2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally going to trade my One S in for the X deal. What are the recommended steps for securing your info before trading one in again? The employees have jumped onto me for doing a factory reset before.

I'm finally going to trade my One S in for the X deal. What are the recommended steps for securing your info before trading one in again? The employees have jumped onto me for doing a factory reset before.
I think it is to update the firmware at home and leave your account on it for them to clear?

Reset it and create a dummy account that doesn’t have any of your information. That way if they don’t clear things before they sell them, had it happen to me, then you’re not in any trouble.

Quick question, checked the faq's so sorry if this has been recently addressed.

I have the day off and a ride to my local store for once, so I was gonna unload a few higher value games I no longer have use for. Am i right to assume there is usually a new trade promo that starts when the new weekly add drops (ie tomorrow) ?

Just need to confirm if I'm setting myself up for regret or not.

Just a heads up a couple of Gamestop’s I went to today had the xbox One X Scorpio new in box.

I'm trading in an iPad pro and don't have a charger cube for it.  Does anyone know how much that takes off the value?  I know the cable tends to be just a dollar or so but not sure if the cube is even required.

Reset it and create a dummy account that doesn’t have any of your information. That way if they don’t clear things before they sell them, had it happen to me, then you’re not in any trouble.
Good idea, thanks!

Just a heads up a couple of Gamestop’s I went to today had the xbox One X Scorpio new in box.
That's actually what I had bought. Had it shipped to me and was going to do a return/rebuy. I think if anyone else has the choice, why not get the Scorpio?

Definitely do a factory reset and never trust a GameStop employee to clear your personal info off of anything. The key is to update the console after resetting it before going into the store so when it is booted up it lands on the main screen and not an update screen. You will have to sit in The store while it updates so they can test a game on it.

Traded in a vcr Xb1 and OG PS4 toward XB1X and got $500 (even swap). Was expecting $450... No idea why but super awesome as I picked them both up in packages on Letgo/Facebook and spent $430 total.

Essentially saved $70+tax and I have a blue DS4, a Titanfall Controller and 19 games left from the package deals.

The PS4 got $275 credit and the O.G. XB1 got $225.

Traded in a vcr Xb1 and OG PS4 toward XB1X and got $500 (even swap). Was expecting $450... No idea why but super awesome as I picked them both up in packages on Letgo/Facebook and spent $430 total.

Essentially saved $70+tax and I have a blue DS4, a Titanfall Controller and 19 games left from the package deals.

The PS4 got $275 credit and the O.G. XB1 got $225.
Hmm nice that the $25 bonus is stacking lol

Yeah, me too. Got $275 for Ps4 and $225 for Xbox One. Got hit with a refurbished fee of $10 each which was odd but not so bad. Also, finding a brand new Xbox 1 X was challenging. Everywhere was sold out.

Does your rewards number automatically apply when you order online, like it does at Best Buy? I don't have any points showing for the 500 mil, and racing through checkout I didn't pay attention.

If your local store has SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers in stock, its listed at $14.99 and selling for twice that on ebay. pick it up in the 3 for $25 deal and its $6.67 w/ Elite.

If your local store has SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers in stock, its listed at $14.99 and selling for twice that on ebay. pick it up in the 3 for $25 deal and its $6.67 w/ Elite.
Is 3 for $25 just at one store you went to? I'm not seeing anyone else mention it.

EDIT: Nvm saw the other topic.

New weekly ad is up and the first page and a part of the 2nd page just says "tune in later today" with an xbox logo. Fine print indicates some sort of Bethesda related contest.

Does your rewards number automatically apply when you order online, like it does at Best Buy? I don't have any points showing for the 500 mil, and racing through checkout I didn't pay attention.
I haven't got my points from the 500 Million Pro bundle yet either. Checked my account and it says I made a purchase on 8/24 but says 0 points. Maybe it's still processing?

I haven't got my points from the 500 Million Pro bundle yet either. Checked my account and it says I made a purchase on 8/24 but says 0 points. Maybe it's still processing?
Same thing here. Those points better come through!

Also, my friend's late order of 500M LE order from Monday (the $800 bundle) hasn't shipped yet, but they made sure to send the PS+ and PSN codes less than 2 hours after order. Makes me wonder if they will just shaft my friend for overpriced codes and not ship the console.

SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers was listed as $17.99 for me in-store and online. So no 3 for $25 for me.

Well best buy wouldn't let me add spiderman ps4 bundle, but after several attempts on gamestop's web page, I finally got through on the app. My girlfriend and her boys are gonna love it. I know i've seen questions about it, but, having put in a preorder, am I able to take items in to trade toward it up until release? TIA

Well best buy wouldn't let me add spiderman ps4 bundle, but after several attempts on gamestop's web page, I finally got through on the app. My girlfriend and her boys are gonna love it. I know i've seen questions about it, but, having put in a preorder, am I able to take items in to trade toward it up until release? TIA
No since it's being shipped from the warehouse, the only way to that was to pre-order in-store. Tho once you receive it, you should be able to go back to gamestop and "return it" and use trade credit to buy it back.

Question about pre-orders. When I don't pick up a game I have pre-ordered within 48 hours of release does it eventually drop off from my pre-orders page? I had God of War pre-ordered during the extra credit bonus for it. It's still listed in the pre-orders section of my game library on the GS site showing as "not picked up."

Just seems odd that it would still be there months later instead of being canceled out. Just curious is all.

No since it's being shipped from the warehouse, the only way to that was to pre-order in-store. Tho once you receive it, you should be able to go back to gamestop and "return it" and use trade credit to buy it back.
Thank you so much for the help. As much as I loathe gamestop (just got the xbox one x from the trade deal, controller came broken, and they gave me the option of no replacement or an older model covered in dead skin with a warped USB port), this was the first time/place I could get a preorder in. 😑

Question about pre-orders. When I don't pick up a game I have pre-ordered within 48 hours of release does it eventually drop off from my pre-orders page? I had God of War pre-ordered during the extra credit bonus for it. It's still listed in the pre-orders section of my game library on the GS site showing as "not picked up."

Just seems odd that it would still be there months later instead of being canceled out. Just curious is all.
I pre-ordered Call of Duty WW2 but never picked it up. The Gamestop employee reminded me of the preorder I did and said that I can put that $5 towards a different game I wanted to Pre-order but it might be different now.

Having a hard time pulling the trigger on the Spider-Man Pro. It wouldn’t cost much to upgrade from my standard Pro, and I want the game, but that color scheme could be pretty harsh.

I pre-ordered Call of Duty WW2 but never picked it up. The Gamestop employee reminded me of the preorder I did and said that I can put that $5 towards a different game I wanted to Pre-order but it might be different now.
Thanks for the info. I'll either call or go to the store where I had GoW pre-ordered and ask about it. I have Middle-Earth Shadow of War: Definitive Edition pre-ordered at my home store with $5 towards it also. So I'll be giving them a call or making another visit over there as well.

Thank you so much for the help. As much as I loathe gamestop (just got the xbox one x from the trade deal, controller came broken, and they gave me the option of no replacement or an older model covered in dead skin with a warped USB port), this was the first time/place I could get a preorder in.
They gave you a used X1X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back