2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the SMM2 promo email about trading in for $59.99 and my store was on the list...but I didn’t receive a code on my receipt either. Someone earlier mentioned it’s tied to your account, so we’ll see tomorrow.

GameStop has became more aware than ever before. Had a stealth “tank” last month and some games currently on the MWT list right now dropped in value...MLB19 for example

I doubt they’ll let us double dip especially on a bump weekend
What was the MLB19 TiV before the sb?

What was the MLB19 TiV before the sb?
$22 base if I’m not mistaken

Now down to $17...

Edit nevermind, unless this was changed today, MLB now has a base of $30

I did not trade my MLB19 with the stack of games yesterday due to the lowered trade in and noticing it

This further validates my argument that GameStop can and has the power to change trade prices at will, even during a bump.

A search of the thread found that PS4 CoD Infinite Warfare with MW Remaster has been $4.99 for awhile, but I was wondering if the LE with the season pass was converted to used recently. A store I was at yesterday had three steel books with their slipcovers and those round "this really is a new sealed game" stickers on the case.

Strange, I got the SMM2 email but none of the stores within 100miles is participating. Is that correct or will the POS take care if it anyhow?

$22 base if I’m not mistaken

Now down to $17...

Edit nevermind, unless this was changed today, MLB now has a base of $30

I did not trade my MLB19 with the stack of games yesterday due to the lowered trade in and noticing it

This further validates my argument that GameStop can and has the power to change trade prices at will, even during a bump.
thanks, i’m glad it bumped...thought it looked low yesterday.

Traded in my stuff towards CRASH since my store only had the 69.99 version of SMM2 and I didn’t know whether I can get credit back on that one, but then I sold crash to a friend for $30 cash right away so eh not too bad.

so is the Mario Maker trade-in good through today or tomorrow? It says 48 hours and ends on 6/30 but I'm just confirming that it runs through Sunday and doesn't end in the morning or something....
Also interested in knowing this. Naturally, when I went to start the drive out to these specific stores, my car didn't start, so I have to take it in today. fuck me.

Minecraft 360 also had one hell of a jump. I snagged a clearance copy from Half Price Books recently for $2. Gonna go ahead and cash that in tonight 😄

I wish Wii Sports Resort would get bumped too. I find cheap copies of that more frequently than the OG Wii Sports, surprisingly.
I think it’s b/c most Wii owners can’t play it b/c they don’t have Motion Plus.

So can you use the 20% extra TIV to buy crash and then return and get full value back?

I might finally part with Mario odyssey and maybe MARIO tennis if they get 39 each

Traded in dad of war, spooderman, and horizon: all that and a bag of chips edition that I bought a couple of weeks ago used during days of play. Pretty much got double what I paid for them by also buying Mario Maker 2. 

Mario Maker includes an EBC code on the receipt that they punch in to give the 59.99 trade value. Traded that in to a second Gamestop EZ-PZ lemon squeezey. 

Guy at the first GS tried to put a refurb fee on Horizon because "it needs to be resurfaced at the warehouse." Told him I literally bought the game from them 2 weeks ago and he just gave me a "i dunno lol" look. Ended up trading that one in at the second GS instead and ended up losing $2.60 TC on the Mario Maker bonus. RIP

Also, Need for Speed Payback on Xbox One trades for a ridiculous amount for a game you can by from the Microsoft Store for $10 (aka use all your rewards points from typing swears into bing) 

I’m guessing the code only prints for stores on the list?

Could someone screen shot or copy the EBC of their code after trading to see if it’s unique or a generic code ?

I’m guessing the code only prints for stores on the list?

Could someone screen shot or copy the EBC of their code after trading to see if it’s unique or a generic code ?
I really don't know. I called a couple stores not on the list and they said it should apply for any store according to their material, and that it expires EoD tomorrow. Always take what employees say with a grain of salt though.

Has anyone tried getting SMM2 at a non participating store but have the email for full value back?
Okay just tried this. Went to a non-list store, bought regular edition for full price, got no code. Will see if I can go further to a list store and see if it actually works.

Update: Looks like the code is something they have to manually scan, and the EBC code appears generic.

Sigh, lost like $6 on Division 2 and almost $20 each on MLB & MK 11 by not waiting until end of month instead of doing the bonus $5 promo like I did. Just didn't think MLB would get that big of a bump, usually its MSRP is down to $40 by All Star Break.

Okay so worst promo ever. Got the code from one store after using a $50 cert, went to a store down the road and the code came up as invalid. The girl working called a neighboring store and told her no stores in the state are participating in the promotion (wtf). Currently otw to a list store to try again.

Update: Traded in no prob at the other list store. I guess the codes only print, and work at, list stores. Good to know. K I'll shut up now. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, this whole SMM2 thing sounds like a mess. Haven't heard too many positive reports yet, so I think I'll just forgo it and hang onto my stuff for the July promo (if there is one).

I noticed a few people wanting a buy 2 get 1 one promo so that is what I was talking about and that is all I know.

I noticed a few people wanting a buy 2 get 1 one promo so that is what I was talking about and that is all I know.
not sure about everyone else, but there isnt much to buy at any stores around me anyway. tried to use my buy 2 get 1 free from renewing and couldnt even find 3 decent switch games in stock. i guess if you are just looking to flip there is more opportunity with that promo and lower price points, but just seems like inventory levels are so low its a chore.

not sure about everyone else, but there isnt much to buy at any stores around me anyway. tried to use my buy 2 get 1 free from renewing and couldnt even find 3 decent switch games in stock. i guess if you are just looking to flip there is more opportunity with that promo and lower price points, but just seems like inventory levels are so low its a chore.
I've been looking for two specific titles as well and my stores never have them. Hopefully some will come through in the next week

Yeah, this whole SMM2 thing sounds like a mess. Haven't heard too many positive reports yet, so I think I'll just forgo it and hang onto my stuff for the July promo (if there is one).
Never mind, I'll just TOFT. I'll let you know how trading SMM2 in tomorrow works out.

I have a question about the rolling 30 day trading.  So let's say my first trade was 6/1/19, so does that mean 7/1/19 reset all the trades that I did in June?  So I can actually start trading on 7/1 without being banned? 

Wondering. If bought SMM2 at a store with the 48hr no risk....is it only that same store to trade it or did it give a EBC code. And is it a one time use?

I have a question about the rolling 30 day trading. So let's say my first trade was 6/1/19, so does that mean 7/1/19 reset all the trades that I did in June? So I can actually start trading on 7/1 without being banned?
You are completely off. “Rolling” means take today and then count back 30 days.... whatever trades you did in that window count toward your limit. If you traded $2000 yesterday you have to wait 30 days past yesterday for that to clear.

What you described is a calendar month changeover, which is not the case.

Wondering. If bought SMM2 at a store with the 48hr no risk....is it only that same store to trade it or did it give a EBC code. And is it a one time use?
Only stores participating in the promotion. The EBC code doesn't seem to work at other stores. Seems to be multi use but they'll probably take the receipt from you. Take a picture just in case.

Only stores participating in the promotion. The EBC code doesn't seem to work at other stores. Seems to be multi use but they'll probably take the receipt from you. Take a picture just in case.
Mainly asking as the closest one to me is 80 miles in a different state. Thankfully the GS here will "honor it" still just for me if I wanted to

You are completely off. “Rolling” means take today and then count back 30 days.... whatever trades you did in that window count toward your limit. If you traded $2000 yesterday you have to wait 30 days past yesterday for that to clear.

What you described is a calendar month changeover, which is not the case.
Except in his example, it's exactly 30 days from 6/1 to 7/1, so he was technically right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back