2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless I missed it looks like there is no 30% off bag for collectibles on Black Friday. That sucks, it was great last year since it stacked with the buy 1 get 50% off blind bags deal.
It's in the Pre-Black Friday flyer at the bottom of each page: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/holiday/2018/BlackFriday/Flyer/PreBF_Flyer.pdf

Good through 11/21, so may not be there on Black Friday.

EDIT: it looks like most collectible items are just 25-30% off without buying a bag on Black Friday.

Gamestop's either embarrassed that they have nothing different than anyone else, OR they have a huge surprise that maybe they can't share yet because it'll hurt sales of a just-released game (Fallout '76 for $40?).
It's kinda douchey to quote myself but I wonder if this was legitimately the reason the ad was delayed so long. Has any other major release been advertised at 33% off MSRP 5 just 5 days after release?

It's kinda douchey to quote myself but I wonder if this was legitimately the reason the ad was delayed so long. Has any other major release been advertised at 33% off MSRP 5 just 5 days after release?
The $40 sale on Fallout 76 was pulled when the official ad came out on the website. It still could be in paper flyers, but as far as we know, it wont be on sale.

I'm that dude who posted some pages back, noting that GameStop wouldn't accept my PS4 due to creaky plastic. UPDATE: As WickedCyclone suggested, I simply took it to another store, and successfully traded it in for full value. :applause: I guess the lesson learned here is... if GS wants to dent your trade-in value for a nonsensical reason, just say no, and try a different location. New guy was very cool about things, not even acknowledging the slight noise the plastic made.

To anyone reading who still wants to trade-in the 500 GB PS4 Slim: you can get $175 credit for it. That's what they gave me. If you're doing this for the Spider-Man bundle and they're sold out, be sure to ask the associate to check GameStops within a radius for you, and let you know which location you can get one at. That's what he did for me.

Bummer. I really hope I dont get this treatment later today... did your TIV get cut from 175?
Yup, they were gonna cut it down to $130.

Is your PS4 relatively new? It does generate a lot of heat, so the plastic will expand and contract until it's "broken in". My PS3 used to do that for a year, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's a common thing for PS4 as well.
Nah, I'd had the system two years. As far back as I can remember, it's always done that. I keep everything as clean and orderly as possible, and have never knocked it over or anything, so I guess it just happens to some folks, depending on the climate and such.

Lol wait never mind. Figured out my answer to my question. Def picking up the spiderman bundle 

gamestop held me a PSVR Astro Bot bundle for my Astro Bot PSVR hold, so I got a Gamestop 'new' copy since only the display box was still out, least I was gonna play it anyways

so b2g1 is only last gen stuff? no ps4? :(
That's what it seems like. According to the old ad (the one that leaked), they were giving away b2g1 coupons if you purchase anything during the black friday sale. However, they removed it on the new ad that is currently on the website.

I bought the PSVR Astro Bot bundle oct 29th packed up brought it in, they gave me 100.55 on a trade card not bad at all was thinking will they give the 50 gift card  for the red dead ps4 pro if I bring that in just got over the weekend

Just had a new guy at my home store try to sneak in a warranty on my Pokémon purchase and trade in. I asked him what the warranty is about and he said it applies it automatically. Strike one for him.

Just had a new guy at my home store try to sneak in a warranty on my Pokémon purchase and trade in. I asked him what the warranty is about and he said it applies it automatically. Strike one for him.
If someone pulled that on me, I'd ask for their store leader immediately. That is BS.

The $40 sale on Fallout 76 was pulled when the official ad came out on the website. It still could be in paper flyers, but as far as we know, it wont be on sale.
It is being reported on many sites that it will be on sale. That piece of trash should be, and I fully expect some retailers to put it on sale for 19.99 to 24.99 by the end of the year. Even then, probably not worth the money.

It is being reported on many sites that it will be on sale. That piece of trash should be, and I fully expect some retailers to put it on sale for 19.99 to 24.99 by the end of the year. Even then, probably not worth the money.
They added the missing pages. All is right now, game is on sale again for 39.99 for consoles.

If someone pulled that on me, I'd ask for their store leader immediately. That is BS.
I might bring it up with one of the managers I’m friendly with, but it did make me mad. The sad thing is it probably works 90% of the time. I’ve never had them not ask before putting it on though. Just gotta make sure you keep an eye on what employees are doing.

Fallout 76 for 39.99 lol

That game just came out last week!
It must suck. Have you seen the video of the guy trying to return this game to Gamestop and ends up tearing up the store because he can't return it for full value. ( which you never can once you open it)

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoVW_NtCtBo

Saw that video; pretty unreal. Never seen anyone act that way, unruly and surly sure, but not violent like that.

GF convinced me to breakdown and try for a Switch, so suddenly I'm in for one. Not gonna lie, just got BB to PM Octopath Traveler to Meijer so getting hyped. ;)

I might bring it up with one of the managers I’m friendly with, but it did make me mad. The sad thing is it probably works 90% of the time. I’ve never had them not ask before putting it on though. Just gotta make sure you keep an eye on what employees are doing.
I’ve only had people manually reduce the price of the game by the cost of the warranty... trying to be slick.

So does GameStop have the best deal for the Nintendo Switch? The Console + digital copy of Mario Kart 8 + $50 GS gift card sounds decent.

CAG16 was just working last week. I think they disabled it during BF last year too, didn't they? I hope it's not permanantly gone.
Yeah I put in an order with it as late as Saturday night, around 11 PM EST. Gives weight to the theory that it was disabled for this week. Hope so.

Anyone have a use for 2x limit free after rebate xbox 360 4GB slims? I need to burn some GS credit but I can't think of a use for them except for the controllers for PC use.
Media center? It has built in wifi so it could be good for any axtra TV you have around.

It wasn't worked in quite some time now - I want to say over a year?
It has always worked, it just wouldn't stack with the Elite Pro. If you used it, it would kick out your 20% off.

However, since they stopped offering the Elite Pro to new members in August, it has been stacking again. It was working last week (I placed an order on Friday 11/16 with it). Hopefully they just disabled it for BF. I never noticed whether it worked or not during BF because they always did a blanket B2G1 on all PO games (it has never stacked with that in my experience), instead of the BS that they're pulling this year

I saw on Reddit this morning that Fry's Food has a digital coupon deal where you can get $10 off a purchase of three GameStop gift cards of minimum $25 each there if you add the digital coupon. Expires 11/26. I know people are going to ask me a thousand questions, but I live in VA where they don't even have Fry's stores, but this deal might be available to Kroger customers as well:

https://www.frysfood.com/c/save--10-00-on-your-grocery-purchase-coupon/800000011743

Do me a favor and click the damn link and read what the terms are before saying that I'm not helping you by providing more information. I'm at work right now, busy trying to earn a living! And people bitching instead of saying they appreciate the information isn't helpful.

That is all.

I saw on Reddit this morning that Fry's Food has a digital coupon deal where you can get $10 off a purchase of three GameStop gift cards of minimum $25 each there if you add the digital coupon. Expires 11/26. I know people are going to ask me a thousand questions, but I live in VA where they don't even have Fry's stores, but this deal might be available to Kroger customers as well:

https://www.frysfood.com/c/save--10-00-on-your-grocery-purchase-coupon/800000011743

Do me a favor and click the damn link and read what the terms are before saying that I'm not helping you by providing more information. I'm at work right now, busy trying to earn a living! And people bitching instead of saying they appreciate the information isn't helpful.

That is all.
just wanted to say I'm here for you

just wanted to say I'm here for you
Thanks, buddy. Less than two weeks ago, I posted the Dollar General deal and only caught flak about it. A torrent of complaints because people didn't know about it early enough and whatnot. So I was reluctant to even post this one, but I did it for the greater good. We all need to save a buck even in this economy.

Stupid Question Time: promo right now to get $20 off any new or pre-order game when you trade in a select game. That’s $20 off on top of the trade-in value of the game itself, correct?

Stupid Question Time: promo right now to get $20 off any new or pre-order game when you trade in a select game. That’s $20 off on top of the trade-in value of the game itself, correct?
No, the promo is poorly-worded and should be interpreted as "Get up to $20 off any new game or preorder".

Incorrect. At least if I've understood the discussion on this a dozen times before. I believe it means those games have a minimum of $20 trade value when put towards a new or pre-order. So If a game is already worth more than $20, that technically fulfills the promotion.

Anybody else having issues logging in to the app? It keeps telling me that I'm using an incorrect username or password.

Incorrect. At least if I've understood the discussion on this a dozen times before. I believe it means those games have a minimum of $20 trade value when put towards a new or pre-order. So If a game is already worth more than $20, that technically fulfills the promotion.
Yeah, the wording is “Save $20” so when the trade-in value for some select games was more than that, I was beginning to wonder.

Haha.  They seem to have taken away all of the reasonable shipping options, even for Elite.  The only free option for a 100 dollar order is "no rush shipping" that takes 5-14 days.  Killed Cag16 and killed free shipping; HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back