2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an interesting glitch. The guarantee stands apart from trade ins though, so they should have found a way to take it in. But probably no one there is authorized to take it back in the manner it should have been.
They processed mine as a trade in as well. They even took my ID and fingerprint scan.

That frick on YouTube does not read this random-ass thread. This frack has too much time on his hands.

But at least we're staying interesting around here, for once.

Well, I already regret that.

Yep, you got me. I'm totally that guy. I've been hiding in plain sight. All part of my 15-year plan. I've successfully infiltrated this publicly viewable thread and community, gotten their trust, and I steal all that info for YouTube. What gave me away?

I actually don't think this is Cheapest... but maybe it is? Really hard to tell. Fits the profile, but lying about working there is another step for him.

Store canceled my pickup, paid online after a week (my fault), do they refund back your GS credit or did I lose out on the credit?
I was actually mailed a new trade credit card for the amount I returned. It came less than a week after cancellation too. Scared me that GS turned efficient on me since I was expecting an hour long customer service call to get it back.

How long do I have to return a console warranty? Also, is it possible to do if I no longer have the receipt? (I have a digital scan but not the physical receipt).

Kinda dumb but I’m realizing you really don’t need two Switch’s and will probably offload the Lite.

Just a reminder that if you have a $10 cert from buying the Mana Collection it expires today. The cert says sept 30 but the fine print says it expires 10/1/2019. At least mine did

So was going to use B2G1 on both digimon cyber seluth games.Couldn't find a third game.

Total would have been around $40.

Just ended up buying both for $27 on ebay, a bit cheaper.

B2G1 is really only worth for new releases, as gamestop hardly lowers prices.

Also forgot I got $12 ebay bucks, so really only $15 for both!

How long do I have to return a console warranty? Also, is it possible to do if I no longer have the receipt? (I have a digital scan but not the physical receipt).

Kinda dumb but I’m realizing you really don’t need two Switch’s and will probably offload the Lite.
A console warranty? That can't be returned, what you could say is that the console is defective and you want a full refund and they should at least be able to give you your cash back but it depends on how cool you are with the manager.

Well, after a month PayPal gave me my money back after that entire glitch that happened. Still had my credit, plus a few $10 off codes, used it to get a pro controller for $60 and a case for about $3, all paid with credit. Went to buy Katamari on Switch today, used the coupon with no issue and used my gift card, selected pick-up in store, then randomly had my order cancelled. Very odd to me. Thinking the $10 coupon is no longer active or something, but judging by this my credit won't be refunded for a bit, so I'll likely miss out on this deal.

After a month and a half of dealing with terrible customer service, being put on hold for a total of 10 hours, having the customer service close on me without picking up the phone, having to contact PayPal online, trying to recontact GameStop via phone to no avail, and then having GameStop email me back after 2 weeks, I'm glad to be done.Never have to go back to GameStop ever again in my life after this all.

One of the worst customer experiences I've ever had. Never going back. Local store is pretty terrible. The store a town or two over is mediocre at best. Walking into a game store and being watched by the eyes of ten thousand plushies and funko pops is nightmare fuel at this point. Being attacked by a thousand colors and brands and characters all at once... it's a miracle anyone survived without going insane.

I wonder if Ghostbusters Remastered will be hard to find at launch. I have a feeling they will overprint it to cash in on people looking for horror/paranormal type games around Halloween. I grabbed two switch copies just in case.

You should have it by now--I noticed it on my account yesterday. It was really swell of Gamestop to give the cert a 10/5 expiration date. :roll:
thanks for posting that, I looked at mine, wth, it was my understanding it wasnt even supposed to show up yet, I bet they did it like that so many people would miss it totally, once again, shame on gs

I had waited and waited to use my renewal b2g1, and almost jumped on the Diablo 3 Switch version for $35 with 2 others, and decided to wait til Sunday, which was my  last day to use it, and boy was that a mistake as basically nothing I wanted was on sale, and I don't buy PS4 used at $55, and there weren't enough new switch games that I didn't already have.

I ended up using it on Collection of Mana, Lapis X Labrynth PS4, and Fishing Resort Wii.   I'm trying to flip the Fishing resort for something better, like Trine 1-3 but no used games in my area yet. 

So now we have Deals of the Day apparently on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Online only.

Red Dead Redemption 2 -  $34.99 new.

Monopoly Overwatch -  $19.99

Megaman X Buster prop - $49.99

Expires 13 hours and 45 minutes from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back