The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='burritoman']I'm able to get a solid 10 or more out of those on eBay all day every day.[/QUOTE]

Three years ago it was insanely easy to get $30 - $40 out of them. I remember shipping off boxes to Thailand loaded with them for a few thousand dollars. It's a shame those days are long gone. Certainly paid for my way through college, though.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Out of curiosity... why? What use would anyone get out of hooking up a PS2 to a network? :whistle2:s I thought PS2 online services were shut-down..... I bought my old PS2 Fat with the adapter attached it to brand new and even then I only used it once ever...[/QUOTE]

I looked into it a bit more.. apparently the online service was provided by the companies that published the game and if the Wikipedia page is still up to date... it looks like some are still online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_network_games

Crazy... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Doomstink']Three years ago it was insanely easy to get $30 - $40 out of them. I remember shipping off boxes to Thailand loaded with them for a few thousand dollars. It's a shame those days are long gone. Certainly paid for my way through college, though.[/QUOTE]

I remember those days. Too bad I actually kept one to play Champions of Norrath with those 2 people that would be on at my random play times.

Still $10 isn't so shabby anymore, but those are used to transfer games to a FAT PS2 with a hard drive, or to play Champions of Norrath.

Had a decent weekend, beefed up my Xbox and PS1/2 collection and got a few more games for my Genesis collection

$7 for a CD zipper case with 20 PS1/2 and Xbox games, including: Morrowind GOTY(Xbox), GTA Vice City(PS2), Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Battles(PS1)
Rest of games:
Dragon Ball Z Dudokai Tenkaichu 2(PS2)
And Bully(PS2)
Onimusha 2(PS2)
Sneak King(Xbox 360 lol)
Panzer Dragoon Orta(Xbox)
NCAA March Madness 2005(Xbox)
Justice League Heroes(Xbox)
Tak 2 The Staff of Dreams(Xbox)
Spiderman 2(Xbox)
NFL Street 2(Xbox)
Hulk(Xbox)
Superman Returns(Xbox)
Van Helsing(PS2)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance(Xbox)
Bloodrayne 2(Xbox)
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future(Xbox) -too bad its not backward compatible :(
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory(Xbox)

$2 for a stack of 7 PS1 games and 1 demo disk (no cases)
Nightmare Creatures
Tekken 3
Driver
Driver 2 (disk 1 only)
Ridge Racer Revolution'
Test Drive Off Road
ATV Quad Power Racing
MediEvil (demo CD)

Few Sega Genesis games
$2 Captain America and the Avengers
$2 RoboCop 3
$2 Primal Rage
$1.25 Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition
$2 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Action Game -with box but no manual (Sega Master system)

[quote name='Bing147']Sega gt/jsrf is backwards compatible. I played it on 360 last week.[/QUOTE]

dear lord your right, I had read somewhere that the combo disk wasn't backward compatible. Playing Jet Set Radio Future right now.....

I seriously hate some of our flea markets. Went to one today and I swear everyone must think their damn video games are gold. Honest to god examples from this morning:

Sealed copies of Black Ops, Arkham City and various other year+ old games: 50.00 EACH (All sun faded)

Nintendo DS Case, Charger and Stylus, used, NO SYSTEM: 20.00

Then there were the "All the games are 5.00 except the Marios those are rare" tables, which were all over the place.

I almost want to never go back to flea markets again, but lord knows I'll probably go next week. Microsoft Office 2007 for 3.00 was worth the trip.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Sealed copies of Black Ops, Arkham City and various other year+ old games: 50.00 EACH (All sun faded)[/quote]
Ummmm Arkham City(vanilla edition) came out in October of 2011. So that ones NOT quite a 'year +' yet.
Then there were the "All the games are 5.00 except the Marios those are rare" tables, which were all over the place.
Honestly, I'd do this too if I had a flea market spot/stand. Why give away the name brand games for cheap(except maybe SMB/DH for NES) when those are usually the ones that hold value the most?;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ummmm Arkham City(vanilla edition) came out in October of 2011. So that ones NOT quite a 'year +' yet.[/quote]

It was an estimate, you know what I mean! :)

Honestly, I'd do this too if I had a flea market spot/stand. Why give away the name brand games for cheap(except maybe SMB/DH for NES) when those are usually the ones that hold value the most?;)

Which is completely understandable, but (almost) no Mario game is "rare" nor do they command 20.00 for a sunfaded, dirty copy of Super Mario Kart. Basically I'm just commenting on the idiocy of calling them "rare" and asking more than ebay. Which I know you're aware of, stop bustin' my balls, man! :lol:

first post!
101_0394.jpg

those were $5 each

and a tfs g1 figure for $1
101_0395.jpg

Damn. That GTA Double Pack was a steal if it's 100% mint/complete for $5. As for that TF G1 toy, those were one of the later toys that weren't exactly all that hot. Essentially you locked that figures legs up around his chest via the lil clip on the left side of his chest. Then in order to get him to transform, you pulled him back to wind him up and let go.

Nine times outta ten he would flip up and transform and then immediately fall flat on his plastic face.:whistle2:#

As for my "finds" today, I know I overpaid by most peoples' standards on here, but here's what I got for $10 total:

*Inside Star Trek: The Real Story- http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Star-T...rds=inside+star+trek+the+real+story+hardcover

*Star Wars Encyclopedia- http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Enc...571796&sr=8-4&keywords=star+wars+encyclopedia

and a disc only copy of :xbox:Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within

Picked up some stuff this weekend:

Star Fox 64 (N64) $5
Spiderman (N64) $2
FIFA Road to the World Cup 98 (N64) $2
007 The World is not Enough (N64) $3
PS1 controller $0.25
Sega Genesis controller (has red color on buttons and some arrows instead of normal white) $2
Star Wars Rebel Assault 2 (PS1) $2
Tomb Raider 3 (PS1) $1
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Xbox) $2.50
Star Wars Episode 3 -but unfortunately had Test Drive in the case :( (Xbox) $2.50

Random stuff:
Military helmet $5 (some pics, can anyone tell me if its official US military or like one made for airsoft/civilian use, looks military to me)
GI Joe blu-ray 2 disk $3
X-Men Last Stand blu-ray $3
Interview with a Vampire blu-ray $3 (dad bought this one)

man the flea market was dead today, must have been the heat (was in the 70s) only managed to get Star Wars Bounty Hunter (PS2) for $5 and Killzone (PS2) for $3. Tried to buy Scarface for the Xbox but guy was selling it with an original Xbox and about 10 games for $50 and would not sell the game alone. Hope Sunday is better

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']man the flea market was dead today, must have been the heat (was in the 70s)[/QUOTE]

Hey man, consider yourself lucky. We're in a heat wave in the south, today's high is 106. Flea Market was MISERABLE today, but worth going. Bought a Ghetto Blaster for 10 bucks worth over 100.00, some decent dvds, toys, and such. Enough to make a few hundred bucks actually!

Also the table with the 50.00 year old games (Black Ops, Arkham City, etc) had a new sign. "NO REFUNDS". Guess some people bought them and tried to return them when they realized how hard they got ass reamed.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Hey man, consider yourself lucky. We're in a heat wave in the south, today's high is 106. Flea Market was MISERABLE today, but worth going. Bought a Ghetto Blaster for 10 bucks worth over 100.00, some decent dvds, toys, and such. Enough to make a few hundred bucks actually![/quote]
:lol: Is it wrong that the first thought I had when you said Ghetto Blaster was of the 1980's wrestler Bad News Brown whose finishing move was named that.:lol:
Also the table with the 50.00 year old games (Black Ops, Arkham City, etc) had a new sign. "NO REFUNDS". Guess some people bought them and tried to return them when they realized how hard they got ass reamed.
:lol:Someone wanted a refund on something bought at a flea market? That's funny.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:Someone wanted a refund on something bought at a flea market? That's funny.[/QUOTE]

No lie, I've had that happen before when I used to sell at flea markets. It actually happens a LOT more than you'd think.

It's like people wanting a refund from someone from CL. To me, all flea market and CL stuff is as-is where is. So unless you test it or are 100% sure you want the item(s), then don't buy the fuckin' things.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Hey man, consider yourself lucky. We're in a heat wave in the south, today's high is 106. Flea Market was MISERABLE today, but worth going. Bought a Ghetto Blaster for 10 bucks worth over 100.00, some decent dvds, toys, and such. Enough to make a few hundred bucks actually![/QUOTE]

haha well I live in Southern California we are kind of weather spoiled 50 is cold and 70+ is hot

Tried the flea market on Sunday and it was a lot better. Picked up:

Perfect Dark (N64) $3

Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee (Xbox) $5 -saw it sells for $12+ so if I don't like it might sell it though always wanted to try it

Sega Genesis 6-button controller w/turbo-slow-normal switch ($4) -its this smaller one [PIC]

also some random stuff:
3 level storage rack for my PS2/Genesis and all the games $3
huge military ammo crate with an orange "Explosive" decal on it (its like 2 feet tall and long and about a foot wide and weighs a ton) $5
border patrol dress uniform hat (thought it was a drill sergeant hat but its brand new and sells for $132 from the maker) $7

I went to the flea market after work and picked up a few things:

GC Super Smash Bros Melee
GC Starfox Assault
GC Pokemon XD
GC Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1+2
PS1 Discworld

for $40. Definitely a lot more than I wanted to pay, but it is a ~$10 trip in gas for me and I had that in mind. At a different table I found:

Gameshark 2 V2 for PS2
Gameshark code archive for PS1

for $1 total. Also found a FFIX strategy guide with water damage and a Bomberman 64 guide for $1/each. Not a bad day.

I stopped by a game store in a flea market which was surprisingly decent prices, all games $3 or 4 for $10 except the popular (ie: mario and zelda) games which were individually priced. There was a big tub full of games with tons of games that must not have been gone through even by the owner because there were games that I know he would have charged ebay prices on if he knew they were in there. Anyway after 45 minutes of digging I found freakin' Alien Brigade for the 7800! It's one of the most hard to find games for the system. Also picked up Guardian Legend for NES which was a steal for $3

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:Someone wanted a refund on something bought at a flea market? That's funny.[/QUOTE]

I sold a Antique Spiritus Frumenti prescription Prohibition Era Whiskey Bottle unopened in its original box for $100 at a Flea Market. The next week they wanted to return it because they would "barely be able to double their money selling it on eBay" and that they thought it would be worth at least $500 and that's why they bought it:roll:

[quote name='ferant316']I sold a Antique Spiritus Frumenti prescription Prohibition Era Whiskey Bottle unopened in its original box for $100 at a Flea Market. The next week they wanted to return it because they would "barely be able to double their money selling it on eBay" and that they thought it would be worth at least $500 and that's why they bought it:roll:[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous! Buying to resell is all about taking a chance, that's really ballsy to try that...

Here are this months Swap Meet, Flea Market & Craigslist Scores

l.jpg

Deals of note:
Japanese Sega Saturn $20
Samsung Gam*Boy Sega Master System $50
Sega Saturn D $5
Sega CD New IOB with Genesis Model 1 2 controllers and 3 games $50

I traded a Gamecube at the flea market (that I bought at a thrift store for $5), for this:

img1677i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='te619']Went with the flea market thread because that's where the DK set came from. Guess it could have gone in either thread.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I wasn't scolding you, I just thought I would mention the yard sale thread. I didn't know some of the threads existed until a few months ago. ;)

had some good finds especially Conker's Bad Fur Day

Conker's Bad Fur Day + Doom 64 $20
Duke Nukem Zero Hour $5
BattleTanx Global Assault $2

Starsky & Hutch + NFL Fever 2004 (Xbox) $3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (PS2) $5

Stopped by the flea market to check out the game booth when I saw a few SEGA CDs in a new booth. As I was browsing the games the woman running the booth told me how she had the "rare" SNES cartridge with five games on it. "Super Mario, Super Mario 2....". "Yeah, .....how much are these games?" "One dollar each, the sealed one is two." I walked out with the 10 games below for $11 total.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And as for the last game in the group, I thought when I found Revelations: Persona it was going to be my flea market find of the year. Luckily I was wrong.

:D

Games:
Popful Mail SEGA CD
Double Switch SEGA CD
Supreme Warrior SEGA CD
Tomcat Alley SEGA CD
Formula One: Beyond the Limit SEGA CD
Sega Classics 4 in 1 (disc only) SEGA CD
Fahrenheit (disc only) SEGA CD
NASCAR 98 (sealed) Saturn
Bootleg Sampler Saturn
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (disc only) Dreamcast

The cases were dirty, probably the dirtiest I had ever seen. The worst was Popful Mail's case, it was in terrible condition with a split down the middle of the lid. I switched it out with Formula one until I can find a pristine case to put it in.

Have fun with that game - a few of the bosses are brutally difficult to the point where it doesn't seem like the designers wanted anyone to ever beat them.

Invicta nice find on Popful Mail! I am kicking myself on passing a $75 copy. $1?:applause:

I keep on finding these happy meal toys. The Microvision game and Pokemon are complete. Everything I got for $2.

I was set up at the flea market so my only finds were Fear Effect for $8 (probably an overpay but I've been passively looking for it since Gamestop clearanced all their PS1 games and sometimes I'd rather overpay for "finding" it then just do it the easy way and order off eBay as its more exciting) and Left 4 Dead for $2.

At the flea market, I spent $80 total from 3 different sellers. Kingdom hearts is factory sealed. Chrono trigger was the big purchase - I spent $52 for that and a Super Mario 64.

Not bad. If you have a DS I highly reccomend partners in time, along with bowsers inside story as well. Some of my favorite games there.

Edit: Just occured to me, with the SNES i bought yesterday I can finally play my snes mario rpg! I know what Ill be doing today =)

Hey I got this at a flea market and I really want to sell it. It is a really rare Yuna Vinyl Statue brand new in the box. If you need more details just message me. Great for any Final Fantasy fans.

Taking offers thanks!!!

IMG_0607.jpg

An OK weekend but did finally snag a NES at a good price for my collection.

NES $15 (console, controller, zapper, NES advantage pad, Super Mario/Duck Hunt, RF connector)
Snake's Revenge (NES) + Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Genesis) $6
Resident Evil Dead Aim (PS2) $4
Guncon 2 (PS2) $5
Star Wars Episode 1 (PS1) + Spec Ops Covert Assault (PS1) $5

pretty terrible weekend only got a few NES and Genesis games:

Friday the 13th (NES)
Spy vs Spy (NES)
Blaster Master (NES)
Mortal Kombat 2 (Genesis)
Target Earth (Genesis)
all for $10

was going to get a used copy of Wipeout for the PS Vita but guy wanted $20.....the same price as a new copy on Amazon and every Xbox/PS2 game no matter how common or incomplete was $5 with $4 as their rock bottom price

Traded this (bought @ a thrift store for $3.75) and Blinx: The Time Sweeper Xbox, Beowolf 360, and Rainbox Six Vegas 360 (bought @ a yard sale for $2.50).
img1832o.jpg

For this:
img1833z.jpg

Man terrible day only 3 people selling games, 2 the usual resellers who sell 2011 sports games for $35 and 1 was a couple of kids with tons of NES and SNES games but wanted $10 for any Mario game and $5 for the random games. Ended up with a $2 ceramic Tony Gwynn bobble head

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back