2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back myself and I also confirmed this again for those that told me I was full of BS a couple of days ago. It is a secret promo for whatever reason, ending on the 7th and may start getting emails tomorrow. Who knows about the email part though

Edit: made out good with my haul near $300 and picked up Crash
Is it All preowned items? Including All accessories and switch games?

I went to Redbox today to buy The Crew 2 and a couple of Maddens, since the purchase and trade-in went so smoothly yesterday. It came up that my card was not authorized to buy games. Despite just doing it yesterday. I called the 800 number, the Filipino chick was a little hard to understand, but what I think I got out of it was that they have a lot of fraud at that particular redbox with people returning paper discs, so they didn't want me to try and buy games and end up with paper. For some reason I didn't get, they had to block my card to make that possible and it may take a couple of days for the hold to come back off. So, so much for that plan.
I just tried this, too. Had problems last time buying in person, now I'm having trouble reserving for pickup. It says my account is not in good standing but I've only bought games from them. Oh well, $10-30 opportunity lost.

Can someone link to the original post about this "sticker"? What are you all talking about?
People who's elite pro membership isn't even close to expiring are getting their monthly Game Informer copies with 'your pro membership is about to expire' stickers on them in the mail, causing people to speculate that they're going to surprise cancel the Pro stuff in August

I just tried this, too. Had problems last time buying in person, now I'm having trouble reserving for pickup. It says my account is not in good standing but I've only bought games from them. Oh well, $10-30 opportunity lost.
i just went to a different machine and it worked fine. Of course there are no other machines with The Crew but I got a Madden, and a Shadow of the Tomb Raider for XBOX for a $4 flip.

People who's elite pro membership isn't even close to expiring are getting their monthly Game Informer copies with 'your pro membership is about to expire' stickers on them in the mail, causing people to speculate that they're going to surprise cancel the Pro stuff in August
Ahhhhhh, okay, that makes sense then. Well my membership expires super soon, the elite does anyhow...not sure about renewing thanks to the possibility of the 'new' membership...its kinda trash.

Ahhhhhh, okay, that makes sense then. Well my membership expires super soon, the elite does anyhow...not sure about renewing thanks to the possibility of the 'new' membership...its kinda trash.
yeah nobody knows for sure, another guy says his came without any sticker, coulda just been some kinda error

i just went to a different machine and it worked fine. Of course there are no other machines with The Crew but I got a Madden, and a Shadow of the Tomb Raider for XBOX for a $4 flip.
How is this worth it? Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets you around $1 and you’re converting cash to credit.

I was able to grab Halo the Master Chief Collection from a pawn shop for $5 and got $28 out of it. That and a free copy of NBA Live 19 because it didn't have a case were my biggest profits on this flip trip

Debating whether or not to trade in mlb 19 the show for Crash Team Racing. Then need to decide PS4 or Switch....

Whatever floats your boat but I'd say ps4 if nothing else better visuals, better online multiplayer, and for me I like the ps4 controller better.

Just got back myself and I also confirmed this again for those that told me I was full of BS a couple of days ago. It is a secret promo for whatever reason, ending on the 7th and may start getting emails tomorrow. Who knows about the email part though

Edit: made out good with my haul near $300 and picked up Crash
dont pat yourself on the back too hard, you told everyone the buy2 get1 started sunday, and it didnt. first you said you heard it on a secret discord, then it was from your manager, so you were 100% full of BS.

dont pat yourself on the back too hard, you told everyone the buy2 get1 started sunday, and it didnt. first you said you heard it on a secret discord, then it was from your manager, so you were 100% full of BS.
I have never said the word discord anywhere on this site until this post. I originally thought it would be in the ad for Sunday, since I was told it was this week, which it is. I was told it was a secret promo, everyone else threw the discord in there.

for what its worth, the store manager did use the word "secret" when mentioning the buy 2 get 1 to me. I didn't think much about it until I just found the post on CAG's twitter. Could be nothing but could be something. I guess we'll see

Really hoping for the b2g1. A local store has Mario Maker 2, Yoshi's crafted world and Kirby all used so I'm hoping to get those. Even if it's not switch games I'm sure I could find some PS4 games I want

You also said all new consoles would be on sale for 75% off. Your a phony, a big fat phony.
28abb5377722dd4393049bc9b2669e10.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is this worth it? Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets you around $1 and you’re converting cash to credit.
Not sure where you're getting a dollar. I paid $12.83, game stop gave me $16.80 with elite pro and 20% bonus. Hence why I called it a $4 flip. And since I was going to redbox and gamestop already, to trade in the madden I bought for $12.83 that gamestop paid $21 for, it seemed worth it to me. Plus I got points, plus using trade credit means I don't have to pay sales tax on the next game so thats another 7%

They'll usually let you since it would just be an even exchange but some employees can be sticklers about it. I did it for people all the time when I worked there no problem.
Thanks, you were right, went ahead and exchanged two of the 3 since they were cool about it. really wanted to reward them with a game protection plan but the CAG in me wouldnt allow it, a great survey will have to do for this time.

Debating whether or not to trade in mlb 19 the show for Crash Team Racing. Then need to decide PS4 or Switch....
with Elite plus 20% its trading in at almost what a used copy costs, and you know the price will drop fast cause its a sports game. I'd trade it in, then re-buy later when the price drops, if you really enjoyed it.

y'all are gonna be REALLY happy with sunday's ad. i won't give any details though. it's a secret.

if it turns out to be on wednesday, i will still take full credit for being the first to call it...whatever it is.

then i will blame my source for giving me wrong info and sharing it recklessly.

y'all are gonna be REALLY happy with sunday's ad. i won't give any details though. it's a secret.

if it turns out to be on wednesday, i will still take full credit for being the first to call it...whatever it is.
then i will blame my source for giving me wrong info and sharing it recklessly.
how about cash minus 20% value of your claim of non sense credit.

Well it seems like the bump lives for another day. Take advantage of it while you can fellas.

Edit- They were still good as of my post with today's date aswell. Well it was fun while it lasted.

Not sure where you're getting a dollar. I paid $12.83, game stop gave me $16.80 with elite pro and 20% bonus. Hence why I called it a $4 flip. And since I was going to redbox and gamestop already, to trade in the madden I bought for $12.83 that gamestop paid $21 for, it seemed worth it to me. Plus I got points, plus using trade credit means I don't have to pay sales tax on the next game so thats another 7%
That’s still not worth it...IMO

Unless it’s almost a 100% flip like madden, I wouldn’t do it. $12 cash to $16 credit is a waste of time and effort

It's not dollars to dollars.  People will have different standards for this.  Personally I don't convert cash to credit unless it's at least a 1:2 conversion.

Last time I really went out of my way to do it was turning $16 PvZ2 copies into $48 gs credit.

not sure if we are still keeping tabs, but im in nc, elite pro, and received all my points from yesterday (trades, games, and currency)

So is the b2g1 confirmed for tomorrow? I haven’t seen an actual ad or any emails about this.

yeah... if there really was a b2g1 starting tomorrow we would have something by now and it wasnt mentioned in the latest ad. I'm officially calling bs

Honestly there could've been a b2g1 planned and then it got scrapped late in the game. GameStop has been all over the place with following through recently.

fwiw, last night a manager was telling the employee taking my trades yesterday to prepare for putting up b2g1 signage tonight.

no details as far as everything or switch exclusion.

i was looking at the stack of switch games i was trading and thought to myself...might be seeing you again soon lol

I realize I need to stop saying this but: I should've taken advantage of the SB and traded in a lot more stuff, only to buy it back as part of the possible B2G1. I only did a few games and only stuff I was willing to lose (and not buy back).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back