The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Link927']If you really want to go for them, make sure they're actually sealed and not resealed. Dont forget, when you're talking larger numbers, they might acutally let down, such as $60 for the whole lot, etc.[/quote]

Well they looked sealed properly, unless there's a way to tell if they're resealed or not :p. Besides 15 ain't so bad. But everytime i go there, im tempted to buy and end up not buying it.
As for the stacks I mentioned, he doesn't sell them in a lot. He sells them 10 dollars a piece. I know. what a ripoff. Unless I come across some rare games that is :D

Wow, I can't believe some of the stuff you guys find.

Anyway, I am feeling kind of nostalgic for those old Sega CD/Saturn and original PS1 game cases. Those were the best. They always remind me of elementary school.

Um Jammer Lammy (Sealed)-$0.50
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo (Ps1, no manual)-$3
Tecmo Super Bowl (SNES)-$3
Clock Tower (disc only)-$5
Spin Jam-$3.33
Panzer General-$5
Floating Runner-$3.33
Rebel Assault 2-$3
Ghostbusters (SMS)-$3.34

Passed on Mario Allstars for $5

[quote name='Segasonic01']Um Jammer Lammy (Sealed)-$0.50
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo (Ps1, no manual)-$3
Tecmo Super Bowl (SNES)-$3
Clock Tower (disc only)-$5
Spin Jam-$3.33
Panzer General-$5
Floating Runner-$3.33
Rebel Assault 2-$3
Ghostbusters (SMS)-$3.34

Passed on Mario Allstars for $5[/quote]

The only freakin mario allstars I can find around here are 20$ ... I woulda bought that in a heartbeat lol

I found an impeccable copy of the Paper Mario soundtrack at a flea market on Sunday. At $4, I couldn't pass it up - I'd never even seen one before and I can't find much information about it online.

Also picked up a complete copy of Elemental Gearbolt for $10.

For $20 I picked up a working N64, 3 prestine controllers, Goldeneye and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. The memory expansion pack was also in the system. The vendor wanted $40 but I offered $15 and settled for $20. Not bad for classic plastic. I paid in one dollar bills so it looked like I had cash.

SWAP MEET FINDS:

pico console with these games:
The bearenstein bears: a school day loose
mickey's blast into the past cart + manual
math antics with 101 dalmations cart + manual
a year at pooh corner loose
sesame street alphabet avenue cart + manual
lion king adventures at pride rock cart + manual
magic crayons loose
pepe's puzzle loose
richard scarry's huckle and lowly's busiest day ever loose
$5 total
These carts are the nastiest ones I've ever seen. It took me 45 minutes to clean one and i had to take a shower after it.
If anyone is interested in the stuff pm me. (i'll clean it off before sending it to you)

pokemon gold loose
pokemon yellow loose
$3 total
I sold these to one of the game dealers for $12 in cash for both. ^_^

grey zapper
50 cents

wing commander III heart of the tiger PS1 long box complete
50 cents

Picked up a mint in box NES action set with a few games for $20 on Sunday. More than I wanted to pay...but I couldn't pass up that shiny new box!

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Picked up a mint in box NES action set with a few games for $20 on Sunday. More than I wanted to pay...but I couldn't pass up that shiny new box![/quote]

I'm a sucker for boxed itmes too, atleast it's worth what you paid.

i never get to go to flea markets but i have a friend who goes there every weekend and its family only and cant buy anything for others,poor,poor me :wall::censored:fuck

Any my friend said he Saw An SNES For 80$

Off to microplay near my house to reapair my L-Button on my :gba:sp and buy a GBC/:gba: game

[quote name='jadeblue']Flea markets are a great place to find christmas gifts. *Evil santa laugh* hohoho[/quote]

So is Salvation Army, although pre shit stained undies don't go over too well with everybody.:lol:

SWAP MEET FINDS:

Sega Visions Volume 1 Issue 1 - $0.25
Pretty cool to look at.
Pieces of some pages where there was probably a form or something are cut out, so it's not perfect. >_>
If you want it pm me.

Alien Trilogy (PC, Sealed) x9 - $1.00 for all.
Very weird. A kid had all of these in a box. When I asked the price he said a quarter each. I offered a dollar for all and it was taken. Not sure if it's a reseal or not. I opened one and it had everything in it.
Again, if you're interested pm me.

Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: November 1999
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: March 2000 Vol. 4 x2
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: May 2000 Vol. 5
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: July 2000 Vol. 6
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: September 2000 Vol. 7
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: November 2000 Vol. 8
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: December 2000 Vol. 9
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: January 2001 Vol. 10
Official Dreamcast Magazine Demo: February 2001 Vol. 11
Dreamcast Controller box
$2.00
All of the demos were inside the controller box. It was $5 but I offered 2 at it was taken.
All are complete. If interested pm me.

Zelda: Majora's Mask Official Strategy Guide - $1.75
Wouldn't go any lower than that, but I wanted it for the collection.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (dreamcast, complete) - $2.00
The same guy gave me a giant box of colecovision games for free a few weeks ago, so I felt kind of guilty negotiating with him and just paid the $2.

Mario Kart 64 (cart only, shitty label) - $3

Sega Dreamcast - $1
Sega Dreamcast - $1
Nintendo 64 - $1
Sega Genesis (Model 1) - $1
Namco PS1 Arcade Stick - $1

It was just systems only, no cords or anything, and they originally had them at $2 each. I was really, really skeptical, but the lady told me that the stuff worked. So I just thought that it was worth it for $5. However, she was really skanky and our flea market is pretty nasty anyways, so I had to clean the stuff up, because it was NASTY. The Dreamcasts and the Arcade Stick work, the N64 didn't, and I'm not sure about the Genesis because I only have model 2 cords.

Damn, I've really missed this thread. My first day back in a long time yeilded great finds.

Guardian Heroes (disc only)-$3 (I almost shit my pants when I saw this, I kid u not).
Silent Hill (like-new condition)-$5
Yo Noid! (NES, cart)-$3
Shanghai (SMS, complete)-$1
Monopoly (SMS, complete)-$1
Zelda: Twilight Shit (GC, no manual)-$5 (traded to GS for $14.50, so it makes up for the shit factor)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!-$3.33
Metroid-$3.33
Kirby's Adventure-$3.34
Box of various games-$20 (listed below)

Atari 2600:
Gopher
Q*Bert
Super Football
Pitfall 2
Squeeze Box
Kanagroo

Intellivision:
Golf
Astrosmash x2
Star strike
Lock N Chase
Advance Dungeons & Dragons
Horce Racing
Space Battle
BurgerTime
Beauty & the Beast
Triple Action
Sewer Sam
Maze A Tron
Poker & Blackjack
Popeye
Donkey Kong
Triple Action (complete)
Safe cracker (complete)
NASL Soccer (complete)
Bomb Squad (complete)
Poker & Blackjack (complete)
B-17 Bomber (complete)

Passed on Super Star Wars (boxed) for $7, Mario Part 4 (no manual) for $5, Dr. Mario (complete) for $10, & Kid Icarus (GB) for $3

going to a flea market for the first time in over 12 years and on my own. my father used to take me to them all the time and would buy random stuff. its now my turn to experience this.. i found a flea market close to me called dixie or something in michigan. i plan on buying ps1 games and maybe getting an snes/genesis if im tempted. i found only one pawn shop in an hour raduis and its not worth the gas.

all i know is im not going to buy anything over $10 and will try to lower prices as best i can.

The Raleigh, NC flea market generally sucks because we have two dedicated video game dealers who prowl all the booths at 6:00am (immediately upon opening) and buy any games before normal people can get out to look. By the time non-dealers get to the flea market all the worthwhile games are at the dedicated dealer's stores marked at eBay prices. The only times I get lucky are when the games are rare but totally obscure, or hidden inside the cases of non-rare games. Two examples:

I got E.V.O: Search for Eden for SNES two days ago for $4.95. It's an incredibly obscure Enix RPG that most people (even dedicated video game dealers) don't realize is rare. Another time I managed to get Christmas NiGHTS for Saturn because the seller had placed it along with some other demo discs inside the case for the copy of Sonic 3D Blast I just paid $2.00 for. I bought Sonic 3D Blast on a whim without opening it. I was ecstatic to find Christmas NiGHTS in there. I haven't had many finds better than those.

I also managed to find Koudelka, another obscure RPG for $1.00 as disc(s) only. They were heavily scratched but played absolutely fine.

My friends mom's invited me to come to the flea market with them when there gonna go.:D:D

BTW.It was earthbound he saw for 80$ not an SNES?

Finally some cheap GB/GBC/GBA/PS1 games and Cheap consoles

I went to a flea market for the first time in years today.

Unfortunately, most games for sale were NES, SNES and PS2.(Systems that aren't my area of expertise)

I bought these games, thinking they might be worth something.
Colony Wars PS1 (Complete) $5
Dragon Warrior NES $5
Super Star Wars $3

Turns out they're only worth $10 or so online...:bomb:
But I made all those up when I bought a complete copy of Herc's Adventure for the PS1. The case and disc were dirty as hell, but everything turned out ok once I cleaned it. Plus I only had to pay $2 for it.:bouncy:

In one booth I saw Final Fantasy 2, Secret of Mana, and Lufia for the SNES, but the seller knew their value. They wanted $80 for all 3.
No thanks.:roll:

[quote name='timesplitt']going to a flea market for the first time in over 12 years and on my own. my father used to take me to them all the time and would buy random stuff. its now my turn to experience this.. i found a flea market close to me called dixie or something in michigan. i plan on buying ps1 games and maybe getting an snes/genesis if im tempted. i found only one pawn shop in an hour raduis and its not worth the gas.

all i know is im not going to buy anything over $10 and will try to lower prices as best i can.[/quote]

Dixieland...get a tetanus shot before u go. I used to get records from there all the time. It is at Dixie and Telegraph...hope u find some good stuff

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So is Salvation Army, although pre shit stained undies don't go over too well with everybody.:lol:[/quote]

I actually got my nephew his Christmas gift at the Salvation Army this year. :) It was a $15-$20-ish Aqua Raiders Lego set, still sealed in the box, for 75 cents... he loved it. Actually, I got him part of his gift from there last year too... a 16" Huffy for $5. My bro hasn't taught him to ride a bike, yet.

Found these today:

Bangai-O (COMPLETE) for Dreamcast - $9.99
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (COMPLETE) for Dreamcast - $24.99

Garou was about the price it is worth, but I totally got a great deal with Bangai-O. The guy I bought it from had gotten a huge Dreamcast lot today, and these were the two gems I could find in there.

Went to Tampa and stopped at a Flea, bought a bunch of comics (including a few mint golden age for a $1 apiece) and

Final Fantasy VII (missing manual
Sim City SNES Complete
XBX Arcade Classics Vol 1 Complete XBX 360

Nothing spectacular gamewise, although FFVII is still worth a few bucks.

Just scored pretty well at the Raleigh, NC flea market. I picked up the following:

Sega Saturn + all cables
Two official Sega controllers
Virtua Fighter 2
Daytona USA
Virtua Cop
Clockwork Knight 2
Bug!
Bug! Too
Madden 97
Big Hurt Baseball
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic R

All the games are complete and in mint condition. Total: $30.00

Also picked up:
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for Xbox for $10.00

went to the same flea that I have been finding unique consoles at (Virtual Boy, Amiga CD32, X'Eye), I've found one the last 3 visits in a row so I didn't think anything would good would pop up. I made it half way through the flea and still had nothing when this game store owner (PNT) was at a stand I was at telling the dealer that he would like to buy her out. At this point I thought my day of scoring was over. The guy apparntly hit a stand that had PSOne RPGs and bought them out (a few were left, Alundra 2, FFC), and another stand of Super Famicom(!) games. Nevertheless, in the last two rows of the market, I got

A Gamecom w/ 2 games - $3 (I was desperate for a find at this point and lowered myself to this:)
An Atari Lynx w/ California Games - $3!!! - Been looking for one of these so I can get Ninja Gaiden Arcade, this keeps my Streak Alive
A Cart only Dragon Ball Z Super Famicom Game - $4, guy told me the dealer bought out the rest of these that he "had a ton of", but that the guy didn't see this one
and finally
A Steel Battalion X-Box controller w/ Pedal - $10 (find of the day, possibly the UK controller as the buttons are Blue / Red and not Green / Red like the US pictures are, far and away the find of the day)

I was shocked when I found the Controller, the PNT guy must have made out extremely well as I passed him while he was bragging on the phone, can't believe he passed on the controller as it was right in the open. The Lynx was in the bottom of a box of common NES games. It would have been cool if I had reached the Super Famicom games first, I actually have a Super Famicom and I have been looking for more Jap games to play.

Brain Age
Sims 2 Castaway
WarioWare Touched!

$15

Stopped by the small local indoor flea market that is open every Saturday here in town, $5 a piece all complete. The lady also had Sonic Rush & a fat (Electric ?) Blue DS that was $50 that I didn't pick up. I must have been pretty lucky to show up and see something good that is video game related as I barely ever stop by this flea and IIRC the last time I stopped by was the first Saturday of the year.

Glad I went today as I got something worthwhile. :)

Plantinum Wave Bird $15
Plantinum Wave Bird $10
Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within(PS1) $2

I was almost going to get the first Wavebird for $12 but the lady selling it noticed that it was wireless. I was afraid she was going to change the price to $30 or something but luckily I only had to pay a few more dollars.
Both Wavebirds came with the receivers and are in great condition. They even came with batteries!

I wasn't sure if Clock Tower was worth anything, but I liked the SNES one so I couldn't say no based on the price alone.

One thing I have to say about my particular flea market:
When did they start charging so damn much for NES/SNES/N64 games?!
Some guy tried to sell me Conker's Bad Fur Day for $80!!
I understand some people will charge more for the rarer stuff, but that's just overkill.
Now I've got 3 vendors to avoid. :bomb:
Another thing I noticed is that I saw a whole bunch of copies of Super Mario All Stars, but everyone always charged around $20-30 for one.

I already have a copy, but I guess you guys miss out on a cheap one...:cry:

[quote name='Hyper Bolt']
One thing I have to say about my particular flea market:
When did they start charging so damn much for NES/SNES/N64 games?!
[/quote]

It's not just your flea market. There's a guy at mine that wants $80.00 for a Dreamcast MvC2. No thanks. I think they all learned how to use eBay incorrectly and are pricing off of the highest BIN. Good luck to them as no one will ever buy their stuff.

[quote name='Doomstink']It's not just your flea market. There's a guy at mine that wants $80.00 for a Dreamcast MvC2. No thanks. I think they all learned how to use eBay incorrectly and are pricing off of the highest BIN. Good luck to them as no one will ever buy their stuff.[/QUOTE]

The thing these flea market vendors don't seem to realize is EBay is a country-wide (or world) market, while their flea market covers a much smaller market (usually a few towns). They should price items accordingly (or just sell on EBay if they want to reach that bigger market). One vendor at my local flea market had a complete FFVII priced at $117 for the longest time before realizing it wouldn't sell at that price in the local area.

[quote name='Doomstink']It's not just your flea market. There's a guy at mine that wants $80.00 for a Dreamcast MvC2. No thanks. I think they all learned how to use eBay incorrectly and are pricing off of the highest BIN. Good luck to them as no one will ever buy their stuff.[/quote]

Yeah. This is why I prefer going to yard/garage/rummage sales and the local salvation army rather than flea markets. Nothing like Super Mario All-Stars for $1.50, Donkey Kong Country for $1 or Mario Kart 64 for $1.75. I mean, I might've paid $5-$10 for those... but not $20-$25.

Although, if you have the means... find a girl to go along. They can snag better prices with the right sellers.

The flea in my area has only a few game sellers, and one of them is this old chinese dude, his prices are crazy. $70-$90 for an NES with mario/duck hunt, $60 for an N64, and all he has is these old jewelry cases with a bunch of crap games for like $15 a piece.

With a little patience, and some thrift store hunting, you can find alot of good deals.

Picked up complete copies of Tomba 2 ($8) and Digimon World 2 ($12) at the local flea market today. I didn't realize just how sought after Tomba 2 has become (Ebay auctions routinely go for over $50) and Digimon World 2 usually sells for $30 to $40.

These were truly diamonds in the rough as every other scarce game the vendor had were behind the glass at $20 to $50.

Neo Geo Coliseum (Complete) - $4

Another slow day at the flea but it was rather cold and still fairly wet out from the rain the night before so not as many sellers as usual, this was IAP and I was fairly happy to find it since I've been interested in trying it out.

Saw a guy with about 50 new G.I. Joes including what was probably all of the Street Fighter II ones but he wanted $5 each.

Saw a brick Game Boy with Tetris and 4 other crap games, as I was looking at it the lady said she was asking $45 and I asked about games $8 per and she said they were "pretty expensive", I would agree if new and this was back in the early 90s which it ain't.

I don't even want to bother trying to haggle with these people they should know better (or will soon find out and not come back to sell again) since only cheapskates shop at this flea market ;)

Spyro: Ripto's Rage - $1
Game Genie (Genesis) - $1
Game Boy Color (Strawberry) (Missing Battery Cover) - $2

Ninja Gaiden
Punch-Out!!

$1

Another slow day (yet again :D) at the flea market but the best day out this year as I did pick up a few nice parting gifts cheap and passed on some other decent stuff. The 2 NES games I offered a buck for and the other 3 items were from another seller and were IAP.

2 Mario 3 figures-$3
Kung Fu Heroes-$3
Adventure Island (w/ box)-$2.50
Game Boy Gallery (complete)-$3
Mario's Tennis-$1
Lord of the Rings Arwen w/Horse figure (Brand New)-$6

meh, kinda sucked except the Mario figures. On the good side, the guy said he has Sonic figures & plushes, & to come back in 2 weeks.

Marvel vs. Capcom- Clash of superheroes (ps1 complete) $4
SMS system in box- $5...finally found one.

Oh and i found a foot tall Sonic Plush that says "SEGA" when you squeeze its stomach, from 1997.

[quote name='lude21']Marvel vs. Capcom- Clash of superheroes (ps1 complete) $4
SMS system in box- $5...finally found one.

Oh and i found a foot tall Sonic Plush that says "SEGA" when you squeeze its stomach, from 1997.[/QUOTE]
Wanna trade or sell the sonic?

I went to the flea market looking for an Atari 2600 and a Sega Master System and found both today.

The Atari was in a bundle that had 2 Ataris and a handful of games marked $65. I already had an Atari, but it didn't work, so all I needed was just the console, so I convinced them to sell me just one of the systems for $10.

The Sega was on a table with a couple controllers, the 3-D Glasses, and for some reason a PC joystick, marked $20, got it for $15. Again, I already had a Master System, complete in box even, but it didn't work, so I needed a new one.

tested both systems and they both work perfectly. not the greatest deals, but I'm glad to have the systems.

Got Lufia 1 w/ manual and Lufia 2 cart only (both in excellent condition) for $25 at a local flea market. Not as good as some of the deals I have been reading about but I think I got a good deal.

it was the only SMS I saw at the whole flea market yesterday, and that was huge. I don't how big the ones everyone else here goes to are, but there had to be 300+ vendors there. We had to park almost a quarter mile away, it's insane, but they only do it like 5 times per year, and Memorial Day is the biggest one.

The table with it also had some Atari, NES, Genesis, and SNES stuff, and everyone was picking that stuff over, but no one was even looking at the SMS, so I claimed it. Now if I can just find a 32X, I'll have all of the Sega consoles.

I also looked up the joystick it came with, since I was just going to throw it away. It's a SUNCOM F-15E HAWK Flight Sim TACTICAL JOYSTICK. Two sold on e-bay recently, one for $30, one for $40, so that's a nice bonus.

[quote name='darkslime']That was a great deal for a SMS. I've never even seen one locally.[/QUOTE]

I thought i got a good deal last week when i got a SMS CIB for $5 with a few games. I get around to testing it today.....doesnt power on:cry: Oh well, guess its still worth the $5.

Oh and Segasonic01, i'd be willing to T/S. Shoot me a PM.

[quote name='Macheezmo']it was the only SMS I saw at the whole flea market yesterday, and that was huge. I don't how big the ones everyone else here goes to are, but there had to be 300+ vendors there. We had to park almost a quarter mile away, it's insane, but they only do it like 5 times per year, and Memorial Day is the biggest one.
[/QUOTE]

Where was this Flea Market? I can't believe I missed it.

My local flea market has a few vendors that always have SMS's for sale for 30-40 dollars. I know I'm eventually gonna break down and buy one from them, but I'm doing my best to hold out for a cheaper price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back