2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is t
Is this sarcasm? Or is it really starting online tonight?
From the home page:

NqRliVe.png

Anyone know if the $50 gift card offer applies to the Diablo switch?

Edit: Gamestop employee says its just the base model switches/including the MK8 one of course

Anyone know if the $50 gift card offer applies to the Diablo switch?

Edit: Gamestop employee says its just the base model switches/including the MK8 one of course
For what it's worth, they did have a listing for the Diablo Switch Console with $50 gift card on their website yesterday. It was listed at full price ($410) but I assume they were still in the process of listing things.

Is there a reason to why people want a Wii u over the switch?
To play Wii U games that aren't on the Switch, which is a lot of games. Here are a few that come to mind.

Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Super Smash Bros
Paper Mario Color Splash
Yoshi's Woolly World
Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
NES Remix
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Nintendo Land (actually a good game and shows off the power of the Wii U)

For $100 with some games, it's worth getting.

WTF is this autism insults? Cut that shit out, there are other ways to insult each other.
Hi. My question wasn't to insult anyone. I was wondering since the switch is similar. I volunteer with many people who has disability and autism/Asperger. They are amazing.

My friend has a Wii u with like 3 games collecting dust. It's Mario kart, Nintendo land, Batman.
I did get wonderful 101 still sealed in plastic, donkey Kong, and Zelda warriors. If he gives it to me, I may consider pick up some more games.

Heard GameStop discs don't work well? Is this true?

WTF is this autism insults? Cut that shit out, there are other ways to insult each other.
Hi. My question wasn't to insult anyone. I was wondering since the switch is similar. I volunteer with many people who has disability and autism/Asperger. They are amazing.

My friend has a Wii u with like 3 games collecting dust. It's Mario kart, Nintendo land, Batman.
I did get wonderful 101 still sealed in plastic, donkey Kong, and Zelda warriors. If he gives it to me, I may consider pick up some more games.

Heard GameStop discs don't work well? Is this true?

I wonder if they will jack of the prices of the drives the Slim 360 uses since they are giving the console away for "free". Might be a good idea to grab a drive before the console deal goes live.

Can someone please check my GS math? 

1. Initially paid $330 total for an OG PS4 GTAV & TLoU bundle in late 2014 (was $400, but sold both games for $70 cash).
  2. Traded it the OG using that +$50 coupon early last month for $250 TiC, so basically in the hole for $80 cash.
  3. Then bought the PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle on 10/26 using $80 in GS certs for $319.99 + 6% tax= $339.19 total.
  • $339.19 - $250 TiC = $89.19 paid off with TiC (spent about $45 cash on $90 TiC through old trade flips)
PS4 Pro final price: $125 ($80 + $45)..Does that look right or did I messed up somewhere?

Also, for anyone that got the PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle (CUH-72xx model), does your pro have coil whine? (My fans are pretty quiet and just blows really hot air out the back.)

Do you guys think GS will replace it even if I didn't get the warranty? I've been reading that Sony says it's normal, so was thinking they wouldn't do anything either. I bought it on 10/26, so my 30 day window ends over this BF weekend on the 25th.

Any tips on what to look for when buying from GameStop?
Gamestop has a return policy and they usually extend it with gifts for the Holidays. Wii U games are very cheap now too and I believe Gamestop has stuff like Super Mario Maker and Smash Wii U for like $15 used this weekend. I have personally never had any issues with Wii U games playing, but I also have only ever bought a used Wii U game like once or twice.

1. Initially paid $330 total for an OG PS4 GTAV & TLoU bundle in late 2014 (was $400, but sold both games for $70 cash).
  2. Traded it the OG using that +$50 coupon early last month for $250 TiC, so basically in the hole for $80 cash.
  3. Then bought the PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle on 10/26 using $80 in GS certs for $319.99 + 6% tax= $339.19 total.
  • $339.19 - $250 TiC = $89.19 paid off with TiC (spent about $45 cash on $90 TiC through old trade flips)
PS4 Pro final price: $125 ($80 + $45)..Does that look right or did I messed up somewhere?
Not sure if the issue here deals with math as much as it deals with logic. You have failed to include the loss of your OG PS4 in your losses calculation. You were "in the hole" for both $80 cash AND 1 OG PS4 after you traded it in. Whatever the value of an OG PS4 is should be included with your loss of $80.

I think it is better to say you paid $125 to upgrade to a PS4 Pro instead of saying you paid $125 for a PS4 Pro. Indeed, paying $125 for a PS4 Pro would be an amazing deal.

Not sure if the issue here deals with math as much as it deals with logic. You have failed to include the loss of your OG PS4 in your losses calculation. You were "in the hole" for both $80 cash AND 1 OG PS4 after you traded it in. Whatever the value of an OG PS4 is should be included with your loss of $80.

I think it is better to say you paid $125 to upgrade to a PS4 Pro instead of saying you paid $125 for a PS4 Pro. Indeed, paying $125 for a PS4 Pro would be an amazing deal.
This. Kinda.

+70
+250

That equals -$410, total out of pocket for the PS4 Pro. Actually comes out to more than msrp. Granted yeah he got the chance to use the PS4 for however long, so there's that. You're bound to lose money on trades... but that's why you try and minimize the difference between what you get back TIC wise and what you buy with that TIC. Should have waited til Black Friday to get the deal with the $50 gift card.

Can I use PUR certs to get a 360 slim on BF and still qualify for the rebate? I’m thinking it’s a good way to cash out my points and upload all my 360 saves to the cloud. My 360 slim powers on but won’t stay on.

This. Kinda.

+70
+250

That equals -$410, total out of pocket for the PS4 Pro. Actually comes out to more than msrp. Granted yeah he got the chance to use the PS4 for however long, so there's that. You're bound to lose money on trades... but that's why you try and minimize the difference between what you get back TIC wise and what you buy with that TIC. Should have waited til Black Friday to get the deal with the $50 gift card.
yes, this is the closer cost analysis but not including any taxes paid. And I agree, they should have waited for BF to get the $50 GC. They could attempt to do a return/rebuy as that's what I'm going to try with my Diablo Switch I bought a couple weeks ago. I'm also going to order tonight the MK8 bundle just in case I can't make it tomorrow to a store and return the Diablo switch and can't do the return/rebuy on it with the $50GC.

Can I use PUR certs to get a 360 slim on BF and still qualify for the rebate? I’m thinking it’s a good way to cash out my points and upload all my 360 saves to the cloud. My 360 slim powers on but won’t stay on.
Don't use the certs. The rebate people will need a picture of your receipt to prove how much you paid for it. If you didn't pay 69.99 for it, they won't give you 69.99.

1. Initially paid $330 total for an OG PS4 GTAV & TLoU bundle in late 2014 (was $400, but sold both games for $70 cash).
  3. Then bought the PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle on 10/26 using $80 in GS certs for $319.99 + 6% tax= $339.19 total.
PS4 Pro final price: $125 ($80 + $45)..Does that look right or did I messed up somewhere?
Sound math, but didn't factor in gas.

I only just now saw that there is $10 rewards cash if you by Fallout 76 in the next few days. So basically $29 combined with the BF price drop to $39.99.

Eh but I don't expect it to hold value too long and it apparently doesn't do too well on regular Xbox Ones, so its probably better to wait...

PS4 Wired headset. Trade value 5.00

They had some trouble looking it up on their computer, but it's there.
My local Gamestop denied me this trade today. I showed them 'PS4 Wired Headset' in the app and then showed my set, and she told me that mine are the 'earbuds'. No go.

I called another store about 10 mins away, and they said they take them and the trade value is $5.00. Go figure. Walked away with $12 trade credit.

Is there a major advantage to buying online vs in store aside from the obvious hassle? I know GS shipping has been up and down in terms of speed and likely want to play the things I'm going to buy, so if it's all the same price I'll probably just venture out to the store over the weekend.

LOL ... just tried to buy something on Gamestop site and was given this instead:

GameStop.com will be back soon.
Thank you for your patience.

PSA: If you do the Fry's Food/Kroger/Ralph's digital coupon deal to save $10 on three GameStop gift cards, you have to either buy three $25 cards or three $50 cards to get it to take off the $10. I tried three of the $15 to $500 amount cards earlier tonight, and it wouldn't go through with three $15 cards. But it worked with three of the $25 cards. Just trying to help you guys out by making myself the guinea pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back