2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been out of the game for a while, but I figured I would pass this along:

If you cashed out GS credit for a giftcard, you may want to check the balance. I have a $200 ebay GC that I went to use and it shows a $0 balance on the ebay giftcard balance page. Called ebay and they said in their system it shows $200, but the card was "frozen". To get it usable they need a handwritten note, photographed with the back of the card and the purchase receipt.

Not sure if it is only ebay GCs that are the problem or if it applies to others as well.
When did you purchase your eBay gift card? I thought they killed off using GS credit to buy eBay gift cards years ago.

I wonder if I should spend the $70 to upgrade my Switch I got on Facebook Marketplace to the newer model? I’m not sure how much I’ll ever play it undocked though. Are there any other internal upgrades in it other than the battery life?

I wonder if I should spend the $70 to upgrade my Switch I got on Facebook Marketplace to the newer model? I’m not sure how much I’ll ever play it undocked though. Are there any other internal upgrades in it other than the battery life?
Just battery life. I have seen video of some of the newer systems screens color being off. Not sure if that's a lottery situation or something to expect with all new models

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

it’s nearly double battery. In FE I get like 5 hours +. I’d say it is for $70

Apparently someone bought a $3 xbox card with my points, either that or the site glitched and it gave me an xbox card.
There is a recent rumor of people's "rewards" accounts being compromised during the recent website changes. I am one for instance. Apparently i got a $5 of preowned coupon with no way of using it. (or it was a part of the compromise).

I’m curious how you can upgrade for $70? (Because I would like to too if it’s possible). The switch TIV is $175 unless I’m missing something.

Also, the new Switch is nice but not a huge difference. If you’re mainly playing docked, the biggest improvements are new the Joy-Con and the chip is better so it won’t overheat as easily. Plus a new warranty.

Battery life is mostly a biproduct if a more efficient CPU chipset. This increase in efficiency also reduces internal heat.

The screen is brighter and truer color, measured with a brightness/color meter, if that matters to you also.

I use my Switch a lot, I found it to be worth it after sinking hundreds and hundreds of hours into it. So, the battery is definitely better, unit is much quieter, and now I have a fresh warranty (along with a new set of joy-cons).

I use my Switch a lot, I found it to be worth it after sinking hundreds and hundreds of hours into it. So, the battery is definitely better, unit is much quieter, and now I have a fresh warranty (along with a new set of joy-cons).
Your switch makes noise? Or the speakers aren't as loud?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tried to trade back my copy of BL3 and was told the code expired. Employee tried to say it is 48 hours from opening on Friday. They still had the advertisement that states it expires today, which means through closing. Guess I’ll be calling customer service and then going back tomorrow when the manager is working.

Tried to trade back my copy of BL3 and was told the code expired. Employee tried to say it is 48 hours from opening on Friday. They still had the advertisement that states it expires today, which means through closing. Guess I’ll be calling customer service and then going back tomorrow when the manager is working.
I would try a different store today if you can. Definitely valid through end of day today

I traded in NBA last Sunday in the afternoon I just think the associate was lazy to try or didn’t know how.

Tried to trade back my copy of BL3 and was told the code expired. Employee tried to say it is 48 hours from opening on Friday..
[attachment=32752:08E6ED73-D979-411A-B4C0-91BA66353D63.jpeg]

Go to another store today if possible.

When did you purchase your eBay gift card? I thought they killed off using GS credit to buy eBay gift cards years ago.
3 years ago. Luckily I still have the receipt. I think my only other GC from those days is a southwest airlines card. I'll have to test that one later.

Employee calls me and says oh, someone just successfully traded it back so it’s still active. I’m like no shit. The code I have is the same exact one that’s been posted here. And now I can’t get back to the store. Ugh.

Keep it and hack it. You get more of your switch this way.

If you don't care about that then I can tell you about the new one since I got two different switches. The new one feels heavier when it has the new joycons attached. These also feel more click-y and not as cheap in the hand. Battery life is amazing, not nearly doubling but clearly outlasting my other unit. The only thing I hate is that off all the switch I've owned (around 5),this one has a warm screen. It's very noticeable and f***s with my head since I'm used to the cool screen. It might be good for late gaming on the bed, since warm colors are better for late hours.

Employee calls me and says oh, someone just successfully traded it back so it’s still active. I’m like no shit. The code I have is the same exact one that’s been posted here. And now I can’t get back to the store. Ugh.
Tell the SL tomorrow and have them call the employee to verify. You got f'd over. They will make it right if it means you don't call customer service about your terrible in-store experience.

Tellgamestop dot com & ask to be called by DM, demand your $59.99 credit trade.

I got screwed over but not by the employee. Seems like the issue is that because it didn’t print out on the receipt, the offer isn’t linked to my account. So I’m hoping the manager just changes the trade value and let’s me do it tomorrow. The manager is the one that did the transaction Friday and got me the code.

Noticed a somewhat decent active offer added: "Save $15 off Switch Zelda holiday accessory bundle". They're currently $29.97 in stores.

Noticed a somewhat decent active offer added: "Save $15 off Switch Zelda holiday accessory bundle". They're currently $29.97 in stores.
I saw that yesterday but remembered someone saying these coupons are taken off the regular price, so it would be $15 off $40 making it really only an additional $5 off. Maybe things have changed though.

What's to stop someone from returning and rebuying the used copy later?

Edit: Probably wouldn't make sense, especially if you have to pay sales tax (twice).
Makes plenty sense

Sales tax is minimal at best

Use trade promo to get boosts towards game, trade game for full value, buy with elite pro and stack a Preowned certificate on top of it

3x points for trading towards and buying game, trading game, and rebuying game

3 years ago. Luckily I still have the receipt. I think my only other GC from those days is a southwest airlines card. I'll have to test that one later.
Yeah I'm guessing it had more to do with the card being dormant than anything to do with Gamestop. Especially with as shady as Ebay is, they probably have it in their agreement that any gift card not used in 90 days becomes "inactive" and you have to jump through hoops to reactivate, or something similar.

Absolutely agree. Retro/old gen gamers wtypically want CIB so Gamestop is pretty much miles behind already here.

On this topic, when it comes to getting older games, I've drawn the line at PS2 (e.g., GCN, XBOG). I just can't go back to games much older because I find the vast majority of them barely playable (exception of course to the classic 2-D games on nes and snes).
Depends on how retro we are talking. Yes for CD based games, collectors want the case and manual usually, but for most disc based games, thats only a couple extra dollars. And you can usually find an extra case/manual on ebay for fairly cheap. But, for cartridge games, no, most collectors don't go for CIB. They are nice to have, but they are usually way too pricey.

I ordered something for in-store pickup using the thinkgeek points certificate I got, and the order got canceled. Now it says coupon code already used. awesome.

I ordered something for in-store pickup using the thinkgeek points certificate I got, and the order got canceled. Now it says coupon code already used. awesome.
The ThinkGeek points code only worked for maybe the first 2 weeks, then it just flat out stopped working and they started sending out "new" codes that didn't actually do anything, if they bothered to respond at all.

Been out of the game for a while, but I figured I would pass this along:

If you cashed out GS credit for a giftcard, you may want to check the balance. I have a $200 ebay GC that I went to use and it shows a $0 balance on the ebay giftcard balance page. Called ebay and they said in their system it shows $200, but the card was "frozen". To get it usable they need a handwritten note, photographed with the back of the card and the purchase receipt.

Not sure if it is only ebay GCs that are the problem or if it applies to others as well.
Most of us don't wait 3 years to use a $200 gift card?

The ThinkGeek points code only worked for maybe the first 2 weeks, then it just flat out stopped working and they started sending out "new" codes that didn't actually do anything, if they bothered to respond at all.
It "worked" yesterday, as in showed the discount. But now it's gone for good. Going to have to call CS about this since I technically lost the code due to a cancellation.

Has anyone made a list of best games with the 4 for $20 or should I just wait to see what’s gonna be going on with the pro days sale?

I’m curious how you can upgrade for $70? (Because I would like to too if it’s possible). The switch TIV is $175 unless I’m missing something.

Also, the new Switch is nice but not a huge difference. If you’re mainly playing docked, the biggest improvements are new the Joy-Con and the chip is better so it won’t overheat as easily. Plus a new warranty.
Ditto on this - how are you only paying $70 to make the jump? I'm leaning strongly towards doing the same if I can get at least $200 out of my OG Switch.

Yeah I'm guessing it had more to do with the card being dormant than anything to do with Gamestop. Especially with as shady as Ebay is, they probably have it in their agreement that any gift card not used in 90 days becomes "inactive" and you have to jump through hoops to reactivate, or something similar.
Speaking of this. I found some trade credit cards and gift cards in an old wallet when I was cleaning. They all said invalid so I tried calling up. I talked to someone, had to read them off the codes, the person checked the codes and said they all had zero balance - that seems weird to me that I would've kept zero balance ones in my wallet.

The trade in's were from 2012 and the gift cards were paypal gift cards from end of 2015.

I just hope the person actually checked the cards and didn't just say zero balance because they didn't want to bother looking them up.

Speaking of this. I found some trade credit cards and gift cards in an old wallet when I was cleaning. They all said invalid so I tried calling up. I talked to someone, had to read them off the codes, the person checked the codes and said they all had zero balance - that seems weird to me that I would've kept zero balance ones in my wallet.

The trade in's were from 2012 and the gift cards were paypal gift cards from end of 2015.

I just hope the person actually checked the cards and didn't just say zero balance because they didn't want to bother looking them up.
Did you ever use the "You've got lost credit" website? Maybe they got wiped.

The point is that no one (at least that I'm aware of) got their credit back from that link.
I and a friend used it once long ago and while she got all her credit back (some she didn't even know she had), I ended up losing some. It was weird as hell the way it worked.

I had this exact problem when they cancelled an in-store pickup order that I had originally placed online.

It was resolved when I emailed thru the Gamestop app contact section. Forward your cancellation email with a brief explanation to [email protected]

They have to remove the authorization that was placed on the gift card for the already-cancelled order. The authorization is the reason why you see $3 when you check the balance, but the CSR thru the phone sees the complete usable balance.
Thanks for the tip, this worked. I don't know why asking for help through the app is different than asking through the website, but apparently it is.

The point is that no one (at least that I'm aware of) got their credit back from that link.
That link gets posted here at least twice a year. Don't know if it's a prank or people really don't know what it does. For me, it messed up my account. I can't see how much credit I have on my card at all. A manager at my home store was nice enough to give me the amount I lost, but no amount of calls to cs fixed the glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back