2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just had this incident happen to me today and I am wondering what kind of advice you guys can give:

I went into GS to buy 2 sets of 4/$20 (only 8 games that were all different as I have been trying to fly under the radar at this store for a while).  Unfortunately, when I went to check out, only the store manager (known Junior Detective that has had it out for me for a while) was helping customers so he had to ring me up.  After looking for the discs, he sets aside 5 out of the 8 and only brings 3 to the register.  He tells me he cannot sell me the other 5 games because he looked on my account and saw that I had bought them from a different store.  To be fair I did buy 4 out of those 5 from a different store a couple days ago and I know they can check your past purchases (from what others here have reported).  I tried to argue with him about why I can't buy the same games (how can this even be a reason especially during this time of the year!) and he calls me out for trading them back in.  At this point I just left since I didn't know what else to say.  Here's the thing, my account has been pretty clean for months and any boomerang trades from this current promo are not on my account.  I would love to fill out a complaint against this guy with a survey but I do not know if it will just bring further negative consequences.  In the past when I complained one time and left a negative survey, they looked into my account and then banned me I think for a period of time after seeing that I bought multiple games and traded them in (this was years ago).  I just think that this whole situation is absurd.  In the past they have given me a hard time at this store about buying 2 copies but to flat out just refuse to sell games to a customer is a new level of crazy.  I am on the fence about just keeping quiet about it or filling out a negative survey to get this guy hopefully in some trouble.  What do you all think?  I feel like I have a strong case to present to the district manager or whoever would take action but if they look too deep into my account they will probably find boomerangs, etc that would support the store manager's claims against me.

Sorry for the long rant, feeling a bit emotional about it and I was looking for some outside advice and opinions. Thanks.

So I just had this incident happen to me today and I am wondering what kind of advice you guys can give:

I went into GS to buy 2 sets of 4/$20 (only 8 games that were all different as I have been trying to fly under the radar at this store for a while). Unfortunately, when I went to check out, only the store manager (known Junior Detective that has had it out for me for a while) was helping customers so he had to ring me up. After looking for the discs, he sets aside 5 out of the 8 and only brings 3 to the register. He tells me he cannot sell me the other 5 games because he looked on my account and saw that I had bought them from a different store. To be fair I did buy 4 out of those 5 from a different store a couple days ago and I know they can check your past purchases (from what others here have reported). I tried to argue with him about why I can't buy the same games (how can this even be a reason especially during this time of the year!) and he calls me out for trading them back in. At this point I just left since I didn't know what else to say. Here's the thing, my account has been pretty clean for months and any boomerang trades from this current promo are not on my account. I would love to fill out a complaint against this guy with a survey but I do not know if it will just bring further negative consequences. In the past when I complained one time and left a negative survey, they looked into my account and then banned me I think for a period of time after seeing that I bought multiple games and traded them in (this was years ago). I just think that this whole situation is absurd. In the past they have given me a hard time at this store about buying 2 copies but to flat out just refuse to sell games to a customer is a new level of crazy. I am on the fence about just keeping quiet about it or filling out a negative survey to get this guy hopefully in some trouble. What do you all think? I feel like I have a strong case to present to the district manager or whoever would take action but if they look too deep into my account they will probably find boomerangs, etc that would support the store manager's claims against me.

Sorry for the long rant, feeling a bit emotional about it and I was looking for some outside advice and opinions. Thanks.
lick your wounds and move on

Isn't gamestop's whole motto to buy used and then trade them back in to save money? That's essentially what we doing lol

I went into GS to buy 2 sets of 4/$20 (only 8 games that were all different as I have been trying to fly under the radar at this store for a while). Unfortunately, when I went to check out, only the store manager (known Junior Detective that has had it out for me for a while) was helping customers so he had to ring me up. After looking for the discs, he sets aside 5 out of the 8 and only brings 3 to the register. He tells me he cannot sell me the other 5 games because he looked on my account and saw that I had bought them from a different store. To be fair I did buy 4 out of those 5 from a different store a couple days ago and I know they can check your past purchases (from what others here have reported). I tried to argue with him about why I can't buy the same games (how can this even be a reason especially during this time of the year!) and he calls me out for trading them back in. At this point I just left since I didn't know what else to say. Here's the thing, my account has been pretty clean for months and any boomerang trades from this current promo are not on my account. I would love to fill out a complaint against this guy with a survey but I do not know if it will just bring further negative consequences. In the past when I complained one time and left a negative survey, they looked into my account and then banned me I think for a period of time after seeing that I bought multiple games and traded them in (this was years ago). I just think that this whole situation is absurd. In the past they have given me a hard time at this store about buying 2 copies but to flat out just refuse to sell games to a customer is a new level of crazy. I am on the fence about just keeping quiet about it or filling out a negative survey to get this guy hopefully in some trouble. What do you all think? I feel like I have a strong case to present to the district manager or whoever would take action but if they look too deep into my account they will probably find boomerangs, etc that would support the store manager's claims against me.

I had a similar situation happen at a gamestop a couple a years ago. It got to a point where he literally accused me of stealing games from another store to trade in. I told him that his accusation was ridiculous and I even had the receipt to prove that the games I had were bought. He then accused me of “faking receipts” and banned me from gamestop. Thankfully last time I checked he got fired. Your situation isn’t as bad, but these managers have no right to restrict your purchases or trade unless you are violating their terms which you clearly weren’t. I would definitely call a district manager and explain your situation.

This is mind numbingly dumb. Why get games for free or close to it when you can spend actual money to get games at discounted prices at other retailers? That’s essentially what you’re saying.
Huh. Spend $15 for a game at target that takes half an hour to make, or spend $30 at gamestop that took an hour to make flipping! I'll take the longer and less efficient one please!

Some of you are absolute clowns lmao

sorry about what happened but if this store had "a JD thats had it out for you for a long time" why on earth did you go there?

one of the most important things to remember when doing stuff like that is not to have the staff remember you, or focus on stores with staff that you know really dont care. 

"and any boomerang trades from this current promo are not on my account." Then how did he know you had traded them back in? Did you do it yourself but under a different account?

If your account is totally clean in the recent months and you don't care about your points you can try and complain, but if you've done a lot of flipping I would just say leave it be. If it were me I'd just leave it and try and use another store.

It blows me away as well though that any store manager would refuse a SALE rather than refuse a trade in. It's like the recent post on the GS reddit with someone who had a large stack of games to trade in and at least half the responses were negative. You just shake your head at the logic.
The recent boomarangs were traded in not by a different person on a different account. Those were only maybe 16 games on 2 different trades so not even much of anything compared to others. There is no way he knew about those so he was just going with his gut and previous assumptions. I should have had him show me where he saw the boomerangs but I was a bit blindsided by his attack and didn't think too well on my feet.

sorry about what happened but if this store had "a JD thats had it out for you for a long time" why on earth did you go there?

one of the most important things to remember when doing stuff like that is not to have the staff remember you, or focus on stores with staff that you know really dont care.
Yes I have tried my absolute best to avoid this store at all costs. Unfortunately it is the store closest to me and I was in there tonight to do a pickup from yesterday's DotD. I figured I would just do a "harmless" 2 sets of 4/$20 while I was there to try to be efficient.

Huh. Spend $15 for a game at target that takes half an hour to make, or spend $30 at gamestop that took an hour to make flipping! I'll take the longer and less efficient one please!

You want to repeat that in English? That garbled mess doesn’t make any sense.

What are you doing for half an hour at Target? And how often are games double the price at GS?

I kinda agree with wigbuster. I really don’t see how dealing with gamestop flipping is worth the stress anymore. Maybe when you could make $200-$700. But anything under $150 in a day really isn’t worth it.
Why do we have to avoid certain stores? Why do we have to stress over dealing with certain employees?

We literally aren’t doing anything wrong. Yeah, maybe if you’re trying to buy 10 copies of one game and trade them in the next day I can see. But if someone is following all of gamestop polices who gives them the right to cause grief?
This isn’t illegal, it isn’t even scamming.

What are you doing for half an hour at Target? And how often are games double the price at GS?
I think he’s trying to say he makes $30 an hour working. Based on his post history, I seriously doubt he makes more than what his parents give him for his weekly allowance.

What he's trying to say is he makes $30 an hour at his job so the $15 game at Target took him a half hour to make the money, while the same game in this hypothetical situation is $30 at GameStop and for some reason it would take 1 hour to flip games and make $30.

I would just throw him on your ignore list and move on. He's a troll.

What he's trying to say is he makes $30 an hour at his job so the $15 game at Target took him a half hour to make the money, while the same game in this hypothetical situation is $30 at GameStop and for some reason it would take 1 hour to flip games and make $30.

I would just throw him on your ignore list and move on. He's a troll.
Eh, trolls can be fun sometimes.

You literally just tried flipping this past week and saw results. Just stfu and let people do what they want with their time and money. Some of us have actual jobs but don’t wanna pay cash for video games so doing stuff like this makes me happy cuz I can buy whatever collectibles or games I want for free.

Lot of people in here are jobless and the other half pretend they are doing errands to justify spending more gas than trade credit.

You literally just tried flipping this past week and saw results. Just stfu and let people do what they want with their time and money. Some of us have actual jobs but don’t wanna pay cash for video games so doing stuff like this makes me happy cuz I can buy whatever collectibles or games I want for free.
Ah yes, it definitely makes sense to work for money, not use that money on something specific for whatever reason, and then work more just for a single company payment method.

Dont know why so many got triggered. I have nothing against flipping obviously. I had to finally give in and view something that cobra goofball said since I blocked him before I even started posting here and was greeted by "wElL sOmE pEoPlE wAnT tHe NeW cOnSoLeS". K cool, that's 1k. If people feel the need to flip more than that they should be banned, and I'll laugh when it happens

Gamestop flipping is a job in its self.

Having to avoid employees, dealing with junior detectives, being charged a refurb fee when you literally just bought the items from a gamestop across the street, arguing with employees that don’t even know store policy, waiting in line, purchasing items and having your trade credit just disappear then having to wait on hold for 2 hours to speak to someone that doesn’t even know what you’re saying.

That shit takes time and causes so much stress. You’d literally be better off working a delivery job like postmates a couple of times per month.

Tbh it's super easy to flip up to the trade limit if you're doing it right and have a lot of stores around. Opportunities to go ham happen pretty rarely so it's not like you can do it constantly. If you can flip a couple times a month to get every system, a laptop, games etc for basically free, why not go for it.

Tbh it's super easy to flip up to the trade limit if you're doing it right and have a lot of stores around. Opportunities to go ham happen pretty rarely so it's not like you can do it constantly. If you can flip a couple times a month to get every system, a laptop, games etc for basically free, why not go for it.
Yeah, but you’re spending time. And also there is a initial investment until you build up enough credit. Same can be said for regular flipping. If you go on Craigslist you can probably find something to buy for really cheap and sell it for a higher price on eBay. But that still doesn’t really mean that the extra money you get will be free because of the time and invest that you’ve made.

Comes with the territory. Don’t flip games, don’t get called out for flipping games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Why do people come onto CheapAssGamer and try to torment people for being frugal and reselling? It's like they are too lazy to go out and do something themselves.

Regardless, flipping to GameStop is MUCH more honest and above board than any kind of online glitch will ever be. Now ask yourself, who here has ever turned down an opportunity at a massive online price mistake? Let he be the one who casts the first stone.

That shit takes time and causes so much stress. You’d literally be better off working a delivery job like postmates a couple of times per month.
I've made $1,400 hitting 3 GameStops a day since the promo started, initial investment was some Wii Sports I probably paid $2 a piece for at Goodwill. GTFO.

Pagongster, I'd just burn him on the survey without leaving a comment for them to figure out who you are. If you're feeling bold you can deny having bought the games and accuse them of letting someone else use your account without your permission. They probably don't want to deal with that.

I've made $1,400 hitting 3 GameStops a day since the promo started, initial investment was some Wii Sports I probably paid $2 a piece for at Goodwill. GTFO.

Pagongster, I'd just burn him on the survey without leaving a comment for them to figure out who you are. If you're feeling bold you can deny having bought the games and accuse them of letting someone else use your account without your permission. They probably don't want to deal with that.
Youve made 1400 profit? Lmao ok.

Let’s assume that you gained a profit of $3 per game. That’s about 60 games a day 480 games in total all from 3 GameStop’s? Yeah you GTFO. You’re the type of person that needs their GameStop account banned tbh

Let’s assume that you gained a profit of $3 per game. That’s about 60 games a day 480 games in total all from 3 GameStop’s? Yeah you GTFO. You’re the type of person that needs their GameStop account banned tbh
I did more than that over the pass week there is a ton of store near me and got my accounts nuked, wasnt hard to pick up 20 games from one store trade in and pick up 20 different title than the one u trade in and repeat, each set of 4 make about $15, 4-5 set is about 60-75 x3 a day and this promo been out for over a week.

The Black Friday deal was a better flip b2g1 $88 for a set of switch game and trade back in $30 base a set of 3 is $123 about $35 profit each set. Sword and shield was $35 base and there was a few $25 base switch game that make up for it if there enough $30 base game. 12 switch games 4 set make around $120

Do they ban or anything if you return a bunch of games you buy online? I am thinking of buying like 20 or so retro games online. If I don't like the condition is it ok to return a bunch?

I did more than that over the pass week there is a ton of store near me and got my accounts nuked, wasnt hard to pick up 20 games from one store trade in and pick up 20 different title than the one u trade in and repeat, each set of 4 make about $15, 4-5 set is about 60-75 x3 a day and this promo been out for over a week.

The Black Friday deal was a better flip b2g1 $88 for a set of switch game and trade back in $30 base a set of 3 is $123 about $35 profit each set. Sword and shield was $35 base and there was a few $25 base switch game that make up for it if there enough $30 base game. 12 switch games 4 set make around $120
Im not saying there’s not a great deal of money to be made, but you’d obviously have to be fortunate enough to have a ton of stores and for those stores to have the games in stock and not reject your trade ins. If someone is going to flip, I honestly think it’s best to go crazy and get your account banned for a couple of months than to make a measly $100 bucks, which seems to be the case for most users on here.

Do they ban or anything if you return a bunch of games you buy online? I am thinking of buying like 20 or so retro games online. If I don't like the condition is it ok to return a bunch?
Never happen to me and ive returned well over 60 retro games in a yr or two. hell returned 30 this past buy1get1 retro because they were just trash quality.

How many accounts do you have you have at least two or three correct?

Theoretically could one apply to and get hired by GameStop, print out the complete history of your own bullshit accounts, and then quit/ghost them?

What tier of GS employee (or third party CS Rep farm) do you have to be to see it ALL?

Tim is definitely the example of someone who should have their account banned, as the guy (if he even works a job) is spending just as much time at GS then he is actually working.

But at least hes not like that loser who's flipping games but keeping the steelbooks. Now that kid should be stripped of everything he owns.

Values held for the most part check spreadsheet for details. Games under $2 do not always apply like Fallout 4 Dungeons 2 and some others are examples.

It was better than that if you were Elite and used cag16/TCB 15% back.

I have been sitting out the 4/20 just because of the volume of games being dealt. I’m friends with people at the stores around me, and I’m sure they know what I do. Walking into a store and asking them to pull 20-30 games that I know will get dumped at another store is something I would not want someone to do to me if I were working there. Doing this 3x a day? Pretty excessive.

I'm amazed at all the judgemental newbies in this thread actually looking down on someone flipping to get sometimes 10x what they initially spent. It's so odd to look down on someone, especially on a site about saving money, for going out and getting enough credit after 1 days worth of work to last them getting games for the year or all current gen consoles without paying tax I might add.

To all those doing flips, keep doing you and don't let these employees intimidate you. If you aren't doing anything that is against policy, burn them on surveys (which you do not need to buy an item to do). Buying items from one store and trading it to another isn't against anything and no Junior Detective should be stopping anyone from buying games. Only thing they can do is stop you from trading but only if you are banned from doing so as the register wouldn't allow it.

I do understand not having as many stores in your area and not wanting to hurt your flips, buys and ease of said store but you also don't want to be denied for basic things every time you step into a store. An employee should only do so much, again, especially when you aren't doing anything against their policy.

I'm not sure why any gs employee would really care. Y'all are helping the stores pre-owned sales and or trade numbers.
Trades give the employees a bonus payout.

I'm not sure why any gs employee would really care. Y'all are helping the stores pre-owned sales and or trade numbers.
Trades give the employees a bonus payout.
I walked into a GameStop not two days ago while traveling. I traded some games and started looking around the store. The assistant store leader started talking with the store manager about this guy he suspected of buying games from one store and trading them into the next (not me, probably someone else on here haha). Guess what the manager told him!

"You just can't worry about something like that. It's not our job to police these guys. He is buying and trading games at our store so let him do what he wants. And we need the sales right now, that's for sure."

I wanted to go up and shake his hand. This store had a prestige sign on the front door as well. What a boss.

How many accounts do you have you have at least two or three correct?
I have a few regular Pro accounts I've been having friends/coworkers trading on for me (paying them $20 TIC each trade), but I had posted here recently that I went well over the trade limit on my Elite before they finally banned me last week. I just do all my buying with the Elite (so the games are $4 each) and even with regular Pro the games are still trading for $7.20-$8.30 a piece.

Tim is definitely the example of someone who should have their account banned, as the guy (if he even works a job) is spending just as much time at GS then he is actually working.
But at least hes not like that loser who's flipping games but keeping the steelbooks. Now that kid should be stripped of everything he owns.
LOL thanks for the kind words. I worked 78 hours last week, then hit GameStops in different directions after work each day, so maybe 2-3 hours depending on how much I wanted to browse and what other games I purchased to keep. You are absolutely right that I should have my account banned.

And before anyone else wants to question/criticize me yes I have a girlfriend and she likes going just to see the shit show at these GameStops.

I also make considerably more than a GameStop manager (even before overtime), so no need to tell me to get a real job. I do this because I collect and it's fun and gives me an excuse to go to all these different GameStops and see what interesting things they have.

My friend is a manager at a Gamestop. He has a group of guys come in somewhat regularly trading in what he believes is stolen merchandise. Though he would love to refuse them, he doesn't as it isn't his job to police them. He lets them trade in until they get banned and just waits for them to come in when the ban is lifted and they do it again. 

Though he may believe they are stolen, he can't assume they are and won't judge them as he does not know where or how they get the items but to him, he doesn't know where anyone gets their products from so why care about these guys. 

Doesn't help that this district does not require a finger print but it does a license to trade which is recorded. 

Either way, I prefer stores like that that doesn't do things because they feel they need to but follows the stores policy and local laws. They don't make up rules or refuse service because of suspicion or some detective on a power trip actions. Let the stores register do it's job and local law to also do their job. Stop policing people when you have no authority to do so.

One more thing, the stores I hit last week (besides the mall store which I only purchased in) were totally dead, and the employees were happy to have trades to process instead of standing around pretending to look busy. I do all my surveys and always make sure to S their Ds, so they don't mind dealing with this shit, and even encourage me to buy more. I'm always polite and they probably won't even remember me after all the assholes they have to deal with on a daily basis. Even if they hate me, they probably won't even work there the next time I visit anyway.

I moved here from a small area with 2 GameStops in a 50 mile radius, so I know I'm very fortunate to now have 20 spread out about 10 minutes apart from one another. It also helps that I avoid the stores that I'm not on good terms with, as inconvenient as it is.

That's a very good point and something I do too. I also do store surveys for all the stores I go to as it helps the employees as well as me. Those surveys help with them getting raises and promotions. They help me by following their policy and doing just that. No trying to make up policy because you don't like that I'm buying so much products or that I'm trading in and getting hundreds / thousands in trade credit. 

In turn for doing those surveys, both good and bad, you get employees who either do exactly what their job entitles them to do or get those made up policy employees to straighten up and follow only what the store allows you to do. Doesn't just help me but others who want to come in and take advantage of promotions or sales. 

So for everyone else, definitely do surveys for all stores but if you can't at least the stores that do very poorly or go above and beyond.

My friend is a manager at a Gamestop. He has a group of guys come in somewhat regularly trading in what he believes is stolen merchandise. Though he would love to refuse them, he doesn't as it isn't his job to police them. He lets them trade in until they get banned and just waits for them to come in when the ban is lifted and they do it again.

Though he may believe they are stolen, he can't assume they are and won't judge them as he does not know where or how they get the items but to him, he doesn't know where anyone gets their products from so why care about these guys.

Doesn't help that this district does not require a finger print but it does a license to trade which is recorded.

Either way, I prefer stores like that that doesn't do things because they feel they need to but follows the stores policy and local laws. They don't make up rules or refuse service because of suspicion or some detective on a power trip actions. Let the stores register do it's job and local law to also do their job. Stop policing people when you have no authority to do so.
When I worked at Gamestop and a smaller store called Disc Replay. People would bring in clearly stolen games all the time and like you said it isn't the employees of the stores job to police these people, we just buy them unless they were brought in sealed. At Disc Replay around 2011 I had a dude bring in the same 4 (at the time) fairly new releases about 4 separate times in the span of a couple of weeks, around the 3rd or 4th time I asked the guy why he had so many copies of the same 4 games and he proceeded to tell me that his friends just happened to buy him the same 4 $60 video games for his birthday, obviously not a very believable story. I bought the games every time though and just gave the dude less money each time to the point where I think I gave him like $20 or less for all 4 of the games which we were selling for about $42 each.

I don't get why so many people in this thread are upset that a CAG is working the trade promotion and making a good profit. We are CAGs and this is what we do, some are more successful than others, but he isn't breaking any laws and I bet the ones complaining are just upset they aren't able to do the same thing.

The “time is money” accusation doesn’t apply to most of us, so I dont know why people always bring it up. I like going to game stores. I like browsing through stock and finding things I’ve wanted, or even better, had forgotten I wanted. So if there’s a way to make doing what I like doing anyway a little profitable- why not do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back