2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That $5 bonus on any is interesting if you take advantage of the 4/10 you can get 2 Minecraft Season 2 copies and trade them back in and get 2 of the 4/10 for free. Poi and Has Been are decent as well if you want to break almost even 4/20. Switch game flips are almost dead but there are still some games that lead to some profit. I guess I am out this time around. Good luck to all you flippers out there.

This 4 /60 @ $24.99 or less doesn't seem that great. That's like what, 20% savings at the most? When most other X for $Y deals are 50%

Blah

This 4 /60 @ $24.99 or less doesn't seem that great. That's like what, 20% savings at the most? When most other X for $Y deals are 50%

Blah
Come on man, that's not even hard math. $100 vs $60 for a max savings of $40, or 40%.

Finally got my b2g1 games in from Black Friday sale, one of the games looks like it went through a wood chipper. Scratches all over the label, and the bottom is insanely scratched. It's a pretty new Xbox one game too so this almost seems intentional by whoever traded this in. Of course it came in a generic case too.

Are the black trade in cards attached to an account? If i were to open a new PRO account with the credit, would my friend get banned? I have been using his account for buying/trading games.

What do you think the major investors would think if they knew those preowned sales were fabricated? And that there isn’t even really that big of a preowned market, and they gut new games, put them through a grinding machine, and then sell them as used, to boost their used games sales figures?

Want to see if you got any of these games? It’s simple. If you have ordered off GameStop.com within the last month, look at your game cases closely. Does one side have a shredded look to the plastic like someone scraped the side on cement? Congrats, that’s a brand new game.

Brand New “Preowned” Games:

9E3ADB35-9A07-4D48-A349-0D312D2F637D.jpeg

F054DFD8-FF97-42C7-BEE7-2BBD6BE54EE8.jpeg
I've got a Horizon Zero Dawn Complete like that, but it's the original version and not the Greatest Hits.

Are the black trade in cards attached to an account? If i were to open a new PRO account with the credit, would my friend get banned? I have been using his account for buying/trading games.
No, I've been using the same one between my account and my wife's account and I'm banned.

Just got my 8 360 games from the 4 for 20 online. They all came in roughed up shape (which is why I REALLY dont like ordering 360 online, have had major problems in the past) but at least none of them came with the fked up refurbished ring that literally makes the game unplayable. They all had weird white crust along the middle and outside rings so not sure if they were somewhat refurbished or if someone had some fun on them after they packed them. Only 2 came with actual cases, one disc came with sharpie writing on it for a guy named "Terry" and one looked liked it just got sanded down (I'll be trading in/exchanging these two).

Now time to test the other six.

Is there a way an employee can see if you are 30 or 90 day banned? I have several accounts to test out tomorrow with mock trades and want to be able to talk the employees who don't know or care through it.

Is this even a thing, the 30-day vs 90-day? I thought it was just 90-days always, but have seen several mentions of a 30 day recently. A few accounts got hit with trade credit exceeded notices during the black Friday b2g1 when I purchased and re-sold the same games in the same day on the same account, apparently foolishly.

I've always been careful, I keep a nice spreadsheet, but these had to be bans from buying and trading the same games in the same day. All 3 accounts were way, way, below the credit and sku limits. Once was under $200.

I've had trade bans before, but long ago when I was only trading in a big amount every 4+ months or so and back when they just started taking in retro.

I tried to Price Match the Gamestop price of Darksiders 3 $9.99 price at Best Buy and the lady said Best Buy doesn't price match Gamestop. The fuck, since when? She wouldn't let me price match Amazon either because even though they had it for $9.99 as well since it ships out Dec 24th it doesn't count apparently. Lovely.

Some deals of the Day:

Xbox One X bundles + $50 Gift Card + Choice of Two Preowned Games (Options COD Infinite Warfare, Arkham Knight, Halo 5, or Lego Marvel Suoerheroes) for $350.

60% off select holiday ornaments.

Preowned Last of Us Remastered $7. This puts it in play as part of the 4/$20 (online only), and it currently shows a base of $6 so if that holds it's a net $4 profit just on its own.

God of War is also on the list but currently no discount shown. Hopefully that may also reach $7 when the discount is processed properly.

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/deal-of-the-day

Since the bonus $5 end this week for PS4/XB1 gonna make a final haul tomorrow. Might be nearing a ban, but no risk no reward right? :p

So weird. The 360 game I've been waiting on since BF was finally cancelled even though they have a copy at my store 3 miles away.
I got 6 cancelation emails for 5 games, the last email claim the order was canceled due to "unforeseen inventory issues". The other emails claim I should be receiving an email with a eGift card for reimbursement. We'll see how that goes.....

That 4 for $20 online seemed like it would be nice and then 6 of my 8 games for cancelled.
5 of my 8 was canceled.

Wanted to get MK11 but trade credit isn't working for me
I had no issues with TC online lately, however during blk Friday I had to make the orders under $60-80 bucks and it worked fine. Grabbed MK11 on PS4 & Switch, figured the switch will hold value especially with the $5 bonus carrying on to next week.

^^^^^ it's amazing the continued discrepancy between PS4 prices and Xbox one prices. They're charging $400 for the Pro during this special sale while the more powerful X is basically $300 with two free games. And they raised the Black Friday slim bundle to $250. I guess there's two strategies to next gen upgrades, one company thinks buying into their ecosystem this late will hurt next gen sales, the other thinks it will lock you into an easy upgrade cycle. Xbox is right.

Some deals of the Day:

Xbox One X bundles + $50 Gift Card + Choice of Two Preowned Games (Options COD Infinite Warfare, Arkham Knight, Halo 5, or Lego Marvel Suoerheroes) for $350.

60% off select holiday ornaments.

Preowned Last of Us Remastered $7. This puts it in play as part of the 4/$20 (online only), and it currently shows a base of $6 so if that holds it's a net $4 profit just on its own.

God of War is also on the list but currently no discount shown. Hopefully that may also reach $7 when the discount is processed properly.

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/deal-of-the-day
That playstation sweater is pretty cool and a good price, but dont think I could ever see myself wearing that in public. I guess if you have a weeb in the family that would be a great gift

That playstation sweater is pretty cool and a good price, but dont think I could ever see myself wearing that in public. I guess if you have a weeb in the family that would be a great gift
Worried it would be difficult to pick up chicks wearing it? Embrace your inner nerd, I say.

Worried it would be difficult to pick up chicks wearing it? Embrace your inner nerd, I say.
Lol, I just like to picture seeing myself wearing it. I always laugh when I see people out in public with a Sony or PS4 shirt on, or even a specific game shirt, as I've seen many COD shirts. Some stuff just shouldnt be made into apparel.

Can you imagine being weird enough to buy the $80 new xbox onesie? Jesus christ.

The Last of Us Remastered being online only kills the deal if you want to stack with the 4/20. 4/20 orders so far have been bad The next week has 12 boomerangs so far.

Helimut: Badass from Hell Onty at GameStop

Risk of Rain 2

Roman Rumble in Las Vegum: Asterix and Obelix XXL 2

My Friend Pedro

LEGO The Incredibles

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

My Time at Portia

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered

V-Rally 4

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

Harvest Moon: Mad Dash

Possibly of Minecraft Season 2 if it works on any Switch Game.
Poi and Has Been Heroes if it works on any.

Saw Amazon / Bestbuy have Oculus Go for $130, but then noticed GS had it for $150, and decided to get that sweet edge shipping! 

As far as the "Gameday Sales" next week, I am seeing the 25% off pokemon as an opportunity to buy one of those big plushes and annoy the wife! Flipping 4/$60 to amazon seems like a bit more difficult to find titles for... 

Saw Amazon / Bestbuy have Oculus Go for $130, but then noticed GS had it for $150, and decided to get that sweet edge shipping!

As far as the "Gameday Sales" next week, I am seeing the 25% off pokemon as an opportunity to buy one of those big plushes and annoy the wife! Flipping 4/$60 to amazon seems like a bit more difficult to find titles for...
I doubt the big ones will be on sale since they weren’t for Black Friday.

I tried to Price Match the Gamestop price of Darksiders 3 $9.99 price at Best Buy and the lady said Best Buy doesn't price match Gamestop. The fuck, since when? She wouldn't let me price match Amazon either because even though they had it for $9.99 as well since it ships out Dec 24th it doesn't count apparently. Lovely.
Technically, since always. Only Target has GS expressly on its list.

Looks like a few titles have gone up a couple bucks for trades. I'm seeing God of War $10 Base instead of 8, Spider-Man $8 instead of 7. I think Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 for PS4 went up a dollar or two.

Man GameStop’s webpage is awful. Tried to place an order 4 times and it’s always declined. For the credit card it charges me and then instantly refunds and says transaction denied. I tried PayPal and it actually did charge my card and didn’t give a refund, but said transaction denied on GameStop’s site and there’s nothing in my order history. In PayPal it says “processing”. What a nightmare I’m probably going to have to call PayPal to try and get back the charge on my credit card for this. GameStop is literally the worst.
Just to follow up on this..

1) Contacted Paypal. They told me there is nothing they can do. They said if Gamestop doesn't finish processing the transaction in 30 days they will remove it, but until then they wont help.

2) Sent Gamestop an email about the issue on Saturday. I told them the order didn't go through but they charged me anyway.. of course STILL NO REPLY.

I refuse to sit on hold for hours to get someone on the phone. Especially with my past experience where you'll wait for an hour and then get disconnected anyway. So I guess I have to wait a full month to get back my money. Absolutely ridiculous and this is truly fraud on their part. What an awful company.

^^^^^ it's amazing the continued discrepancy between PS4 prices and Xbox one prices. They're charging $400 for the Pro during this special sale while the more powerful X is basically $300 with two free games. And they raised the Black Friday slim bundle to $250. I guess there's two strategies to next gen upgrades, one company thinks buying into their ecosystem this late will hurt next gen sales, the other thinks it will lock you into an easy upgrade cycle. Xbox is right.
PS4 Pro COD MW $299 DOTD at BB.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/371264-best-buy-deal-of-the-day-friday-december-13th/#entry14244168

Well games have been bumped might be a decent stealth bump.

Astro Bot VR will be $9.99 soon so might be a good dump since it trades for $15 I see a bunch more give me a second to get the spreadsheet updated.

Assuming you guys are willing to risk a return rebuy with 4/60 there might be a good opportunity today.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/?q=MWT1219&lang=default

JESUS the DROPS. This isn't a stealth bump this is a stealh drop.

Wii Sports, Wii Resorts and Astro Bot VR are the clear winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back