2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a vending machine that sold gba/ds games at a mall in socal. Bought heartgold for $20. My body is ready for tomorrow.
I'd love to see a picture of the vending machine, and be careful that it's not a reproduction (just in case you get the GameStop employee that knows what to look for).

Dammit Pro members get extra 30% trade in credit and they don't have to trade in a game. I screwed up by trading in my games yesterday. I'm stuck with two crash team racing. I want to turn them into credit fast if there's going to be a B2G1 free.

Dammit Pro members get extra 30% trade in credit and they don't have to trade in a game. I screwed up by trading in my games yesterday. I'm stuck with two crash team racing. I want to turn them into credit fast if there's going to be a B2G1 free.
Where are you seeing that? If from the ad, I think you may be misreading it.

Its literally in the same box with the 20% offer. Please tell me you dont think that? For humanities sake.

for what its worth, the store manager did use the word "secret" when mentioning the buy 2 get 1 to me. I didn't think much about it until I just found the post on CAG's twitter. Could be nothing but could be something. I guess we'll see

Dammit Pro members get extra 30% trade in credit and they don't have to trade in a game. I screwed up by trading in my games yesterday. I'm stuck with two crash team racing.
I traded in nearly $500 worth of games on Friday. Oh well, Kenny take it away:[attachment=32426:E085CCEF-14CF-4D1B-A92C-2FB5C03A7EF7.jpeg]

Except in his example, it's exactly 30 days from 6/1 to 7/1, so he was technically right.
He said “So let's say my first trade was 6/1/19, so does that mean 7/1/19 reset all the trades that I did in June?“

He asked if going to July 1 would cancel all the trades in June. It will cancel all his trades before/on June 1, but that is about it.

Can anyone confirm it’s b2g1f All Preowned games accessories and devices? Last year anything and everything preowned was part of the sale. Someone earlier said no Switch that might be a bummer but if it’s anything and everything else used then that could make up for it at least

Can anyone confirm it’s b2g1f All Preowned games accessories and devices? Last year anything and everything preowned was part of the sale. Someone earlier said no Switch that might be a bummer but if it’s anything and everything else used then that could make up for it at least
The post on CAG Twitter specifies "games," but it also says ALL games, so I think we are a bit in the dark right now.

Stealth bumps will still be valid tomorrow right? Going to scoop a couple games at another pawn shop in the morning if so. I can make about $30 taking them to GS

I traded my Mario Maker 2 from an online store pickup at a non participation location and traded it in to a participating store. They had to call a manager to get the EBC code to bump it to 59.99. Worked as of 3PM Pacific Time.

I traded in a Marvel Spider-man ($28) I got from a pawn shop, a Wii Sports ($18.20) I had laying around, and a PS4 Madden 19 ($21) I snagged from a Redbox for $12.83 including tax. I did all three towards the Mario and had $7.21 left over. I'm wondering if I'd traded in more games if they would have just given me the extra 20% on everything even though it totaled more than the cost of Mario?  I also traded in 3 PS Move controllers for $24 a piece in trade credit.   I'm going to snag another Madden and The Crew 2 from another Redbox tomorrow and do another trade for CTR so maybe I will find out. And getting the Redbox sticker off was very easy. Just a hairdryer and a little goo gone to clean up, took about a minute total.  I'm now loaded up with trade credit for this B2G1 thats rumored.

I traded in a Marvel Spider-man ($28) I got from a pawn shop, a Wii Sports ($18.20) I had laying around, and a PS4 Madden 19 ($21) I snagged from a Redbox for $12.83 including tax. I did all three towards the Mario and had $7.21 left over. I'm wondering if I'd traded in more games if they would have just given me the extra 20% on everything even though it totaled more than the cost of Mario? I also traded in 3 PS Move controllers for $24 a piece in trade credit. I'm going to snag another Madden and The Crew 2 from another Redbox tomorrow and do another trade for CTR so maybe I will find out. And getting the Redbox sticker off was very easy. Just a hairdryer and a little goo gone to clean up, took about a minute total. I'm now loaded up with trade credit for this B2G1 thats rumored.
Yes any game traded towards them gets the boost, regardless of total amount traded.

I traded in a Marvel Spider-man ($28) I got from a pawn shop, a Wii Sports ($18.20) I had laying around, and a PS4 Madden 19 ($21) I snagged from a Redbox for $12.83 including tax. I did all three towards the Mario and had $7.21 left over. I'm wondering if I'd traded in more games if they would have just given me the extra 20% on everything even though it totaled more than the cost of Mario? I also traded in 3 PS Move controllers for $24 a piece in trade credit. I'm going to snag another Madden and The Crew 2 from another Redbox tomorrow and do another trade for CTR so maybe I will find out. And getting the Redbox sticker off was very easy. Just a hairdryer and a little goo gone to clean up, took about a minute total. I'm now loaded up with trade credit for this B2G1 thats rumored.
I just called my store and they confirmed the bonus will apply to all games as long as you purchase MM2 or CTR

They wouldn't be crazy enough to run a b2g1 this week and then a 50% extra promo next week...would they??

They wouldn't be crazy enough to run a b2g1 this week and then a 50% extra promo next week...would they??
I don't believe I'm gonna wait to find out. Values look really good for what I have at the moment so I think I'll go in tomorrow and trade towards CTR. It would be better to grab it for Switch instead of PS4 right? Talking in terms of holding trade value or getting more out of it later.

There actually was a 50% bonus + B2G1 last year, but the values were completely nuked as a result of the infamous year prior.

I did the SMM2 48 hour trade right before closing, but the guy did it as a return instead of a trade in to get to the full $60, so I think I'm going to lose some PUR points as a result. This whole promo was a shitshow from the beginning.

Motherfluddpuckers just redeemed a Google Play card with my points.  Anyone been successful getting them back?

Edit: whoa that was too easy.  Called the number and had zero wait time.  Was off the phone with my points refunded in less than five minutes.  Gamestop Customer service is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back