The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2rcrkoj.jpg

seue6g.jpg

NES With Everything An Action Set Included (Aside From A NES Max In Place of A Zapper) - 3
PS2 & Genesis Box - 15

Asked 5 for the NES & took 3. The guy said I could have the whole box for 15 when he saw me digging in the PS2, Genesis box. The seller was actually an old regular who I used buy older games from when he had them who quit selling about 2 years ago. BSing with him for a few minutes it sounded as if he was just trying to move lots of stuff today and wasen't going to be selling regularly again. Socom 3 & THUG 2 are missing the games, the rest for the most part are complete.

519b90.jpg

3 Guides, Manual & 2600 Trak-ball Controller - 5
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis - 1.50
2 Playstation Games - 3
Mystical Ninja Goemon - 10

Dollar a guide and 3 for the Trak-ball, offered 5. RE3 was 2, offered 1 and we meet in the middle. The other 2 PS1 games were also 2 each and offered 3 for 2. Mystical Ninja was actually from a different flea market I only end up going to a few times a year and was asking price.

Jesus who would sell an NES for $3, and how come none of these people are ever where I go lol. People always want at least $50, today I had a lady that wanted $75 for one! Oh, but only 125 if I bought another one.:roll:

Fonewearl- those are some great finds... but don't you feel a little douchey haggling with an already crazy low price... I am talking about the nes lot with an asking price of $5... the bundling is natural in my book.

I was at a yard sale yesterday that was a fundraiser for a woman with lupus and after I paid and was leaving I heard someone haggling on price. I suppose it is fair and all, but everything was very reasonably priced and just seems a little tacky to do at sales to benefit the sick/charities/etc.

On topic, I don't make it to the flea market too much as it is a ~40 min drive and vendors usually have ebay prices or $8-$12 per cart. I did pick up Sunset Riders for $7.50 last time I went though.

Went to a few local flea markets Sunday not much did pick up NCAA Football 2011 (xbox 360) and kill.switch (xbox) both in near mint condition with case/art work/manual for $13 total.

Also I almost bought a Dreamcast with 2 controllers and power cable but no AV cable for $10, woman said it was in working condition but couldn't pull the trigger, was regretting it on the drive home though....what are some of the better titles to get for the DC?

Resell values on Dreamcasts are horrible... He could've gotten SOME profit, but not more than a $15 return after fees and shipping since it's a console. Especially without an AV cable.

Average on ebay seems to be $25 without games.

I just bought one last night with two controllers, two VMUs, Sega Bass Fishing, Skies of Arcadia and all cords for 35 shipped. Resell is crap.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Resell values on Dreamcasts are horrible... He could've gotten SOME profit, but not more than a $15 return after fees and shipping since it's a console. Especially without an AV cable.

Average on ebay seems to be $25 without games.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I'm selling one later this week.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Jesus who would sell an NES for $3, and how come none of these people are ever where I go lol. People always want at least $50, today I had a lady that wanted $75 for one! Oh, but only 125 if I bought another one.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Country folk is the best explanation I can give you. This place used to be better and I now see people selling systems for $25 and sometimes somebody will be selling an Atari for more then it's worth but this place certainly ain't as bad as your typical flea market stereo type of today with a video game vendor who's prices are mostly equal to or greater then online selling prices all across the board.

[quote name='kobberbean']Fonewearl- those are some great finds... but don't you feel a little douchey haggling with an already crazy low price... I am talking about the nes lot with an asking price of $5... the bundling is natural in my book.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I didn't really think of it as a lot since it only came with SMB/DH. The NES is going to need a good cleaning and could be shot, if the guy didn't take my offer I certainly wouldn't have pressed the issue and would have went ahead with $5.

This weekends Flea Market finds:
All 4 PS2 Games for $25....i never spend this much but games were in mint shape. Rambo 3 for $3 and Contra Hard Corps for $10. Also stopped at a yard sale and got Mario Kart 64 for $1.
l.jpg

[quote name='Rexall']What is the resell on the DC? I'm debating selling mine.[/QUOTE]

$20 for local dealings I'd say; condition and import compatibility probably factors in a little bit too. I think Ash's DCs were hitting $30-35 at CAG lowball because of the quality involved.

Yeah I was considering the DC for myself though I'm really looking for a NES or N64. What are good prices for those? I just want them for nostalgia to play Mario and some older titles (really feel like playing Star Wars Shadows of the Empire for some reason)

Picked up a Falcon Elite xbox 360 console (w/120GB HDD) and a Zephyr Halo 3 LE xbox 360 console, with all cables except 1 of the AV cords, for $55 earlier today at the local flea market downtown. Here I come craigslist to make some quick, easy $$$. :D

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Yeah I was considering the DC for myself though I'm really looking for a NES or N64. What are good prices for those? I just want them for nostalgia to play Mario and some older titles (really feel like playing Star Wars Shadows of the Empire for some reason)[/QUOTE]

I've got a spare Shadows of the Empire and a bunch of $4 to $2 commons for local sale actually. System prices depend on your area, mine's kinda retro game depressed so most consoles appear for $20 if I'm patient. You could probably trade a DC straight up for an n64; it all depends whether somebody needs the system and has extras.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I've got a spare Shadows of the Empire and a bunch of $4 to $2 commons for local sale actually. System prices depend on your area, mine's kinda retro game depressed so most consoles appear for $20 if I'm patient. You could probably trade a DC straight up for an n64; it all depends whether somebody needs the system and has extras.[/QUOTE]

looking on craigslist most people want between $50-$80 for a N64 with controller(s) and a few games, someone has it with 12 games for $75 but lives about an hour away, tempted by that one but $75 seems like too much considering I'm really only interested in a few of the games. Here is the link if anyone wants to tell me what a good price for the bundle would be

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/3000502649.html

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']looking on craigslist most people want between $50-$80 for a N64 with controller(s) and a few games, someone has it with 12 games for $75 but lives about an hour away, tempted by that one but $75 seems like too much considering I'm really only interested in a few of the games. Here is the link if anyone wants to tell me what a good price for the bundle would be

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/3000502649.html[/QUOTE]
That's a really good deal. Super Smash Bros alone will run you $30 by itself. I would ask if he wants to meet half way, even if he didn't id still drive out there. That's a hell of a deal imo

That'd be a good deal for the price he's asking really, especially if you wanted it to keep.

Resale would probably net you more than he's asking anyway

Warcraft 2 Shareware Version which was in it's original jewel case- $2.50

No box though but I don't mind. I am actually gonna install it and play it sometime for fun.

Just had my biggest find in awhile. Hit up a flea market and scored a Neo Geo AES console only.
$25. Woohooo!!!

It was funny, because the dude had a ton of boxed stuff like a Virtual Boy and SNES, NES and other stuff like the Tubo Grafx 16. Those prices were on par with normal but this was so cheap. Now to get some cables and controllers.

[quote name='Percy Harvin']Just had my biggest find in awhile. Hit up a flea market and scored a Neo Geo AES console only.
$25. Woohooo!!!

It was funny, because the dude had a ton of boxed stuff like a Virtual Boy and SNES, NES and other stuff like the Tubo Grafx 16. Those prices were on par with normal but this was so cheap. Now to get some cables and controllers.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit dude what a fucking steal. I don't know about the power supply of the AES, but I know the AES uses the same composite cables as the model 1 Sega Master System.

Went to the flea market and picked up

Pokemon Pinball (GBC) = $2
Sega Saturn controller = $3
Mario Party (N64) = $15
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtes: Tournament Fighters (SNES)= $5
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua brand new action figure (My favorite all time UFC fighter) = $2

Very happy about my finds. I've been looking for Mario Party for forever and since I already have the 2nd and 3rd one on the N64 I had to pick up the 1st one. Also happy about picking up the Sega Saturn Controller for cheap because I throw some Saturn Bomberman parties.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Oh shit dude what a fucking steal. I don't know about the power supply of the AES, but I know the AES uses the same composite cables as the model 1 Sega Master System.[/QUOTE]

the port for power looks to use a regular brick supply. I'll do some research. I passed it up at first even though I new what it was. As I was walking around, I was like, "What the fuck am I doing?" and went back and talked him down from his initial price of $45.:bouncy:

[quote name='Percy Harvin']the port for power looks to use a regular brick supply. I'll do some research. I passed it up at first even though I new what it was. As I was walking around, I was like, "What the fuck am I doing?" and went back and talked him down from his initial price of $45.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

This might help you I took a picture of my Neo Geo AES power supply so that you know the proper inputs when you are looking for a power supply for your AES. Hope this helps :)

securedownload.jpg

Good day. Stupidly ran out of money and missed a 10 saturn with 3d controller and 10 colecovision. Oh well.

Got:

Panzer dragoon ii zwei complete: 1.00
Some surfing game for dreamcast: 1.00
Dead or alive 2 and sega gt disc only: 1.00 for both

Knights of the old republic 2 (xbox), pac man 2 (genesis), rygar (nes): 10.00
xmen children of the atom (saturn), ssx tricky (gc), dragon warrior(nes): 10.00
Ice hockey (nes), marble madness (nes), shadow dancer (genesis): 10.00

Not a bad day. Could not get this one guy to come down on startropics but oh well. Another wanted 20 for any game, even common nes ones. Passed on that. He had some cool stuff (few jaguar games, chrono trigger for 120) but would not budge.

[quote name='Metal Militia']This might help you I took a picture of my Neo Geo AES power supply so that you know the proper inputs when you are looking for a power supply for your AES. Hope this helps :)

securedownload.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thanks. The hunt to make it complete will be a blast.

NES with zapper, controller, SMB/Duck Hunt, Super Star Wars, and Arkanoid NES - $30
Ice Hockey - $3
Strider (NES) and Tecmo NBA Basketball (SNES) - $5
Gex: Enter the Gecko (PS1, missing manual) - 25 cents

A guy had a box of games that was water damaged and tried to sell them for $5 each. Most of the games were for 360 and half were sports games. I tried to get Wave Race 64 for $3 but he wouldn't budge, so I walked away.

Flea market (great day)
N64 complete w/ 7 games (tested and works) $13
Odyssey 2 no power cord plus spider man vs xmen for snes $5 (never saw one before)
24 seasons 1-4 official hong kong DVD boxset $5 (bought because it looks cool if anyone knows a value plmk)
Seinfeld seasons 1-9 box set $10
Transformers g1 skullcruncher excellent shape and had headmaster and tail but missing gun $30 (picked up gun for $15) so complete skullcruncher for $45
Snes mini system missing av cable $14 (picked up av cable from salvation army for $1 so it is now complete)
Metal gear solid VR missions $1
Law and order year 6 $2
24 season 5 $1
External Blu ray burner still sealed $5
Singstar mic set $2
Xbox 360 controller no battery pack $2

I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Death-Original-Full-Cast/dp/0563528230 The lady wanted $2 for it, but I was reluctant to buy an audiodrama, even though Stephen Fry was in it. Sure the "resale value" is $110, but in seriousness, I wouldn't have gotten much for flipping it, since the UK version sells for over $15, and the digital download is about the same price. Who in seriousness was going to buy it in the first place?

At another flea market, I saw a red game boy, I already have a pocket and declined buying it.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Death-Original-Full-Cast/dp/0563528230 The lady wanted $2 for it, but I was reluctant to buy an audiodrama, even though Stephen Fry was in it. Sure the "resale value" is $110, but in seriousness, I wouldn't have gotten much for flipping it, since the UK version sells for over $15, and the digital download is about the same price. Who in seriousness was going to buy it in the first place?

At another flea market, I saw a red game boy, I already have a pocket and declined buying it.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't believe the money some people will pay for collectible crap. I've sold many CDs on Amazon for $50-100, simply because they are rare, out of print and someone really wanted them. Sure, it may sit for a few months, but if it sells, that's a hell of a profit.

decent day at the flea market today.

Game Gear w/ mickey mousecapade (doesnt work well, have to hold it just right to see and no sound) $2
Morrowind (original game in GH case no manual) $1
Official NES power supply $5 (more then I wanted to pay but I needed one and its still cheaper then ebay)
Genesis Model 2 power supply $1
Genesis model 2 console (diff vendor w/ no cords) $3 tested and works perfectly
LA NOire complete edition $8 (been wanting to try this for less then $10)
Pokemon Ruby $5
PS2 Fat complete w/ Resident Evil 2 complete, Sims deluxe pc complete, Final Fantasy VIII (missing disc 1), Battle Arena Toshinden disc only, Sim theme park complete, You don't know jack $20 (tested and works), Gameshark Lite
Dreamcast w/ 2 controllers, VMU, 2 memory cords and power cord (no av cable it does power on) $4
PS1 case/manual/random disc $2 included are:
Silent Hill 2 case/manual
Brave Fencer Musashi manual
Resident Evil Director's Cut Dual Shock case/manual
Marvel vs Street Fighter back of case & back artwork
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 case/manual
Final Fantasy VIII black label case
Legacy of Kain Blood Omen case/manual
Namco Museum 3 case/manual
Mortal Kombat 3 case/manual
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver case/manual
Duke Nukem of Land of the Babes Case/manual
King of the FIghters 95 case/manual
Resident Evil 2 Black label case
2x REsident Evil 3 case/manual w/ dino crisis demo in both
Playstation Arcade Party Pack case/manual
Gekido case/manual
Tenchu case/manual
Mission Impossible case only
Spiderman case/manual
Evil Zone case/manual
C: the contra Adventure case/manual
Star Wars Master of tera kasi case/manual
Duke Nukem time to kill case/manual
Wild Arms case/manual
Dino crisis 2 case/manual
Doom case/manual
Soulblade case/manual
Tenchu 2 case/manual
Mortal Kombat Mythologies case/manual
Street Fighter EX plus 2 case/manual
Bushido Blade case/manual
Powerslave case/manual
Game Shark v2.0
Dragon Hacker 2000
Die Hard Trilogy disc only
DOA 2 Dreamcast disc only
Star Wars Pod Racer Dreamcase disc only
Gameshark CDX version 3.3 disc (2nd one in 2 days)

DSCN0915.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

DSCN0917.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

Not too bad of a day but didn't find my prize, a N64 expansion pack. One guy did have some 3rd party one for $10 but decided to just try for an original Nintendo one. Or are the 3rd party ones just as good? But did pick up:

WWF No Mercy (N64) $3
Doom 3 Limited Collectors Edition (Xbox) $2

Lost Season 3 blu ray $5
Windtalkers blu ray $3

Going to try a new flea market tomorrow see if I can find that darn expansion pack

[quote name='tarouza']decent day at the flea market today.

Game Gear w/ mickey mousecapade (doesnt work well, have to hold it just right to see and no sound) $2[/QUOTE]

Did you adjust the contrast on the right side of the system?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Did you adjust the contrast on the right side of the system?[/QUOTE]

This is actually a common problem. Of the past 5 Game Gears I've found, 3 have had this issue, and the adjuster doesn't fix it.

went to a flea market and bought an n64 with two controllers for 25. kind of mad at myself, because i just bought it up and didn't even try to lowball because i wanted to make sure i got a console today. could've probably talked him down to 15 or gotten him to include a game. oh well, it works fine. one of the controller's joysticks is wonky, so i'll have to fix that.

[quote name='RELISCH']went to a flea market and bought an n64 with two controllers for 25. kind of mad at myself, because i just bought it up and didn't even try to lowball because i wanted to make sure i got a console today. could've probably talked him down to 15 or gotten him to include a game. oh well, it works fine. one of the controller's joysticks is wonky, so i'll have to fix that.[/QUOTE]

Similar to my situation, I saw a n64 with one controller for $20 it was in great condition and had the memory expansion so I bought it. I felt guilty the whole way home for not low balling but I wanted it and had a bad day yard saling so I just bought it.

Decent day. One reseller there apparently runs around and buys up everyone elses stuff to sell in his booth. But I got off him x-men 2 (gen) with manual, an nes zapper and a genesis controller (6 button) for 10. Then one guy sold me the games the reseller passed on for 50 cents each. Nothing great but got madden 98 for snes and batman, wrestlemania and tecmo bowl for nes for 2 bucks. Finally found a guy WAY away from the reseller who had some great nes games. Got Startropics, Dr Mario, mickey mousecepade, chip and dale and zelda 2 all for 10 bucks. Wanted 3 each, offered 10 for all.

[quote name='tarouza'] Game Gear w/ mickey mousecapade (doesnt work well, have to hold it just right to see and no sound[/QUOTE]

You need to replace the capacitors.

Found a Sega Saturn w/ plus a Knights controller, plus three games as well as Time Crisis 2 w/ the GameCon gun (NIB) for $30!

Tried out a new flea market and they actually had a good amount of video game stuff, picked up

PS2 Slim w/ 2 controllers, 1 memory card, The Getaway, The Godfather, Madden 06, cables for $30 (only bad thing is it has a GTA China Town Wars sticker on the bottom)
Turok 2 Seeds of Evil (N64, oddly a grey cartridge instead of the normal black) $2
Goldeneye 007 (N64) $4
Mission Impossible (N64) $2
N64 Performance memory card $1
GameCube controller (GameStop brand, unfortunately doesn't seem to work) $1
N64 AV cable $2 (now I can sell my extra N64 on craigslist)

Almost bought a Sega Genesis model 2 w/2 controllers and cables and some fishing game, guy wanted $25

My loot from this weekend. The best deal out of all of this was probably the NES games from $1 to $2 a piece and the Cobalt GBA SP for $5.

wVLy

Going to be hitting the flea market this morning. There was an ad on craigslist for a huge game sale this weekend, and these people are not usually there selling, so I'll see if there are any good deals or not. I'm more or less thinking they know what they have, since they put an ad on CL, but we'll see!

Fun Fact: My flea market was the site of some filming done for the movie Mallrats. The place they go to see the topless fortune teller. I don't know if anyone else thinks that's cool, but I always have lol.

[quote name='Sivarticus']
Fun Fact: My flea market was the site of some filming done for the movie Mallrats. The place they go to see the topless fortune teller. I don't know if anyone else thinks that's cool, but I always have lol.[/QUOTE]

The dirt mall!

On Saturday,
I picked up a sealed Dragon warrior Nes for $10, A mint gold zelda cart for $2, and a 1978 blue snaggletooth figure for free.
The meh pickups were a tribal sp w/ mario advance, road rash, metal slug, and the hobbit for $20, the sleepaway camp boxset for $5, metroid zero for $7, and a hayabusa doa figure in box for $8

Today, I went to another city and did okay. I got Morrowind GOTY disc for $5, Republic commando complete for $3, X-com missing its manual for $30 and the following figures for $8: Steiner(no weapons), GT Goku, Gannon(no horse), Banjo, Proto-man, and a Burger King Freiza.

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back