2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The store I shop at got Suikoden 3-5 CIB end of August but I bought them before they were shipped to corporate.
I salute you for saving those discs.

I remember when GS started taking in and selling retro games and everyone said they were gonna drive up prices due to their mark ups... and they did but not because of their mark ups. They drove up prices because of the plastic genocide happening to disc based games that get sent to their warehouse to refurbished by their machines, leaving fewer playable discs in the wild.

God I'm so frustrated with this company. I ordered 2 Just Cause 4 Gold Editions to get the free shipping and hoping I'd get a sealed copy...got my order today and both are opened, one in a sealed plastic bag and the other completely open with disc falling out and the Gold DLC missing. Obviously want to return them both, except I paid $20 for each but they're listed on the packing receipt for $15 each...wtf? Not sure what they're going to say about that tomorrow. Not only that, but I am STILL missing like a third of my order from the $5 figure sale, the items of which are supposedly preparing for shipping, which they have been for weeks at this point. Checked my CC balance and I was charged half the bill for the items I received a week ago, and just got hit with the other half today, despite having over half the order already? I'm super confused and I cannot seem to get anyone to pick up at CS. Idk wtf is going on with this website and shipping but it's the worst I've ever seen from a company. Just had to get out the rage, sorry.

I salute you for saving those discs.

I remember when GS started taking in and selling retro games and everyone said they were gonna drive up prices due to their mark ups... and they did but not because of their mark ups. They drove up prices because of the plastic genocide happening to disc based games that get sent to their warehouse to refurbished by their machines, leaving fewer playable discs in the wild.
They've REALLY driven up the value of complete titles, especially for the handheld systems. I wonder what percentage of, say, all DS games have been through a Gamestop at some point and, consequently, been stripped naked of its case and instructions.

They've REALLY driven up the value of complete titles, especially for the handheld systems. I wonder what percentage of, say, all DS games have been through a Gamestop at some point and, consequently, been stripped naked of its case and instructions.
[emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is why I don’t understand how they are going to become a retro focused store. Collectors want CIB and its getting more and more inconvenient to actually play the older systems on newer tvs for buyers just wanting to play.

I still have my coleco, nes, snes, genesis, n64, etc (all working in great condition) but it’s so much more convenient (hdmi/save states) to just use the switch, nes/snes classic, psclassic, retropie, or pc (and in some cases (n64) looks and plays much better)

The system won’t allow it or is that just what you’re suggesting?
that I don't know for sure, I just know it had been reported here a few times and I have also been told by employees that you couldn't renew until it was expired. maybe they just meant you'd lose elite status?

GS sent me a gift card for a game that they say I didn’t pickup from my Labor Day orders. Even though I picked it up that day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I waited on hold this morning for over an hour to try to get my credit back from an order that was cancelled.  I checked the balance after the call and before, it was $3 something.  The guy on the customer service line says there's 47 on the card.  I go into a store and ask them to check the balance, it's $3.  

What do I have to say to get my credit back?  I have the order # of the cancelled order.  It's like they don't want to help me.  

I waited on hold this morning for over an hour to try to get my credit back from an order that was cancelled. I checked the balance after the call and before, it was $3 something. The guy on the customer service line says there's 47 on the card. I go into a store and ask them to check the balance, it's $3.

What do I have to say to get my credit back? I have the order # of the cancelled order. It's like they don't want to help me.
When did the order get cancelled? Might take 48 hours to come back if they are seeing it on their end when you called. Or more likely you got a crappy CS rep

I never got into retro game collecting(console), as it's expensive and games look horrible on my 40in tv.

I now just stick to PC emulation for older titles, since older system don't output via hdmi. With emulation you can raise resolution,msaa,filters and so much more.

I'll give you an example, played Day of Reckoning 2 on my wii u via hdmi. It looks a bit blurry and pixelated. Used Dolphin emulator and raised resolution, it looked nice and sharp,it looked modern.

In a weird way it looked like how I remembered it on an old CRT. It looked sharp/clean, compared to blurry.

It's been over a week. I tried putting in a support ticket from their website, but they have never followed up.
I've heard of people having luck having an employee in store call customer service for you. They used to have a different line for in store support. Might be easier for you, but gotta get lucky with a helpful employee in store.

It's been over a week. I tried putting in a support ticket from their website, but they have never followed up.
I had this exact problem when they cancelled an in-store pickup order that I had originally placed online.

It was resolved when I emailed thru the Gamestop app contact section. Forward your cancellation email with a brief explanation to [email protected]

They have to remove the authorization that was placed on the gift card for the already-cancelled order. The authorization is the reason why you see $3 when you check the balance, but the CSR thru the phone sees the complete usable balance.

I had this exact problem when they cancelled an in-store pickup order that I had originally placed online.

It was resolved when I emailed thru the Gamestop app contact section. Forward your cancellation email with a brief explanation to [email protected]

They have to remove the authorization that was placed on the gift card for the already-cancelled order. The authorization is the reason why you see $3 when you check the balance, but the CSR thru the phone sees the complete usable balance.
Thanks, I'll give this a try.

This is why I don’t understand how they are going to become a retro focused store. Collectors want CIB and its getting more and more inconvenient to actually play the older systems on newer tvs for buyers just wanting to play.
I still have my coleco, nes, snes, genesis, n64, etc (all working in great condition) but it’s so much more convenient (hdmi/save states) to just use the switch, nes/snes classic, psclassic, retropie, or pc (and in some cases (n64) looks and plays much better)
Absolutely agree. Retro/old gen gamers wtypically want CIB so Gamestop is pretty much miles behind already here.

On this topic, when it comes to getting older games, I've drawn the line at PS2 (e.g., GCN, XBOG). I just can't go back to games much older because I find the vast majority of them barely playable (exception of course to the classic 2-D games on nes and snes).

I can't watch older movies, and it seems to be the same thing with playing older games. I purchased twisted metal on the PS4 recently and realized how horrible it was in comparison to newer games. I say that, but I can still load Chip and Dale on the NES and enjoy playing that. 

Absolutely agree. Retro/old gen gamers wtypically want CIB so Gamestop is pretty much miles behind already here.

On this topic, when it comes to getting older games, I've drawn the line at PS2 (e.g., GCN, XBOG). I just can't go back to games much older because I find the vast majority of them barely playable (exception of course to the classic 2-D games on nes and snes).
I think it's funny how a relatively small shop like eStarland is capable of catering to old school games by factoring in whether or not a box/case and manual are included during trade-ins and during sales and yet, GS can't even distinguish between sending me a copy of a game vs the demo disc for said game.

I can't watch older movies, and it seems to be the same thing with playing older games. I purchased twisted metal on the PS4 recently and realized how horrible it was in comparison to newer games. I say that, but I can still load Chip and Dale on the NES and enjoy playing that.
2D games hold up much better than early 3D games. It's why so many PS1 games will hold up better than N64.

Been out of the game for a while, but I figured I would pass this along:

If you cashed out GS credit for a giftcard, you may want to check the balance. I have a $200 ebay GC that I went to use and it shows a $0 balance on the ebay giftcard balance page. Called ebay and they said in their system it shows $200, but the card was "frozen". To get it usable they need a handwritten note, photographed with the back of the card and the purchase receipt.

Not sure if it is only ebay GCs that are the problem or if it applies to others as well.

Been out of the game for a while, but I figured I would pass this along:

If you cashed out GS credit for a giftcard, you may want to check the balance. I have a $200 ebay GC that I went to use and it shows a $0 balance on the ebay giftcard balance page. Called ebay and they said in their system it shows $200, but the card was "frozen". To get it usable they need a handwritten note, photographed with the back of the card and the purchase receipt.

Not sure if it is only ebay GCs that are the problem or if it applies to others as well.
I checked my Kohls card and balance is all there, so it doesn't seem to be affected.

The website banner for 20% extra trade in now shows ghost recon and fifa, but they are not listed if you click on it. Mostly likely going active tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back