The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Otherguy676']

I can find Earthbounds but I can never find Ogre Battle, Persona 1 etc.

quote]

It's weird how that works, I have found 3 Super Mario PRG's here in the last 6 months, but I havent found any other hard to find games.

I think it must just be that some areas got more shipments of some rares than others.

Yeah, thats what I think too. I got 3 secret of Mana's in a months time earlier this year and people seem shocked by it. I've noticed that regions get more games, just look on ebay with item location when buying a rare game. I know New England got a lot of Snatcher copies because KB carried the overstock and they are based out of Massachusetts. It funny how that works.

^ya, we have a surplus of SOM's here also, but I have never found a Final Fantasy 2, or 3. I have found 4 Final Fight 3's this year, it's not quite as rare as SOM, but it is getting harder to find.

Last week i found Final Fantasy VIII GH with disc 3 and 4 only and Metal Gear Solid disc 2 al for $2. Just sold disc 3 and 4 of FF VIII separately on ebay for $10 total.

I scored eternal darkness, silent hill 2, and haunting ground for $5 total.
BOF dragon quarter for $5.
R-Type DX, Mister Mosquito, Bully, and a bootleg pokemon leafgreen for $10.
A sega genesis + CD with hookups, 2 controllers, sonic 1-2, and mutant league football for $10.
Great awesomeness day at the swap meet. ^_^
All games are complete except for the bootleg leafgreen and the genesis games.

[quote name='darkslime']I scored eternal darkness, silent hill 2, and haunting ground for $5 total.
[/quote]
Wanna trade Haunting Ground? :D

Picked up Alundra 2 (disc only) for $4 & Super ROTJ for $2.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Wanna trade Haunting Ground? :D

Picked up Alundra 2 (disc only) for $4 & Super ROTJ for $2.[/quote] Naw, I'm gonna keep it. Sorry.
I just got this Sonic The Hedgehog kids book at a yard sale called sonic the hedgehog double trouble if you want it. XD

[quote name='darkslime']Naw, I'm gonna keep it. Sorry.
I just got this Sonic The Hedgehog kids book at a yard sale called sonic the hedgehog double trouble if you want it. XD[/quote]
PIC?!?!?! :cool:

P5220197.jpg

Picked up Zoop! (Snes) for a dollar today. Seen a vendor with a ton of games all overpriced. The only "deal" that I passed on was (cart only) Final Fantasy III for SNES for $15. I got this game last summer for $5 and didn't want to spend that much today. They also had Shenmue for the Dreamcast for $15 but I didn't buy because I thought it was overpriced and I wasn't sure if it had all the discs. They also had Castlevania Bloodlines for the Genny loose for $8. I bought this last summer for $1 in box. Im not having a good season at the flea markets or yard sales.

Got a decent haul today

$5 Top Loading NES Complete with Super Mario Bros. 3 and extra A/V cable
$1 Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Guide
$1 Disgaea Manga
$5 Castle Shikigami 2 Complete

If anyone is looking for a Top Loading NES PM me, I already have one.

[quote name='darkslime']
P5220197.jpg
[/quote]

I'm tempted to try and get that from you simply to teach my upcoming son or daughter about Sonic to dethrone SegaSonic01 as the #1 fan!

[quote name='dv8mad']I'm tempted to try and get that from you simply to teach my upcoming son or daughter about Sonic to dethrone SegaSonic01 as the #1 fan![/quote]
hahaha, I hopy you have a lot of time/money on your hands.

Darkslime-what do you want for it?

As someone who has been to Segasonic's place, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DETHRONE HIM. His Sonic collection is unreal, I'm 27 and I have never seen anything quite like it (and Im a guy who has about 1500 video games and 7000 comics). It is just and insane collection.

[quote name='Segasonic01']hahaha, I hopy you have a lot of time/money on your hands.

Darkslime-what do you want for it?[/quote] Do you have a TL or something? I don't think its worth more than a few bucks.

Capcom's Gold Medal Challenge '92
Ice Hockey Complete
Legend of Zelda, The
Little League Baseball
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
River City Ransom
Super Mario Bros 3 with Manual

$7

NES games IAP of $2 each down to $1 each. I almost turned around this morning and didn't go to the flea market since it was raining a little bit off and on. When I got to the flea market it had a decent number of sellers toughing it out in the rain. First time I've seen River City Ransom in the wild around here.

The wrestling books were a dollar each. I actually have both of them in paperback but figured I'd get Have A Nice day in hardcover and ended up grabbing Chyna's book also since the seller was only asking a dollar each.

NES system with joystiq and gun and 10 games all in original casing with manuals to boot. Few stand outs in the games like Metal Gear, Dragon Warrior and Zelda.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

Capcom's Gold Medal Challenge '92
Ice Hockey Complete
Legend of Zelda, The
Little League Baseball
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
River City Ransom
Super Mario Bros 3 with Manual

$7

NES games IAP of $2 each down to $1 each. I almost turned around this morning and didn't go to the flea market since it was raining a little bit off and on. When I got to the flea market it had a decent number of sellers toughing it out in the rain. First time I've seen River City Ransom in the wild around here.

The wrestling books were a dollar each. I actually have both of them in paperback but figured I'd get Have A Nice day in hardcover and ended up grabbing Chyna's book also since the seller was only asking a dollar each.[/quote]

I think I have both of those wrestling books myself, one in hardcover(Chyna)and the other in paperback. Thing is, I think I only read through one of them(Mankind/Mick Foley's) and the other one has collected dust.

I really should put my other books up on my TL though, since I won't trade them to this paperback swapping place here, since I'd end up with credit to use on more books I wouldn't read. I just wonder if there's a big enough Star Trek fan on CAG to take 90% of my paperback collection for a decent price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think I have both of those wrestling books myself, one in hardcover(Chyna)and the other in paperback. Thing is, I think I only read through one of them(Mankind/Mick Foley's) and the other one has collected dust.[/QUOTE]

Your doing better then me I have both of Foley's books and haven't read either of them although I will some day I swear ;) Not very likely but I'm hoping to stumble upon Eric Bischoff and/or William Regal's book cheap in the wild.

So, are you like me and just a casual fan of wrestling anymore or do you watch the shows on Monday and whenever else they're on? I think I watch them maybe once every 3-6 months for shits and giggles, but it's only for a quick laugh anymore since I'm not a diehard fan like I used to be.

If you've never seen it, I have a copy of Beyond The Mat on VHS and the extended edition on DVD, which I could lend ya if you wanna see it. It's an interesting behind the scenes look at at least some of the former performers(Jake The Snake being one of them).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So, are you like me and just a casual fan of wrestling anymore or do you watch the shows on Monday and whenever else they're on? I think I watch them maybe once every 3-6 months for shits and giggles, but it's only for a quick laugh anymore since I'm not a diehard fan like I used to be.

If you've never seen it, I have a copy of Beyond The Mat on VHS and the extended edition on DVD, which I could lend ya if you wanna see it. It's an interesting behind the scenes look at at least some of the former performers(Jake The Snake being one of them).[/QUOTE]

I follow ROH, TNA & WWE. I actually just got Beyond The Mat the other week on VHS, I've always wanted to watch Beyond The Mat (just as I've always wanted to get around to reading Foley's books) :)

Sonic Books are still in print. My son has a bunch of them -- they were the only thing he would read when he was just learning how to read. Well that, and Captain Underpants.

underpants.jpg

Gonna rock the Flea Market tomorrow, wish me luck.

I'm pretty excited; last month they had a three-table set up with tons of NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, and Genesis games - most of them were marked up too high when I passed by it the first time, but when I came back around later (the Flea Market grounds kind of slope upward, with the parking lot on the bottom, so I usually check out any game-selling vendors on the way back down), a lot of them were marked down lower (this was a few hours later). Alas, I didn't have a lot of cash on me by then so i skipped it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will rock my Flea-Market tomorrow...and i will rock it hard. Hopefully I find as many good deals as i did last month.

Eh, "rocked" enough for me.

Books

Thinner by Richard Bachman - 1.50
Pet Semetary by Stephen King - 1.50
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz - 2.00
Rose Madder by Stephen King - 1.50
Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz - 1.00
Stephen King The Green Mile Serials (The Two Dead Girls, The Mouse on the Mile, & Coffey's Hans) - 2.00 for the three

DVDs

Dreamcatcher
Saw I
Saw II
Saw III
Employee of the Month
28 Days Later - $20 for the lot

Games

Metroid Fusion GBA - 5.00
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations DS- 8.00
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Xbox - 3.00

found 2 Jap Saurn Games, flea had a lot of games, just nothing good. Turned down a $3 Cart only Super Mario 2, should of bought it but I was worried about running out of money (only brought $10).

The Saturn games were 75 cents apiece
GTA 2 was $1 at a thrift
Super Valis IV and SM All Stars were $3 apiece at a pawn
Shining Force 2 was FREE

There were findings from the previous week

$15 - Mint and Complete R.O.B. the robot, seems like it was never even used. Came with original box also.

$2 - Castlevania II NES

[quote name='zlatour']$15 - Mint and Complete R.O.B. the robot, seems like it was never even used. Came with original box also.[/quote]
That's awesome.

The Battle of Olympus
The Guardian Legend With Manual
The Legend of Zelda With Manual & Map

$5

Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing Complete $1
Hogan's Alley Complete $3
Sonic Blast With Case (Game Gear) $2

Super Monaco GP Boxed $1

The IAP on the first 3 NES games was $2 each, I offered $3 for all 3 of them which the seller said he couldn't do but countered saying he'd do $5.

The next 3 games were at a new seller's table that had a page printed up for their new store. I paid the asking price on each game as I though they were reasonable and didn't feel like trying to go lower as to discourage them from getting into the used game part of what they would be selling at their new store.

Super Monaco GP's IAP was a dollar.

Could have been better but not too bad of a day at the flea market. One guy had a Genesis with no games. I asked him about games along with the system and he said a kid just bought another system with about 7 games, sounded like it was another Genesis and most likely little to nothing I would have really had to have.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

The Battle of Olympus
The Guardian Legend With Manual
The Legend of Zelda With Manual & Map

$5

Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing Complete $1
Hogan's Alley Complete $3
Sonic Blast With Case (Game Gear) $2

Super Monaco GP Boxed $1

The IAP on the first 3 NES games was $2 each, I offered $3 for all 3 of them which the seller said he couldn't do but countered saying he'd do $5.

The next 3 games were at a new seller's table that had a page printed up for their new store. I paid the asking price on each game as I though they were reasonable and didn't feel like trying to go lower as to discourage them from getting into the used game part of what they would be selling at their new store.

Super Monaco GP's IAP was a dollar.

Could have been better but not too bad of a day at the flea market. One guy had a Genesis with no games. I asked him about games along with the system and he said a kid just bought another system with about 7 games, sounded like it was another Genesis and most likely little to nothing I would have really had to have.[/quote]
Do you wanna trade that sonic Blast? LMK if you do.

This is Flea Market related, promise.

I don't know much about older consoles...how much would you say this model Sega Genesis is worth? IE, what is a reasonable price for me to pay for it?

800px-Sega_Genesis_original_model.jpg

The pic is from Wiki btw.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']This is Flea Market related, promise.

I don't know much about older consoles...how much would you say this model Sega Genesis is worth? IE, what is a reasonable price for me to pay for it?

800px-Sega_Genesis_original_model.jpg

The pic is from Wiki btw.[/quote]

That's one of the first 'fat' models of the Genesis. At most if it's complete with an RF switch and power cable and at LEAST one controller, I'd say it's worth $5. If it comes with some games(unless they're ALL sports), I'd add .50-$1.00 per game to the price.

I know there's going to be some CIF champions in here who will say 'you can get a whole boxload of games and a system for $3 CIF', but think about if it was YOU selling the stuff. Wouldn't you wanna at least get a bit for your stuff? I know I would.

As for me, I have a Genny model 2 I rarely play, but I'll keep it till Doomsday rather than sell it for nothing.

On a thread related note, I picked up a mint/complete copy of Firefighter F.D. 18 from a flea market about 30-40 minutes from here for $14.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

On a thread related note, I picked up a mint/complete copy of Firefighter F.D. 18 from a flea market about 30-40 minutes from here for $14.[/quote]
Give it a try. A lot of people didnt like it, but I found it to be fun.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's one of the first 'fat' models of the Genesis. At most if it's complete with an RF switch and power cable and at LEAST one controller, I'd say it's worth $5. If it comes with some games(unless they're ALL sports), I'd add .50-$1.00 per game to the price.

As for me, I have a Genny model 2 I rarely play, but I'll keep it till Doomsday rather than sell it for nothing.
[/quote]

I see, thanks.

I had the model 2 genesis as a kid (along with the 32x and Sega CD, YEAH WINNER!), but when it broke down after a few years and stopped playing games, my mom got rid of it and gave all the games to Goodwill. :hot:

Oddly enough, last year, my grandfather moved into a new house, where the previous owners had left boxes of crap in the attic. I went over with my brother to clean it out for him, and found a Model 2 genesis with two controllers -- lacking the hookups. So now I have a Sega CD, 32x, and Genesis, no games and no hookups.

Fun story right

[quote name='Segasonic01']Do you wanna trade that sonic Blast? LMK if you do.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I'm keeping it as it's one I've been wanting to find. I was rather surprised to stumble upon it in the wild around my area as I know it's rather uncommon and might even be considered rare as far as Game Gear games go.

I guess now is not the time to say that I skipped over a Sonic Blast GG at one of the Capital Pawns in the last few weeks. It may be there if you want to check.

I went to the fleamarket that I usualy go to each month this week, I got there early and i saw the same guy(new owner of the local game store) I saw on Saturday leaving with a large bag of games. I only found a nomad for $15, and a SNES multi tap for $4.

Warrior of Rome (Gen, cart only)-$2.50
Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention (Gen, cart only)-$2.50
Viking: Battle for Asgard Art book-$0.50
Devil May Cry 4 art book-$0.50
Slam City with Scottie Pippen (CD 32X, complete)-$3
After Burner (SMS, complete with poster)-$0.75
Mario Kart 64-$5

total spent=15.75. After I sell Mario Kart, I'm sure I can make that all back.

Not the cheapest week I've ever had but check my pawn find pic and you'll see why.

Skyblazer SNES Cart only - $6
Super Turrican Cart only - $4.50 (mistaked this for the 2nd one)
Astal SAT Complete - $3 (finally found this for a cheap price, which is about what its worth)
Legend of Oasis SAT Complete - $7.50, The find of the day as I have been looking for this for awhile
Out of this World 3DO game only w/ back insert - $3
Earth Worm Jim Special Edition Sega CD Complete - $10, may sell/trade, most valuable game I found
and from CC Clearance ($13.60 unless noted)
Nights Wii
Brave Story PSP
F-Zero GP Legend GBA ($1.57)

And these are the pawn finds, already posted in the pawn forum, all $5 apiece, all complete outside of Lunar 2 (missing inserts/manual) and Final Fantasy IX (missing manual, playonline advertisement).

All from the same pawn, and yes, that is a MINT Valkyrie Profile, that looks NEVER PLAYED. The adjesive from the white seal is still present and looks freshly removed. I think it was sealed and opened before being pawned. Final Fantasy VII discs look the same, but the manual looks read.

Tommy LaSorda Baseball (CIB) - $1 (IAP)

Sonic Spinball (CIB)
Starflight (Boxed)
Mystic Defender (CIB)

$3 (IAP was a buck each)

Pokemon Yellow Edition: Special Pikachu Edition - $3

IAP $5 took $3

Batman Returns (NES)
F-Zero
Tetris (GameBoy)
Sega 6 Button Arcade Stick

$7

Picked these four items out guy asked $10 countered with $7 which was taken.

2 Pictures of Curt Henning from back in the AWA, One of him and another of him with his dad (Larry "The Axe" Henning) - .50

Not video game related but an unusal and neat find for anyone that is a wrestling fan. I saw this in a box of junk and realized who it was. As I was looking at it the seller mentioned that it was Mr Perfect and it was rather obvious to me looking at him (and the AWA logo in the backround) that it was a picture(s) of him from back sometime in the 80s. I was just kind of just looking at it and not really thinking about buying it but when the guy said I could have it for .50 I didn't see why not.

Great haul from various flea and crap stores in my area.

COMPELTE Sega Master System
COMPLETE SNES

Wave Race 64
Kirby 64
Mario Karty 64
Pokemon Snap

Various NES Titles

All for about 25 bucks. Best haul I've seen in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back