when driving with just one car, the goal is to get to a certain point in the lowest amount of time. Since the time is set, the goal is reversed and you instead should strive to get as far as you can in that limited time.

If you need a goal to enjoy the demo, it's not hard to find one.

It's ok I guess. I mean, it look's good. It's just the cars kinda blow (Prius )
you really can't get up any speed, and you can't finish a track. Put it this way, the demo ain't gonna make you by the game.

Although some of you probably already got Front Mission 4 from the website, both FM4 and Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain are available at EB (free, obviously). However, it may be slightly YMMV. I was at 2 EBs the other day, and only one of the stores had the demos.

heh.... my GT04 demo arrived lmao...

the cars look badass... i mean its not unbearable, its KINDA fun?

the racecar is badass lookin and goes fast as hell, but has no handling at all, so if you're making a..170 degree turn or sharper, you lose control lol..

the other car goes kinda slow.. i just like driving off the road on the street track and hit the emergency brake in the gravel lmao... that amused me for a minute or 2..

i also decided while i was playin demo's, i'd play my front mission 4 demo that i have had for a while now..

uh.. it wasnt great.. but it wasnt that bad i guess.. i just dont like that kinda game where you take turns attacking each other.. when i saw the screenshots of it, i was expecting a mechassault type game :(

I got my GT4 Toyota demo today, and it is really incredible, I'm loving it. ^_^ I will definately have to get this game and the PSP port as well. I don't care if there's 2 tracks and 2 cars, it's still FREE. You just can't beat free!!! Thanks a lot for the heads up about this. ^_^ According to several gaming news sites, the demo has been so popular that Toyota has already ran out of them.

On a side note: My FM4 demo still hasn't come. Oh-well, the GT4 Toyota demo totally makes up for it ten-fold.

I got my GT4 Toyota demo today, and it is really incredible, I'm loving it. ^_^ I will definately have to get this game and the PSP port as well. I don't care if there's 2 tracks and 2 cars, it's still FREE. You just can't beat free!!! Thanks a lot for the heads up about this. ^_^ According to several gaming news sites, the demo has been so popular that Toyota has already ran out of them.

On a side note: My FM4 demo still hasn't come. Oh-well, the GT4 Toyota demo totally makes up for it ten-fold.

...have you played it more than once? i mean like... played it... turned it off.. and came back later and played again? ... i played it once... i mean it was fun seeing the cars.. and driving fast.. but got boring..

One thing that you need to understand about the Toyota GT4 demo is that it is more intended to be a Prius demo than a GT4 demo. You see, this demo was custom made for Toyota by Polophony about a year ago, and it was set up in kiosks at a lot of Toyota dealerships. So it's more of a Prius (and concept racer) demo using the GT4 engine than a full-fledged demo of GT4. See? They said that they would never distribute it publically, though...I guess they changed their minds. Anyway, I had a blast with it. I'm basically time trial-ing to see how fast I can finish the tracks...so yes, I HAVE come back and played it more than once.

[quote name='Cracka']...have you played it more than once? i mean like... played it... turned it off.. and came back later and played again? ... i played it once... i mean it was fun seeing the cars.. and driving fast.. but got boring..[/quote]It's a DEMO. It's not supposed to have several hours of gameplay. But anyway, I've played it maybe about 3 hours so far, and I expect I'll triple that time before I get too tired of it. (9 hours is pretty good actually). As far as games go, it is pretty crappy, but as far as demos go it's really good. (don't forget it's FREE)

BTW, to those that have said it's not possible to finish a lap: STFU because you don't know what you're talking about. :evil: I was EASILY able to do a lap on both of the tracks in that weird looking concept car thing within the time limit.

I got my FM4 demo a couple of weeks ago, I am digging this game. It comes with 5 or 6 missions. You can customize your Mech, adding armor, weapons, paint jobs. It's a real nice demo. The final battle is pretty tough, haven't been able to beat it yet.

I just checked ebay and they have one going for $7.50. Of course I'm trying to get rid of mine, but I'm going to try to trade it to someone before selling it. If anyone's interested, I posted what I'd trade for it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Someone stole my demo. I got the pckage in the mail, and it was opened. Inside, no demo.[/quote]

I'd kill my mailman.

Started playing the Monster Hunter demo today. Don't like how they mapped the camera control to the d-pad....

I assume you're all signed up for the Ratchet and Clank UYA beta. I got an invite email today and I signed up, and it appeared I was in. Sounds great though.

[quote name='JohnHam']I assume you're all signed up for the Ratchet and Clank UYA beta. I got an invite email today and I signed up, and it appeared I was in. Sounds great though.[/quote]

Where did you sign up for this?

bread's done
Back