2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, him. I guess I should have realized that right off the bat. Surprised he didn't post in here (unless I missed it).

If the incorrect pricing on store slips did get fixed, it's about time. That's been a thing for years.

Saw a copy of NCAA 14 on PS3 in stock and ordered... I wonder if I'll get one of the damaged discs that was pictured a few pages ago? Or maybe they'll "ship" with a tracking # that'll showing awaiting pickup for 14 days (and counting)? 

I'm sure it'll be inconsistent store to stores still, probably linked to if it was original a Funcoland / EB / Babaabbaages / etc.

I got... nothing! It should show up under active offers I assume? Paper Mario Origami / Ghost of Tushymeh reviews look kinda average, so might not make the library until much cheaper.
My coupon was only in an email, doesn't show in active offers and expires tomorrow. Subject was "Thank you for shopping and saving on Pro Day–here's a way to save even more!"

I remember arguing with a certain person back in 2010 and it looks like they held a grudge.......
Yup...same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. A user who had just registered 2 days prior sent me a DM "defending" the same person. Must have multiple Alts. For whatever reason, looks like my quote of you has the name of the user edited out. Interesting....

I remember arguing with a certain person back in 2010 and it looks like they held a grudge.......
Who is user UltraStriderTurbulence? He/She just registered today and sent me a PM mentioning a "aircobra".
Yup...exact same thing happened to me. A couple of weeks ago, I received a PM from a user called "Feedback12345" who had just registered 2 days prior. Just a bunch of nonsense defending He Who Shall Not Be Named from my "attacks" on him. Some people really need to get a life. Absolutely stunned he hasn't been banned yet.

UPS has been the suck (East Bay, Ca) here for months. Packages often sitting less than 5 miles from the house for 3 to 4 weeks. Packages also getting "damaged" by UPS too. Absolutely no problems with FedEx or USPS during this time period.
It's affecting the East Coast as well. My UPS packages have been sitting at my local delivery center for almost a week now.

It's affecting the East Coast as well. My UPS packages have been sitting at my local delivery center for almost a week now.
Well at least your package hasn't been lost like mine was with USPS stating they never received my games and gamestop customer service confirming my games have been lost and they have to issue replacements. Could always be worse!

meh another coupon I didn't get.  Not like there's anything to use it on really right now.  I can only assume they know I will spend money without a coupon so there's no incentive to give me one :/

I found it interesting that my copy of pre-owned cave story for the switch came in a generic GameStop case, but had the inserts: (instructions/art book and a soundtrack (small psp looking) disc.

Anyone know what plays those disc??
Mine came complete I was very surprised

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just realized this weeks ad and by extension, next weeks doesn't have the random characters behind it like it had in recent weeks to keep us from getting a sneak peel.

7/19-7/25
https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_071920_v3

B3G2 preowned games 19.99 and under
I gotta give GS credit, they must think most their clientele are dumb as rocks. And granted, most are. Running a week long "deal" worse than the previous weeks is definitely good.

Just realized this weeks ad and by extension, next weeks doesn't have the random characters behind it like it had in recent weeks to keep us from getting a sneak peel.

7/19-7/25https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_071920_v3

B3G2 preowned games 19.99 and under
The return of 35 TIV is the best part of this ad. But without any new pre-order trade in bonuses available. It’s gonna be hard to take advantage.

Has anyone ever done a paypal claim from a GameStop.com purchase? I’ve tried contacting them a ton of times but they never answer emails, disconnects from calling, and it’s been weeks.

They won’t respond so I’d like to open a case with PayPal... but also don’t wana get banned.

Yup...exact same thing happened to me. A couple of weeks ago, I received a PM from a user called "Feedback12345" who had just registered 2 days prior. Just a bunch of nonsense defending He Who Shall Not Be Named from my "attacks" on him. Some people really need to get a life. Absolutely stunned he hasn't been banned yet.
Gotta report the poster and explain very clearly in the report what is happening.

Was just denied returning my still sealed LoU2 that I got on 6/19/20. I was returning it to use my $10 off of $50 and my $5 monthly coupon on the used copy that the store had. I was told buy the CSR that I was trying to abuse the return system In my favor. I just tried to explain that I was just trying to save $20. This wasn’t my home store but it was a prestige store just down the road from me. (Was only store in area with a used LoU2) I just thought it was funny as I thought selling a pre-owned copy would be better for his numbers.

Was just denied returning my still sealed LoU2 that I got on 7/19/20. I was returning it to use my $10 off of $50 and my $5 monthly coupon on the used copy that the store had. I was told buy the CSR that I was trying to abuse the return system In my favor. I just tried to explain that I was just trying to save $20. This wasn’t my home store but it was a prestige store just down the road from me. (Was only store in area with a used LoU2) I just thought it was funny as I thought selling a pre-owned copy would be better for his numbers.
Are you living in the present or future,"Was just denied returning my still sealed LoU2 that I got on 7/19/20."

Was just denied returning my still sealed LoU2 that I got on 7/19/20. I was returning it to use my $10 off of $50 and my $5 monthly coupon on the used copy that the store had. I was told buy the CSR that I was trying to abuse the return system In my favor. I just tried to explain that I was just trying to save $20. This wasn’t my home store but it was a prestige store just down the road from me. (Was only store in area with a used LoU2) I just thought it was funny as I thought selling a pre-owned copy would be better for his numbers.
You got the game on 7/19/20 huh? Crazy.

Gotta report the poster and explain very clearly in the report what is happening.
I did, and I think the Alt was banned but the main culprit remains. It’s ok though...I’ve Blocked him in all the ways your sig suggests. I’m sure many others have done the same.

Blocking an alt makes sense, especially when that alt lasts less than a week before getting banned and coming back with a new alt. Seems like wasted effort for something so trivial. To each their own though.

A store in my area finally reopened, so I don't have to let my $5 coupons go to waste anymore. The past few months there was nothing I wanted to buy except PSN credit, and you can't use the coupon for that online.

I have a 15 off 75 coupon that I won’t be using, PM me for it. No one who already asked others for one and no very new members please

EDIT - gone in a flash to Marvelguy68

Well 3 days of “Waiting for Pickup” for Paper Mario. I’m gonna email support...
Check the order status in your account. In more than one instance, I've had something ready for pick-up but never got the email. If your order status says ready for pick up, you can go to the store and let the employees know, they'll be able to pull your order.

Does anyone know what a black sticker on a game case stands for? I received two games from the warehouse. One with a black square sticker and another with a defective sticker.

Does anyone know what a black sticker on a game case stands for? I received two games from the warehouse. One with a black square sticker and another with a defective sticker.
It means they were touched up (refurbed) or at least taken in as defective. Almost every previous generation game that comes from the warehouse has them. Whether or not they were truly defective is unknown. Like Davem warned, some of the switch games I got from them had them too which is the first I've seen for switch games but I havent tested them yet.

Usually they SHOULD work if they aren't filled with that refurb gunk in the middle.

I found it interesting that my copy of pre-owned cave story for the switch came in a generic GameStop case, but had the inserts: (instructions/art book and a soundtrack (small psp looking) disc.

Anyone know what plays those disc??
You're lucky lol. Mine came from the warehouse with the black sticker covering the defective one and no extras. Scared to even test it because I have no idea how a switch game could be defective.

You're lucky lol. Mine came from the warehouse with the black sticker covering the defective one and no extras. Scared to even test it because I have no idea how a switch game could be defective.
Oh wow. I've purchased over 20 pre-owned switch games from GameStop and haven't tested most of them. I wouldn't doubt having some defective ones. With disc, you can least get a good idea by looking at them

If you want the $15 off $75+ pre-owned games, pm me.

Edit: Sent to Davem
Thanks again! I went and bought some misc retro games from my childhood my mom probably threw away. Mostly just want a clean cartridge sticker for display, don't care if it works or not heh.

Yay for no random characters, boo for a very subpar week (yay for 35 TIV return though!). Hopefully that means a bunch of online flash sales next week!

Oh wow. I've purchased over 20 pre-owned switch games from GameStop and haven't tested most of them. I wouldn't doubt having some defective ones. With disc, you can least get a good idea by looking at them
Not a "black sticker over defective from warehouse" game, but I had a pre-owned Super Mario Maker 2 cartridge with a marker dot on it that didn't read into my switch at first, but after swabbed the metal with a lens wipe it read just fine. Even got 60 gold points! Needless to say, I traded that cartridge back in pretty quick. The two "defective - send to warehouse" stickered switch games I did get read fine, even played the games a little bit just to make sure. It's the Wii U games that have become a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back