2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked to see which Switch flips would actually produce a profit, but (even with the +5) I'm not seeing it. The high dollar games like Mario Party/Odyssey/Kart will cost $110-ish with tax for all 3 using B2G1. But turning around and flipping all three will only net about $125. Accounting for gas and time, that just doesn't seem worth it.

I also looked at more coveted low-price games like Mario vs. Rabbids and Dead Cells, and the math doesn't work there either.

What am I missing?

I've looked to see which Switch flips would actually produce a profit, but (even with the +5) I'm not seeing it. The high dollar games like Mario Party/Odyssey/Kart will cost $110-ish with tax for all 3 using B2G1. But turning around and flipping all three will only net about $125. Accounting for gas and time, that just doesn't seem worth it.

I also looked at more coveted low-price games like Mario vs. Rabbids and Dead Cells, and the math doesn't work there either.

What am I missing?
With elite pro, cag16, and b2g1, 3 switch games should only cost you $75

What am I missing?
$79 for 3 (elite/cag16) to $125 plus 15% tcb

^^^ or $89 (after tax) for pro members and possibly referral money back

What am I missing?
I don’t particularly want this to become too public but:

If you’re going in store, it helps a lot to have a elite.

I really only wanted to buy 6 games at GS, but this b2g1 with elite was too good to pass up.
I brought 15 games including Mario kart 8 deluxe with 2 other AAA switch games, Control, BL3, RE2, days gone, bloodstained. Quite a lot of games were just buybacks I had traded in just a few weeks ago during stealth bump weekend.
I would have ordered online but the website was acting wonky and I didn’t want to lose my trade credit.
Regardless this was f’n fantastic! Kudos to all you CAGs- stay warm n safe!!

Anyone else’s account showing “No orders found”?
Yep, I was just coming to ask the same question, as I haven't used GS online in ages(for a standard ship to home order), so was wondering if this was normal? I got an email from them with product and order number, just nothing showing up on site. My Paypal transaction is also pending, although the money was pulled, just not accepted yet?

The transaction states this is normal, as they use it to verify funds, but since it came from my balance, I don't see the point in that? Once they ship, this should clear, but time will tell uh? I'm sure their site is slammed, so that may explain the lack of order history, or it could be par for the course with GS involved. LOL

Jesus, i went to three different stores yesterday and all three receipts together weren't that long. Tally so far, 45 games in store and 32 online. I got a shit ton of Pokemon White/Black ver 2 and HeartGold/SoulSilver. Also got two Twilight Princess for WiiU, a ton of Vita games, etc etc. I'm going to be crazy busy this week,
You better be careful. The flipping police on CAG going to put out a warrant on you. 😂😂😂

Anyone having some trade values in store coming up half of what they show on the website? (Mario Odessey @ ~$18 instead of $30 base)

My orders are all not found either, even though they say they're still active in my order history.

Yeah, that still did nothing, so maybe after tonight their system will update with the proper info?
I think it's fine, at least I hope. Even when I clicked the my orders tab it said no orders found for the ones I ordered years ago. If I clicked it a few times it ended up showing up.

Why are prices different between xbox and ps4?

Control is $30 new for both, but $28 used on ps4 and $25 used on xbox. Why?

Anyone having some trade values in store coming up half of what they show on the website? (Mario Odessey @ ~$18 instead of $30 base)
Traded in Mario Odyssey, SSB:U, and MK8 deluxe for $41 each around 10:30 ET this morning (w/ elite pro and $5 bonus)

I think it's fine, at least I hope. Even when I clicked the my orders tab it said no orders found for the ones I ordered years ago. If I clicked it a few times it ended up showing up.
Looking at some of last years problems, this seems typical of their site and nothing to worry about on the surface at least. I've just had way to many issues with GS over the years, but the deal I got today was worth the possible headache(at least in theory). LOL

Chances of trade values tanking by Friday? Got a few games I'm contemplating dumping, but if I don't make it in tonight, won't be there again until Friday afternoon. And knowing how busy my local store usually is, it could be a madhouse. Not sure if I should make another run tonight before everything plummets, value-wise.

And no trade-in deals at all this weekend???
Depending on the game the TIV dropped either Sunday or overnight Wednesday. I traded all of my games in on Friday & then rebought then with the B2G1F.

Yeah my orders stopped showing up too. Was checking an online order for store pickup that said it was picked up when I was nowhere near the GameStop. Now i have to try and get my credit back.

edit: showing up again now

I just had NSMBUDeluxe ring up at $24.80 or something similar. Showed them the up and they adjusted—too much in fact. Rang out as $48 TIV afterward.

Just a heads up. All my switch top tier games traded only at a $22 base instead of the $30 advertised. Only received 31.40 instead of the $41 anticipated. Lost some money, but oh well. Uou louise some..

Just a heads up. All my switch top tier games traded only at a $22 base instead of the $30 advertised. Only received 31.40 instead of the $41 anticipated. Lost some money, but oh well. Uou louise some..
I just showed them the value on the app and they honored it.

Yeah, that still did nothing, so maybe after tonight their system will update with the proper info?
Did they at least send you an online order confirmation? Hopefully they update their system soon to fix this. The gamestop website is a dumpster fire. It should not be making the online buying experience harder.

Got my first TCB pending deposit. That mixed with B2G1, 20% Elite Pro, and cag16 makes it worth buying games. Hopefully TIVs don’t totally tank by next week, but ~$22 for NSW games is nice.

Did they at least send you an online order confirmation? Hopefully they update their system soon to fix this. The gamestop website is a dumpster fire. It should not be making the online buying experience harder.
LOL, so true, so true.

Yeah, I got the confirmation from Paypal as well as one straight from Gamestop, so their system for sure created the order some place. I'm used to the assfuckery from GS, so this shouldn't be surprising. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with the order, as dealing with CS is beyond a joke.

A few years back during the holidays, I emailed them about something, and I got it straightened out from my friend who was a manger and all was good. Well, 3 months after my email request, they finally messaged me back. And there was no mention of the 3 months wait, just what can I help you with? I'll just leave it at that, as you can see my point I'm sure......

Anyone else’s account showing “No orders found”?
you sure you're logged in? the new website has a habit of logging you out, even right in the middle of doing stuff. If i try to delete more than 3 saved trades in a row, all the sudden it can't do it. it's because its logged me out and i have to log back in. its a POS. if you got the e-mails your orders are fine.

My glacier white PS4 pro is showing as shipped. They gave me a ups tracking number, it's expected by Monday. I went to check about order (code vein, still processing) and noticed they replaced the UPS tracking number with a Post office tracking number which says currently awaiting package, expected delivery by December 10th. Why is it so hard to get your shit together GameStop? Hopefully they messed up like last year when they sent me two games by mistake. It would feel good to have 2 PS4 pro's sent to me 😆

Ordered a Gaems Sentinel unit the second orders hit. Has been in stock for days and is out of stock now. It's been switched on my order to "awaiting availability". I swear to hell gamestop...

My glacier white PS4 pro is showing as shipped. They gave me a ups tracking number, it's expected by Monday. I went to check about order (code vein, still processing) and noticed they replaced the UPS tracking number with a Post office tracking number which says currently awaiting package, expected delivery by December 10th. Why is it so hard to get your shit together GameStop? Hopefully they messed up like last year when they sent me two games by mistake. It would feel good to have 2 PS4 pro's sent to me
its probably a UPS surepost package, which ups delivers to usps and usps delivers to you. they used to give you just the ups # and it would confuse everyone because the ups would show delivered when it was just dropped off at usps

Did 5 orders online, within an hour and it triggered fraud detection on my credit card and wouldn't allow me to put my 6th order through. Got a little bit nervous, and haven't put any more orders through since then as I dont want to get my GS account flagged and/or have my orders cancelled.

Having read about some people not being able to submit orders with certain types of payment, I'm a bit worried now... especially considering how finicky GS's website is in general.

All of my b2g1 Switch games have shipped, save for Breath of the Wild and Odyssey and hopefully those will ship in the next few day like has happened when games have gone out of stock. Probably will go out tomorrow to see if there's any scaps left in stores to save up for the next stealth bump

Next week's ad:

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_120119

20% extra trade credit when trading towards PC accessories
$5 bonus on PS4, Xone, Switch games.
$50 trade-in bonus on systems
$20 off Outer Worlds
$49 Genesis mini
$5 Bonus.... F me. Could literally trade in all my B2G1 games when they get here next week and almost double what I spent on them. Have like 10 games on top of that I've been meaning to trade. GS actually coming through lately.

Could trade in my OG xbox too since I just got an S to completely pay for it, but I'd like to have 2 xbox's just in case.

FML I just used all my trade credit on switch games to flip

I've had longer [emoji38] . Nice work

Breath of the Wild for $30.xx with Elite Pro and part of the B2G1 free is the real MVP
Nahh longer

With the flip crazy marathon 2 years ago during the 5 dollar plants vs Zombies along with all the switch flips and DS

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

G@t d@m!!!!!!

What was your total? Can't zoom in..

Also does GS NOT show inventory online anymore? Or is it cuz I'm on a cell phone?

Trying to see if any stores in my area have Mario Cart Switch bundle

Seems like best deal, $300 plus $25 credit

Was fixing to go to sleep now tho.. but would wake up to go there at 7am if i knew they had them as doubt there will be any crazy crowds anymore right?

oNe
I was told GameStop shut off their hold online pickup at store system for the weekend but the buy online pickup in store system works.

Maybe that is what is causing your issues in searching stock availability.

The TIV for the various first party Switch games seems to vary between Gamestops. I only  had one with the lower TIV, and 3 others that had the higher base. So obviously I traded into to those. Just make sure you check as they are ringing you up. Some guys manually enter the value they see (ie - when i put in pro, the base values changed). 

Anyway, back over 1k TC!  :whistle2: Wish I could still buy Netflix and Gas Cards...  :bomb:

Next week's ad:

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_120119

20% extra trade credit when trading towards PC accessories

$5 bonus on PS4, Xone, Switch games.

$50 trade-in bonus on systems

$20 off Outer Worlds

$49 Genesis mini
Interestingly enough, shirts on "Black Friday" were buy 1 get one free (online included). Cyber Money is buy 2 get one free. What a step in the wrong direction.

Does the Cyber Monday crew realize that BF was mostly done online?

Then:::::: %20 credit on pre-order of PC accessories (it's in the ad, mentioned specifically as pre-order). Is there a list? (YES ITS IN THE AD YOU CAN PREORDER PC ACCESSORIES !!) Who does this.... I don't care !! =D Where is the list? :) ?

+$5 trade bonus til next week [Switch PS4 XBox1], base $2+, offer (IN THE AD) says starting 12.02.19. No end date. Guess $5 for the whole week?

What a mess, I need to drink more ... less I mean less!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back