The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went last week and there were lots of people I'd never seen down there before...not great stuff, but I made my money back by selling Star Ocean. :D

Star Ocean: The Second Story - $9
Ehrgeiz (disc only :( ) - $3
Tomba 2 (rental copy, so the middle of the manual was torn out bahh) - $9
Final Fantasy VIII (I wanted the black label inserts, lol) - $5

I also came across the GTA collection...but I assumed it was for the PS1, but it was the PC version. *sigh*

Found a vendor with a ton of ps1/ps2/dreamcast games that were disk only in generic dvd cases. Picked up for $20:

Fatal Frame (PS2)
Wild Arms 2 (PS1)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
Suikoden (PS1)
Soul Calibur (DC)

All disk only and not in the best shape but I couldn't pass those up. Speaking of their condition, Suikoden looks like a former rental and has two stickers on the front that were removed and the remains are there with the word "Void" pulled off. Any ideas on getting the rest of the residue off the top of this cd?

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Found a vendor with a ton of ps1/ps2/dreamcast games that were disk only in generic dvd cases. Picked up for $20:

Fatal Frame (PS2)
Wild Arms 2 (PS1)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
Suikoden (PS1)
Soul Calibur (DC)

All disk only and not in the best shape but I couldn't pass those up. Speaking of their condition, Suikoden looks like a former rental and has two stickers on the front that were removed and the remains are there with the word "Void" pulled off. Any ideas on getting the rest of the residue off the top of this cd?[/QUOTE]

Goo-Gone should take it off no problem. Just be sure to not get any on the data part of the disk.

[quote name='js1']Goo-Gone should take it off no problem. Just be sure to not get any on the data part of the disk.[/quote]

Thanks...I'll get some next time I'm out and try it.

I tried all the games out and they all play beautifully except Vagrant Story. I don't know how I missed it, but that game is scratched to hell. After looking up solutions, I found that toothpaste is suggested by many people to fix scratched discs. Has anyone here used that? Is there a better solution to get my Vagrant Story playable? Thanks!

Finds from the week
CDI Laser Lords (missing slipcase) - $2.50
32X Tempo (Finally!) w/ Slipcase (Crappy condition) - $4
GBA Advance Wars 2 cart Only - $5
SAT Daytona USA Champ Ed Complete - $1
SAT Independence Day Complete - $2.50
GEN Wings of Wor Complete - $3.50
SAT Pro Action Replay Comp (New?) - $6
and from PNT
GEN Beyond Oasis Comp - $9
GEN Turrican Cart Only - $2.70
CC Clearance
GBA Final Fantasy 6 - $17
TRU Clearance
Wii Resident Evil 4 - $8
Wii Zack and Wiki - $8

Not the most outstanding weekend, the Pro Action Replay pays for the Flea Market Finds, its my 2nd one and I may sell it to a friend to offset the cost. There were several Z&W at the TRU I went to and RE4 was a implulse buy as I already own the PS2 and NGC version. I needed FFVI for work as I play in my free time:) Otherwise, a bit disappointed I didnt get any import games from where I went at the Flea, have my eye on half of what they have, just waiting for price to drop. I was very happy to get Tempo, havent seen it in my area for under $15 in a long time. I overpaid for Beyond Oasis, however, I have been also looking for that for a long time. Hopefully I'll have better times next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
One I've never told you about, currently the best stand around that is going out of business/not renewing lease. Not a lot of "rares" per say, but a lot of 3DO, CDI, SMS, NGCD, Imports, etc games/consoles (as my hauls show, Ive been adding some Saturn games Im missing).

:)
I think Ill keep this one to myself for now, I cant have you mining all my spots while I'm still here in Tampa, especially since Fun-Land flea market has shown it can't support two CAGs (that reminds me that I need to go there).

^ Thats what sucks about hoarders >.< Why is it going out of business?

I went to Fun-Land friday cuz I had to work saturday. It sucked. I just got a like-new Gamegear case for $3

Other than a bunch of rare Hot Wheels still in box from the early 90's...I found...

Nintendo Power Guide for Super Mario RPG-$1 (Don't really need it but the game was awesome and it was a buck)

Super Gameboy-$2 (Again don't need but it was cheap)
F-Zero (SNES)-$3

Also saw like Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES for 20, Super Mario World for 16 and several other SNES games in the 15-20 price range but except for FF2, all the others I could probably find cheaper somewhere else. And I don't care much for spending more than 20 even at the flea market.

Some guy was selling Soul Calibur but was only including it with the entire DC system and I already had the system and didn't need another one.

Bottom of The 9th (N64)
Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffy Jr.
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98

$3

Asking $2 a game took a buck each for buying 3 of them.

Activision Classics (Complete) (GH) - $1

IAP was a dollar. The game is mint which is nice. I've been fairly lucky finding used disc games in great shape in the wild lately.

Sega Game Gear bag - .50
F-1 Race - Free
Super Game Boy - Free

I found the Game Gear bag in a box at a seller's table IAP was .50 which I paid. They said that I could use it for a Nintendo if I wanted to (refering to one of the Game Boy systems) to which I mentioned that I still had a Game Gear, they then mentioned that they had a Game Boy game out on their table the one lady picked it up and said I could have it. They also had a Game Boy light that they were trying to find, digging though some boxes in the car the one lady found a Super Game Boy and also gave that to me but they couldn't find the light but I didn't really need it so after a little bit I told them not to worry about it has it was too hot today to be going to all that trouble.

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 27 (In a case for Version 31) - $5

I bought this from a guy I used to go to school with and I even remember barrowing an NES game from him way back when. I asked him about how he got it and he used to work at Wal-Mart which is were he got it. $5 was the IAP price which I didn't try to shave another buck or two off of since I know him and it seemed reasonable. I actually didn't notice until after I took this picture that the game and case didn't match up :(

Batman: Revenge of the Joker (Genesis, cart only)-$3
Strider (cart only)-$3
Little Nemo (cart only)-$3
Novastorm (complete)-$5
Chronicles of the Sword (complete)-$3

Today I got UmJammer Lammy sealed for $8. I don't know if that's a deal or anything, but I've always wanted to play it. Also saw a gold cart of Zelda 2, but it had a giant crack on the back, and I don't know if it's worth anything anyways.

River City Ransom NES Cart Only -$4
Nes Top Loader w/o wires - $5

Nothing exciting, but obviously the NES top loader is a great find. I still have the top loader I got when I was a kid complete, so I may try to trade this one. RCR is a game I've been looking for for a long time.

Picked myself up a couple games at my local market

Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly Xbox -$10 disk only (I'm a sucker, I know but I really wanted to play it)
Panzer Dragoon Orta complete - $5
Beyond Good and Evil GC complete - $8
Guitar hero 2 360 complete with guitar - $20
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes missing manual -$15
Metal Gear Solid Subsistence (2 disk edition) complete -$15
Mass Effect complete 360 -$20
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem complete -$6
Metroid Prime 2 complete - $5

2 weeks earlier I got:
1016 GC memory card -$10
Diablo Battlechest brand new - $9
Wiimote Brand new - $20
DS action replay new -$5
Metroid Prime 3 complete -$20

I have done way too much shopping this month

Last edited by a moderator:
Playstation Games
Legend of Dragoon, The (Complete) (GH)
Spider-Man (Complete) (GH)
Spider-Man 2: Enter: Electro (Complete) (GH)

$5

IAP was $2.50 a game. I walked around the flea market and didn't buy anything at first but came back and offered $5 for these 3 game which the guy took, he was in the middle of talking to some lady so counter offering wasen't high on his list of priorities even if he would have if he wasen't busy talking.

Playstation Games
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (Complete)
Twisted Metal 2 (Complete) (GH)

$8

I bought these two games at a different flea market I only go to a few times a year as everything video game related is pricey/expensive. The IAP on the Playstation games was $5 each I offered $8 which the lady accepted as I just helped her with some questions she asked me about Playstation backwards compatibility. She was nice but made it sound as if she took my offer since I just helped her as if she really didn't plan on taking anything less the the asking price on any of the video games they were selling which seems to be how it is with sellers at this flea market.

Not much luck today.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Starfox 64
Pokemon Snap

Guy wanted 15 for all three, I asked 5 (just to get him to meet me halfway), we agreed on 10.

[quote name='Segasonic01']^ you got ripped off. You paid money for a Zelda game. The $3.33 you spent on it could've been put to much better use.[/QUOTE]
Legend of Zelda is awesome, I don't know what you are on but share

^ Ah, don't worry about him, he hates zelda, but loves sonic eventhough sonic has spent a night on every street corner of the known universe lately.

[quote name='Sinnbox']^ Ah, don't worry about him, he hates zelda, but loves sonic eventhough sonic has spent a night on every street corner of the known universe lately.[/quote]
While Link spent all his nights in beds with other men :whistle2:#

Sorry to say, Sonic isn't even in the same league as Zelda. Sonic, due to his failures the last 5 plus years, is more like Crash Bandicoot, Gex, and Aero the Acrobat in the bipedal animal mascot department. In fact, if Sonic Unleashed fails, Sonic may be occupying the same space of Bubsy the Bobcat. Holy Hairballs indeed.

I miss the good old days of the flea markets around here. I used to find games and transformers toys left and right. The past few years have been a complete bust though with over priced NES games and crap for toys.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Sorry to say, Sonic isn't even in the same league as Zelda. Sonic, due to his failures the last 5 plus years, is more like Crash Bandicoot, Gex, and Aero the Acrobat in the bipedal animal mascot department. In fact, if Sonic Unleashed fails, Sonic may be occupying the same space of Bubsy the Bobcat. Holy Hairballs indeed.[/quote]
I just fail to see how Zelda games are fun. Everyone calls me out on Sonic games for the last 5 years, and I know this. I have played OOT, TP, MM, & Zelda 2, but I just can't get into them. The only one that I thought was decent was the first one.

to get the optimum ZELDA experience it's mandatory that you masturbate to the Nintendo logo. You have to eat breath sleep and dream Zelda. The game is good, but it isn't the god that most people claim it to be.

[quote name='Paco']to get the optimum ZELDA experience it's mandatory that you masturbate to the Nintendo logo. You have to eat breath sleep and dream Zelda. The game is good, but it isn't the god that most people claim it to be.[/quote]
Ya, I can't masturbate to the Nintendo logo, just the Sega one. I like blue a lot more then i like red.

Disagree with you guys. For the time it came out Zelda was god. I think OoT and the later games in the series indeed are overated. But the first Zelda and ALttP....for their time they were God.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Thanks...I'll get some next time I'm out and try it.

I tried all the games out and they all play beautifully except Vagrant Story. I don't know how I missed it, but that game is scratched to hell. After looking up solutions, I found that toothpaste is suggested by many people to fix scratched discs. Has anyone here used that? Is there a better solution to get my Vagrant Story playable? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Haven't used it myself, but got told that trick by a Gamestop employee once- the important thing is to get boring, regular white toothpaste- not the minty-fresh blue gel with whitening crystals kinda stuff that's around nowadays.

GS also sells a repair liquid I use on my scratched stuff, with good results- I use cotton rounds from the dollar store instead of the expensive cleaning papers tho'.

$5 mint grey N64 controller. Thumb stick is like new.

BIG FIND

$25 Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence LIMITED EDITION. Complete and Mint!

[quote name='Segasonic01']Are N64 controllers really worth anything? I find them for $2 to $4 all the time...[/quote]

its because of the joystick not having any play, if it sits firmly.

The only video game dealers with stuff that interests me are competitively priced with stores that also have sales or are ridiculously priced. I offered $10 to some lady for Batman Vengeance and Tomb Raider Legend and she told me it was $30 because they were "brand new". I could see her not keeping up on the value of games and claiming that they were worth that much if actually brand new but they were faded reseals.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Are N64 controllers really worth anything? I find them for $2 to $4 all the time...[/quote]

If you are in an area that is big on classic gaming they are, people wear the thumbsticks out and need new ones.

Nice lot today:

Mint and Complete Zelda: Ocarina of time- $3
Mint and Complete Perfect Dark- $3
Mint and Complete Super Punch Out- $3
Cart only Conkers Bad Fur Day- $3

GC (all complete except pikmin):
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time-$3
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes-$3
Pikmin (missing booklet)-$3
Zelda Collectors edition-$3

Complete Saga Frontier 2 (ps1) -$2

All of the three dollar games was from one guy who said all of his games were three dollars and he wasn't going any cheaper ( I guess people were trying to talk him down today!)

Went today and didn't find shit. Some expensive PS2 games and some crappy NES games... Anybody going to the flea market in St. Charles?

Found doom collection and a canon photo printer. Those cost 20 dollars together. I also got a little machine which accepts debit and credit card purchases. Sold that on ebay. I also found a TI-85 calculator.

Black Sega Sports Dereamcast w/ 2 controllers and cables - $10
Cool Spot GEN Comp - $1
and then from the pawn afterwards
Star Gladiator PSOne Comp - $6
Conker's Bad Fur Day Cart Only N64 - $4
Pikmin NGC Comp - $6

A ho-hum week, Finally found a Non PC Pikmin 1 for under $10. Passed on quite a bit at the flea, Im hitting Orlando this week and wanted some cash for that. The Dreamcast is my 4th one, I didn't think he was going to take $10 for it (wanted $15) and thats a darn cheap price for a Sega Sports one so I took it. I bought Cool Spot because it was a fun game back in the day Conker's will be trade bait as its my second copy.

Flea market I went to is WAY overpriced .. Ex (N64 system only was 20 .. If you wanted cables and 1 controller it was 50 .. GoldenEye 64 was 50, as most N64 games they had.. PS1, Genesis, DC, NES were all 50, SNES games were 12 - 50 .. Way too much.. Had to pass on this Flea Market..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back