2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they have to get a certain % of games sold with a GPG or they could face employment issues. They also have trade and pre-order goals too. Also, bonuses are tied to store income, and returns reduce that, so some managers will be less than thrilled to process returns.

It's a crappy system and unfair to employees, but that's how it is for them. What you can do are positive surveys. They do help them and push your store closer to prestige (which means a quarterly prestige day with b2g1 free on PO'd games)
I was more asking why empty out the store of $14.99 games.

Glad to see that the Thinkgeek coupon worked on Sony/Microsoft giftcards. Don't forget that you have about 2 weeks left (9/15) to use that coupon...if you got one.

I saw somebody post something about guaranteed $59.99 TIC within 48 hours of release, for Gears of War 5, but couldn't find anything on the website or on the trade offer page.

Anybody else get an email or something regarding this? Need to convert points to credit and this is about as good as it gets.

Picked mine up last night & not showing yet. Will call customer service if I don’t get it by the time I get back from PAX.
I got offered the coupon today before I had even picked it up. I went to a different store than the one I had pre-ordered from and he asked me if I wanted to use my coupon.

I saw somebody post something about guaranteed $59.99 TIC within 48 hours of release, for Gears of War 5, but couldn't find anything on the website or on the trade offer page.

Anybody else get an email or something regarding this? Need to convert points to credit and this is about as good as it gets.
PLAY WITH NO RISK Gears 5 is eligible to trade for $59.99 until 9/12
when purchased at GameStop

It was in an email

So I redeemed a points preowned cert thinking I could use it online (got a Wii U combo) how easy/successful/time consuming is it to contact Supoort for a points refund?

I think he meant why buy 18 $15 games. At least that's what I thought. I was going to ask the same thing

But why though?

I was more asking why empty out the store of $14.99 games.
Because I had a LOT of trade credit and with elite and the current promo they are $6.66 each. I think I bought around 50 of them between the three stores, but I havent totalled it up yet.

Speaking of GPGs, did I imagine stores claiming that GPGs were for life instead of a year sometime last year, or did they really do that?

Not that it's a huge deal (or necessarily unexpected), but I noticed that :ps4: No Man's Sky's value went up to $15 base. It was $9 before the Beyond update

Not that it's a huge deal (or necessarily unexpected), but I noticed that :ps4: No Man's Sky's value went up to $15 base. It was $9 before the Beyond update
Which is so bizarre considering the Xbox version is still at $8 base, even though its newer and theres wayyy less copies of it. I'll never understand it

Which is so bizarre considering the Xbox version is still at $8 base, even though its newer and theres wayyy less copies of it. I'll never understand it
Just FYI for anyone that doesn't know, the Xbox version of NMS is $14.97 at a lot of Targets.

I'd suspect the PS4 version has more trade value because of the VR capabilities.

I’m trying to buy some eShop money with my trade credit on the website, but it’s declining? I know they banned some gift cards for trade credit, but I thought eShop was still fine?

So the survey system is broken?

Btw it looks like many of my local stores lost their prestige status this week, it's a tough time for GS

https://youtu.be/ngd7TsOqSHo

Btw it looks like many of my local stores lost their prestige status this week, it's a tough time for GS

https://youtu.be/ngd7TsOqSHo
Yep, the lone Prestige store near me is now no longer of Prestige status, but another one is now Prestige.

Wow, guess those surveys might actually work. Just noticed the one that I normally go to finally got prestige for the first time. Another one 25 minutes away also got it too. The only thing I can see between the two that got them prestige status is that they both get a high level of trade-ins.

Speaking of GPGs, did I imagine stores claiming that GPGs were for life instead of a year sometime last year, or did they really do that?
If they're telling you that, they're lying. GPG are for one year, especially since the sticker that prints up tells what date the warranty expires on. They used to offer 2 year warranties on used systems, but can't find anything on that anymore.

Also just noticed that the supposed "price drop" on Wii U consoles seems to have ended, as they're back up to $109.99 again.

PLEASE stop posting videos from these morons. I had to stop watching after it was apparent that his thesis was that going to a website and entering in three numbers was far too difficult for the average person to bother leaving a positive survey. This is obviously bullshit or there would be no Prestige stores. Do I think the whole Prestige thing is backwards as fuck and that Gamestop probably puts too much emphasis on surveys and metrics? Hell yes. But this is an issue in many places, even the Chili's he mentioned at the beginning. Not onlyshould you stop posting these, but you should really stop watching them, because they are rotting your brain from the inside.

Just FYI for anyone that doesn't know, the Xbox version of NMS is $14.97 at a lot of Targets.

I'd suspect the PS4 version has more trade value because of the VR capabilities.
NMS VR is really, really cool despite the PSVR graphical limitations. (which are significant, but the experience is not comparable due to the sense of scale and wonder)

If they can lessen the graphical disparity on the PS5, then the PSVR might become less niche and more must-own.

NMS VR is really, really cool despite the PSVR graphical limitations. (which are significant, but the experience is not comparable due to the sense of scale and wonder)

If they can lessen the graphical disparity on the PS5, then the PSVR might become less niche and more must-own.
I keep forgetting that the VR update is out now. I need to check it out this weekend, haven't played NMS since the last big update but VR sounds like a lot of fun.

Some employees have no idea what they're talking about and some just make up stuff to try to meet their quotas. I wouldn't be surprised if some employees have said that.

Ugh so there was a leak info about lion king / Aladdin remakes and they're supposed to be up for preorder today. I wanna go get a game and do that preorder but they aren't on the site anywhere. Or the app.

Anyone ever find that something is available in store for preorder but not the site? I don't wanna go twice.

Ugh so there was a leak info about lion king / Aladdin remakes and they're supposed to be up for preorder today. I wanna go get a game and do that preorder but they aren't on the site anywhere. Or the app.

Anyone ever find that something is available in store for preorder but not the site? I don't wanna go twice.
You could just preorder from Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=Disney+Classic+Games&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

lol

"Enjoy the updated visual effects that include 1080p graphics and enhancements for HDTV"

...with a snazzy 480p box of the game in the center!

GameStop Rewards Certs didn’t work today on eBay or Amazon Gift Cards. Worked on the hulu $25 though
Can confirm today that certificates worked on $25 Amazon. Used a $10 and $15. I was at a different store than yesterday. I think the employee at the first store forgot to press something on their end and just told me it didn’t work.

Some employees have no idea what they're talking about and some just make up stuff to try to meet their quotas. I wouldn't be surprised if some employees have said that.
Somewhat related but back in 2005 they most certainly said Lifetime Warranties as a company policy and were even printed on the receipts. I should challenge them and try to return Ninja Gaiden or something and point out the wording.

Someone just used 11500 of my points on a Google Play card, you'd think they would find a way to stop this by now.

[attachment=32675:Capture.PNG]

Wow, guess those surveys might actually work. Just noticed the one that I normally go to finally got prestige for the first time. Another one 25 minutes away also got it too. The only thing I can see between the two that got them prestige status is that they both get a high level of trade-ins.

If they're telling you that, they're lying. GPG are for one year, especially since the sticker that prints up tells what date the warranty expires on. They used to offer 2 year warranties on used systems, but can't find anything on that anymore.

Also just noticed that the supposed "price drop" on Wii U consoles seems to have ended, as they're back up to $109.99 again.
They offer 1 year warranties on accessories & systems, & 2 years on systems. Yes the GPG’s are just for 1 year, & are the only protection GS sells that covers physical damage.

Did they say what versions would be included? You'd think they'd include both.
https://gematsu.com/2019/08/disney-classic-games-aladdin-and-the-lion-king-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King includes the Sega Genesis, Game Boy, and Super Game Boy versions of Virgin Games’ Aladdin and The Lion King, as well as the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version of The Lion King.
The SNES version of Aladdin isn't included because Capcom developed it.

Starting to get paranoid, might use my points towards a PSN card and call it a day.
Had to wait on hold for 50 minutes but got my points back and they gave me an extra 500 points. They had me change my email and password. the google card is still in my locker but don't know what to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back