2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate prestige stores. They don't leave you alone and let you shop, they follow you around and can't stop making recommendations and trying to tell you what to do. They also have annoying fake personalities where they act too nice and it's creepy. In the regular stores they just ask you once if you need help and leave you the fuck alone. Prestige stores can't shut up and their service is worse than regular stores because they aggressively harass you about preorders, surveys, bringing in trade ins, etc. more than the regular stores as well. They even have the balls to try to get you to renew your PUR which still has a year left. And yes, it is harassment because you can basically tell them to fuck off (just in a nicer way) and they refuse to do so. I just want to trade in some crappy old games and browse the game section for something I want. I don't need help doing that. Either I unknowingly ran into GSDave's district and his "good" service or this is a problem among prestige stores in general. It honestly felt like I was dealing with him when dealing with the employees.
Leave them a bad survey for it.

Does a paid in full preorder require a pre-ring?
Yes

I hate prestige stores. They don't leave you alone and let you shop, they follow you around and can't stop making recommendations and trying to tell you what to do. They also have annoying fake personalities where they act too nice and it's creepy. In the regular stores they just ask you once if you need help and leave you the fuck alone. Prestige stores can't shut up and their service is worse than regular stores because they aggressively harass you about preorders, surveys, bringing in trade ins, etc. more than the regular stores as well. They even have the balls to try to get you to renew your PUR which still has a year left. And yes, it is harassment because you can basically tell them to fuck off (just in a nicer way) and they refuse to do so. I just want to trade in some crappy old games and browse the game section for something I want. I don't need help doing that. Either I unknowingly ran into GSDave's district and his "good" service or this is a problem among prestige stores in general. It honestly felt like I was dealing with him when dealing with the employees.
I have one store in my area that's like this and it's not even prestige. The employees will just stand next to you while you're looking at games and ask all sorts of questions even when I tell them I don't need any help and I'm just looking a dozen times. It's very unusual and makes me want to leave.

I just got a reply for an email I sent Gamestop almost two months ago. They said they had a higher than usual amount of emails. But two months?

Do you just randomly accuse any new member of being him despite me having nothing in common with him? If you don't like me, it's fine. But there's no way in hell I appreciate being confused with someone who works at a retail store and then whores himself out online to "promote" a company that doesn't give two shits about him. I work at and OWN my own bailbonds company in California. My name is Fred, not Dave.
You seem to know an awful lot about him there Fred.

The majority of views this thread gets is from lurkers with a few active contributors. Once upon a time this forum required people to register to see the deals section and I wouldn't mind that to combat the leeches who contribute nothing to do this site but ruin flips because they are so reckless.
Because I've been lurking this forum for years and just decided to create an account. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
Sure, Fred

Yep I have a store like this it is mainly one guy too he would always tell me his life story as well as not leave me alone the dude even went as far to find my phone number through my pro card to call me at my house.

I reported the guy numerous times to his DM and now he is a manager at the store near my house.

Oh, man, you know what?

What?

Ah, you know... you know who I saw in the GameStop?

Nah, tell me.

I- I didn’t think anything of it, I’m- no, no, I did wonder what he was doing there. Wondered what he was doing there, but I thought it had nothing to do with us, like maybe he’s with his wife, or his girlfriend. It’s a big place, a lotta people-

Dave, Dave, Dave. You gonna tell me who you saw?

Yeah, Fred From California.

Fred Fr-?! *sigh*
You seen Fred From California in the GameStop- man, look at me when I’m talking to you!

What the fuck happened to you, man? Your ass used to be beautiful.

Yep I have a store like this it is mainly one guy too he would always tell me his life story as well as not leave me alone the dude even went as far to find my phone number through my pro card to call me at my house.

I reported the guy numerous times to his DM and now he is a manager at the store near my house.
They probably promoted him for showing great initiative.

Post reviews on the store’s google listing, and Yelp/Facebook/Trip Advisor if they have anything other than Google and specifically mention that and the managers name. They need to know that’s not cool.

Heck go into the store and buy something dirt cheap and do the survey, and say that in the review lol

Don't let them get to you. Well assuming the employee at my local GameStop was not lying or incorrect next week will be very interesting.

No. You have less options though.
Ah I see, no $10 pre owned coupon . Bummer!

They also raised used Xbox One from $159 to $179, probablt means their BF sale will be $150 instead of $130 like during Pro day. Hoping for $130 or less!

Post reviews on the store’s google listing, and Yelp/Facebook/Trip Advisor if they have anything other than Google and specifically mention that and the managers name. They need to know that’s not cool.

Heck go into the store and buy something dirt cheap and do the survey, and say that in the review lol
Thanks for the idea! will definitely do this. We had to get new phones because of it. I spoke directly to the DM and yea he said he would "Look into it" funny thing after the incident I was somehow trade banned.... imagine that! I thankfully have a few friends at some of the other stores so I an still get the exclusive stuff.

Oh, trust me. It happens every week where I have to bail out someone who made a crappy mistake and now has a criminal record. I've been a bailbondsman for 46 years and a cop before that for 4 or 5 years. So I think I've seen it all.
The 70 year old CAG Newbie. Now I'VE seen it all

My $10 reward certificate glitched today. I've used it 9 times already on amiibo and funko's.

Edit: I redeemed 10,000 points today and the cert. is still in my active offers.

Traded in Far Cry 5 today and got $14 on PS4 somehow. App says only $4 and it sells for 19.99 used. Bought at a pawn show for $6 lol whatever I'll take it!

Correct. I've been lurking this site for 16 years so that isn't so far fetched. I used to talk about game deals on Usenet and then eventually moved on to Fatwallet, Slickdeals, CAG, etc.
You must have an enormous gaming collection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've been a licensed bail agent since 1970, after four years of law enforcement experience. You would have to look long and hard for a courthouse or jail in Southern California that Fred hasn’t done business in. Plus, in my many years of experience, Fred has handled almost every situation possible involving bail, therefore making a call to him a wise one.
Definitely stick with speaking in the third-person. It's your most amusing shtick yet.

Did anyone else not receive a G2L code for Modern Warfare during pre-ring? I did not receive the code for either version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back