The Demo & Beta Thread

[quote name='supermariomelee']I just checked ebay and they have one going for $7.50. Of course I'm trying to get rid of mine, but I'm going to try to trade it to someone before selling it. If anyone's interested, I posted what I'd trade for it.[/quote]

Most ppl are selling them for around $20. That's four CC games!!!

Toyota gave me a offer for a $30 gift card at outback steakhouse instead, you have to get a dealer to sign the mail in coupon and then you get the $30 in the mail. Has anyone else gotten the outback offer instead of the gt4 demo?

If you try to register a brouchure now there's a little caption at the bottem that says

"The Sony Playstation Gran Turismo 4 demo disc is no longer available. "

I guess it's over :(

[quote name='darth007']Toyota gave me a offer for a $30 gift card at outback steakhouse instead, you have to get a dealer to sign the mail in coupon and then you get the $30 in the mail. Has anyone else gotten the outback offer instead of the gt4 demo? [/quote]

I got the GT4 demo and the Outback coupon.

I just got my Front Mission 4 demo. It took them long enough. It doesn't help anymore mainly cause I am half way through the game already.

just got an email saying that there are no more discs and I don't get one. When I signed up, I got confirmation saying I would get one. WTF???....

[quote name='LoganDX']just got an email saying that there are no more discs and I don't get one. When I signed up, I got confirmation saying I would get one. WTF???....[/quote]

It's cause the demand exceeded the supply. There have been a few other people complaining about this too.

[quote name='LoganDX']just got an email saying that there are no more discs and I don't get one. When I signed up, I got confirmation saying I would get one. WTF???....[/quote]

It's cause the demand exceeded the supply. There have been a few other people complaining about this too.

dont know if this is new or not, but i just got an email from sony inviting me to the next beta test: WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW....

[quote name='popps']dont know if this is new or not, but i just got an email from sony inviting me to the next beta test: WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW....[/quote]

How would I go about getting in on this?

[quote name='popps']dont know if this is new or not, but i just got an email from sony inviting me to the next beta test: WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW....[/quote]

ahh shit just signed up!!! Need something after the piece of shit that was Monster Hunter....

[quote name='dpatel'] How would I go about getting in on this?[/quote]

You have to sign up for the Playstation Underground @ the Playstation site and check that you want to beta test. You need to have a network adapter before they will consider you and you usually get chosen at random. They're also limited to usually a few thousand. I've gotten 3 invites so far..

[quote name='LoganDX'][quote name='popps']dont know if this is new or not, but i just got an email from sony inviting me to the next beta test: WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW....[/quote]

ahh shit just signed up!!! Need something after the piece of shit that was Monster Hunter....

You have to sign up for the Playstation Underground @ the Playstation site and check that you want to beta test. You need to have a network adapter before they will consider you and you usually get chosen at random. They're also limited to usually a few thousand. I've gotten 3 invites so far..[/quote]

everyone who beta tested monster hunter seemed to be rewarded by getting to beta test WWE.

At least you get to test it before they make you spend money on it. I am gonna plop down 50 for it no matter what

You have to sign up for the Playstation Underground @ the Playstation site and check that you want to beta test. You need to have a network adapter before they will consider you and you usually get chosen at random. They're also limited to usually a few thousand. I've gotten 3 invites so far..[/quote]

Thanks. Just signed up. I'm guessing that I am too late for WWE vs. Smackdown though.

I've never gotten an invite from that damn Underground..

Hmm..

And my FM 4 demo never came, despite registering on the first day. Oh well, picked up a couple at E3 instead.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='LoganDX'][quote name='popps']dont know if this is new or not, but i just got an email from sony inviting me to the next beta test: WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW....[/quote]

everyone who beta tested monster hunter seemed to be rewarded by getting to beta test WWE.

At least you get to test it before they make you spend money on it. I am gonna plop down 50 for it no matter what[/quote]

They are gonna need to do some fixin' fo sho' before I'd buy it...

[quote name='LoganDX'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='LoganDX'][quote name='popps']dont know if this is new or not, but i just got an email from sony inviting me to the next beta test: WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW....[/quote]

At least you get to test it before they make you spend money on it. I am gonna plop down 50 for it no matter what[/quote]

They are gonna need to do some fixin' fo sho' before I'd buy it...[/quote]

Damn.. I was really looking forward to Monster Hunter. It seemed like a really sweet game.

Don't get me wrong, it has a sweet concept. There was just some camera problems(especially how they mapped it to the d-pad) and some gameplay issues for me. Since it was a beta, I'm hoping these problems get fleshed out before going gold...

What Logan said, only add in the fact that the "online" needs restructuring. Try to get a 4 man team together with only 5 people on the server. Yeah, you'll feel left out fast.

[quote name='Pulsar']What Logan said, only add in the fact that the "online" needs restructuring. Try to get a 4 man team together with only 5 people on the server. Yeah, you'll feel left out fast.[/quote]

I tried the online part for a bit but it seemed ..hollow. Maybe because even when I went to a town that had people in it, they weren't actually there...

[quote name='Pulsar']What Logan said, only add in the fact that the "online" needs restructuring. Try to get a 4 man team together with only 5 people on the server. Yeah, you'll feel left out fast.[/quote]
HSG:Fore! was the same way. The first day, around 100 people were on. Recently, there have been about 10.

im pretty sure im in...i have that "BETA" tab whenever i log on to playstation.com...im also able to access the beta message board and other stuff...seems like they havent sent it out yet...

says it started on 7/19 and ends 8/20...its already the 29th and no one has it....

just got the second beta email confirmation...i should be receiving it in ~3 days...im not a big wrestling fan, so if anyone wants it or wants to trade/buy it, pm me...

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that Sony will be releasing a first-come-first-serve beta of KillZone Online Kit to the first 1000 requests.

update on the killzone beta....
Ive gotten different dates, but around august 18, Sony will start hosting Killzone multiplayer Servers. They've expanded the test from 1,000 to 10,000. The first people confirmed for the beta are employees of EB who signed up. The next batch comes to various members of Playstation Underground. Each kit will come with a code to enter to verify their beta account. i don't know when, but at a certain point they will close the accounts of anyone who hasn't yet opened their account. the remaining kits go out to the public.

[quote name='TheVandit']update on the killzone beta....
Ive gotten different dates, but around august 18, Sony will start hosting Killzone multiplayer Servers. They've expanded the test from 1,000 to 10,000. The first people confirmed for the beta are employees of EB who signed up. The next batch comes to various members of Playstation Underground. Each kit will come with a code to enter to verify their beta account. i don't know when, but at a certain point they will close the accounts of anyone who hasn't yet opened their account. the remaining kits go out to the public.[/quote]

so...is it that whichever members have been w/ underground longer (w/ the beta checked) will be first to receive the beta?

i hope so b/c i've been a member for 2+ years and have still yet to receive an invite :(

First it goes out to the EB employees who were "secretly" asked to participate in. then they ship out the kits to the selected PSUnderground testers. XY weeks later, they will give the rest of the unused kits and keys to the public. I'm a little fishy about the number of 10,000 though.

What do you mean to the public? You will be able to get it in stores? Sony will send it to random registered users? How can you get one?

[quote name='TheVandit']too late. all accounts have been used for the killzone beta

its a letdown anyways[/quote]
I liked the Killzone beta, I think it'll be awesome once they fix the problems.
There's an open beta of Tribes Vengeance on Fileplanet if anybody is interested.

[quote name='TheVandit']First it goes out to the EB employees who were "secretly" asked to participate in. then they ship out the kits to the selected PSUnderground testers. XY weeks later, they will give the rest of the unused kits and keys to the public. I'm a little fishy about the number of 10,000 though.[/quote]

lol i'd like to know which EB employees those are because I didn't get one, my brother didn't get one, the boss didn't get one.. no one got one.. I think it's funny how you think they do, though.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='TheVandit']First it goes out to the EB employees who were "secretly" asked to participate in. then they ship out the kits to the selected PSUnderground testers. XY weeks later, they will give the rest of the unused kits and keys to the public. I'm a little fishy about the number of 10,000 though.[/quote]

lol i'd like to know which EB employees those are because I didn't get one, my brother didn't get one, the boss didn't get one.. no one got one.. I think it's funny how you think they do, though.[/quote]

My boss did. He said that it wasn't that good though. Certainly not the "Halo Killer" that the Sony rep said it's supposed to be. Yeah, it's just a beta, but I don't know how anyone can have the balls to claim that their game is the Halo Killer.

It's not hard to make the claim. Halo is a mediocre FPS. The only reason it's so big is because it came out at a time when XBox was starving for an FPS. That's why Halo is widely successful on XBox and a huge disappointment for PC.

I dunno, but i have Halo on the PC and it's absolutely the best PC game i've ever played considering it's age. I have played all the other FPS such as CoD, CounterS, HL,Tribes, and nothing comes up to Halo's single player and especially multiplayer mode. Lag is issue online though.

Halo is the greatest xbox game ever made, but not the best pc fps. Tribes, UT2K4, CS, Half-Life??? These are the games that define PC gaming, and Halo just merely contributes. Halo for Xbox is a no brainer, but for PC, there is no question there are better fps's. Either way, isn't this the demo/beta thread? I had to make a response to this Halo ordeal, but shouldn't we get back to discussing demos and betas? I got the free beta to Trend-Micro Internet Security Pc-Chillin 2005 and when the full version is released, I get a one year lic key free! I signed up 3 times so i can sell two others on eBay. Any takers, PM me.

[quote name='Flashmonkey']Halo is the greatest xbox game ever made, but not the best pc fps. Tribes, UT2K4, CS, Half-Life??? These are the games that define PC gaming, and Halo just merely contributes. Halo for Xbox is a no brainer, but for PC, there is no question there are better fps's. Either way, isn't this the demo/beta thread? I had to make a response to this Halo ordeal, but shouldn't we get back to discussing demos and betas? I got the free beta to Trend-Micro Internet Security Pc-Chillin 2005 and when the full version is released, I get a one year lic key free! I signed up 3 times so I can sell two others on eBay. Any takers, PM me.[/quote]

[quote name='Flashmonkey'][quote name='Flashmonkey']Halo is the greatest xbox game ever made, but not the best pc fps. Tribes, UT2K4, CS, Half-Life??? These are the games that define PC gaming, and Halo just merely contributes. Halo for Xbox is a no brainer, but for PC, there is no question there are better fps's. Either way, isn't this the demo/beta thread? I had to make a response to this Halo ordeal, but shouldn't we get back to discussing demos and betas? I got the free beta to Trend-Micro Internet Security Pc-Chillin 2005 and when the full version is released, I get a one year lic key free! I signed up 3 times so I can sell two others on eBay. Any takers, PM me.[/quote][/quote]

I agree, and the PC port sucks too

I'm in the Alpha test for Naruto 3D, a FFT-esque Naruto game that's being developed at my school. My whole Game Concept Design Class gets to join in and give some good feedback. We're testing the online part which allows teams of ninja to fight other teams of ninja. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on 'til the beta starts.

bread's done
Back