2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what is going on with my Gamestop account? I tried to buy a few things the other day from the Pro Days Sale and no matter what form of payment I tried it was declined. Even PayPal wouldn't work. A few months ago my Gamestop account was compromised. They I have initially stole my reward points and then used my credit card that was tied to the account to make a $50 purchase. They eventually refunded the points and I had to get a replacement credit card. I no longer have a card tied to their online site but there is obviously something going on where no form of payment will work.
I tried Gift card, Paypal, and Credit cards.

Two different addresses on different devices.

With pure luck I apparently got one order to work. If I try to order something to the address that worked it gives me the beautiful declined message.

Hell I tried to renew my Pro membership during the pro day sale and it didn't work. Gamestop really doesn't want any of my $.

You'd think in this day and age Gamestop would have their shit together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh God this guy again. How many names do you have IATCG? Can’t be that bored with life that you come with BS all day and night. It’s like you are going for a ban a day. Do you even have a day job?

My discord group decided to be a bunch of immature a-holes and kick me out for some BS I didn't do, even after I gave them a ton of help. I have some really interesting information I'll be sharing with you all soon if the mods there don't respond to me.
This is getting pathetic IATCG. Go back to your Mother's basement and "play" with your hentai body pillows.

MEF5Alq.gif

Saw this in a discord I'm in thought I'd share cuz it seems useful to bypass the $2000 trade limit, only works in stores that don't verify your ID

It's very simple. Simply change your name on your account. Login on the website, click personal data and change your First or Last Name. Add a middle initial. Misspell it. For some unknown reason this gives you in Gamestop's mind an entire new account which is no longer trade banned, no longer has any $'s traded in towards your $2,000 limit or even a max of 4 copies traded in either. Once you are done flipping for the day simply change it back. Hit that $2,000 limit? Change it to something else and repeat the process. If you have Pre-Orders already on the account beware as this can cause issues with them and redeeming or picking them up. The old name simply goes to Player status and the new name keeps your Pro/Elite Pro status. Exceeding 4 different names on 1 account causes POS to crash basically as well.

I’m sure this is totally legit like the free xboxes you brag about getting from Gamestop even though you didn’t post on here until it was supposedly fixed.
Like the 50,000 points for buying a PS Classic this past weekend during Pro Day because according to Gamestop categories it is classified as a PS4. Oh right we wouldn't want anyone to know anything about that either. I mean its past Pro Day so its free game to discuss now, right?

*Grabs the Popcorn*

Can the B2G1 for renewing be used online?   Just wondering if the website is glitching or if it just can't be done.  Thanks in advance. 

Is the website a complete pile of shit for anyone else? I can't redeem my points because the verification code is never emailed to me and gift cards haven't worked as payment on the site for nearly a week. Credit card wouldn't even work today. I thought that maybe this company might be trying to avoid bankruptcy but idk

Is the website a complete pile of shit for anyone else? I can't redeem my points because the verification code is never emailed to me and gift cards haven't worked as payment on the site for nearly a week. Credit card wouldn't even work today. I thought that maybe this company might be trying to avoid bankruptcy but idk
You literally can't checkout on the site for at least a week now. Trade Credit no longer works on the site. I've basically given up on GS. There are far greener pastures now.

I'm glad it isn't just me, but my goodness I've never heard of an online store not take money for a week. And they're just okay with this? That's like a plumber saying, "you know what? I'm done with unclogging shit." Not a good long term plan for a plumber and neither is gamestop's plan of having a website clogged with shit

Same experience here, captain shitdick. I've been ragging on them on twitter with zero success...

https://mobile.twitter.com/LongpantsJohnny/status/1194267772999675905

I've also called the level 2 cs reps, and each time they acted like it was the first time they've heard it.

Might be time to get the snowflakes in the GS employee discord involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back