2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can only expect so much from the one guy running GS's website powered by a dozen hamster wheels.
They downgraded to 6 hamsters. and 4 are on vacation for Thanksgiving, one called in sick. So that just leaves the lazy one that doesn't work very hard.

Edit: The mobile app still works.. but shows the old prices, links me to the mobile site which is also working but showing old prices.

While the site doesn't load on my browser, the app seems to work fine. There's even a banner for the Black Friday sale that leads to all the games that were listed in the ad, but they're still at their regular price unless they were already on sale since the 18th. I think the doorbusters will go on sale soon, but the site still hasn't updated yet.

as someone who maintains a very large webhosting backend, seeing gamestop crash every time is always gut wrenching

While the site doesn't load on my browser, the app seems to work fine. There's even a banner for the Black Friday sale that leads to all the games that were listed in the ad, but they're still at their regular price unless they were already on sale since the 18th. I think the doorbusters will go on sale soon, but the site still hasn't updated yet.
Are any of the games discounted at all? My browser almost always refuses to load, and when it does, no discounts for the games I want.

the BF prices were just online right? not in store..

There's a GS 5 min from me and all I really want is LA Noire for Switch.. ($10) so tempted to run there before they close since I have to run to the store anyway for last minute crap for tomorrow.

the BF prices were just online right? not in store..

There's a GS 5 min from me and all I really want is LA Noire for Switch.. ($10) so tempted to run there before they close since I have to run to the store anyway for last minute crap for tomorrow.
In store starts tomorrow at 3:00pm

Are any of the games discounted at all? My browser almost always refuses to load, and when it does, no discounts for the games I want.
I skimmed the list and it's only the games that were already on sale, e.g. Uncharted, Horizon. God of War, etc are listed but at regular price.

None of the bundles are currently working; not sure when GS will start their online deals because clearly their own start time was wrong. :roll:

Do online reward certificates work on Black Friday purchases?

Will I have a problem adding reward certificates and paying with trade credit on the Switch/giftcard bundle?

Do online reward certificates work on Black Friday purchases?

Will I have a problem adding reward certificates and paying with trade credit on the Switch/giftcard bundle?
Yes

No

I used a cert on BF to buy a XB1S that came with a gift card and used trade credit with no problems.

I managed to buy GoW for $17 (purchased Detroit: Become Human for $20 to make the final over $35 for free shipping). Looks like doorbusters and the other deals are slowly being updated and refreshed.... 1 game at a time....

For whatever reason, WWE2K19 shows up at the sale price in the app, but nothing else I have in cart (Spyro/LA Noire). The wait continues...

EDIT: LA Noire just updated - just need Spyro now.

I managed to buy GoW for $17 (purchased Detroit: Become Human for $20 to make the final over $35 for free shipping). Looks like doorbusters and the other deals are slowly being updated and refreshed.... 1 game at a time....
I don't see it. It still reads $39.

You can get free shipping on a single game. I ordered Lost Legacy for $10 a few days ago and GoW right now with free, slow shipping.

I don't see it. It still reads $39.
i had it saved in the cart for hours alongside some other games. For some reason, and after staring at the app for a few minutes, it showed $17 while in the cart... so I just purchased without hesitation. I'm still trying to see where I can see my purchases list on this app...

Was able to use the app to get fifa 19 and assassin creed odyssey for 27 each. Worked well because free shipping for orders over $50

Using Gamestop.com while using trade credit is like playing Russian roulette. Many people have had problems with credit being taken on sales that didn't go through and not getting it back.
I had that happen to me before with cancelling a 3DS online. The credit showed up after two weeks, but it would only work in store, not online.

I hate Gamestop's website and I would rather just go in the store, but of course I have to eat dinner at the time they open tomorrow. I hope the games I want will still be there a couple of hours after opening.

Check photos. Managed to snag what I needed. Tried to use my $10 GS giftcard and applied it during the check out... but it didn't work and it charged me in full?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back