2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are getting the display copy and really should quit complaining about “gutted” . It’s nothing new at GameStop and no amount of complaints on CAG is going to get them to change that policy, despite what you may believe.
If it offends you so much that someone that is employed at GameStop touched the game before you simply refuse to purchase the game. You get to see it before purchasing.
It's sets a bad precedent. Same for "new - other" on eBay. New condition shouldn't have any sort of ambiguity to what condition it may be in, it should just be new. It's an underhanded way of trying to pass something off as something it isn't, while trying to get the most back for it.

You guys are getting the display copy and really should quit complaining about “gutted” . It’s nothing new at GameStop and no amount of complaints on CAG is going to get them to change that policy, despite what you may believe.
If it offends you so much that someone that is employed at GameStop touched the game before you simply refuse to purchase the game. You get to see it before purchasing.
Not true. I've gotten countless gutted games from online orders. Not to mention the idiots who have refused my online returns because the game isn't sealed with the little clear sticker.

Anyone know a way I can get my hands on a b2g1 coupon without renewing or getting a new pro membership? Long story short, I want to get some games for my new switch, and want to do it before my elite expires in 2weeks. they told me today I can't renew (and thus get my own coupon) until after my elite expires.

Base TIV for DS4/XB1 controllers - $18 with 50% bonus - $27. I am not sure if Elite/Pro will stack with the 50% promo.

29xusyw.jpg
So wait this is or isn't an option now? Or does it just not apply to the Elite controllers?

N/m...just saw the small print. My bad.

I know it's a problem at some stores, but ironically enough I've probably gotten more sealed "used" games than gutted new ones. I understand the principal, but I only buy games at GameStop to play or flip, so either way, they're getting opened.

I just don’t like it when you order something “new” online and when you open your package, it’s been opened but resealed by GameStop smh

Quit complaining about a shitty company doing shitty things year after year? Yeah, nah, people will stop complaining once a company stops being shitty. You’re more than welcome to bend over, but don’t tell people to stop complaining about a legitimately stupid practice.

I've never understand people getting upset over gutted copies. Do they get off to taking the plastic sealing off each game they buy? fucking beats me.

I just cant see anyone over the age of 15 getting upset about some little thing like that.

I've never understand people getting upset over gutted copies. Do they get off to taking the plastic sealing off each game they buy? fucking beats me.

I just cant see anyone over the age of 15 getting upset about some little thing like that.
Myopic comment, as usual. I need to learn this site's block feature.

Myopic comment, as usual. I need to learn this site's block feature.
Ah yes, another person getting triggered over someone's comments on a site meant for adults. Wonderful.

I'm guessing you are one of those people who gets off to unwrapping a "new" game

Ah yes, another person getting triggered over someone's comments on a site meant for adults. Wonderful.

I'm guessing you are one of those people who gets off to unwrapping a "new" game
Huh? I've had to return 3 gifts I bought from GameStop.com because I don't like to give open box gifts to family and my friends' kids.

Why you so angry man?

Nobody is triggered, you’re just annoying and negative, both of which are magnified by you using terms like triggered.

On topic, stacked up 9 Switch games during Prestige Day and I’m holding onto them until Friday in hopes of a bump. But it sure seems that the well is starting to run dry as far as real profit opportunities go.

Go to your profile page, click Edit my Profile, then 'Ignore' Preferences, type in the user name at the bottom, and select Ignore Posts, Signature, and Messages.

Not complaining anymore. Just letting people know if they want a new copy and don't want to chance it at GS just price match it at BB. I very occasionally give a game as a gift and would rather it be sealed.

At BB I also get free shipping currently so if I don't feel like making a trip to the store I can opt for delivery.

So as you said no amount of complaining will get them to change there are options for those who are bothered by this. Or maybe want to give a gift and don't want to give an opened present. Once they sold me a open game as new and weren't even going to put the new sticker on it. I would have been screwed if I wanted to return it later.

i am so offended by people on the internet i have to block what they say so my feelings and or ego doesn't get hurt
If given the choice, would you prefer to read the thoughts and opinions of someone who consistently brings nothing of value to the table, or click a few buttons and move on for good?

It's more about helping prevent communication with people who contribute nothing to the community, but sure. What you said.

I can't really say I'd be bummed if I was given a game as a gift and it didn't have shrink wrap on it.  Its a gift, be glad to get anything.  Plus I'm a cheap ass gamer, I'd be pissed if they spent more on a new copy than buying a used one, anyway.  

Like when my mother asks me what I want for Christmas and I tell her all i want is a year of PS+, but not to spend more than $40 on it.  And she fucking gets me 4 of those 3 month cards at $15 a pop or some shit because she seen them at the store and it was just 'convenient' to get them while she was there.

Like when my mother asks me what I want for Christmas and I tell her all i want is a year of PS+, but not to spend more than $40 on it. And she fucking gets me 4 of those 3 month cards at $15 a pop or some shit because she seen them at the store and it was just 'convenient' to get them while she was there.
My parents have purchased a few games for their grand kids of the years. I have told them a bunch of times I get 20% off new games at BB. But they have never taken me up on it. They haven't bought any games for them in a while now though.

Hey sorry for re-posting, but my question got buried by the latest debate over "new" games, and I could use some fellow CAG advice and ingenuity.

The problem is thus: I want to do a b2g1 to get games for the switch I just got, and I want to do it before my elite expires in 2 weeks. Gs will not allow me to renew and get my own coupon until after my elite expires.

Is there any other way I can get a coupon? Didn't it used to be an option for rewards redemption? I thought I remembered that. Or does someone have a coupon they could "loan me" me for the 2 weeks, then I can renew and give you mine?

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Hey sorry for re-posting, but my question got buried by the latest debate over "new" games, and I could use some fellow CAG advice and ingenuity.

The problem is thus: I want to do a b2g1 to get games for the switch I just got, and I want to do it before my elite expires in 2 weeks. Gs will not allow me to renew and get my own coupon until after my elite expires.

Is there any other way I can get a coupon? Didn't it used to be an option for rewards redemption? I thought I remembered that. Or does someone have a coupon they could "loan me" me for the 2 weeks, then I can renew and give you mine?

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.
You would have been able to do that on Saturday at any Prestige stores in your area, as they had a B2G1 on all games. Sorry, I know that's not helpful.

Unfortunately, renewing your membership is the only way to acquire a B2G1 coupon, and you can't "borrow" any PowerUpReward coupons because they're tied to individual accounts. Redeeming someone else's B2G1 coupon on your account would be very bad for both your account and theirs.

GameStop fanboys/astroturfers/unconditional defenders are some of the most annoying people on the Internet and have been for years.

Another thing I won't miss when they close. 😁

Damn. I didn't know they were account-bound. Thanks vigilante.

I was aware of the prestige sale, but unfortunately the closest prestige store is about a 90 minute drive one way, and also on Saturday I was still under the impression that I could get my own coupon by renewing. Had that bubble burst yesterday.

What's with some of you? If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't even bother. You can disagree yet some of you take it too far, name calling each other and starting arguments. 

Now on topic, there are a few more preowned drops that hit today. Let's hope they keep dropping the price on some of the preowned versions of the games that are on the spring sale.

GameStop fanboys/astroturfers/unconditional defenders are some of the most annoying people on the Internet and have been for years.

Another thing I won't miss when they close. 😁
then what are u doing in this thread? thats whats annoying, checking on this thread yet you have the guts to complain about this thread?

Well, 4 for $20 on $9.99 games has my attention.  Still haven't scraped enough to jump on the current generation wagon. 

Been thinking about picking up the PS4 and XB1 titles that I already have on PS3 and 360.  Are there any PS4 or XB1 games that are actually an overall downgrade to their PS3 or 360 equivalents?

Well, 4 for $20 on $9.99 games has my attention. Still haven't scraped enough to jump on the current generation wagon.

Been thinking about picking up the PS4 and XB1 titles that I already have on PS3 and 360. Are there any PS4 or XB1 games that are actually an overall downgrade to their PS3 or 360 equivalents?
Is that still going on?

Picked up a used copy of the Yoshi switch game. How the heck did that show up already?

Anyways...small flip if you can find it in stock. Beast Quest for the PS4 is as low as $5.98 at Target and buy 1 get 1 half off. Trades in for $6 plus 50/60/70%. Probably can flip 2/3 copies for a $15-20 profit.

Picked up a used copy of the Yoshi switch game. How the heck did that show up already?
Have you tried playing it? Very simple / easy / dull with a charm that won't appeal to everyone.

I picked it up in a b2g1 on saturday and will be trying to exchange it later this week.

Have you tried playing it? Very simple / easy / dull with a charm that won't appeal to everyone.

I picked it up in a b2g1 on saturday and will be trying to exchange it later this week.
Not yet. It's for the better half who's a huge Yoshi fan. 😁

I'm just always stunned to see new releases available as used within a week of release. Especially when GS can sell them as "new".

j/k

then what are u doing in this thread? thats whats annoying, checking on this thread yet you have the guts to complain about this thread?
I have no beef with this thread. Hell, I don't even have beef with GameStop. I won't miss them if/when they close, but they're not so bad in my book that I'll ignore them and their deals.

But, they have rude sycophants who get up in arms whenever anyone criticizes the chain, no matter how small or tongue-in-cheek the criticism is. And it's gotten so. Damn. Old.

You can beat it with a lot of the extras by dedicating a chunk of a Saturday to it. Honestly, not surprised with a game like that or Kirby

Not yet. It's for the better half who's a huge Yoshi fan.

I'm just always stunned to see new releases available as used within a week of release. Especially when GS can sell them as "new".

j/k
I am jelly and I laughed :) ... and of course it showed up used at one of my stores today :/

Contacted CS about my issue with renewing pro and getting my coupon. The rep said she would"escalate the matter" and call me back in a couple of hours.......that was 6 hours ago.

Contacted CS about my issue with renewing pro and getting my coupon. The rep said she would"escalate the matter" and call me back in a couple of hours.......that was 6 hours ago.
oh yeah, she meant to say she would never call you back and hopefully she doesnt have to talk to you again when you call back.

Question: If I traded in a game this week with my Pro account (10) towards MLB The Show 19 in addition of the 50 percent will i get the 20 percent as well?

oh yeah, she meant to say she would never call you back and hopefully she doesnt have to talk to you again when you call back.
All joking aside, I did have someone call me back during the summer when some psycho manager (he's better now after the DM had a chat with him) asked loss prevention to freeze my account. Good thing for me, I was just doing a one-off flip from stuff I had collected over a few months, rather than going store to store on newly acquired games.

Always YMMV when it comes to Walmart, but there are some good clearance flips to be had. Turning $43 into just over $96 with Elite Pro is pretty nice.

Hotel Transylvania 3 Switch

Farming Simulator 17 Platinum PS4

DriveClub VR

Rapala Pro Series PS4

Cars 3 PS4/XB1 were what I used.

LA Noire XB1 would have been an OK flip, but I kept that one.

Always YMMV when it comes to Walmart, but there are some good clearance flips to be had. Turning $43 into just over $96 with Elite Pro is pretty nice.

Hotel Transylvania 3 Switch

Farming Simulator 17 Platinum PS4

DriveClub VR

Rapala Pro Series PS4

Cars 3 PS4/XB1 were what I used.

LA Noire XB1 would have been an OK flip, but I kept that one.
Cars 3 was going for *$27* with Elite during the last SB. Wish I had held onto the Clearance copies I got last fall...

Under #PowerUpPrank on Twitter people are posting that they got a PS4 Pro with 4 erasers from the April Fool's rewards. Did anybody get in on it? 

I doubt anyone here would have spent the points on it not knowing what they'd get. Knowing GS's reputation, they very well may have sent just erasers for 5000 points or whatever it was. So for the lucky few who did take the gamble, congrats. This was a weird time to run a mystery promotion - why April Fools Day?

I do feel like I'm rewarded from GS's website sometimes in that I get more than I paid for. Special editions of games when I only bought the standard edition, extra copies of games more than I ordered, etc. It reminds me of shopping with GoHastings.

I doubt anyone here would have spent the points on it not knowing what they'd get. Knowing GS's reputation, they very well may have sent just erasers for 5000 points or whatever it was. So for the lucky few who did take the gamble, congrats. This was a weird time to run a mystery promotion - why April Fools Day?

I do feel like I'm rewarded from GS's website sometimes in that I get more than I paid for. Special editions of games when I only bought the standard edition, extra copies of games more than I ordered, etc. It reminds me of shopping with GoHastings.
I tried to get them, but it would error out every time I successfully added the "Eraser" to my cart.

Under #PowerUpPrank on Twitter people are posting that they got a PS4 Pro with 4 erasers from the April Fool's rewards. Did anybody get in on it?
Yeah that's definitely fake news. I tried to redeem immediately upon activation just to see what would happen and there was an error message saying try again later.

Edit: Saw the pictures on Twitter. Looks faked af to me.

Mostly everybody here werent even able to get an order in. I tried several times and it never let me order the ps4 eraser xbox or switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back