The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flea I went to today had some good deals, I got

Megaman: Revenge of Dr. Wiley CIB for GB for $3.
Megaman 3 NES - $3 I had all the other games the guy had, I should have bought them all for $15 because they came with a huge stack of manuals.
Zelda OOT(GC ver) $5
Pocket Fighter - $4

A Sweet find was 3 LOTR board games for $12 they retail for $40-$70 apiece!! all MINT!! I'm not the biggest fan, but hopefully i can trade 2 of them for other boardgames, I am starting to play boardgames at the local Videogame/card shop here in town after my saturday garagesale run.

Nothing super-awesome today.

Earthworm Jim GBA, Cart-only - 5.00
Megaman Battle Network 2, Cart-only - 5.00
Grabbed by the Ghoulies Xbox, Complete - 2.00
Resident Evil Deadly Silence DS, Complete - 8.00

No spectacular deals there, but I looooved Earthworm Jim as a kid and didn't even know it was on GBA until today. I'm a big MMBN fan who started with 3, so I wanted to track down 1 and 2 to complete my collection (didn't see 1 though). Grabbed I bought just because of the Rare pedigree - I know it's not well liked, but I figured I'd give it a shot. RE....I like RE.

Some Flea Market prices are insane, though. Who the fuck is going to pay 20 bucks for a cart-only Donkey Kong Land 3? WHO?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Some Flea Market prices are insane, though. Who the fuck is going to pay 20 bucks for a cart-only Donkey Kong Land 3? WHO?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they are fishing for a fool and for the sake of humanity hopefully he's not out there :)

Flea Market 8-3-08

Duke Nukem Time To Kill Complete (PSX) - $1

$1 was the IAP which I paid.

Ric Flair: To Be The Man Hardback Cover - $2

IAP was $5 offered $2 which was taken. Looks like it was bought at a library sale but still well worth it IMO not really knowing anything about the value of used books.

SNES model 2 With AV Cord, 1st party controller & 3rd party controller
Donkey Kong Country
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter II
Sonic Blast (CIB)

$10

Was looking at the SNES stuff and the seller said he was asking $15. He also said that he wanted $30 for a Playstation he had with about 5 games, & $30 for a model 1 Genesis with about 15 games all common or shit sandwich. I pointed out that the SNES didn't have a power adaptor and offered $10 for it along with Sonic Blast out of the Genesis stuff which was taken after thinking it over for a few seconds.

Mr Bones (Complete)
Saturn Bomberman (Complete)
Spot Goes To Hollywood (Complete)
Three Dirty Dwarfs (Complete)
Bug Too (Disc Only)

$8

IAP on the Saturn games was $2 each, I offered $6 which was counter with $8. I actually bought them from the same guy I got the SNES stuff from but I didn't notice them till after I bought the SNES since they were a little ways down on a different table away from his other video game stuff. He said that they were his son's so he wouldn't bend too much on the price. It didn't really bother me though as I only really see Saturn stuff 1-3 times a year and it's usually all crap or mega common (think one of the 3 free games that used to come with a Saturn) so seeing something like Saturn Bomberan and some other worthwhile Saturn stuff cheap in the wild in my neck of the woods is definitely a nice change of pace.

Picked up-

Genesis games-
sonic 3d blast- cart
battletoads double dragon -cart
phelios-cart
T1-84 plus calculator
$5

parasite eve -complete minus book (PS1)
shenmue -complete minus book (DC)
granstream saga -complete (PS1)
snowboard kids 2 -cart (N64) ATLUS
Panzer dragoon orta -complete (xbox)
$18
i guess i spent a bit much, he actually wanted $26. I thought that panzer game was the valuable one. O well...ooops.

Dreamcast keyboard- mint in box $2

Total spent - $25

P.S. Was shenmue a good find, has a passport cd in it??? and parasite eve has a bonus disc in it.

[quote name='lude21']Picked up-

Genesis games-
sonic 3d blast- cart
phelios-cart
T1-84 plus calculator
$5

$18
i guess i spent a bit much, he actually wanted $26. I thought that panzer game was the valuable one. O well...ooops.

Total spent - $25

P.S. Was shenmue a good find, has a passport cd in it??? and parasite eve has a bonus disc in it.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone help me out on this? and if anyone is interested in panzer dragoon orta pm me. THANKS

[quote name='lude21']Picked up-

Genesis games-
sonic 3d blast- cart
phelios-cart
T1-84 plus calculator
$5

$18

Total spent - $25

P.S. Was shenmue a good find, has a passport cd in it??? and parasite eve has a bonus disc in it.[/quote]
shenmue isn't rare at all and the passport cd is useless now that the sega servers were taking offline.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']

Some Flea Market prices are insane, though. Who the fuck is going to pay 20 bucks for a cart-only Donkey Kong Land 3? WHO?[/quote]

Wow, I got Donkey Kong Land 3 for $0.25 at a garage sale last year...Donkey Kong Country 3 though is a different story, here in northeast indiana they sell within a week at stores that sell them for $25!!

Just wondering, what type of booths do you guys usually find good deals? The only place to find games at the flea market are at booths that only sell games, and they're usually extreamly overpriced XP Every now and then, I see a guy with a whole bunch of various things including games, prices are better but the seleciton isnt great.

Wow, I am so glad I decided to go to the Flea Market this morning. I got up at 11 last night & decided to set the clock. Thank God for that. I found these:

Tomba (complete)-$3
FFVII (misprint, complete, looks brand new)-$5
Conker's Bad Fur Day (cart only)-$3
black Sega Sports DS controller-$2
Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (cart only)
Zelda: Link to the Shit (cart only)
ToeJam & Earl (cart only)-$10 for all 3
Saint Sword (Genesis, no manual)-$1
Atari 7800 wth games (no power cord. Anyone have a spare?)-$15

Kinda scores but not the most amazing because neither had a manual and with a decent sized scratch on each game.

Kagero Deception $1
Castlevania SotN Black Label $2

I got a...

GameCube w/power cord
251 Memory Card
PS2 DualShock (what, the lady thought it went with the GameCube :D)

all for $10.

[quote name='Link927']Just wondering, what type of booths do you guys usually find good deals? The only place to find games at the flea market are at booths that only sell games, and they're usually extreamly overpriced XP Every now and then, I see a guy with a whole bunch of various things including games, prices are better but the seleciton isnt great.[/quote]

I have to agree. I stopped by the local flea market 3 times the last few months and I all I've seen is the same guy with the same table with the same horribly overpriced games. Cheapest NES game is 10 bucks, SNES 15, 64 games are 20, etc.etc.
The games are also in horrible condition. They also all seem to be bleached white. Like the guy has been sitting out there for decades in the sun trying to sell these things.

FFVII (black label) for 5 dollars. The discs are in decent shape, but the manual has seen better days. I found this game at a local yard sale for 5 dollars. It's funny because I keep running into this game (4 times in the las couple of years), but I've never kept it long enough to finish it. This one is probably going up on gooozex.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Wow, I am so glad I decided to go to the Flea Market this morning. I got up at 11 last night & decided to set the clock. Thank God for that. I found these:

Tomba (complete)-$3
FFVII (misprint, complete, looks brand new)-$5
Conker's Bad Fur Day (cart only)-$3
black Sega Sports DS controller-$2
Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (cart only)
Zelda: Link to the Shit (cart only)
ToeJam & Earl (cart only)-$10 for all 3
Saint Sword (Genesis, no manual)-$1
Atari 7800 wth games (no power cord. Anyone have a spare?)-$15[/quote]

Holy crap!!! SEGASONIC BOUGHT A ZELDA GAME!! I think hell just froze over!!

I bought it cuz the games were 3 for $10, and after TJ&E & Yoshi's Island, it was Zelda or some sports games. At least Zelda I can trade or sell. I'll also buy copies of the Zelda CE for Gamecube if I find them for under $10

Hidden Invasion In Shadow of The Colossus Demo Sleave (PS2) - .50

Was hoping for the demo of Shadow of The Colossus, instead I saw a scatched up copy of Hidden Invasion inside which I figured I'd still grab at the IAP of .50 just for the hell of it.

Crash 'N The Boys: Street Challenge
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat
Deja Vu
Family Feud
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Spy Vs. Spy
StarTropics

$7

At first I grabbed Punch Out and Crash 'N The Boys at the IAP of a $1 each. Didn't buy much today so I went back and picked out four more and the guy said I could have the last two games for another dollar so I grabbed the last 6 he had for $5. It was a good thing I grabbed them as they were kind of damp with some label damage from being wet on 3 of them and right after I bought the last 6 games and was leaving it started to rain.

[quote name='Link927']Just wondering, what type of booths do you guys usually find good deals? The only place to find games at the flea market are at booths that only sell games, and they're usually extreamly overpriced XP Every now and then, I see a guy with a whole bunch of various things including games, prices are better but the seleciton isnt great.[/QUOTE]

The handful of times I got good finds before it closed (my local flea market got paved over for a Lowe's :D) was usually out with the folks who had big jumbles of random stuff. Games most typically turned up at booths with other electronic knick-knacks around (TVs, speakers, CDs and vinyl, etc.) or booths with toys (note the age of said toys- a bunch of baby blocks is less likely than a pile of action figures and cars, for example.) There was one game seller on the inside who was fantastic though- not always the cheapest, but super-friendly, quick to discount, and actually had a return policy if the game/system didn't work. I miss that guy.

While not a phenomenal deal, I saved myself the cost of shipping from NewEgg or wherever and I picked up some wayyyy offbrand ethernet cable.

I got 100 feet of it for $15.

It's from a company called Sonitek. Looks pretty durable, but I have yet to string it up through my families house to try and wire up my PS3 for my DSL connection. Once I do that though, then I'll know for certain if it was a bargain or a ripoff. I've bought some of their products before(typically dollar store stuff) and for the price it was a great value and some of them lasted longer than the first party stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']While not a phenomenal deal, I saved myself the cost of shipping from NewEgg or wherever and I picked up some wayyyy offbrand ethernet cable.

I got 100 feet of it for $15.

It's from a company called Sonitek. Looks pretty durable, but I have yet to string it up through my families house to try and wire up my PS3 for my DSL connection. Once I do that though, then I'll know for certain if it was a bargain or a ripoff. I've bought some of their products before(typically dollar store stuff) and for the price it was a great value and some of them lasted longer than the first party stuff.[/quote]

If there is any possibility it may be used, might I suggest trying the cable before going through the trouble of running it through the house. It would really suck to run it then find out it's "defective."

True. But the place that sold it doesn't do refunds unfortunately, so I'm still stuck with it. The only good part about it is that I paid for it with money I got from flipping cheap games for CASH to a local shop. They paid me like 2-3 times what I paid for them, so it was like 'free' money anyway.

But yeah, I should plug one end of it into my router and the other into my pc to test the abilities of it before stringing it through the house.

As for it being used, I don't believe it is, since it's sealed in the package and still coiled up.

EDIT: I just tested it and it's even faster than the normal regular retail store bought ethernet cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']True. But the place that sold it doesn't do refunds unfortunately, so I'm still stuck with it. The only good part about it is that I paid for it with money I got from flipping cheap games for CASH to a local shop. They paid me like 2-3 times what I paid for them, so it was like 'free' money anyway.

But yeah, I should plug one end of it into my router and the other into my pc to test the abilities of it before stringing it through the house.

As for it being used, I don't believe it is, since it's sealed in the package and still coiled up.[/quote]
I wasn't even thinking about the money part of it...
I just know I'd be :wall: if I ran the cable all through the house just to find out, it doesn't work and then have to run another cable through the house later.

The only problem I'm facing now, is that the hole for my cable isn't large enough to facilitate the cable AND the ethernet. I did a visual once over on it, but obviously I f'd up. Everybody I know who had cable line strung through their house must've had some untrained monkeys doing their installs, since the holes in their floors were typically a half inch or more in diameter, whereas mine is only large enough to accomodate the cable line.

Either way, I only watch maybe 2-3 programs on tv anymore(Adult Swim at night, Mythbusters on Wednesdays on Discovery and maybe Dirty Jobs on Mondays if I remember it in time), so I'm thinking about getting rid of the cable in my room and just stringing the ethernet line up there, since I use my PS3 more(plus I can watch whatever I would normally watch on tv on YouTube via the PS3).

Today's find were very meh.

Earthworm Jim (Gen, complete)-$2
Flashback (Gen, complete)-$2
Metal Gear (cart only)-$2
DK Country Box & manuals only (no game)-$1
Secret of Evermore guide (cover is missing)
Pokemon Pikachu Edition guide
Super Metroid Guide
Pokemon Red, Yellow, Blue combo guide-$3 for all
Vandal Hearts (complete)-$5

International Soccer (Atari 2600) - .50
Bomberman Collection With Quick Reference Card (PC) - $1
Hotnewz 64 VHS Tape - .25
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Guide (NP) - $1

Everything was IAP except for the VHS tape which I offered .25 for, not even sure what they were asking per a VHS tape probably .50 maybe a buck. Nice day out today, most sellers I've seen selling any day this whole year today. Surprisingly little of interest video game wise, passed on a Genesis 2 with a cart only Monopoly and some GBA/GBC kids games. Other then that I saw a few piles of last gen games (mostly Xbox) and a high ratio of sports games in the mix. As nice as it was today I can't help but wonder if I missed any really good finds (maybe but probably not) that went fast since I didn't make it to the Flea Market until shortly after 9 when I should have gotten up earily and got to the flea at 7-8ish at least especially since more buyers were out today surely along with more early birds.

Atari 2600 - mint in box with 20 games $10

Zelda: windwaker (GC)
Resident evil 4 (GC)
Defcon 5 (ps1)
$10

SNES
Super mario all stars
Donkey kong country 2
TMNT 4
$5

Joe and mac (gen)
$2

Front mission 3 (ps1)
$3

Only found 1 thing today. The New Tetris (N64, cart only, perfect condition) for $2. The IAP was $5, so I put it down. She then said OK, $3. I said "how bout $2?". She got kinda mad because she said they're worth a lot but OK.

I found the Star Fox Super Weekend cart today at a flea market for $2.50. How much is this thing worth? I found one eBay auction that ended a couple days ago for ~$250.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I found the Star Fox Super Weekend cart today at a flea market for $2.50. How much is this thing worth? I found one eBay auction that ended a couple days ago for ~$250.[/quote]
Pics or I call bullshit

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I found the Star Fox Super Weekend cart today at a flea market for $2.50. How much is this thing worth? I found one eBay auction that ended a couple days ago for ~$250.[/quote]where in WV did you find that!!

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']where in WV did you find that!![/quote]

A flea market they have at a firehouse out in Star City (Which is pretty much a small city on the edge of Morgantown).

[quote name='Segasonic01']Pics or I call bullshit[/quote]

Ok, and by that I mean, call bullshit all you want. I don't really have any reason to lie about it. I may take pictures later, I'll have to borrow someone's camera though since I don't have one of my own.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']
Ok, and by that I mean, call bullshit all you want. I don't really have any reason to lie about it. I may take pictures later, I'll have to borrow someone's camera though since I don't have one of my own.[/quote]
I don't mean to be a dick, but a lot of people post insane finds on here & they turn out to be fake. And then, most people say they dont have a camera or it broke. Please, prove me wrong and I'll admit defeat.

I picked up
GRID 360= $25 new ( I was gonna pick this up new anyway so I saved myself $35)
Parasite Eve strategy guide- $1, it still has all the stickers
Digital converter box - $25, I used up those coupons already

Picked up a copy of Animal Crossing (GC) in a Mario Party 7 case for $5. Also picked up Super Mario World (SNES) w/ instructions in a hard plastic SNES case for $5.

[quote name='willc23']Picked up a copy of Animal Crossing (GC) in a Mario Party 7 case for $5. Also picked up Super Mario World (SNES) w/ instructions in a hard plastic SNES case for $5.[/QUOTE]
I would have preferred the latter since it's worth more but Animal Crossing is still pretty fun. Similar thing happened awhile back, I bought a copy of Chibi Robo for GC and inside was a gamecube memory card (an official 251 at that too) and Super Smash Bros Melee. I wanted to play Chibi Robo but it wasn't really a disapointment and I did only pay $5

I found a Saturn(2 controllers with frayed wires) and Atari 2600(with 2 games and paddles) for $15 each. They've been sitting there for a month so I prob could have gotten both for $20. Think it's worth it?

FIND OF THE WEEK FOR ME
$5 SEALED Persona 2: Eternal Punishment!!!!

$5 each
Metal Gear Solid Mint/complete
Star Ocean: second story Mint/complete

$2
Final Fantasy 9 Mint/Complete
Wild Arms 2 Mint/Complete
Parasite Eve Disc only
Parasite Eve II Disc Only

Lemmings x2 (PC, Sealed)
Prince of Persia CD Collection x2 (PC)

$3

IAP was $1 per a disc, offered $3 for 4.

Sega Game Gear Case with Game Gear Battery Pack & an empty Game Gear game case - $2

This was in a box sitting underneath a Genesis 2 with all, mostly sports games. It also had a power adpator that probably went with the battery pack that I gave to the lady and told her that she needed it with the Genesis. Asking $3, offered $1, agreed on $2.

Castlevania Bloodlines - $1
Disney's Tale Spin - $1
Fatal Fury 2 - $1
Marko - $1
Shining In The Darkness - $1

Regular seller that sells at the flea market every week had a Genesis 2 with about 20ish cart only games with a sign that said a buck a game. Picked these 5 out, had some other good games that are common with Earthworm Jim probably being the most noteworthy one I didn't need. This is the first time I've seen Castlevania Bloodlines in the wild in ages, I see Contra Hard Corps about once a year which while not rare by any means I would think isn't as common as Bloodlines, I still remember seeing the cardboard box version of Castlevania Bloodlines on clearance around here for about $10-15 new a few years into the 32-bit era.

Darkstalkers 3 Complete - $2.75

Saw Darkstalkers 3 on top of a small stack of PS1 games marked $3 per a game offered $2.75 as that was all that I had.

Yesterday I was pretty excited to find Ninja Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project for NES and Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention for Genesis with case for 2 dollars each at a flea market! TMNT 3 is fairly uncommon and is one of those 20-30 dollar on ebay/video game store games, and Stimpys Invention was just another one of those games I rented all the time and loved to play. I was almost paid 17.99 for TMNT 3 at a game store a few days before too, its a good thing I didn't!

[quote name='FOnewearl']

Darkstalkers 3 Complete - $2.75

Saw Darkstalkers 3 on top of a small stack of PS1 games marked $3 per a game offered $2.75 as that was all that I had.[/quote]

The one local shop has at least one copy of this sitting on their shelf @ 50% off right now and they're trying to clear out the remaining(read: not good/worth something)game guides they have, as they're giving you the guide if you buy the game it goes with now.

N64 System With Power Adaptor, MadCatz Auto RF Adaptor & 2 1st Party Controllers (Grey & Atomic Purple)

1080 Snowboarding
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Wave Race 64

$15

Saw this all in a box under a seller's table with a small DVD player on top covering it. Asking $20, offered $10 seller countered with $15.

Monster In My Pocket (NES)-$3
Super Star Wars-$2
Sega Genesis Trackball controller-$5
Megaman 64-$5 (didn't know this is only worth $10 :( )

Today -

Halo 2 Collector's Edition - $10
South Park Chef Plush - $5
4171ZFDQ1RL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
South Park Kenny Plush - $5
And assorted books.

Championship Bowling (NES) - $1
Tetris Plus x2 (One Complete, One Disc Only) - $2
Klonoa 2 (Missing Manual) - $4

All from different sellers and IAP. I didn't notice till I got home but Tretris Plus actually had 2 discs inside the case which will go nicely has the one I got at a yardsale a few weeks ago actually had a big crack in the disc that I didn't notice when I bought it.

Probably the most note worthy thing about the flea market today was from a vender who wasen't around, had 4 5200 games 2 of which I could see were Super Breakout & Countermeasure. First time I've seen used 5200 games in the wild around me.

Well, I finally got the opportunity to hit the local swap meet:

$1 entrance fee
$5: Strife, Aftershock+editor, Warcraft 2, Wing Commander 2, Mechwarrior 2+Mercenaries+Ghost Bear's Legacy, Lemmings+Oh No More Lemmings, Outpost, Shivers, Microsoft Golf, Myst, Myst 3, Baulder's Gate Soundtrack, Works 2002 wth CD-Key, Diablo+Hellfire, Starcraft+Brood War, Guild Wars GOTY, HL2 GOTY sealed, Shanghai, Fury3, Noctropolis, Descent 2 Destination Quartzon, Interactive Sailing, Star Trek Borg+Klingon+Starship Creator+Omnipedia, Quake, Blood.
(plus a bunch of junk cds...)

$7: Hodj'n'Podj, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist, Metal Marines, Hell a cyberpunk thriller, Bioforge, Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis, Dagger's Rage, Mario's Early Years, Spy Fox in Cheese Chase, Eradicator, Microcosm, Ecoquest Search for Cletus, FX Fighter, Hannibal Master of the Beast

$1: Narc (nes), Great Empires Collection (Pharaoh, Cleopatra, Caesar 3)

$1: Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

$1: Buccaneer

$5: Broken Sword the Sleeping Dragon, Eternal Ring, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, Kengo, Godai

$10: Simcity 3000, Lost Planet (win), Monkey Island 1+2, Resedent Evil 4 (PS2), the Punisher (xbox), Prince of Persia Warior Within (xbox)

= $31 total. Most of the stuff in the first batch will get sold; I bought a box'o'games for $5, but I've got most of them already.

Speed Force (NES)-$3
Paperboy (NES)-$3
The Fantastics Adventures of Dizzy (NES)-$3
Mario Party 5 (disc only)-$7
.Hack Rebirth guide-$1
Shadow plush-$2
Amy Plush-$1

Today kind of sucked. I did find a few items though

Thunderforce 3 Genesis complete 2.50
Game Genie Genesis 2.50
Game and Watch Snoopy game 3.00

Status