2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro held its value today, but I’m worried it’s cause they’re dropping it in time for Spider-Man.

Are backups on PS4 still as painstakingly slow as they were years back? I don’t even wanna save everything just PT and my video captures. When I upgraded my OGs hard drive in ‘15 it took like overnight to backup about 10 gigs. Might’ve had a “USB 3.0 Compatible” stick instead of an actual USB3 one.
I didn't get a chance to trade my pro in today; 1) because I couldn't take out my 2TB since I lost the tools. 2) my full backup eta was 12hrs then it went down to 8hr. 163.996GB was being move on a USB 3.0 drive. Canceled it and only did my game saves, PT and settings took about 15min. Went out and purchased a tool kit and will trade in tomorrow. Hopefully value stays the same.

Pro held its value today, but I’m worried it’s cause they’re dropping it in time for Spider-Man.

Are backups on PS4 still as painstakingly slow as they were years back? I don’t even wanna save everything just PT and my video captures. When I upgraded my OGs hard drive in ‘15 it took like overnight to backup about 10 gigs. Might’ve had a “USB 3.0 Compatible” stick instead of an actual USB3 one.
Yes, they're still slow.

Yea their backup time sucks I have great internet so I just pushed saves to online storage and and re-downloaded games vs backing up 5 years of data when I did mine last year. It was saying it was going to take about 1/2 a day to do and wasnt worth it since all games could be redownloaded - PT :cry:

Just giving folks a heads up in case your doing a trade in tonight or tomorrow, the other day at work I checked if the $50 coupon stacked with the $25 TIB, it doesn't.

Just giving folks a heads up in case your doing a trade in tonight or tomorrow, the other day at work I checked if the $50 coupon stacked with the $25 TIB, it doesn't.
interesting, i thought someone reported they do stack. makes my decision easier, better to trade in today with the coupon so i can just pick up the console tomorrow with less hassle. (less time to work with tomorrow)

That's a bummer, for sure.  $300 credit for a PS4 Pro stand-alone trade is still a decent turn-around.  I will just build up credit for GS Pro-Day sales event, then.  Thanks for the confirmation, destiny13777.

Has anyone ever bought a used Apple TV from GameStop? If so did it work well?

Or if anyone has any general tips on where to get a cheap one and what to look for that would be great!

Is that $50 code still working and generic?

Gamestop_zpsfj67eehi.png

Gamestop_zpsfj67eehi.png

Gamestop_zpsfj67eehi.png

Gamestop_zpsfj67eehi.png

Buddy thanks for posting the code but i didnt ask for someone to post it. This is why we cant have nice things. Now watch the code be invalid by the time I trade in my console tonight.

Ugh not a single store got an extra Spiderman console. Not sure if I want to take the 100$ cash hit on my Pro to get one from Amazon, or just pass all together

Well looks like you’re out of luck, willworkforbits beat you to it and already used it.

Guess you won’t be able to use it now. Like don’t even try.
Dang it! But ... there were four screenshots, right? Maybe it can be used three more times! I call dibs on one. Ya hear that?! Dibs!

Well looks like you’re out of luck, willworkforbits beat you to it and already used it.
Guess you won’t be able to use it now. Like don’t even try.
Its a generic code buddy. My issue was you posting bringing it back up. Those that really wanted the code only have to go back a few pages. Your bringing attention to the code, thus ruining it for others. Im 100% sure the vode wont be working by Saturday.

This is The GS Thread. Everything always get ruined.

Hahaha
I feel like this is similar to when someone makes a thread for a game that is slowly dropping in price on Amazon. There always has to be that one person who claims that by posting the link to Amazon the price will stop dropping immediately and it's all the OPs fault.

Well for anyone interested in NBA Live 19, check your active offers. I just checked mine and got a save $20 single-use coupon for it. It's valid from 9/7/18 to 9/22/18.

Edit: The coupon may only be for anyone who pre-ordered it. Maybe check the active offers again tomorrow and see if it pops up or not.

Edit 2: I got the coupon for buying a pre-owned copy of NBA Live 18 last year or earlier this year with my then Pro account. I didn't sign up for Elite Pro until June this year.

interesting, i thought someone reported they do stack. makes my decision easier, better to trade in today with the coupon so i can just pick up the console tomorrow with less hassle. (less time to work with tomorrow)
That's exactly why I wanted to check since I a coworker was going to trade in his Pro for the Spidey one he pre-ordered and I wanted him to get the most of it as he could. I'm guessing they updated it sometime Tuesday since that's when I checked and I did it again yesterday but nothing.

That's a bummer, for sure. $300 credit for a PS4 Pro stand-alone trade is still a decent turn-around. I will just build up credit for GS Pro-Day sales event, then. Thanks for the confirmation, destiny13777.
No problem!

Went in today to see if they were going to take pre orders for the neo geo mini. They said check the website on monday and that they had nothing in their system for it at this point.

It’s likely going to be very limited stock and limited pre oreders

Can confirm that the $50 code and extra $25 offer does not stack. Went in this afternoon and paid off my Spidey Pro and could not use both offers. FWIW the associate had no idea what the code was. Either that or he’s an excellent actor.

Nothing exciting from the Gamestop Q2 Conference call.

Pre-owned numbers were low during Q2 due to lack of new titles, but this is why GS did a big push and had all those promotions to trade in your consoles (like the one towards the Xbox One X) -- to get inventory for pre-owned in hardware instead.

Nobody trades in Switch h/w and not much Switch s/w, at least compared to others.

Expect some more promos like "get $30 if you trade in within 30 days" type deals, that will apply towards these upcoming fall games.

There is one thing I thought might be interesting -- they are trying to see what they can do about gaming tournaments at their stores possibly?  They are still in the early stages and are formulating how they can do this.  But esports and such being a bigger thing, they want foot traffic and they think it could be an avenue for some potential.  

Store layouts will change a little to focus more on P/O stuff, and merch/apparel as well, since that went up this past quarter.

It might be awesome if they held tourneys or something in their bigger stores, like the one local Prestige store in my area

Gamestop is still sending me these emails after the order ships that they can't charge my card. I'm paying in trade credit tho. I would check my trade card but going through the captcha is so fucking annoying. My previous order should be out for delivery. My SpiderMan LE just shipped as well.

Well for anyone interested in NBA Live 19, check your active offers. I just checked mine and got a save $20 single-use coupon for it. It's valid from 9/7/18 to 9/22/18.
May I ask how you got that coupon? Nothing in my active offers. Would love to get live over 2k this year.

May I ask how you got that coupon? Nothing in my active offers. Would love to get live over 2k this year.
I'm guessing it's because I pre-ordered it, it's also paid in full. Maybe call your local store and ask about it. I wasn't expecting to see anything since there was no mention of potentially getting a coupon for it. I suggest giving the demo a try if you haven't already.

I know last year if anyone pre-ordered Live 18 before a certain date the $20 discount was automatically applied.

Edit: I got the coupon for buying a pre-owned copy of NBA Live 18 with my then Pro account (didn't sign up for Elite Pro until June this year). It will also be available for pre-order pickup at 9pm local time tonight.

Gamestop is still sending me these emails after the order ships that they can't charge my card. I'm paying in trade credit tho. I would check my trade card but going through the captcha is so fucking annoying. My previous order should be out for delivery. My SpiderMan LE just shipped as well.
If they cant get paid, it will lead to a ban.

I'm guessing it's because I pre-ordered it, it's also paid in full. Maybe call your local store and ask about it. I wasn't expecting to see anything since there was no mention of potentially getting a coupon for it. I suggest giving the demo a try if you haven't already.

I know last year if anyone pre-ordered Live 18 before a certain date the $20 discount was automatically applied.

Edit: I got the coupon for buying a pre-owned copy of NBA Live 18 with my then Pro account (didn't sign up for Elite Pro until June this year). It will also be available for pre-order pickup at 9pm local time tonight.
Ok, thanks for the info. I did try the demo and I like it. Feels a lot better than 18. It's cool, I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale. I'm in no hurry since spiderman will be taking up my free time for the foreseeable future. Thanks again.

I bought a preowned nba live 18 and never got the coupon.

Any one have any idea where one could find a Spidey PS4 Pro without a preorder? I got mine but a buddy decided to get one last minute.

I bought a preowned nba live 18 and never got the coupon.
That's weird, did you pre-order NBA Live 19 as well? In the email it shows I'm eligible because I bought NBA Live 18 pre-owned (also applies to anyone who bought it new) and pre-ordered NBA Live 19 with the same PUR account.

Ok, thanks for the info. I did try the demo and I like it. Feels a lot better than 18. It's cool, I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale. I'm in no hurry since spiderman will be taking up my free time for the foreseeable future. Thanks again.
Happy to help. I'll be picking up both Spider-Man and NBA Live 19 tomorrow and will be playing both for a while, lol. I'm glad you enjoyed the demo too.

On the off chance my local GS's received any extra Spidey Pros (nope), I decide to backup my 2TB OG PS4 this morning. I deleted a crap ton of ps+ games along with anything I haven't touch in awhile and started a full backup of about 950GB around 8am. Not sure exactly when it finished, but my ps4 was asking to reset when I came back to it 7 hours later at 3pm. I was using a bare 2TB 3.5" hdd and a sata-usb3 adapter on ac power.

Only 1 store in my entire area seems to have gotten an extra pro. And the guy said I was like the 10th person to call that hour about it and that I would have to camp out till like 7PM (I called at like 2:30) to "possibly" get it.

I just said fuck that and bit the bullet and went through with my Amazon order. I'll just trade my Pro in when it comes next week. This console seems to be stupidly rare, and the Pro shortage isnt helping.

Just picked up spider man ps4 pro. Nicer than any videos or pictures I have seen online. Very nice red. Was in doubt about getting it and now realize that would have been a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back