2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm buying COD MW, was going for digital.

Am I better off buying physical to get $10 gamestop cert?

$60 digital vs $66 after taxes physical. Not sure it's worth it for $4?

buy physical at gamestop, pre order to get the $10 rewards cash

play for 48 hours, make sure you actually like it

trade back into gamestop, using guaranteed to love it program and get back $59.99 on trade card

use trade card to buy $60 psn/xbox credit, hopefully $10 rewards is in account by then

get game digitally

you'll get the $10, the points, the gamestop exclusive pre order bonus, and let someone else buy the preowned copy at a deep discount a bit later

I just noticed that most of the top tier Switch games have $35 base trade value instead of just the recent culprits (SSBU, MK8, NSMBU)

Zelda: Link's Awakening

Smash Bros

MK8

Mario Maker 2

Fire Emblem

NSMBU Deluxe

MUA 3

Super Mario Party

Zelda: BOTW

Yoshi's Crafted World

And I'm hoping the cert is still in effect since it's not mentioned in the ad.

Edit: Nvmd...it's still being advertised online. Gonna pre-order tomorrow.

I just noticed that most of the top tier Switch games have $35 base trade value instead of just the recent culprits (SSBU, MK8, NSMBU)

Zelda: Link's Awakening
Smash Bros
MK8
Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem
NSMBU Deluxe
MUA 3
Super Mario Party
Zelda: BOTW
Yoshi's Crafted World
Definitely an increase. I’ve had a saved MUA3 trade in my app and it’s been 30 or 33 for at least two weeks.

I'd trade in MUA3 for $35 but the problem is I don't know what I'd do with the credit since it no longer works on gift cards and GS overprices everything.

Not much of a flip, but for anyone who plans to pick up WWE 2K20 the $15 for 2K19 can net you a few bucks since it's currently $12 at Best Buy, even cheaper if you are lucky enough to still have GCU. 

Just the start of a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kJc9IXTNsDRVKEd97vYjxsd88cbVmbctc4AZg4KL4wQ/edit?usp=sharing

Nothing that results in profit without a B2G1 so far will have to run it all the way through.

Some interest things in my current results 8.15 or 8.16 had 300+ bumps 9.13 had 220+ and this month it is 200+. Are they decreasing the amount till Black Friday and Christmas and no Wii 360 PS3 games are in it.

There were also some drops.

Starting to think spreadsheets are a massive waste of time unless a B2G1 sale occurs. I don't see enough profit to justify the time needed to run the program through.

Ya I think I am done.

I wasted 16 hours making a god damn program that takes forever to load got me banned from Gamestop.com forcing me to switch IP addresses thrice. Jesus what am I doing with my free time.

Ya I am done I apologize to anyone who wanted the return of the spreadsheets I am a amateur coder who is sick and tired of waiting for my god damn program to finish running only to have 20-40+ errors.

Just the start of a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kJc9IXTNsDRVKEd97vYjxsd88cbVmbctc4AZg4KL4wQ/edit?usp=sharing

Nothing that results in profit without a B2G1 so far will have to run it all the way through.

Some interest things in my current results 8.15 or 8.16 had 300+ bumps 9.13 had 220+ and this month it is 200+. Are they decreasing the amount till Black Friday and Christmas and no Wii 360 PS3 games are in it.

There were also some drops.

Starting to think spreadsheets are a massive waste of time unless a B2G1 sale occurs. I don't see enough profit to justify the time needed to run the program through.

Ya I think I am done.

I wasted 16 hours making a god damn program that takes forever to load got me banned from Gamestop.com forcing me to switch IP addresses thrice. Jesus what am I doing with my free time.

Ya I am done I apologize to anyone who wanted the return of the spreadsheets I am a amateur coder who is sick and tired of waiting for my god damn program to finish running only to have 20-40+ errors.
thank you for all the effort. you ever go to pricecharting.com ? he pulls gamestop prices down somehow. He's a nice guy, he might tell you if you ask him, or, he sells his price guides also, which include gamestop prices. So for the couple bucks you could get the prices that way I think.

thank you for all the effort. you ever go to pricecharting.com ? he pulls gamestop prices down somehow. He's a nice guy, he might tell you if you ask him, or, he sells his price guides also, which include gamestop prices. So for the couple bucks you could get the prices that way I think.
Sorry I just don't see the point of continuing I may make a list of which games get stealth bumped so if a B2G1 occurs you might have a good idea of what to get but I don't think it is worth the risk of them not being increased later.

There are a couple of boomerangs Tomodachi Life for example if you can buy a Nintendo Select copy for $19.99 trades in with Elite for $21.60 or something like that,

Sorry I just don't see the point of continuing I may make a list of which games get stealth bumped so if a B2G1 occurs you might have a good idea of what to get but I don't think it is worth the risk of them not being increased later.

There are a couple of boomerangs Tomodachi Life for example if you can buy a Nintendo Select copy for $19.99 trades in with Elite for $21.60 or something like that,
Thanks for the effort. Actually I keep a set of sheets so if you don't want to do it anymore I can share mine. I don't update it too fast though. ie can't do it while at work on Friday. Like you've said there hasn't been anything too great lately. I was actually out of the game until those switch games got bumped to crazy levels a few months ago.

Since I am no longer updating spreadsheets I might as well share some good methods to gather values, Python coding a webscraper, using a web scraper, crawler and Google Sheets.

Example of how to make a spreadsheet the necessary code to make it work is included the values will gather themselves

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MrapLKkCVl-KLq9yfAi5NVcZjgRyGmoO8EYDv_3b3Bs/edit#gid=0

You can use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-scraper/jnhgnonknehpejjnehehllkliplmbmhn to gather prices problem is half the time it will take new prices or sometimes digital you can also use another method.

I was saving up my rewards points to redeem for a $10 off pre-owned certificate. Now I finally have enough and it's not there. Does it normally disappear and come back? Two $5 certs would cost the same but can't be combined :wall:

I was saving up my rewards points to redeem for a $10 off pre-owned certificate. Now I finally have enough and it's not there. Does it normally disappear and come back? Two $5 certs would cost the same but can't be combined :wall:
Did you check both the app and the website?

I was planning this recently with a $25 certificate, and the highest reward the app showed me was the $25 pre-owned cert. After I completed my purchase without it, I checked the website and it still shows what I was looking for.

However, I also do not see the $10 pre-owned cert on the site right now.

Is it possible to trade in an xbox one s towards a xbox one x to get the trade in promo then return it and use it towards a PS4 preorder?

Is it possible to trade in an xbox one s towards a xbox one x to get the trade in promo then return it and use it towards a PS4 preorder?
Sure. I'd highly recommend getting a gift receipt for the XBOX One X to make the process smoother and not appear as if you are trying to pull a fast one.

Sure. I'd highly recommend getting a gift receipt for the XBOX One X to make the process smoother and not appear as if you are trying to pull a fast one.
I already have the Death Stranding console preordered so I might just bring in my old PS4 Pro at the same time. Will probably trade in at a different store from where I have the preorder.

Going to get modern warfare digital, going to be hard for me to go pick it up physically.

I've also heard install size is like 60gb+, so rather preload instead of waiting hours to download patch.

Also get to play at 9 pm Thursday, instead of next day.

Just checked download size and it's big...

55gb + 15gb patch and couple other 10gb+ parts, so closer to 100gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back