2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a semi local GS and saw and couple of things that caught my eyes....

[attachment=30667:D376506A-751F-491B-BD95-9AB63317EEB9.png]

[attachment=30668:F5D9198A-2853-4F5E-90DD-117957CEDD23.png]

First was that I’m starting to see more and more DS games having cases which I extremely pleased with. The second one was an ad in the store saying that they are buying retro games and as you can see it also says PS2 games (which someone mentioned earlier). Looking forward to this as I have a lot of PS2 games I would love to trade in.

attachicon.gif
D376506A-751F-491B-BD95-9AB63317EEB9.png

attachicon.gif
F5D9198A-2853-4F5E-90DD-117957CEDD23.png

First was that I’m starting to see more and more DS games having cases which I extremely pleased with. The second one was an ad in the store saying that they are buying retro games and as you can see it also says PS2 games (which someone mentioned earlier). Looking forward to this as I have a lot of PS2 games I would love to trade in.
I've seen a couple stores in my area have cases for DS titles--seems to be hit or miss.

And the retro trade ins - yeah they'll definitely take them but they don't sell them them in store (at least not yet, unless the PS2 rumor stated a few pages back is true). They get shipped off for online sales.

On another note... they raised the prices on NCAA Football 14 up $5 to 44.99/39.99 but trade in stayed the same garbage value. I forgot how rare this game is getting.

Just traded in Detroit Become Human, God of War, LEGO Incredibles, and Zelda link between worlds for 120.70 credit!

(I live by one of the locations that don’t do cash same as credit and get the 70%.)

attachicon.gif

attachicon.gif
F5D9198A-2853-4F5E-90DD-117957CEDD23.png

One of the reasons I find it so difficult to shop at Gamestop is because of the missing cases and/or instruction manuals. I avoided picking up close to fifty games in store or online (I have lists) the past couple of years as a result. The rest I managed to find in other Gamestops or elsewhere. I would love to see Gamestop make more of an effort to sell complete games and hope this is a sign of things to come.

On another note... they raised the prices on NCAA Football 14 up $5 to 44.99/39.99 but trade in stayed the same garbage value. I forgot how rare this game is getting.
Made even more rare by the fact that is was removed from the PSN and XBL stores respectively last year. Up until then it could be had for $20 digital (less if it was on sale). Gamestop tends to raise the price sometime before the college football season starts. Even more reason for me to keep my PS3 and Xbox 360 copies.

So how often is the "Trade in your system and get x amount towards a PS4 Pro"? I think my original PS4 is biting the dust based on it shutting down on me out of no where twice today.

So how often is the "Trade in your system and get x amount towards a PS4 Pro"? I think my original PS4 is biting the dust based on it shutting down on me out of no where twice today.
I think we'll more than likely get one in the lead up to Spiderman, if God of War was any indication. They'll want to push that new system.

I've been told by my store that the new marketing period starts on August 12th, so maybe see something there. I have my OG PS4 on Offer Up right now and hoping to sell it for $200 there, but if Gamestop offers a trade-in deal where I can get close to that or more then I will just take it down and sell it to Gamestop since I just pre-ordered the Spider-Man Pro system over the weekend.

My OG PS4 has become a Netflix box in my bedroom that my wife occasionally plays Fallout 4 or The Sims 4 on, I'll definitely get more use out of another Pro system.

Looks like the Spidey PS4 Pro is no longer available online for pre-order.

First was that I’m starting to see more and more DS games having cases which I extremely pleased with.
This is VERY store dependent. Some stores (managers) are better about it than others, I frequent several different GS and most of them toss the cases for one reason or another, but two of the locations I go to have the room for the extra cases and will display where they can.

Wow. If you want to talk about Gamestop scamming the public, just look at all the "surveys" in PUR's Xtra points section and the shady practices they're involved with. It's really unbelievable.

Managed to get the 900 or so points I needed for a $5 off pre-owned coupon, though. 

Looks like the Spidey PS4 Pro is no longer available online for pre-order.
Glad I got mine in this past Friday.

Can anyone confirm you can still pre-order it in store? If no one else tries, I’ll hopefully be able to try later today.
Depends on your store, you would have to call and see if they can still do pre-orders. Usually, these special edition systems get cut off around a month before they release and stores may get a couple extra outside pre-orders to sell. I think with this being Spider-Man though it will go pretty quickly and it comes with a physical copy of the game and not a digital code, so another plus in my book.

Last week I went a couple times to trade in some games for XBL credit and the 40% promo (Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (Valid through 7/22) still kicked in even when it was supposed to end on 7/22 and is not listed on the website anymore, would someone know when it actually ends, may want to bring some stuff in this week but even the employees in store were surprised that the promo still works and couldnt tell me when it ends.
anybody try this lately?

Talked with a regional manager in the store I went to today and found out that a couple stores in my area will be shut down in 3 months, if they can't turn sales around. There's apparently been days where they've had no trade-ins and under $50 in used sales(one's in a mall, so I can understand that one).

Didn't expect things to be that bad for the stores, but ouch. It's also going to suck for anyone with pre-orders at those stores, if they close.

Wow. If you want to talk about Gamestop scamming the public, just look at all the "surveys" in PUR's Xtra points section and the shady practices they're involved with. It's really unbelievable.

Managed to get the 900 or so points I needed for a $5 off pre-owned coupon, though.
The company that handles their extra points section(Peanut Labs) is mostly a survey and offers company. Peanut Labs also does business with sites like Swagbucks.com. So it's more likely that PL is paying GS for this.

Talked with a regional manager in the store I went to today and found out that a couple stores in my area will be shut down in 3 months, if they can't turn sales around. There's apparently been days where they've had no trade-ins and under $50 in used sales(one's in a mall, so I can understand that one).

Didn't expect things to be that bad for the stores, but ouch. It's also going to suck for anyone with pre-orders at those stores, if they close.

The company that handles their extra points section(Peanut Labs) is mostly a survey and offers company. Peanut Labs also does business with sites like Swagbucks.com. So it's more likely that PL is paying GS for this.
Not surprised they are closing stores. A lot of the stores around me that used to be EB Games are practically on top of each other. By my house alone there are two stores within half a mile of each other and within about 8-10 miles there are 7 Gamestop stores. At one point it would have been a good idea for some of these stores to be converted to Retro Gamestops and sell retro games, but Gamestop didn't see any money in that market until recently and they have completely mishandled it. They also tried to get into (they may still be trying) the mobile phone business and at one point they had the short-lived MovieStop stores which failed pretty hard and fast.

The biggest problem with Gamestop as a company is easily the number of stores that they have. It's great for me, but all these stores can not possibly be self sustaining. This seems to happen all the time in these businesses where companies take over their competitors and end up with a bunch of stores that are practically on top of each other.
Absolutely. I still remember when they first took over EB, they had 2 GS locations in the local mall, and 2 in the shopping centers bordering the mall. And in a 10 minute-drive radius you could probably get to another 3 or 4. They eventually closed a few of them, but they were open for years before that happened. Even though some have closed down, I feel like there are still way too many stores around to make financial sense.

There are 8 gamestops within 10 minutes drive from me. 2 are literally across the street from each other. If the light is green it literally takes 40 seconds to drive from one to the other. I times it once when flipping.

The biggest problem with Gamestop as a company is easily the number of stores that they have. It's great for me, but all these stores can not possibly be self sustaining. This seems to happen all the time in these businesses where companies take over their competitors and end up with a bunch of stores that are practically on top of each other.
I know that's the issue with the one in the mall, as it's a minute drive down the road from the one I was at. People would rather drive to the shopping center one than the one in the mall. The mall one also is one of the only ones I've seen in recent years that just sells games, none of that Thinkgeek crap floods other stores.

Didn't even remember it until I was filling out the store survey, but the RM also mentioned that not a single store in the district has prestige status. Closest store that has that is a 2 &1/2 hour drive south. Kinda sucks, as those store seem to get better stock when I look up stuff in local store's inventory online.

Which stores. Dont tease/torture us like this

I've always wondered what the secret was. I guess it was just not giving a damn for the better part of 20 years and finally realizing 'oh wait maybe we have too many stores?'

We had 0 GameStops when I first discovered a magical place in the mall that *only sold video games* (more or less), sometime around when Majora's Mask came out. (I had to buy a strategy guide because we did not have home Internet and I was really bad at directions apparently).

By the time I had preordered Wind Waker, there were now *three* GameStops, built inside the corpses of FuncoLand, EB Games, and the Software Etc. in the mall.

One of these stores, you get off the highway and turn left to go under the underpass and find it next to Target; the other one is in the mall which is literally on the other side of said highway. The last one is a couple of miles - no more than five minutes drive - at the end of a very long strip mall.

Not that long ago, a competitor opened up in the mall (they also sell books and vinyl and all kinds of stuff though). So there are *four* buy/sell/trade games business clustered in what can't be more than a three or four mile radius.

Maybe this is why my actually local small-town GameStop is supposedly due to be Prestige next quarter.

GameStop thread is active. Must be people talking about How GameStop messed up their business (so glad the internet has people for advice about the past).

I thought this was brought up earlier... I tried using a reward cert ("$5 off any Gamestop Product") on an Uber gc.  Did not work; neither did the Preowned cert (though that was a shot in the dark lol)... ah well, used TC, so it is what it is lol

What was the promo for God of war Ps4 pro. Really hoping they do something for the spiderman pro because $220 is not that great
I tried to find my receipt, but couldn't lol. If I remember right I got $200 for my xbox one s 500gb towards the God of War ps4 pro when I picked it up. So it was around a $60-$80 bonus.

Found this in the old GS thread, so I think I got $190 since the base was $140 at the time for the xbox one s 500gb.

Get $50 Extra Credit When you trade your Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch toward PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB God of War Console

Valid until 4/22

Hey long time "lurker" here lol finally made an account after following for years. Anyways I wanted to confirm the xbl/psn boost still works. Just got back a bit ago from trading Earthfall. Sorry if somebody already confirmed this.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I've always wondered what the secret was. I guess it was just not giving a damn for the better part of 20 years and finally realizing 'oh wait maybe we have too many stores?'

We had 0 GameStops when I first discovered a magical place in the mall that *only sold video games* (more or less), sometime around when Majora's Mask came out. (I had to buy a strategy guide because we did not have home Internet and I was really bad at directions apparently).

By the time I had preordered Wind Waker, there were now *three* GameStops, built inside the corpses of FuncoLand, EB Games, and the Software Etc. in the mall.

One of these stores, you get off the highway and turn left to go under the underpass and find it next to Target; the other one is in the mall which is literally on the other side of said highway. The last one is a couple of miles - no more than five minutes drive - at the end of a very long strip mall.

Not that long ago, a competitor opened up in the mall (they also sell books and vinyl and all kinds of stuff though). So there are *four* buy/sell/trade games business clustered in what can't be more than a three or four mile radius.

Maybe this is why my actually local small-town GameStop is supposedly due to be Prestige next quarter.
TRUE story, my small town GS was a prestige store.

Found this in the old GS thread, so I think I got $190 since the base was $140 at the time for the xbox one s 500gb.

Get $50 Extra Credit When you trade your Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch toward PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB God of War Console

Valid until 4/22
Nice thanks for this appreciate it. I can only hope it's similar wouldn't mind getting $270 for the pro if it's the same boost.

TRUE story, my small town GS was a prestige store.
I've actually heard folks say that when a prestige sale gets mentioned on like reddit or whatever, a good chunk of the comments are 'wtf, I have 37 gamestops in my backyard, but there's a prestige store two hours away in the middle of nowhere in every cardinal direction'.

I don't know what the metrics are (apart from an apparently easy-to-reach number of 9 or 10 star surveys), but they seem to either favor rural GameStops or disfavor GameStops clustered next to each other.

Of course I noticed that there are several Prestige locations in Houston so that's not 100% true either.

I've actually heard folks say that when a prestige sale gets mentioned on like reddit or whatever, a good chunk of the comments are 'wtf, I have 37 gamestops in my backyard, but there's a prestige store two hours away in the middle of nowhere in every cardinal direction'.

I don't know what the metrics are (apart from an apparently easy-to-reach number of 9 or 10 star surveys), but they seem to either favor rural GameStops or disfavor GameStops clustered next to each other.

Of course I noticed that there are several Prestige locations in Houston so that's not 100% true either.
Holiday seasons trash the suburban/urban stores' stats because of the high volume of sales and the low survey counts from the "occasional" shoppers. Which is why you'll see the prestige designation get stripped from a lot of those stores a good portion of the year.

Anyone else getting forced redirects to “you’ve won a amazon gift card open App Store to accept” when visiting GS.com on safari iphone/ipad?

Happens every time for the past few days. Don’t even know how it got passed Purify.

Anyone else getting forced redirects to “you’ve won a amazon gift card open App Store to accept” when visiting GS.com on safari iphone/ipad?

Happens every time for the past few days. Don’t even know how it got passed Purify.
No but a I've gotten fake virus alerts (saying something along the lines of "x% of your data is in trouble, install this program now!") from their site before on Android.

So I've read conflicting reports. How long do trade bans last I traded in more than 4 of an item. Is it 30 days or 90 days?
I got banned last year for going over the $ amount an it lasted 30 days. I traded 4 of one item earlier this year. I never checked to see if I was banned but waited 30 days an they let me trade when I tried.

So I've read conflicting reports. How long do trade bans last I traded in more than 4 of an item. Is it 30 days or 90 days?
You should be looking at 90 days or forever. Most likely 90 days. I've never heard of a ban lasting less than 90 days.

I hope it's not forever I completely spaced and traded in 5 wiimotes that I got from craiglist.
It won't be forever then. It takes a lot to get a perma-ban. If that is all that happened, you should ask your home store's leader to call their DL or LP person and vouch for you - and ask to have it removed. I mean 5 wiimotes is not an unreasonable amount of controllers for someone to want to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back