2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spent the last couple hundred of my trade credit buying retro. been a good run flipping stuff. From now on though im probably just going to do scac days only, dont really see a point in credit with the low flips im getting from my pro account. Unless a 50-60% day hits. had a good run. got a free tv on flipageddon.. ahhh good times.

My Elite Pro finally runs out on Sunday so I was planning to renew my membership (as a regular Pro) on Monday but this new $5 coupon plan doesn't sound as appealing to me as I buy a ton of pre-owned games.

However, the website is currently showing that you get the $5 coupons starting in January 2020 and 10% off Pre-owned Games & Accessories - is this just an error on the website??

https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

[attachment=33115:Gamestop PUR.JPG]

Damn my GameStop said no early pickup for Death Stranding. For those who have done the G2L deal before when is the latest we can return the game? Is it Saturday or Sunday? Got both answers from different employees. Want to try and get a bit into the story and see if i will like it.

Damn my GameStop said no early pickup for Death Stranding. For those who have done the G2L deal before when is the latest we can return the game? Is it Saturday or Sunday? Got both answers from different employees. Want to try and get a bit into the story and see if i will like it.
End of day on Sunday.

Well crap. I was gonna trade in Control tomorrow for 24 (20 base w EP) and the 5 dollar bonus for 29. They just tanked the trade in to 15 base.

5 dollar "bonus" after 5 dollar drop. Gotta love Gamestop. At least Yakuza 0 kept it's value.
Yeah traded in Division 2 and Mario Rabbids earlier today. No surprise that both of those got nuked.

Just spent the last couple hundred of my trade credit buying retro. been a good run flipping stuff. From now on though im probably just going to do scac days only, dont really see a point in credit with the low flips im getting from my pro account. Unless a 50-60% day hits. had a good run. got a free tv on flipageddon.. ahhh good times.
So you were finally able to order online using trade credit? Every order I've tried with trade credit, gift card, or a combination has been automatically declined since Wednesday night.

Well crap. I was gonna trade in Control tomorrow for 24 (20 base w EP) and the 5 dollar bonus for 29. They just tanked the trade in to 15 base.

5 dollar "bonus" after 5 dollar drop. Gotta love Gamestop. At least Yakuza 0 kept it's value.
Gta V trade in value was 10 now 5 and Black Ops 4 was 12 now 8

So you were finally able to order online using trade credit? Every order I've tried with trade credit, gift card, or a combination has been automatically declined since Wednesday night.
Just trade card did not work for me but then i used my trade card and credit card and order went through

Yes I was, for the final purchase I added a ton of games but my trade credit didn't cover like $2, so I paid the remainder through a CC. Maybe thats why it actually worked.

CAG16 seems to be disabled for the Pro sale items :bomb: - still works on non-Pro items though

Getting transaction was declined when I applied TC online here also. This is BS, I have more than enough to cover the amount ordered.

Really sad that out of all the games I was going to trade, the one game that did was the base for BO4 (X1) dropping $5, cancelling out the bonus pretty much 😭

Is the used games of the pro games that are on sale also discounted like the division 2 or no?

Does anyone recall if Link's Awakening was higher than $30 base last stealth bump? thanks
It was not. Below were the bumped switch games.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Maker 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Super Mario Party
Yoshi's Crafted World

It was not. Below were the bumped switch games.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Maker 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Super Mario Party
Yoshi's Crafted World
Thank you very much, I had been keeping track but forgot to last bump.

I traded in some stuff this morning towards Luigi's Mansion 3.  Receipt has $5 promo and 20% as separate line items under each trade so seems like both applied?

For example, I got $47 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).  I'm assuming this is how it works out:
$35 base + $5 promo = $40
$35 base + 20% = $7
$40 + $7 = $47

I traded in some stuff this morning towards Luigi's Mansion 3. Receipt has $5 promo and 20% as separate line items under each trade so seems like both applied?

For example, I got $47 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch). I'm assuming this is how it works out:
$35 base + $5 promo = $40
$35 base + 20% = $7
$40 + $7 = $47

20% might be from your Elite Pro. Do you have it?
Oh I guess so. I renewed my membership earlier this week. I thought elite pro was an older plan that had been discontinued since it said Powerup Rewards Pro is 10% extra credit when I renewed.

I haven't traded anything to Gamestop in a long time so haven't been keeping up with the membership levels. I do see on my receipt it says "Rewards Status: Elite Pro" though.

For people with Elite Pro, does anyone know if the online preowned pro day prices work in store? For example, Resident Evil 2 is showing 18.39 online for me right now. Just wondering if they're gonna honor that price in store today.

Elite is discontinued. How did you renew it this week? Did you pay $15 or $30?
I renewed my membership online, selected PowerUp Rewards Pro. It was $15 - My CC shows $16.04 pending charge.

My account now shows

Elite Pro Account Expires:
11/06/2020

I was an elite pro member when I still had an active membership but it expired quite a while back. Maybe that's why it renewed that membership level? No idea

I renewed my membership online, selected PowerUp Rewards Pro. It was $15 - My CC shows $16.04 pending charge.

My account now shows

Elite Pro Account Expires:
11/06/2020

I was an elite pro member when I still had an active membership but it expired quite a while back. Maybe that's why it renewed that membership level? No idea
So you renewed after it had already expired?

Yeah, you're kind of making me second guess myself so I'll say I'm 99% sure it was expired :) I was also set up the receive the physical version of the magazine and haven't gotten one in a looooong time.
Mine's gonna expire later this month. I'll give it a try myself.

Well, that was confusing. I'll just chime in with my own experience since I renewed my Pro earlier this week too: in my PUR account, I was given 5000 "Bonus Points", which I'm assuming is the new limited-time $5 sign-up bonus for the new Pro membership since I haven't bought anything else in recent months.

That leads me to believe that people who signed up prior to today will be grandfathered into keeping the 10% discount until spring as well as getting the new $5 monthly certificates, just like the website suggests. Maybe it's not too late to get it for anyone still on the fence since the website still advertises it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back